PDA

View Full Version : Best online-retailers?

187-Maul
02-15-2003, 10:59 AM
I know this has been asked many times but I can't find the thread about it (maybe I'm blind:stupid: ) but since my dad is going to the US in a couple of weeks and we have friends there he said it was the best to order the figs I want online and have them sent to the friends so my dad can pick them up there and doesn't have to go toy-hunting (he's there for business)
so, what are the best (and cheapest) online-retailers? I tried the sponsors of SSG but they all don't seem to be perfect (I'm looking for the new Droideka, clone pilot, clone with speederbike and the target geonosis set in particular but a site with a POTF2 stock would be great too:D ) so please list all you know so I can just look a bit around
you do want to help a fellow collector out, don't you?:D
thanx in advance

187-Maul
02-15-2003, 12:15 PM
ok, the best site I have found till now is Kebco, but the figs are 6.99 each, but thy also have other stuff I want (remov. limbs C-3PO for 10$ and Zombie Spawn for 10$)
anyone?

187-Maul
02-15-2003, 08:14 PM
isn't there anyone who can help me?:(

keithfite
02-15-2003, 08:29 PM
brianstoys.com is the most complete site. it has the most stuff, plus they got a free shipping deal right now. jamstoys.com and yestertoys.com, are good on prices but I dont know if yestertoys is working now while they update

187-Maul
02-16-2003, 05:41 AM
thanx for the links but brianstoys is really expensive and jamstoys also has the new ones for 8.99$, which would probably be the same price as here at the end if you add the shipping cost
thanks anyway
I guess I'll just stick to Kebco, anyone ever ordered there, how good was the service?

Val Da Car
02-16-2003, 07:20 AM
I ordered from Kebco during last year's Dock Strike fiasco.

Kebco was always good about updating me and other customers with any information and I respect them for that since the dock issue was out of their control.

As soon as they had the figures they turned them around and I had them within days....

They were polite enough to hold on to my non-mint figures so that my entire order would ship together.

As for yestertoys I picked up some figures for army building and his flat freight charge (for US customers) is great.

There is nothing worse than picking up figures and getting gouged on freight. (this usually happens on Ebay if you don't ask or shop around)

Thunderstorm1
02-16-2003, 08:30 AM
Yes, I have had very gool luck with Kebco. Highly Recommended!

Especially if you join their one of every figure club, the price drops!

Turbowars
02-16-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul

(I'm looking for the new Droideka, clone pilot, clone with speederbike and the target geonosis set in particular but a site with a POTF2 stock would be great too:D
hey 187-Maul, the ones that you listed above are all over the place around here (USA CA). I can get them for you and I have a bunch of POTF2 stuff also. I'd sell at retail too. You just will have to pay shipping. Heck I can ship them to your friend in the US if thats better. LMK, so I can grab a few of these for you.

Val Da Car
02-16-2003, 10:40 AM
just so you both know that the Target accessory pack has a price cut of $2 (US) down to $7.99 provided that the packs are still in stock.

187-Maul
02-16-2003, 12:25 PM
that would be really cool, turbowars:)
do you also have the removable limds C-3PO? of course I would first have to ask my dad about everything (payment and stuff):D
just send me an e-mail and we'll see, it's yannick_ludwig@hotmail.com
but don't buy the figs right now of course and wait till we have a deal
thanks and hopefully we can work something out

edit: I just asked my dad (since he would be the one paying, remember, I'm noly 16) and he doesn't want to buy from a "private seller" since he doesn't trust it, I told him you wouldn't try to rip us off, but he doesn't want to do it, so I guess the deal is off:(

so I guess I will order from Kebco, although the Droideka and Clone Pilot are 7$ there, but it's still a lot cheaper then here
or does anybody else have a good site (with good service) that has the figs for less than 7$?

Turbowars
02-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Oh well, I guess you will be spending more $. I'm kind of insulted, but I understand.

Val Da Car
02-16-2003, 03:39 PM
TB,relax....187 and his dad are in another country and don't know you from squat.

He would rather give his cc# to a complete stranger vs a partial stranger.....j/k..

relax ppl..

At least is something happens in transit he could work it out with an online dealer plus they probably get better freight than you TB.

I have traded with TB before and he is true to his word....no lie...

TB hooked me up with extra gunship turrets when no one even had Gunship Pilots....

Fair, balanced pricing...is what TB is all about.

Val Da Car aka speedracerx

just my $.02:D

187-Maul
02-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Val Da Car pretty much said it, we are in another country and IF something may happen we couldn't really do anything about it, and it was nothing against you, he just doesn't want to deal with someone I "met in a forum and who I don't know", he also is very sceptical about using ebay here

Turbowars
02-16-2003, 03:53 PM
Hey no problem, I was just kind of insulted at 1st. I know you live in Paris and Val Da Car is right about the shipping fee and I did set him up with some turrets. I just thought I could save you some $, because I can get what you want at retail. Sometimes people ask for help and when someone offers it, they think they are up to something. No hard feelings.:D

187-Maul
02-16-2003, 04:41 PM
so how much are figs at retail excatly? cause my dad is still going to look in some stores if he has time (I want several Droidekas but not for $6.99) and I have a list with pics and all (I always give him a list when he goes to the US, he just suggested the online-shopping since I can find more that way) and I have to put a max. price on everything I list
so how much are the basic figs and how much are the accessory packs (I take it they are reg. $10 and now $8)?

Turbowars
02-16-2003, 07:37 PM
The basics are $4.77 at Walmart and a little higher at TRU, don't go to KB, they are the most $$$. Yeah the Deluxe are 9.99 at most places, I didn't know about the 2 bucks off, so yeah I guess they are 7.99 now.

Banthaholic
02-16-2003, 09:00 PM
When in doubt try this pages sponsors. I've dealt with most online retailers in one way or another, and only have had a horrible experience with one (Power Collectibles)

Let's just say I waited over two months for my order and when I finally did thye sent the wrong Yoda (Saga instead of Flashback) and to make matters worse they insisted that I send back the product for me to get a refund for the wrong item. After waiting over two months I was a bit hesitant to spend $5 shipping to get a refund on a $6 figure (although they SAID they would refund my shipoing cost they also said it'd take a week to receive the order) so I ate the cost. So I don't deal with them any longer.

Yestertoys is spectatular! Brian's is also quality. While the prices can be a bit hefty, it's worth it, every time I order from there, I get the item within two days. Awesome service.

I don't know if they'll ship to Paris or not, but check out GetCollectiing.com When I got back into collecting I got alot of POTF-2/EP1 products from them. The cards aren't always mint, although at the timw I got the majorority of the POTF-2/EP1 figures between $4-5. Thus leaving only small gaps in the collection.
Otherwise I recommend just web surfing. Some of the best stores are the ones not listed on major sites. Since obviously people on these sites know the more 'valuable' items, thus making them harder to get. I've had real good luck with 'smaller-market' stores for completing my tough to find items.

187-Maul
02-17-2003, 12:12 PM
thanks for the link (getcollecting), the site looks really good (but mostly for the POTF2 stuff, not saga)
hmm, after checking the site, it seems that most POTF2 figs I want (Ishi Tib, C-3PO etc.) are not abailable at the moment, damn

so anybody had good experience with Kebco? how long did the shipping in the US take, since my dad will be there from this friday to the next, so when we order today it has to arrive in time and if not, I'll have to wait till the next time my father goes to the US, and that could probably take some time

stillakid
02-17-2003, 12:27 PM
After experimenting with almost all the online retailers at least once, I've pretty much just used KEBco for a while now (except when I can't find a retail exclusive that they can't get and I have to search elsewhere).

I joined their "one of every figure" club and it works out pretty well. I tend to get figures a few weeks later than it seems everyone else around here does, but that may be because I asked them to not just ship one or two figures at a time to save shipping costs. I'm sure if you want something sooner, they'll oblige.

Oh, and TW lives just a few miles from me so I'll vouch for him. :)

Val Da Car
02-17-2003, 11:08 PM
if anything email Kebco and ask them....They are friendly and pretty responsive even sometimes posting here in the forums...
in fact here is their Customer service email....email soon since they work late.

<p>custservice@kebcotoys.com

good luck

187-Maul
02-18-2003, 01:04 PM
I already emailed them (for availability of some figs) and I got an answer some hours later, so yeah, their customer service is great till now:)

Hellboy
02-19-2003, 06:37 PM
If you are looking for the best prices I'd have to say Yestertoys is the best. The customer service is great as well but they don't always have the more rare or popular items in stock.

Brian's Toys is the best for finding vintage figures IMO but the fact that they charge around $20 for newly released figures is absurd and because of that I wiil not support them by giving them my buisness.

If you're ordering new items I've found D&S toys (dnstoys.com) to be my favorite. They have most of the new items early or right when they come out and the prices are usually quite fair so I buy from them regularly. With gas being as expensive as it is and the amount of wasted time I've spent in the past searching for items in stores locally only to come up empty handed I have no problem justifying a few extra bucks for my toys. :)