PDA

View Full Version : Make Figures That Can Actually Hold Their Accessories!

Lman316
02-16-2003, 11:31 AM
I speak for a lot of the figures, but specifically of the Clone Troopers. I recently pulled a few out of storage - to play with and figure out where to display them - and I suddenly remembered what a pain it was trying to get them to hold their weapons. The Red Clone Commanders won't hold them [the blasters] and the Sneak Peek Clone Troopers can't hold them without those little rubber bands (I stupidly pulled them off because I assumed they'd be able to hold their own accessories :rolleyes: )

I am excited over the new Clones being released in your Clone War line, this fall. But I'm starting to worry that these figures will have the same problems that their predecessors have. Their hands are just too small, it seems, and the plastic they're made of is too soft. The weapons will eventually fall from their grip and they barely stay put when it's posed using two hands.

So, at least for the Clones, I suggest that you "beef" them up a bit (I know some people just find the Clone body to be too small on the whole) and make their hands bigger and of harder plastic. When I put an accessory in a figure's hand, I like to hear a little "snap" to know that sucker isn't coming out (even if I hold it upside down and shake it). Some of the earlier figures did that - like the original Jedi Luke - and I'd like to see more of that practiced here.
Many other figures released in the Saga line do not have tight grips on their accessories. For example, on the Jedi figures (like some Obi-Wan's and some versions of Anakin) their lightsabers will wobble in their own hands. Magnets are fine and dandy, but they really don't add for stability. Make a tighter grip, please! Especially on the Clone Troopers!

Thank you, if you're reading this! :D

End...

187-Maul
02-16-2003, 12:40 PM
most figs I have can hold their accessories fine, although some jedis like Seasee Tiin or Anakin hangar duel have some problems, thank god that some jedis have magnets in their hands
but my clonetroopers are fine, my preview clone can hold his rifle perfect, I can even lift him up holding his rifle and the others hold their guns pretty good too but it could've been a little bit tighter so I agree, some figures do need a tighter grip

Beast
02-16-2003, 12:49 PM
I haven't had much trouble with this. Just pinch the hands closed more, then you're set. If you want to, you can even run the hand under hot water, and that should make it even easier to squeeze together. Just heat, squeeze, run cold water. Most of the time, you only really have to just pinch it closed more. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lman316
02-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I haven't had much trouble with this. Just pinch the hands closed more, then you're set. If you want to, you can even run the hand under hot water, and that should make it even easier to squeeze together. Just heat, squeeze, run cold water. Most of the time, you only really have to just pinch it closed more. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sorry, that just "ain't happenin'" with mine. I tried squeezing the hands and it only works for about a second. Then if I barely touch the figure, the weapon falls. Their hands just aren't big enough, IMO, and the plastic is too soft.
They should use the hands from the CommTech Stormtroopers - those would be nice :happy:.

End...

coy5
02-16-2003, 07:19 PM
Hah, you know it is kind of ironic that you want figures to be able to hold their weapons, look at the new vader figure. I guess they realized this problem and just decided to make him able the throw his weapon, yeah, more like drop his lightsaber on his big toe, Eeeeoouuuccchhhhh, that's gotta hurt. At least the wound would be cartorized.