PDA

View Full Version : Why'd they make the new Jedi Luke Unleashed mold look like crap?!!!

DravenUnleashed
02-15-2003, 03:49 AM
God and of all the characters to do it to they made Luke, not ANH Luke, not Hoth Luke, BUT JEDI KNIGHT LUKE look like a dam failure?!! God I hope they do another one like theyre doing with Vader only this time making him look better!!! Arrrghh! Damnit! Now my Valentines day is ruined to hell!!! ARRGGHHH!!!

Beast
02-15-2003, 03:55 AM
Hmm, seems to match all the rest of the Unleashed figures so far. Overly posed figures in dramatic scenes that pretty much never appeared in the actual movies, and feature artistic representations of the charecter. It was pretty much a shoe-in that it was going to be Luke: Jedi from the beginning.

Look on the bring side, it could have been as bad a ballerina Darth Maul. In comparison to that, this is really a nice work of art. It will be even better if the lightsaber trail is removable. Which is possible, with it being such a big piece.

And I doubt they will do another one, as the rest of the 2003 line-up is pretty much written in stone. And if a toy can ruin a holiday invented by the candy and greeting card companies, then maybe you're taking the hobby a tad to serious. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

12inch Lando
02-15-2003, 04:29 AM
The Darth Maul Unleashed fig is much better in my opinion. "Strike 3 Luke" just looks wrong on many levels. Why does the motion blur from his saber look like a fluid? Some sort of drippy trippy ectoplasmic residue. Maybe he just hacked Slimer in half. His Left leg just doesnt look right either. I know It's the "Swing and a miss pose" but this one looks like the pic you'd toss out of your major league hack and slash fest pics.

187-Maul
02-15-2003, 09:33 AM
looks like I'm the ionly one who really likes this fig, although the green stuff looks kinda strange, I really like the pose and all of Luke, just cause he wasn't like that in the movie he can still look cool
and BTW, Darth Maul is my favorite Unleashed next to Count Dooku:)

Jayspawn
02-15-2003, 11:05 AM
I'm not sure what I think about the Unleashed Luke. He looks overposed. The lightsaber look is interesting, it looks like he's throwing some green slime at somebody? I'll have to see it in person first.

Turbowars
02-15-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
looks like I'm the ionly one who really likes this fig, although the green stuff looks kinda strange, I really like the pose and all of Luke, just cause he wasn't like that in the movie he can still look cool
and BTW, Darth Maul is my favorite Unleashed next to Count Dooku:) 187-Maul, I really like this figure and I also like Maul, though not my favorite (Padme and Dooku are the best in IMHO). I think I'm the only one that likes the green saber goo.

187-Maul
02-15-2003, 11:56 AM
I like it too, although it would've been just as cool without IMO:)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-15-2003, 12:14 PM
I too like this figure alot. I've been impressed w/ the Unleashed line and this just continues to win my support. That's 3 hasbro will sell!!! ˇYay! :D

QLD
02-15-2003, 12:18 PM
No sir, I don't like it. Not at all. Not one bit.

2-1B
02-15-2003, 01:41 PM
If McFarlane Sports Picks ever does a series of the ladies from the LPGA, this Luke will fit in perfectly. :)

Turbowars
02-15-2003, 02:44 PM
LOLOLOLOL Holding belly:stupid: :evil:

El Chuxter
02-15-2003, 02:45 PM
I'm going to vocally join the minority here and voice my praise for this figure. The Unleashed line is getting better and better. I'm glad it's doing better than the Jedi Powers line and the Epic Force line; I want to see Unleashed figures from now until 2018! I'm not kidding when I say that for the most part I look forward to the Unleashed figures more than the 3.75" scale figures.

Bring on the Unleashed TEEEEEEEEEEEK! :crazed::Pirate:

OzOtter
02-15-2003, 05:52 PM
"I'm with you too!"

I really like it. Between Luke and Leia, I may branch out in my collecting to include stuff from the unleashed line.

RaptorMCSE
02-15-2003, 06:42 PM
All I can say is this figure looks Great.

Love the saber effect.

:D

bobafrett
02-15-2003, 09:31 PM
I have yet to see it. I take it this is up on the Hasbro site?

bobafrett
02-15-2003, 09:36 PM
Okay, I just went and had a look. I think it looks alright with the exception of the left leg which makes him look like he's running "funny". :D

Bent Wookie
02-16-2003, 07:38 PM
Add another notch to the "I like it" belt.

I agree. The regular line is getting stale to me, but the Unleashed is the fresh new kid on the block. I really hope it stays! Of course, I realize because of the concept, the line won't last as long as the regular figs (Can anyone see an Unleashed Wuhr? ;) ), but if it stays until all the main characters and best ideas are hashed out, I'll be one happy Wookie! :D

We need Chewie Unleashed! :)

Bent

SirSteve
02-20-2003, 07:54 AM
Bet you didn't know, Art Asylum actually sculpted the Unleashed line...

187-Maul
02-20-2003, 08:16 AM
I don't care who sculpted the line, as long as they continue with it and make an emperor palpatine I'm happy:)

HkChicago
02-20-2003, 11:39 AM
I love the Unleashed line, it's the only Hasbro I collect (My $ goes to LEGO). I went everywhere getting the first 7 last September and I'll pick up and display all of them. So I hope the line does get into other characters, no matter how insignificant.

*dies in 50 years waiting for FA-4 unleashed...*

As for Luke, I don't mind the glob as long as they detach it from the lightsaber. Lightsabers are sacred and cool as is, no additions please. This can be fixed by giving Luke Anakin's green blade and giving Anakin Dooku's red blade (premature to his turn to the darkside, but it works)

I like the sculpt, but this is the first unleashed that doesn't take me into the "moment." Even Padme who is pieced together from multiple moments (has blaster, on arena column, shirt cut, etc.) expresses her character well at the end of AOTC. Dancing Maul unleashed worked because that's his fighting style - it's not Luke's.

Check out unleashed Tyrannus (the best one), it works great and he's not contorted waving his arms - he stands tall and delivers the force lightning with class. I hope we'll see Sidious in the same style.

I would have liked to see Luke as is, but on 2 feet. The base needs some improvement too - it looks too small and unoriginal. So far all the unleashed bases have had that extra touch - the Reek's print on Mace's base is aces. So is base on the new Wat Tambor saga fig - the holo techno-union ship is awesome... let's see the added detail to Luke to make this one another great release.

I'm most looking forward to Sidious this year, and I'm disappointed at no Qui-Gon yet.

jpak001
02-20-2003, 08:40 PM
I collect the Unleashed line, and will be getting these too. I would like to see the six ESB bounty hunters done, that would be awesome!

The Luke looks ok in the Hasbro pic IMO. not the best of the line, but still pretty cool looking.

I remember that the early pics of Maul and Anakin had a tiny bit of "goo trail" coming off the tips of thier sabers, but the actual figures didn't end up with it. Who knows, maybe Luke won't actually come with it either...

I don't mind if does though. It would be easy to slice it off, or replace it (like HkChicago said) if it looks really bad in person :D

Turbowars
02-20-2003, 09:04 PM
Well on the front page, theres a topic that says Obi, is planned along with Luke and 6 others. I can't wait. Has anyone score Leia Yet?

Beast
02-20-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Well on the front page, theres a topic that says Obi, is planned along with Luke and 6 others.
The List so far, according to the earlier retailer lists is:

Princess Leia: Slave Outfit
Darth Vader: Redux
Boba Fett
Darth Sidious
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight
Obi-Wan Kenobi (E2)
Yoda

Boba Fett is rumored to be Fett flying out of the mouth of the Sarlaac, with his blaser rifle firing. Han Solo is rumored to be Han on the ramp of the Millenium Falcon, firing his blaster. The pose is supposedly like the one from the 25th Anniversary figure 2-packs. Neither are confirmed to look that way, but sound like somthing to fit the rest of the stylized figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
02-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Oh I hope the rumor about that Han Solo is true.
I'm curious to see what they do with Darth Sidious though since his screen time has been so limited I have a hard time picturing him in anything but a neutral pose.

187-Maul
02-21-2003, 10:38 AM
I'm still hoping that they mixed up the name Darth Sidious with Emperor Palpatine...:)
I agree with you Hellboy, how could they even make a Sidious in an unleashed pose? maybe something from EU but nothing from the movie really (and I know a lot of people say that unleashed IS EU but I don't agree with that)

HkChicago
02-21-2003, 02:56 PM
I expect Sidious to be ROTJ unleashed. Just like the Tyrannus sculpt but 2 handed lightning, dark-side posture, and that wonderful grin.

187 I prefer that these relate to the movies as much as possible too.

chubbychicken
02-22-2003, 02:10 AM
:rolleyes: ...i dunno i think the unleashed figure of luke looks cool haha i like that cool golf things hes got happening...oh by the way does anyone know if they have any pictures of the throne room duel luke skywalker pictures anywhere? cuz i really wanna c wat its gonna look like

Bent Wookie
02-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Bet you didn't know, Art Asylum actually sculpted the Unleashed line...

Now that would explain a lot, SirSteve. I've liked pretty much everything to come out of AA lately...just hope they stay on for the duration. :)

Bent

Tonysmo
02-25-2003, 07:29 AM
ok, I've hesistated with this long enough, but with the unleashed padme.. does she look uh, well lets just say SHES GOT HUGE TRACTS OF LAND.. I guess I'm wondering why they made her this way.. shes not sporting those in the movie.. Not that I dont like the sculpt or anything.. I'm certain she would be proud to see how well shes been represented.. just seems odd I guess..

good lard I hope that I didnt come off as perverted.. just stating an opinion that shes got a nice sculpt... now for the ROTJ Leia chained bikini unleashed...

Turbowars
02-25-2003, 10:16 AM
You perve, I never noticed the 2 things on her chest:crazed: