PDA

View Full Version : Pablo Jill

cassanova frankensti
02-16-2003, 10:22 AM
I can't beleive that there has been no mention of a Pablo Jill figure for this year. He is about the coolest looking Jedi there is. Im glad they are going Coleman Trebor and those two chick Jedi, but how can they pass up a guy who has his mouth on top of his head and his eyeballs hanging off the side of this face? You can see a picture of him at starwars.com. Plus he had pretty decent screen time: He was at the crash site of Zam's speeder crash, he was in the Jedi archives and of course was fetured in the arena battle. By 2004 they are going to HAVE to do Pablo Jill, Yarael Poof, Oppo Rancisis, Evan Piel and YADDLE before they give us another 4 or 5 new Mace Windus and yodas.... Hopefully 2 of the jedi on this list will be in the new Jedi Council screen scene, as Hasbro said it will contain 2 all-new figs. The one rehash figure in that screen scene will probably turn out to be Mace or Yoda, but wouldn't it be cool if the one rehash actually turns out to be Plo Koon sitting in his chair?

Beast
02-16-2003, 10:46 AM
Pablo Jill is pretty cool, but I'd rather that Hasbro turn their direction back on the Jedi council again. There are quite a few council members from E1/E2 that still have yet to be made. Thankfully we are getting atleast one, maybe even two Jedi Council Screen Scenes this year. Of course, they pretty much confirmed that it's going to be the council from AOTC's.

So Yaddle and Yareal Poof are both out, thanks to their untimely deaths. But there is a chance for Oppo Rancisis, Evan Piell, and Depa Billaba to see plastic. As for Hasbro having to do anything by 2004, not really. With the line extended until a possible 2018, there is more then enough time to pretty much get anyone left that still hasn't been done. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
02-16-2003, 03:18 PM
Like I always say...any new figures are welcome. They are a ton that need to be made as is. From ANH through AOTC. Pablo would be a welcome figure but so will alot of others.

Jargo
02-16-2003, 04:41 PM
With the clone wars in the frame so to speak it's a fair bet that we'll see Mr. Jill pretty soon. I wouldn't give up hope because yes, Pablo (species?) is one of the most interesting looking new aliens, also the ugliest alien yet. His bow legs are odd enough to give him a few more cool points IMO. But let's not forget to invite the others to the party

Stass Allie (black human),
Sora Bulq (Weequay),
Tarados Gon (Klatooinian),
Roth Del Masona (black human),
Bultar Swan (asian human),
Agen Kolar (Zabrak),
Joclad Danva (caucasian human).
Oppo Rancisis,
Yareal Poof,
Even Piell,
Yaddle,
Depa Billaba,
Madame Jocasta Nu
Padawan Liam
Padawan Jack
Padawan Mari Amethist

There's likely to be a load of new Jedi characters coming from the clone wars sub theme and then with the final movie we'll likely see new Jedi. With a further fifteen years of license to run, Hasbro probably feels there's plenty of time to get around to them. Just keep asking for them.

Beast
02-16-2003, 04:49 PM
I really hope they get around to doing Madame Jocasta Nu, she was one of my favorite E2 Jedi charecters. Just a cranky old grandmotherly type. Kinda reminds me of me mum. I especially like her Jedi outfit, not as drab and boring as the other Jedi. Plus the cool chopsticks in her hairbun. Just pack her with the Archives bust of Count Dooku, and I'll buy 2. :)

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/jocastanu/img/eu_bg.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jpak001
02-16-2003, 05:11 PM
I notice she carries a lightsaber in that picture (didn't notice in the movie). Imagine her going at it in a lightsaber battle!:eek:

I'm with everyone here on the Jedi figures. As the Jedi are some of the few figures I still actually buy, I really want them to make every one. Especially the councils including Poof & Yaddle. C'mon Hasbro, Yaddle would make an awesome figure! They could even do it as a two pack w/Even Piell (well I'm sure the two pack won't happen, but one could dream).

Beast
02-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Yeah, the database file says that she still wears it as a testament from her younger days of field service. It also says that she used to be on the Jedi Council. That's cool, maybe her and Yoda dated in the old days. ;) :D

Jocasta Nu served as Archives Director for over 30 years, attending the position after a decade-long term on the Jedi Council. Her patterned robes bear the symbols of the Ansata, indicating devotion to knowledge and learning. Though not a frontline warrior, Jocasta still wore her lightsaber as testament to her younger days of field service. In addition to serving as custodian of the records, she would prepare mission briefs for Jedi taskforces and Knights on assignment.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jpak001
02-16-2003, 11:51 PM
Huh, now I have a whole new respect for her (I thought she was just a snooty librarian before)

Word has it that Yoda was quite the stud in his younger days! :crazed:

evenflow
02-17-2003, 08:09 AM
I say first they should finish the Episode I Jedi COuncil, then Episode II. Then tey should work on the other Jedi.

dirtybones
02-17-2003, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cassanova frankensti
You can see a picture of him at starwars.com. Plus he had pretty decent screen time: He was at the crash site of Zam's speeder crash,

Was that him?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-17-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
That's cool, maybe her and Yoda dated in the old days. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks (Thinks of Madame Jocasta Nu and Yoda....and shudders homer style) ewwwwwwwwwww

I'd buy one of her figures too. She cracked me up. As for Pablo, bring him on!! :D

Lman316
02-19-2003, 11:29 AM
I'm with the sentiment: the more Jedi, the better. Especially if the figures are actually good.
I would like to see Jill at some point, and I can only hope that he looks as good and is articulated as well as our new Coleman Trebor figure. Trebor looks very nice and it's sad that a lot of the others don't fit with him, as they're over-posed, under articulated or gimmick-riddled. I'm mostly thinking of Luminara, Barriss, Aayla Secura and the few Anakins we've had... But it's possible we'll see some neutrally posed resculpts at some point.

So, to reiterate: yes, I would like a Pablo Jill figure. Definitely. And it doesn't matter if they make him first, or wait until the Council Members are done - just as long as we get him.

Bring on more Jedi (but don't forget the articulation, Hasbro)! :D.

End...

187-Maul
02-19-2003, 01:54 PM
I'd also love to see more jedi figs (since they're about the only "type" I buy all of), this year is really starting good (Aayle, Barriss, Coleman), I just hope they keep continuing with the jedis, and I'm with Lman316, no matter if before or after the jedi council, I want a Pablo Jill too, the more obscure alien jedi, the better:)