PDA

View Full Version : What are you listening to? (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

JimJamBonds
07-07-2010, 11:26 AM
I forgot to ask this before
Master of Puppets not getting that Grammy award ruined that band, I liked the black album when it came out but now it's very hard for me to listen to, it's very watered down.

Why do you think ... AJFA not getting the grammy ruined the band?

I still am a minority of one, but I dig Load and ReLoad to this day. St. Anger was a pile of dog snot, though.

Make that a minority of two, I like Load and ReLoad as well. St. Anger has its moments. For the longest time I didn't like ...AJFA with the exception of One, but now looking back I like it more then in the past.... its still far from my favorite but I don't have a problem throwing it in the cd player every now and then.

JediTricks
07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Cocaine, Eric Clapton. Pandora chose it from my Cat Scratch Fever channel.

I forgot to ask this before

Why do you think ... AJFA not getting the grammy ruined the band?Because after that, their music tried to win accolades, they started aiming it, making "product" for a wider audience, which is more about targeting and softening to gain more radio play and thus wider acceptance. It's not from the heart or the groin, it's from Bob Rock's 64-channel mixing board. It's slower, thinner, uses the word "crap", shorter, less inventive, less changeups, less balls, no more sci-fi instrumentals. That era is more about marketing than about music, it sounds more produced than anything else (Death Magnetic gets away from this, and I didn't know it wasn't Bob Rock until I started doing the research for this discussion), they started going for a formula that let folks like my grandmother listen to them. They wanted accolades and cash over playing badass music. Even Lars' drumming feels lazier from the black album on, IMO.

JimJamBonds
07-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Even Lars' drumming feels lazier from the black album on, IMO.

I agree with that one no doubt. He once said he isn't as interested in the drums as he used to be (he continued to take lessons through ...AJFA). I understand his 'concept' behind his playing on Load (he wanted to make an album without using double kick drum) and he also said he stopped listening and following Neil Peart. While he was never known for "Peart like drumming" he was known for lightning fast double bass work and he totally got away from that. During the recording of St. Anger he said that some of the songs were long and that he even was playing double bass again. While both of those points were true I found that just because you're throwing in some double bass that doesn't mean that double bass was needed.

When listening to live shows (I've got a number of bootlegs from pretty much every tour they have ever done) and his playing has become sloppy and he takes "the easy way out" when playing KEM - Puppets era songs.

All of that said even at my "prime" as a drummer and Lars at his worst he could have one armed and one legged out drummed me.

JediTricks
07-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Was playing all my Metallica right now on shuffle, it was the end of Suicide & Redemption, then it went to Call of Ktulu, and I was like "I don't want another instrumental right after 1" so I clicked forward and Orion comes up! It's like the metal gods were trying to tell me something... something about forgetting to mention Hetfield's vocals and how they're now "singing". :p (I didn't use it in my prior post because I think it's a little unfair to call out, the guy's throat is probably trashed from years of the original Metallica scream so he has to do something new.)

Anyway, you shouldn't feel bad that Lars is a better drummer than you, he should be, he's the ****ing drummer for Metallica, that should mean something extra special! But for a while now he's sorta forgotten that.

JimJamBonds
07-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Hetfield lost his voice while recording "So What" during the Black Album, since then he has been using an actual 'warm up.' He talks about it on the S&M 'behind the scenes part.'

I think his voice has matured as he has gotten older, however with that has come "wooo's" "yeahhhhh's" and other nonsense. :)

Ohh and one more thing about Lars. He used to be my favorite member, now I think he's a D bag.

JediTricks
07-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I didn't know he blew his voice out on a punk cover, that's pretty goofy. :p Listening to it now, sounds like he's going for the job of Henry Rollins understudy.

Ever since Lars threw a very public hissy over Napster (when it was really his dumbass engineer's fault), he's been on a massive downslide into d-baggery.

Uh, anyway, I was listening to Life, by Sly & the Family Stone before that.

JimJamBonds
07-09-2010, 09:01 PM
I forgot to say before JT, in your Metallica instrumental 'set' did 'Anthestia' come up? Not only does it feature Cliff but if you listen carefully there is a screw up by Lars.

As for what I'm listening to right now. Stillborn ~ Black Label Society.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2010, 11:29 PM
I wanna join in this musical conversation, too!

Belinda Carlisle "I Get Weak." \m/ :yes: \m/

Wait; that's not metal. Eh.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-09-2010, 11:56 PM
I wanna join in this musical conversation, too!

Belinda Carlisle "I Get Weak." \m/ :yes: \m/

Wait; that's not metal. Eh."This Town" by the Go-Go's is a bit closer to metal. There is a version of it on Youtube by Human Waste Project featuring Jonathan Davis that is much closer to metal.

JimJamBonds
07-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Enough of the metal, now on to show tunes.

Aids ~ From Team America World Police.

El Chuxter
07-10-2010, 01:28 PM
"Remains of the Day" by Danny Elfman.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Now: "Modern Love" by Bowie.

JimJamBonds
07-11-2010, 12:16 PM
American Girl ~ Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

JediTricks
07-13-2010, 04:48 PM
You Can't Always Get What You Want, Rolling Stones, it's a slow live version though so I'm jumping it forward. Live Wire, AC/DC came up. As for show tunes (I don't theme my music based on you people, it's based on my playlists when I get here), is it in Iron Man 2? I dunno, I didn't see it, but I hear that film is just a backdoor method of a greatest hits album for AC/DC.

I forgot to say before JT, in your Metallica instrumental 'set' did 'Anthestia' come up? Not only does it feature Cliff but if you listen carefully there is a screw up by Lars.Remarkably, it did! After I jumped it to a vocals tune and that played, the shuffled song right after was Pulling Teeth!

JimJamBonds
07-14-2010, 10:01 AM
...is it in Iron Man 2? I dunno, I didn't see it, but I hear that film is just a backdoor method of a greatest hits album for AC/DC

Didn't see IMII but I have looked at the soundtrack and it is all AC/DC songs.

Remarkably, it did! After I jumped it to a vocals tune and that played, the shuffled song right after was Pulling Teeth!

Wow thats pretty freaky!

Shoebox ~ Barenaked Ladies

JediTricks
07-14-2010, 04:39 PM
My Name is Mud, Primus. It's ending, so let's see what's next...

Fun, Sly & the Family Stone.

JimJamBonds
07-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Lets Get It On, Marvin Gaye

Bel-Cam Jos
07-15-2010, 04:07 PM
It's like this and like that and like this, and uh: "Nuthin But a G Thang" by Snoop and Dre. Ye-ah. :rolleyes:

JimJamBonds
07-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Play that funky music ~ Wild Cherry

JediTricks
07-15-2010, 06:30 PM
The Frayed Ends of Sanity, then Seek and Destroy, both Metallica.

DarthQuack
07-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Been listening to the OT soundtrack, all the 2 disc versions. :)

JimJamBonds
07-15-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm Shipping Up To Boston ~ The Dropkick Murphys (again)

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 03:31 AM
Dog Eat Dog, AC/DC

Bel-Cam Jos
07-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Was that a cover of Weird Al's "Dog Eat Dog," JT? (one of his lesser quality homage songs, IMO)

JimJamBonds
07-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Headline News ~ Weird Al

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Was that a cover of Weird Al's "Dog Eat Dog," JT? (one of his lesser quality homage songs, IMO)
No, a tune from before Al was weird. :p

If You Dare, AC/DC. I'm on the AC/DC playlist so it's not surprising.

JimJamBonds
07-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Disposable Heros ~ Metallica

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Big Jack, AC/DC. I didn't think I was going to like this tune, but it got under my skin pretty well.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-16-2010, 11:24 PM

No, a tune from before Al was weird.

Nor is it a cover of the Ted Nugent song of the same name. If only I had the Weird Al song, I'd be able to have a "Dog Eat Dog" Threefer (a local station used to have a program called "Threefer Madness" in which they would play groups of three songs by the same artist, or songs with something in common).

El Chuxter
07-17-2010, 12:45 AM
I love Weird Al.

You're not missing anything.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-17-2010, 01:15 AM
I love Weird Al.

You're not missing anything.
What do you mean? I like Al's "Dog Eat Dog" since it is a parody of one of my favorites, Talking Heads.

El Chuxter
07-17-2010, 02:00 AM
I like Talking Heads, too (though I wouldn't classify them as one of my "favorites" exactly), but Weird Al's "Dog Eat Dog" is the first Al song to get cut for time. Well, it was until Straight Outta Lynnwood, at least.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Living Colour, "Memories Can't Wait."

Most of the songs from Weird Al's Polka Party album are in the doldrums, IMHO, and I believe "D.E.G." was on it.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Living Colour, "Memories Can't Wait."That one was a Talking Heads cover.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-17-2010, 12:33 PM
I didn't know LC did any covers of TH. (and now the Living Colour CD's on "Pride," not a cover of U2, BTW). Odd how it fit in to this discussion.

JimJamBonds
07-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Living Colour, "Memories Can't Wait."

You mean they have another song besides "Cult of Personality?" :D

JediTricks
07-17-2010, 01:34 PM
I didn't know LC did any covers of TH. (and now the Living Colour CD's on "Pride," not a cover of U2, BTW). Odd how it fit in to this discussion.
Yeah, that was awesome! I own the album it's on (Vivid) and I didn't know it was a cover (I just realized I don't know where that album is so no MP3s).

Just ended: The Green Manalishi (with the 2-pronged crown), Judas Priest.
Now: No One Like You, Scorpions. Really Pandora, really?!? You think that turkey of a song deserves to be on the channel I seeded with Ozzy?

sebillba
07-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Currently watching Classic Rock - Top 100 of all time on MTV.... up to no. 10 - Metallica's Enter Sandman.

JediTricks
07-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Hotel California, The Eagles. Why does Pandora think this belongs in my Dethklok channel? There must be an errant seed in there, that's lame.

I forgot to post that, I jumped past that tune, it played Never Forget, Tarot, Rock You Like a Hurricane (live version), Scorpions (Pandora has a thing for them today), and now For Those Who Are About To Rock, AC/DC. I am not sure which of the 4 channels I have it mixing it's playing these on as I wasn't looking, except Rock You Like a Hurricane was on the Cat Scratch Fever channel.

El Chuxter
07-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Hotel California, The Eagles. Why does Pandora think this belongs in my Dethklok channel? There must be an errant seed in there, that's lame.

Maybe because they've both been on Guitar Hero?

JediTricks
07-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Maybe because they've both been on Guitar Hero?
Pandora's not the type of thing to do that.

So, I came back to this thread after a handful more songs on Pandora to report that for the THIRD TIME TODAY Pandora has chosen Scorpions! And worse still, it's the album version of Rock You Like A Hurricane!!!!!!!! WTF? Did the Germans buy off Pandora?

Mad Slanted Powers
07-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Perhaps it is all to promote their farewell tour.

El Chuxter
07-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Has Pandora at least played "Robot Man"?

JediTricks
07-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Nein! NEIN!

JimJamBonds
07-17-2010, 06:57 PM
So, I came back to this thread after a handful more songs on Pandora to report that for the THIRD TIME TODAY Pandora has chosen Scorpions! And worse still, it's the album version of Rock You Like A Hurricane!!!!!!!! WTF? Did the Germans buy off Pandora?

Winds of Change is a good jam.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-17-2010, 07:09 PM

Nein! NEIN!It is available on iTunes now, though. They don't have all the pre-Lovedrive albums, but they do have some on there now. I'm not sure if I had heard anything from that era until I saw "Rockin' Deuce" with "Robot Man" in it.

JimJamBonds
07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Pinch Me ~ BNL

Bel-Cam Jos
07-18-2010, 07:07 PM
"Freeze Frame," by JGB. The unofficial stadium song played during replay delays.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-18-2010, 07:48 PM
"Freeze Frame," by JGB. The unofficial stadium song played during replay delays.
Do they play "Rage in the Cage" for anything?

JediTricks
07-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Bon Scott-era AC/DC. It all sounds the same. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
07-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Aside from "Knights [Nights?] in White Satin," the only Moody Blues song I know: "Your Wildest Dreams."

Bel-Cam Jos
07-25-2010, 07:23 PM
The next Burger King commerical theme song: Digital Underground's "Humpty Dance." What burger product rhymes with "lupid?" ;)

JimJamBonds
07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Zoot suit riot ~ Cherry Poppin' Daddies.

JimJamBonds
07-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Bad Romance ~ Jeffster!

JimJamBonds
08-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Memory ~ From the musical Cats

Bel-Cam Jos
08-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Since I've been setting and cleaning up my classroom this week, I've brought several CDs to pass the time: Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1812, the Pumpkins' Zeitgeist, Old School Hip Hop compliation, and Best Of/Greatest Hits of STP, John Mellancamp, New Order, U2 ('80-'90), and Def Leppard. Tomorrow, I don't know what I'll take, but once the 4 CDs I bring with me (and sometimes I take a double CD for "stoppage time" :D ) stop playing, it's my cue to depart.

figrin bran
08-03-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm listening to Suburbs, the latest Arcade Fire album.

JimJamBonds
08-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Since I've been setting and cleaning up my classroom this week, I've brought several CDs to pass the time: Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1812,

Don't you mean 1814? :D

As for myself...

If I Could Read Your Mind ~ Gordon Lightfoot

Bel-Cam Jos
08-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Don't you mean 1814? :D

As for myself...

If I Could Read Your Mind ~ Gordon LightfootIt's an older album... of BSLOS, of course. :rolleyes: So, as pennance:

"I've been spending way too much time
Checkin' my tongue in the mirror.
And bending over backwards
Just to try to see it clearer."

JimJamBonds
08-04-2010, 09:24 PM
God's Gonna Cut You Down ~ Johnny Cash

I recently 'found' this song and dang is it bad ash!

JediTricks
08-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Big Jack, AC/DC

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Last two days of classroom set-up, with the following CDs:
Bests of... Pat Benatar, INXS, Staind, Hall & Oates.
SW: ANH Special Edition
AM's Jagged Little Pill
VR's Contraband

JediTricks
08-05-2010, 05:02 PM
What Comes Around, Beastie Boys

El Chuxter
08-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Bests of... Pat Benatar, INXS, Staind, Hall & Oates.

As long as that Staind album says "best of" and never makes a claim to be "greatest hits," I'll allow it.

El Chuxter
08-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Was ripping some Quiet Riot to the computer, which made me look up Slade (the band who originally did "Cum on Feel the Noize" and "Mama Weer All Krazee Now").

My McDonald's Beard, I had no idea that Quiet Riot did total carbon copies of both songs.

This got me to browsing Amazon's MP3s to listen to some other 70s bands I'm not especially familiar with. Badfinger seemed especially interesting--basically, every song you always want to say is Wings, but you know isn't, these guys most likely did.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-05-2010, 07:47 PM
As long as that Staind album says "best of" and never makes a claim to be "greatest hits," I'll allow it.Why is that? They've had several hits.

Looking on iTunes, I see they have one called The Singles Collection, so it is neither called the best of nor greatest hits.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-05-2010, 07:57 PM
This got me to browsing Amazon's MP3s to listen to some other 70s bands I'm not especially familiar with. Badfinger seemed especially interesting--basically, every song you always want to say is Wings, but you know isn't, these guys most likely did.I don't know if I ever confused them with Wings. Beatles maybe, particularly on "Come and Get It", but the vocals never reminded me of Paul.

I just looked them up on iTunes, and the songs I remember are only available as re-recordings. Then I remembered that they were one of the first bands on Apple Records, so that is probably why iTunes does not have them. They have a lot of the solo Beatles stuff now, but still no Beatles.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2010, 07:58 PM
All those CDs have different names. Staind's proper title should assuage your fears: 1996-2006: The Singles, while Hall and That Other Guy's was an Essentials, Pat B's is a Greatest Hits, and INXS is The Best of.

El Chuxter
08-05-2010, 08:02 PM
I think I mix them up with Wings because some songs sound like the Beatles, but I know they're not the Beatles. :)

Staind had several singles. But were they hits? I only ever heard one of them ("It's Been Awhile," which I never much cared for, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it sucks) on the radio.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2010, 08:14 PM
If you listened to indy rock stations (103.9 The X would be local 'round here), these would be their "hits" then:
"Mudshovel"
"Outside" (I much prefer the studio version to the Family Values live one with Fred Bizquick)
"So Far Away" (which also got less "edgy" radio play)
"Far Away"
"Right Here"
"Come Again"
There's also an accoustic version of Tool's "Sober" on the CD that's pretty cool.

But as they say with jokes, if you have to go into too much detail, it's not as well known as it should be.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I think I mix them up with Wings because some songs sound like the Beatles, but I know they're not the Beatles. :)

Staind had several singles. But were they hits? I only ever heard one of them ("It's Been Awhile," which I never much cared for, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it sucks) on the radio.
They had several on the mainstream & modern rock charts. "It's Been Awhile" (#5) and "So Far Away" (#24) were their only top 40 hits the Billboard Hot 100. I am familiar with those two as well as "Outside", which I think I heard the live acoustic version with Aaron Lewis & Fred Durst more than the studio version. I was listening to a Canadian station a lot at that time that played modern rock.

El Chuxter
08-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Maybe I should listen to the radio more, but the nonstop stream of Van Halen (only Roth-era) tunes burned me out on it a while back.

Right now, I'm digging me some Milli Vanilli. I don't care who's singing it, that's some good late 80s queso there.

JimJamBonds
08-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Right now, I'm digging me some Milli Vanilli. I don't care who's singing it, that's some good late 80s queso there.

Last week at work I had to explain to a guy who Milli Vanilli was (the guy is 22) and that depressed me a bit... not as much as Fab was depressed just a quick 'wow I'm getting old type of depression.'

Mad Slanted Powers
08-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Maybe I should listen to the radio more, but the nonstop stream of Van Halen (only Roth-era) tunes burned me out on it a while back.
Actually, I barely listen to the radio for music anymore. I haven't even been listening to the Music Choice channels on cable, or internet radio either. When I'm online lately, I seem to have other stuff going on that would use up a lot of bandwith and make streaming music not work as well. Whenever I tune into the Alternative Channel on Music Choice, I just haven't enjoyed the selection as much as I did the first 3 or 4 years I lived here.

JimJamBonds
08-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Its Raining Men ~ The Weather Girls, this was playing as I walked into a grocery store for work today. To the best of what I could tell it was not raining men.

JediTricks
08-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Bird of Prey Decloaks, James Horner, Star Trek III soundtrack.

JimJamBonds
08-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Stop Messin' Around ~ The mighty 'smith (played in honor of 2-1b)

JediTricks
08-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Phantom of the Opera, Iron Maiden

JimJamBonds
08-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Limelight ~ Rush

JimJamBonds
08-12-2010, 02:58 PM
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's, his hear was perfect.

Werewolves Of London ~ Warren Zevon.

jjreason
08-14-2010, 09:46 AM
2 albums in heavy rotation right now, Phoenix's Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix & the newest Tokyo Police Club album. I love approximately 1/2 of the first, and the second one has gown on me, though it's not quite as awesome as their last disc.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-14-2010, 11:22 AM
The only song I know of from the Space Jam soundtrack: "I Believe I Can Pretend to be Conducting an Orchestra" by R.Kelly.

JimJamBonds
08-14-2010, 06:00 PM
The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald ~ Gordon Lightfoot

Bel-Cam Jos
08-15-2010, 04:59 PM
En Vogue's "My Lovin' (Never Gonna Get it)." Always love songs with parentheses. :D They were hot, and sang quite well. Haven't seen any of them lately to change that to "still are" however.

JediTricks
08-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Steal Away (The Night), Ozzy Osbourne. How timely, my song also has a title with parentheses. Good job, Windows Media Player 11's shuffle!

JimJamBonds
08-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Kyrie ~ Mr. Mister

Ando
08-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Kyrie ~ Mr. Mister

WOW. Haven't heard that song in YEARS.

JediTricks
08-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Go into the Water, Dethklok

JimJamBonds
08-16-2010, 11:02 PM
WOW. Haven't heard that song in YEARS.

Then fire up Youtube and listen to it! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-20-2010, 01:31 AM
The Four Horsemen, Metallica. Pretty kickass song, Mustaine's writing seems to be all the maturity on this album's sound.

Speaking of Metallica, I was listening to Death Magnetic on my headphones the other day, and I'm almost sure I could hear Hetfield using an autotuner. I think it was Unforgiven III. It wouldn't be surprising really considering how wrecked Hetfield's voice got, but boy would it be a sellout move.

El Chuxter
08-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Death Magnetic barely redeemed them after St. Anger. Barely. The songs from St. Anger are okay taken by themselves, but it's a huge chore to listen to the album.

On the one hand, it wouldn't surprise me to know Hetfield used an autotuner (I haven't noticed, but will check it out). On the other hand, wasn't this album produced by Rick Rubin? That's not been his style for a while... but, then again, he did start out with hip hop, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise on that front, either.

JimJamBonds
08-20-2010, 12:51 PM
The Four Horsemen, Metallica. Pretty kickass song, Mustaine's writing seems to be all the maturity on this album's sound.

Don't you mean Mechanix? :D

Speaking of Metallica, I was listening to Death Magnetic on my headphones the other day, and I'm almost sure I could hear Hetfield using an autotuner. I think it was Unforgiven III. It wouldn't be surprising really considering how wrecked Hetfield's voice got, but boy would it be a sellout move.

I've listened to The Unforgiven III maybe three times, its one of the few Metallica songs I truly truly don't like and I pass on it when it comes up (the same goes for The Unforgiven II, but the OG Unforgiven I like).

Death Magnetic barely redeemed them after St. Anger. Barely.

Wha? Really? What didn't you like? What kind of album would you have rather seen them make?

On the other hand, wasn't this album produced by Rick Rubin? That's not been his style for a while... but, then again, he did start out with hip hop, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise on that front, either.

Yes Rubin produced DM.

El Chuxter
08-20-2010, 12:56 PM
It was good, but they required greatness to fully redeem St. Anger. It was just not as good as any of their pre-Anger studio albums.

But they still have time. :D

JediTricks
08-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Holy Diver, Dio

Death Magnetic barely redeemed them after St. Anger. Barely. The songs from St. Anger are okay taken by themselves, but it's a huge chore to listen to the album.

On the one hand, it wouldn't surprise me to know Hetfield used an autotuner (I haven't noticed, but will check it out). On the other hand, wasn't this album produced by Rick Rubin? That's not been his style for a while... but, then again, he did start out with hip hop, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise on that front, either.It was produced by Rubin, but Rubin isn't only a hip-hop producer, and I've never heard he was a cheat. His production style is usually straight-up. And he's produced Slayer, RHCP, Danzig, System of a Down's best album, and Rage Against the Machine's worst album.

I've listened to The Unforgiven III maybe three times, its one of the few Metallica songs I truly truly don't like and I pass on it when it comes up (the same goes for The Unforgiven II, but the OG Unforgiven I like). I don't care for Unforgiven II, but 3 ain't so bad, it's an adequate part of the album. Or, it was until I started noticing it's got autotuner on it, which I can't stand. James Hetfield's role is not spelled "T-PAIN"

It was good, but they required greatness to fully redeem St. Anger. It was just not as good as any of their pre-Anger studio albums.

But they still have time. :DTime is, as far as we know, not cyclical, so they don't really have time to become what they were.

El Chuxter
08-20-2010, 03:32 PM
I know Rubin is far more than hip hop; my point was that's where he started, and autotuned messes are, unfortunately, where the zombie genre known as hip hop has gone.

I hear the name Rubin, and the first thing I think of is a dude with an almost supernatural ability to seek out washed-up but madly talented musicians, strip them down to the bare core of what makes their songs great, and give them the most chart success they've had in their careers. Like what he did for Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond.

Blue2th
08-20-2010, 05:51 PM

Almost everybody's using those things these days. I'm almost getting where I like to hear out of tune voices.

21 Guns (is it?) by Green Day had the unmistakable perfect pitch correction and artificial sound enhancement of an autotuner when I listened closely to it the other day. They sold out a while ago though.

JediTricks
08-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Screaming for Vengeance, Judas Priest

I know Rubin is far more than hip hop; my point was that's where he started, and autotuned messes are, unfortunately, where the zombie genre known as hip hop has gone.

I hear the name Rubin, and the first thing I think of is a dude with an almost supernatural ability to seek out washed-up but madly talented musicians, strip them down to the bare core of what makes their songs great, and give them the most chart success they've had in their careers. Like what he did for Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond.Rick Rubin has been known to be opposed to the use of the autotuner for some time, and he's called out hip-hop and pop music for its use.

Almost everybody's using those things these days. I'm almost getting where I like to hear out of tune voices.

21 Guns (is it?) by Green Day had the unmistakable perfect pitch correction and artificial sound enhancement of an autotuner when I listened closely to it the other day. They sold out a while ago though.Yeah, I hate the autotuner, I hate overly-polished and -produced music in general, but lead vocals should sound like lead vocals, not some synth crap... nobody would allow a Clapton song with the guitar made on a PC.

I haven't been listening to Green Day in a while, but that bums me out to hear they're possibly using it.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Almost everybody's using those things these days. I'm almost getting where I like to hear out of tune voices.Here you go. No auto-tuner on this - Sleater-Kinney - "End of You" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS8JVUdaK6I)

JimJamBonds
08-21-2010, 05:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUkksIV8dC8

Bel-Cam Jos
08-21-2010, 10:59 PM
"[Saturday] night, it [wasn't] late..."
"Reminicing" by LRB (Little River Band). "I said to myself..."

Bel-Cam Jos
08-22-2010, 10:39 AM
I did this last night, but since it's now Sunday morning, less so:

"We Close Our Eyes" Go West.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Bought Broken Wings: The Best of Mr. Mister, thinking there were more songs I'd like that I hadn't heard in a long time/ever. I haven't been totally wrong, but many are just so-so. Currently, it's on track 11 "Control." And no dancing in a warehouse in tight clothes.

JimJamBonds
08-31-2010, 07:31 AM
The hum of a fan and the hum of my computer/monitor.

Blue2th
08-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Bought Broken Wings: The Best of Mr. Mister, thinking there were more songs I'd like that I hadn't heard in a long time/ever. I haven't been totally wrong, but many are just so-so. Currently, it's on track 11 "Control." And no dancing in a warehouse in tight clothes.

That's missing a few good tunes off Welcome to the real world

Don't Slow Down
Tangent Tears
Into My Own Hands

Some of their songs were kinda sappy but they had a good band for the time, and a really good keyboardist. Saw them open for Tina Turner back in the day. Was impressed with their ability to recreate all of their songs live without missing any studio parts. Unlike a lot of over produced bands. After the above mentioned album they kinda fizzled with "so-so" mediocrity IMO.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-05-2010, 10:57 PM
"Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves" by the Queen of Soul and Mrs. Eurythmics.

JediTricks
09-06-2010, 04:45 PM
The hum of a fan and the hum of my computer/monitor.
I always think about posting that when I come to this thread without music playing (except my monitor doesn't hum).

I'm listening to Countdown, John Coltrane, from the album Giant Steps.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Smashing Pumpkins - Gish

Mad Slanted Powers
09-06-2010, 08:14 PM
And now, three songs in honor of Labor Day:

Elvis Costello - "Welcome to the Working Week"
Merle Haggard - "Workin' Man Blues"
Rush - "Working Man"

JimJamBonds
09-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Space Truckin' ~ Deep Purple

DarkArtist
09-08-2010, 02:03 PM
David Lee Roth and Van Halen performing JUMP !!!

1984 is perhaps one of the best Van Halen albums of all time.:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
09-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Continuing the "hauling mode" started earlier with Space Truckin'.... Trucking by The Greatful Dead.

El Chuxter
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Next up is Weird Al's "Truck Driving Song," I trust?

com chien bo luc lac (http://wanderingchopsticks.blogspot.com/2007/08/bo-luc-lac-vietnamese-shaking-beef.html)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2010, 08:03 PM
I started to read your "recipe" backwards, before I remembered what it was, Chuxter. Calculob neih c moc?

Had a coupon to Best Buy and got the CD collection of Rocky songs. That was one movie song "franchise" that held up well throughout the sequels (minus "It's a Fight" by OSCARtm WINNING ARTISTS :confused: Three 6 Mafia).

Ando
09-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Hold Muzak "Here Comes The Sun".

JediTricks
09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Heartbreaker, Zep.

JimJamBonds
09-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Do You Wanna Touch Me ~ Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

JediTricks
09-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Imperial Starfleet Deployed/City in the Clouds, ESB SE soundtrack

Bel-Cam Jos
09-24-2010, 11:00 PM
":whip: It" by DEVO.

JediTricks
09-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Fight Fire with Fire, Metallica. I'd say this tune is one of their greatest despite not fitting the "Metallica formula". But it hits hard and fast and is intentionally downbeat, and it's about global destruction from nuclear war.

JimJamBonds
09-24-2010, 11:46 PM
"Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain... do books on tape count?

Bel-Cam Jos
09-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey, some of us have mentioned "the hum of the dryer," so as Willie Scott sang: "Yi wang si-i wa ye kan dao Xin li bian yao la jing bao jin tian zhi Dao."

Or, "Anything goes." :D

mtriv73
10-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Stephen lynch: a little bit special.

JediTricks
10-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Get Up Offa That Thing, JB

Bel-Cam Jos
10-07-2010, 08:02 PM
I am too lazy to change the station or adjust the tuner to get rid of the regular buzz on my AM sports station. Meh.

JediTricks
10-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Strength Beyond Strength, Pantera.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-13-2010, 10:37 AM
In my cube listening to some Gorillaz, gettin' geared up for their show tonight in Detroit! Very excited!

JediTricks
10-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Through The Never, Metallica

JimJamBonds
10-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Bleed It Out ~ Lincoln Park

Bel-Cam Jos
10-13-2010, 09:29 PM
"No Son of Mine," Genesis. A sad song. :sad: Waiting for more peppy ones on their Greatest Hits.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Just heard a clip on Facebook of a new song (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=445115559565&ref=mf) by The Cars. Sounds pretty good, and this time it is the whole group (minus Ben Orr, RIP), and not the New Cars with Todd Rundgren.

mtriv73
10-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Die antwoord: Enter the Ninja

Very...intriguing music.

JimJamBonds
10-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Ride of The Vallkery ~ Richard Wagner

bdrob
10-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Well I'm currently listening to Rascal Flatts - Still Feels Good Album on my i pod. At the moment plying on still feels good song

JimJamBonds
10-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Gypsy Road ~ Cinderella

mtriv73
10-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Mumford and Sons: Little Lion Man

DarkArtist
10-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Bobby Darin : Beyond the Sea.. one of my all time favorite classics.....:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
10-21-2010, 01:22 PM
I Used To Love Her ~ GNR

JediTricks
10-21-2010, 04:28 PM
One, Metallica. For the first time ever, I fast forwarded to the good part.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Dang! I wanted to get post #1138 in this thread as a Star Wars song. Oh well... it's "General Grievous" from the Corellian Edition CD right now.

JimJamBonds
10-21-2010, 11:24 PM
One, Metallica. For the first time ever, I fast forwarded to the good part.

The "good part"??? The whole song rocks! (but I presume you mean when things get fast and crazy towards the end)

Mad Slanted Powers
10-22-2010, 12:16 AM
The did sequels to "The Unforgiven." They should have done a sequel to "One" and called it "Two".

JediTricks
10-22-2010, 05:38 AM
The "good part"??? The whole song rocks! (but I presume you mean when things get fast and crazy towards the end)
See? Like you didn't know what I was talking about.

The Keeper of the Grail, John Williams, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, from my Indy movie playlist. No Nuked Fridges allowed.

JimJamBonds
10-22-2010, 04:04 PM
The did sequels to "The Unforgiven." They should have done a sequel to "One" and called it "Two".

And "Three" as well. :p

JediTricks
10-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Open The Gates, Star Trek V soundtrack

Bel-Cam Jos
11-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Yesterday, just before my dad called, I got three classes of grading finished to the sounds of all three Prequel soundtracks (but my CD changer somehow swapped ROTS and AOTC, so I knew "Anakin's Dark Deeds" before "Love Pledge and The Arena" ... total spoiler :p ).

JimJamBonds
11-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Last Caress ~ Metallica (acoustic from the the 1997 'Don't Call Us We'll Call You' KSJO Christmas Show)

JediTricks
11-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Move, Miles Davis. Now it's 'Round Midnight, Coltrane.

mtriv73
11-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Just finished listening to MGMT and put in Freshmen by Verve Pipe.

JEDIpartner
11-17-2010, 03:23 PM
"Salvation" by The Cranberries.

JimJamBonds
11-17-2010, 03:38 PM
... and put in Freshmen by Verve Pipe.
Wow I haven't heard that song in a long long time!

As for myself. Shoebox by the Barenaked Ladies.

JEDIpartner
11-18-2010, 11:18 AM
P!NK's Greatest Hits...So Far!!!

El Chuxter
11-18-2010, 12:16 PM
They still omitted "Feel Good Time" from that. What a ripoff.

JEDIpartner
11-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah... they did. They always leave stuff off of hits compilations. It's so rare to find one that is truly complete.

El Chuxter
11-18-2010, 01:13 PM
I was hoping it would be included here so it might be downloaded without getting the whole stupid Charlie's Angels 2 soundtrack. Someone somewhere doesn't want anyone to have that song, and it's quite good.

JEDIpartner
11-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Now I'm listening to Lady Antebellum sounding like The Alan Parsons Project in a mash up of "Need You Now" and "Eye in the Sky". :D

Bel-Cam Jos
11-18-2010, 07:58 PM
My neighbor is blasting his stereo through his open front living room windows. The "playlist" included Nickelback, :( Sublime, :mad: Bob Marley. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Is it wrong to enjoy the piped-in music in the grocery store? Yesterday there was a pretty cool "playlist" running while I was there. So today, inspired by one such song I heard then, I broke out my Best of Mr. Mister; now it's on track 2 "Kyrie."

JimJamBonds
11-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Is it wrong to enjoy the piped-in music in the grocery store? Yesterday there was a pretty cool "playlist" running while I was there. So today, inspired by one such song I heard then, I broke out my Best of Mr. Mister; now it's on track 2 "Kyrie."

Can't go wrong with Mr. Mister Mr B-CJ. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
12-12-2010, 10:27 AM
I got the Limited Edition CD of the Airplane! soundtrack. If I listen to it (as I did yesterday), I will NEVER get any work done! I'll remember which scene that was and chuckle too much.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-12-2010, 03:01 PM
I was listening to "Just What I Needed" by The Cars a lot lately. We had karaoke at the company Christmas party Friday night, and I did that song. Totally out of character for me.

Blue2th
12-12-2010, 04:39 PM
I was listening to "Just What I Needed" by The Cars a lot lately. We had karaoke at the company Christmas party Friday night, and I did that song. Totally out of character for me.

The Cars are fun and cool. Most people don't know they had their first hits in the 70's and they're not your typical New Wave 80's band but rather were one of the bands at the start of New Wave scene in the US before it really took off.

Recently we got a keyboardist and my band started doing "Bye bye love" "I like the night life" "She's a lot like you" we plan on doing a couple more too along with a whole New Wave set we're already doing. The Cars songs always pack the dance floor.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-12-2010, 05:44 PM
The Cars are fun and cool. Most people don't know they had their first hits in the 70's and they're not your typical New Wave 80's band but rather were one of the bands at the start of New Wave scene in the US before it really took off.

Recently we got a keyboardist and my band started doing "Bye bye love" "I like the night life" "She's a lot like you" we plan on doing a couple more too along with a whole New Wave set we're already doing. The Cars songs always pack the dance floor.

By "I like the night life", I think you mean "Let's Go", and "She's a lot like you" is "Dangerous Type". The Cars were my favorite band for a long time. Those first two albums are still among my favorites.

I think I posted a link to a clip from a new song they posted on Facebook. They posted another one recently that also sounds pretty good.

Sad Song (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=473649429565&oid=189146859928&comments)

The beginning sounds a bit like "My Best Friend's Girl", including some clapping.

I would have considered doing "Bye Bye Love" if it had been available on the karaoke.

Blue2th
12-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Dang it, the chorus is not necessarily the song title (the Cars did that a lot) my singer writes them down differently, my vinyl has long since disappeared, a lot of excuses why I can't get the song title right. At least you know what songs I'm talking about.

I had those first two albums on vinyl. Their albums are just too good to just buy just greatest hits.

Too bad Benjamin Orr is gone now, and Tod Rundgren is in the "New Cars" band?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Dang it, the chorus is not necessarily the song title (the Cars did that a lot) my singer writes them down differently, my vinyl has long since disappeared, a lot of excuses why I can't get the song title right. At least you know what songs I'm talking about.

I had those first two albums on vinyl. Their albums are just too good to just buy just greatest hits.

Too bad Benjamin Orr is gone now, and Tod Rundgren is in the "New Cars" band?Well, the song title was in the chorus, just at the end of it. "I like the night life baby, she says...let's go." "She's a lot like you, the dangerous type."

Rundgren was in the New Cars, but these new clips are the original band minus Ben. Greg Hawkes is playing bass I guess. Witness his instrumental skill on "I'm In Touch With Your World (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmGkuiC9hM4)".

Oh, and you're not the only one to get the title wrong on "Let's Go." I was searching for the song "Nightspots" on Youtube and came across one called "Nightlife", which was "Let's Go".

JediTricks
12-15-2010, 05:56 AM
Flying High Again, Ozzy Osbourne. Part of my 3.7 hour Ozzy playlist.

Tycho
12-16-2010, 04:56 AM
Porn Star Dancing!

Dude! I must have played this video close to 20 times tonight.

Yes, the video's PG-13 rated or whatever, for YouTube general audiences, however, the song REALLY gets stuck in your head and it rocks - totally my kind of music.

(Yeah - I liked Warrant's "Cherry Pie" and Aerosmith's "Ragdoll" back in the day. Nickelback's "Animals," now.)

Songs like Porn Star are fun! :thumbsup:

Blue2th
12-16-2010, 03:40 PM
By "I like the night life", I think you mean "Let's Go", and "She's a lot like you" is "Dangerous Type". The Cars were my favorite band for a long time. Those first two albums are still among my favorites.

I think I posted a link to a clip from a new song they posted on Facebook. They posted another one recently that also sounds pretty good.

Sad Song (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=473649429565&oid=189146859928&comments)

The beginning sounds a bit like "My Best Friend's Girl", including some clapping.

I would have considered doing "Bye Bye Love" if it had been available on the karaoke.
Yeah that does start out like "Best Friend's Girl" but quickly developes into something different. Sort of New Wavish but also Alternative sounding too. Is that Rick or Tod singing? I like it.

Well, the song title was in the chorus, just at the end of it. "I like the night life baby, she says...let's go." "She's a lot like you, the dangerous type."

Rundgren was in the New Cars, but these new clips are the original band minus Ben. Greg Hawkes is playing bass I guess. Witness his instrumental skill on "I'm In Touch With Your World (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmGkuiC9hM4)".

Oh, and you're not the only one to get the title wrong on "Let's Go." I was searching for the song "Nightspots" on Youtube and came across one called "Nightlife", which was "Let's Go".
Man Greg Hawks is one busy guy. lol It's kinda funny. He also had to tweak the knobs on those old un-programmable synthesizers by hand, as the technology was in it's infancy then. I'm guessing with modern programming skills I'm sure he's evolved into doing these days he can program all the keys parts and even the percussion instruments he's playing in that old video. He could then play the bass without distraction. Unless they have a fill in guy back on the keys? Tough shoes to fill either way.
So who's singing Ben's parts then these days, Rick?

btw: I love that old Vox Bass Benjamin Orr is playing. Impossible to get at a reasonable price these days unlike the 70's the pawn shops were probably full of them.

JimJamBonds
12-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Warren Zevon - Werewolves Of London

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah that does start out like "Best Friend's Girl" but quickly developes into something different. Sort of New Wavish but also Alternative sounding too. Is that Rick or Tod singing? I like it.

Man Greg Hawks is one busy guy. lol It's kinda funny. He also had to tweak the knobs on those old un-programmable synthesizers by hand, as the technology was in it's infancy then. I'm guessing with modern programming skills I'm sure he's evolved into doing these days he can program all the keys parts and even the percussion instruments he's playing in that old video. He could then play the bass without distraction. Unless they have a fill in guy back on the keys? Tough shoes to fill either way.
So who's singing Ben's parts then these days, Rick?

btw: I love that old Vox Bass Benjamin Orr is playing. Impossible to get at a reasonable price these days unlike the 70's the pawn shops were probably full of them.Ric is singing on both of the clips. That is the only new stuff I have heard. Rundgren is not part of this. It is just the original band members minus Ben.

Another interesting thing I found while looking around was an early version of "Bye Bye Love" by a precursor to The Cars, Cap'n Swing. I think this had Ric, Ben and Elliot Easton. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG98jRi6H-M Ric appears to be singing on this version rather than Ben. Song has a different vibe to it than The Cars version. There are other Cap'n Swing song on there, but I've not listened yet. I also see that someone posted the album by Milkwood, which was a more folk sounding group with Ric and Ben. Greg played on the album as well.

JimJamBonds
12-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Black Betty ~ Ram Jam

JediTricks
12-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Baby It's Cold Outside, Leon Redbone & Zooey Deschanel. Pandora xmas station pulled this up, it's surprisingly good, I didn't realize she was a musician as well as an actress.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Baby It's Cold Outside, Leon Redbone & Zooey Deschanel. Pandora xmas station pulled this up, it's surprisingly good, I didn't realize she was a musician as well as an actress.

Yes, She & Him (http://www.sheandhim.com/) have put out a couple albums. I've not really listened to it much as it didn't seem quite my thing, but I think it was well received. Also, she married Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie.

JimJamBonds
12-20-2010, 11:29 PM

She sang in Yes Man.

sebillba
12-21-2010, 01:48 AM
She also sang the same song in Elf (in the shower), I watched it just the other day.

JediTricks
12-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Ok, didn't realize so many of you were up on Zooey Deschanel's singing career.

Sleep Now in the Fire, Rage Against the Machine

JediTricks
01-01-2011, 04:30 PM
First tune of the new year:

Hit the Lights, Metallica

I couldn't think of a more awesome song to start with.

JimJamBonds
01-04-2011, 07:30 PM
You Never Call Me By My Name ~ David Allen Coe

Bel-Cam Jos
01-15-2011, 12:28 PM
I didn't know "Buffalo Stance" by Neneh Cherry had a musical instrument list intro. :sucka: Can we get a back-n-tha-day buffalo stance emoticon? :pleased:

JimJamBonds
01-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Damage Inc. ~ Metallica. An awesome song to end 60 minutes on the dreadmill...err I mean treadmill.

JediTricks
02-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Um, where's my post? I just wrote a post about the albums I've been buying lately.

Working in a Coal Mine, Devo.

JimJamBonds
02-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Commentary from the live stream of the 2011 USA Cross Country Championship race in San Diego.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Recently went a little up on the music channels, and found the Silver Screen one of all movie songs (apparently only instrumentals). Right now it's "Time After Time" from Julie & Julia by Alexandre Desplat. Calm, relaxing, nice. :pleased:
And now just moved onto the "Theme From Lawrence of Arabia."

JediTricks
02-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Communication Breakdown, Led Zeppelin.

JediTricks
02-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Twice this thread has eaten my posts

Bel-Cam Jos
02-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Choose less-tasty tunes next time, JT. :D

Right now: a song from Black Swan the film, but I've heard it before as a standard classical song (although as I listen, I hear "extra" sounds in it)... "Stumbled Beginnings" by Clint Mansell.

JimJamBonds
02-07-2011, 11:16 PM
A Mighty Wind, from the soundtrack to the album (and film) of the same name.

JediTricks
02-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Choose less-tasty tunes next time, JT. :DOi vey. :rolleyes:

You've Got Another Thing Comin', Judas Priest.

bigbarada
02-09-2011, 09:28 AM
I bought The Pogues' album, "If I Should Fall From Grace With God", yesterday off of iTunes and I probably listened to it nonstop for about 6 hours last night at work. In fact, I'm listening to it again right now.:thumbsup:

I've also been listening to "Impurity" from New Model Army and "Perverse" from Jesus Jones. Both highly underrated and overlooked albums from the early 1990s. In fact, I had to track them down on CD because Amazon and iTunes doesn't have those two albums in MP3 format.

JimJamBonds
02-09-2011, 10:38 AM
You've Got Another Thing Comin', Judas Priest.
Is that the song you've been listening to or is that comment directed towards B-CJ?

Bel-Cam Jos
02-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I just asked myself the same question! So, in honor of that...

Superman soundtrack, track #8, "The Flying Sequence & Can You Read My Mind." :D

JimJamBonds
02-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Suicide and Redemption ~ Metallica

JediTricks
02-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Is that the song you've been listening to or is that comment directed towards B-CJ?Just a song.

At the moment, merely the hum of my PC tower fans.

JimJamBonds
02-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Times like these ~ Foo Fighters

Blue2th
02-20-2011, 12:27 PM
90's Power Pop - Alternative former member of The Jellyfish and The Grays, Jason Falkner, pays homage to the great R Stevie Moore's "Play Myself Some Music"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wb3fNFpi50 :cry:

You can tell who influenced many bands and musicians including Falkner, and Ariel Pink.
R Stevie Moore has been producing low tech songs from his home and making videos since the 70's. They are all on Youtube now.

JimJamBonds
02-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Let's Get This Party Started ~ Pink

scruffziller
02-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Holy Smokes. I bough Hammerfall's 10 Years of Glory some months ago.

Listening to lots of traditional Death Metal.

Dying Fetus is a favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Jjy3Zy7kk

Bel-Cam Jos
02-27-2011, 10:32 AM
The part of the song "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol where they actually say the title in it (and there's snow on the mountains here in SoCal, too). And now it's just fading out...

Bel-Cam Jos
03-11-2011, 04:17 PM
The Essential Elmer Bernstein Film Music Collection CD, which is currently on track #8, "Ghostbusters." I did not realize just how many films he scored over the years, and the scope of film genres, too.

JimJamBonds
03-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Wicked ~ Ice Cube

JimJamBonds
03-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Bleed it out ~ Lincoln Park

JimJamBonds
03-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Gettin' Jiggy With It ~ Phish

JimJamBonds
04-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Regulate ~ Warren G

El Chuxter
04-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Regulate ~ Warren G
Just because Nate Dogg has hit the East Side of the Big LBC in the Sky doesn't mean you can steal his credit for that masterpiece. :mad: :p

JimJamBonds
04-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Just because Nate Dogg has hit the East Side of the Big LBC in the Sky doesn't mean you can steal his credit for that masterpiece. :mad: :p
Well it is a G funk era funked out with a gangsta twist.

JediTricks
04-10-2011, 01:09 AM
The Wanton Song, Led Zeppelin, Physical Graffiti.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Yesterday while grading, these CDs at various times:
- Shout: The Very Best of Tears for Fears (decided to use "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" in a Julius Caesar lesson next week)
- The Essential Elmer Bernstein

JimJamBonds
04-11-2011, 07:34 PM
So What! ~ Metallica

JediTricks
04-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Endgame, Megadeth (the titular track specifically, but I'm listening to the whole album)

El Chuxter
04-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Bad Reputation, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts. Currently on track 5, "Too Bad on Your Birthday."

I'm so glad that my daughter has developed an affinity for her, Michael Jackson, Alison Krauss, Sarah McLachlan, Johnny Cash, and other talented musicians before ever hearing a note of fluffballs like Miley Lohan-Bieber. I've been told I'm depriving her, but I fail to see how--she gets to listen to music she likes, and I don't want to bash my head in when she is. (Except when it's Elmo.)

JimJamBonds
04-13-2011, 09:20 AM
99 Luftballons ~ Nenna

JediTricks
04-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Message from a Black Man, The Temptations... and it's changing to... O-H-I-O, The Ohio Players.

99 Luftballons ~ NennaSo funny that song has stuck in the public consciousness for so long.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-14-2011, 07:26 PM
So funny that song has stuck in the public consciousness for so long.Any time you lyricize "Captain Kirk" in German, it'll be guden forever!

JimJamBonds
04-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Any time you lyricize "Captain Kirk" in German, it'll be guden forever!I should have added that it was the German version I was listening to. I always laugh because out of nowhere you hear Kirk!

Bel-Cam Jos
04-15-2011, 09:50 PM
And one of those trivia bits that many seem to know, the English version tanked on the charts.

Listening to "Peek-A-Boo" by Siouxsie & the Banshees. Which is not a good song to groove to while driving, if you want your neck to feel okay or not ruin your brakes, BTW.

JimJamBonds
04-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Fox On The Run ~ Sweet

sebillba
04-16-2011, 04:24 AM
And one of those trivia bits that many seem to know, the English version tanked on the charts.

Not in the UK - it was a #1 here.

JediTricks
04-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Mongoloid, Devo. I changed it to Peek-a-Boo, Devo, just for Bel-Cam. :D

JimJamBonds
04-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Mongoloid, Devo. I changed it to Peek-a-Boo, Devo, just for Bel-Cam. :DAnd with this as my 'inspiration.' Whip It ~ Devo

JimJamBonds
04-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Sundown ~ Gordon Lightfoot

JediTricks
04-26-2011, 02:02 PM
The Battle of Hoth, ESB:SE soundtrack

Bel-Cam Jos
05-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Decided to rock out to some heavy rock 'n roll: "We Built This City," Starship. \m/ :yes: \m/

JediTricks
05-07-2011, 03:28 PM
"heavy rock 'n roll" has been redefined? ;)

Burning Down the House, Talking Heads, Sand in the Vaseline (a best of album, which I'm listening to the entirety of while I move furniture and hurt myself in the process)

Bel-Cam Jos
05-07-2011, 06:03 PM
"heavy rock 'n roll" has been redefined? ;)When 97 years old you become, rock as hard, you will not, hmm? :p :tongueincheek:

JEDIpartner
05-13-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm listening to the album Adult Contemporary by Casey Spooner of Fischerspooner fame.

JimJamBonds
05-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Fight fire with fire ~ Metallica

JEDIpartner
05-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Pat Benatar - All Fired Up: The Very Best of Pat Benatar.

...and the weird UK version of "We Live For Love" that came out in 1984.

El Chuxter
05-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Funny, I was listening to that yesterday. Trying to find something to wean my daughter off her Joan Jett addiction.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-16-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm listening to the album Adult Contemporary by Casey Spooner of Fischerspooner fame.I bought a Fischerspooner song from iTunes, "Never Win." Haven't really listened to them other than that, though.

Pat Benatar - All Fired Up: The Very Best of Pat Benatar.

...and the weird UK version of "We Live For Love" that came out in 1984.I have the first two albums. My brother had them when they were new and I listened to them a lot back then. I like the debut, In the Heat of the Night, the best.

JimJamBonds
05-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Burning Down the House, Talking Heads, Sand in the Vaseline (a best of album, which I'm listening to the entirety of while I move furniture and hurt myself in the process)
Lift with your legs not with your back!

School's Out ~ Alice Cooper

Slicker
05-19-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm listening to this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz2cZx118P0) One of my favorite Deano songs with some great drinker jokes. I'm as straight as the next guy but he has quite possibly the sexiest voice ever.

sith_killer_99
05-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Supertramp!

Breakfast in America
Give a Little Bit
Goodbye Stranger
The Logical Song
Take the Long Way Home

El Chuxter
05-20-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm as straight as the next guy but he has quite possibly the sexiest voice ever.
Yeah, if the next guy is named Andy and is only 21% gay.

BUUUUURRRRRRRRRRNNNNNN!!!! Got u goode, but whole!

:p

JimJamBonds
05-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Straight out of Compton ~ NWA

Bel-Cam Jos
05-27-2011, 11:33 PM
While cleaning and boxing up things in my classroom to end the school year yesterday and today, I use CDs (which work better at this than hundreds of songs on an MP3 playing device) to gauge how long I've been there, and whether I should leave for the day; when the last disc I've brought ends, it's time to depart. Which did I bring, and actually listen to?
Brought (* = heard entire disc, + = heard part of it)...
- SW, ANH:SE
- Pat Benatar Greatest Hits
- Smashing Pumpkins Greatest Hits +
- Best of Depeche Mode *
- Essential Hall and Oates * (just disc 1)
- Best of Run DMC *
- Stan Getz Greatest Hits *
- SW,Corellian Edition *
- Best of Mr. Mister *
- Plunkett & Macleane soundtrack *
- WALL-E soundtrack *

JEDIpartner
06-01-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm as straight as the next guy...

You're lucky I didn't post immediately after you. LOL!!!!

Supertramp!

Breakfast in America
Give a Little Bit
Goodbye Stranger
The Logical Song
Take the Long Way Home

Awesome... :)

Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite [Bonus Tracks Version]

Bel-Cam Jos
06-01-2011, 11:38 AM
After seeing the newest Pirates of the C. (get it? :D ) flick this weekend, I picked up the soundtrack (with a coupon! ), and my favorite track has been "Palm Tree Escape." The remix tracks are interesting; disappointed that the "End Credits" track is only about 2:00 in length, unlike the full roll of credits time.

JimJamBonds
06-01-2011, 03:11 PM
The Rising ~ Bruce Springsteen And The E Street Band. Yesterday while I was running this song popped into my head, not sure how or why, so when I got home I made sure to listen to it.

JEDIpartner
06-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Ricky Nelson - Greatest Hits

JimJamBonds
06-07-2011, 06:51 PM
No Remorse ~ Metallica, can't go wrong with 'tallica from the Cliff Burton years.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-18-2011, 10:43 AM
On the 70s station: "Theme to The Jeffersons."

JimJamBonds
06-18-2011, 05:22 PM
The Marriage of Figaro ~ W.A. Mozart., yup the part from Shawshank!

JediTricks
06-21-2011, 03:45 PM
No Remorse ~ Metallica, can't go wrong with 'tallica from the Cliff Burton years.I was listening to Rock n Roll Singer, AC/DC, but now I'm putting that on. I keep forgetting how quiet that CD was mixed compared to the others, I had to turn it up.

JimJamBonds
06-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Straight Outa Compton ~ NWA

Bel-Cam Jos
06-21-2011, 06:37 PM
"TMZ" from Weird Al's new CD Alpocalypse, a parody of Taylor Swift's "You Belong to Me."

JediTricks
06-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Master of Puppets, Metallica. Just kept going in shuffle from No Remorse.

JimJamBonds
06-21-2011, 10:05 PM
"TMZ" from Weird Al's new CD Alpocalypse, a parody of Taylor Swift's "You Belong to Me."I'm listening to it on Youtube now, interesting. Al's voice sounds funny...maybe low?

Bel-Cam Jos
06-22-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm listening to it on Youtube now, interesting. Al's voice sounds funny...maybe low?Well, he is trying to fit the style of a thin, female teeny-bopper type singer... or not?

JimJamBonds
06-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Well, he is trying to fit the style of a thin, female teeny-bopper type singer... or not?True.

All Nightmare Now ~ Metallica

JediTricks
06-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Harry Hippie, Bobby Womack. Pandora was on a bad disco tear on my Funk station for the last hour, then it finally got it together.
All Nightmare Now ~ MetallicaUh, not All Nightmare Long? ;)

JimJamBonds
06-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Uh, not All Nightmare Long? ;)Ummm.....ahhhh....early version of the song? ::):