PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Action Figures

Darth Cruel
02-17-2003, 08:42 AM
Now THIS is some exciting news. I can't wait to see these figures.

Sir Steve has a great write-up on the upcoming line and it sounds like a real winner. This news is generating more excitement for me than anything since the garbage started to be released around EI. My hope is renewed and now the ball is in Hasbro's court. It is almost as exciting to see if they will ruin the figures with the gimmicks or get them on the right track right away with good articulation and sculpts as it is just to know that there will be more subject matter for figures to be made from.

I am on the edge of my seat.

Kidhuman
02-20-2003, 08:33 AM
I too am excited about this. Some of the vehicles look really great. The figures look awesome too. At first I had reservatios about Yoda but the more I look at it the more I like it. This could be a big step for collectors. I wonder who the new bounty hunter will be? I love speeder bikes so that is always a plus. We will just have to wait and see, but anxiously.

Banthaholic
02-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Awesome a new section!! Me like! Now Clone War fans can dicsuss an EU line without hearing every other comment knocking it!

187-Maul
02-20-2003, 09:24 AM
I don't really like the yoda (now don't bash me) but I'm really interested in seeing who this new bounty hunter will be, as I don't read the comics or anything I have no idea what cool bounty hunters there are
hopefully the other jedis will look cool, I'm still waiting for a cool Mace Windu, and I'm really interested on how the pilot Anakin will look like, hopefully he'll wear a cool pilot uniform (not just a headset) and not his regular jedi outfit (since we already have way too many figs of that)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-20-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
I don't really like the yoda Ah, (gets out bashing stick) (now don't bash me)
OOOOOOOOoooh, man!! (puts away bashing stick) :crazed:

I'm really giddy about this line too. I adored SOTE and loved all the figures, books and games it entailed, i just hope that the Clone Wars being such a huge part of the SW Saga/Universe is given as much love and respect by collectors as well as Hasbro and whomever helps tell us the story. Cheers!! :D

Jargo
02-20-2003, 10:46 AM
The bounty hunter is Gendi the Mandalorian warrior i thought reading some of the earlier reports and stuff. Thought he came with a swoop bike. I have to admit i haven't yet read steves report but i just wanted to get a post in the new section. :)

I'm really liking the looks of the figures so far, i love yoda and I love the 3-packs, the vehicles all seem really cool apart from the gunship which IMO looks fine in the red color scheme, it just needed some gun bubbles adding on to make it the baddest mofo ship ever. Well, next to the shuttle ;) but i like the green starfighter much to my surprise. I'm cautious about the suped up starfighter for anakin but I'll hold off on comments until i've seen it. The hailfire droid looks bad as in good really bad, the first shot we saw of the proto hardcopy made it look like the wheels were going to be at ninety degrees to the body but no they're accurately at 33 degrees or so, looks mega cool *he said being totally unhip* :D The packaging is the best looking packaging ever, its got a really striking appeal in the cleanliness of the images and the colors are stunning. Using the black to simply highlight is a lovely touch. I really didn't think much of the previous EU offerings but as a lot of the stuff that's coming for the clone wars line seems to be actual movie based stuff it works well. The addition of a few EU figures mixed in seems okay. If they're all as conservatively EU as Yoda then i think the whole lot will work exeptionally well with everything else we have. The best way to go EU IMO is logical extension rather than random made up stuff like a lot of the usual EU stuff seems to be.

SNAYSON
02-20-2003, 11:25 AM
EU! AWESOME!
LET THE CLONE WARS BEGIN!

JangoFart
02-20-2003, 12:05 PM
I'm very excited about this line! The cards look great (of course, I liked that one that popped up a few weeks ago that resembles the Clone cards.)

I'm not overly enthusiastic about the "I'm coming for you, Murdock" Yoda; but I'll buy it nonetheless. I like the new boxes, as well. Even though I have a Gunship and an EP1 Tank, I'll buy these too because I really dig the boxes.

I was thinking that the un-named bounty hunter with a speeder might be the Aurra Sing we saw some time ago and have heard nothing about since. But, I'll go with Jargo's evaluation over mine; as he typically is more accurate than I.

I really dug the SOTE series and the two-packs were great - although those MONSTER cards were a bit over the top. I hope they dedicate more resourses to this line than the SOTE got b/c it seemed that Hasbro dropped it like a hot potato once they discovered it wasn't the earth-shattering event they thought it to be.

J

187-Maul
02-20-2003, 01:18 PM
has anyone ever tried how the negative of the saga cards looks like? it looks pretty cool IMO, sorat has a geonosis feeling to it
here's an example in case you don't know what I mean, I just thought it was interesting when I accidently did it

El Chuxter
02-20-2003, 02:07 PM
I rather like the funky mutant Clonetrooper you just posted, 187-Maul. I can't wait for that one to come out! :crazed:

The True Maul
02-20-2003, 03:00 PM
I also can't wait for this line, I hope It's good.:D

187-Maul
02-20-2003, 03:46 PM
alright, here's a better picture of what I meant, but it was made quickly so it's not that well done
I somehow really like the color, looks sorta like a sunrise on geonosis or something like that:)

Darth Trymybestus
02-20-2003, 05:41 PM
does anyone have a link to Steves Report about the Clone Wars line? thankyou :)

Jargo
02-20-2003, 07:57 PM
I actually like how the negative of the speeder bike matches the green starfighter. Hasbro might want to think about that too. Green speeder bikes might look kinda cool, or black ones, squadron colors speeder bikes. The clonetrooper looks good in negative too, or should i say the little movie still looks good but the actual figure still looks like crap. But a dark grey/black clonetrooper would be awesome. Maybe the pilots in black as a segue to the Imperial pilots or something.

The only report I could find was the Hasbro press release report link to on the front page. Did Steve actually do a commentary or deliver something further to that?

Hellboy
02-20-2003, 08:04 PM
Looks cool 187-Maul.
If the final cards look like that I will be very happy. Then again I'd be happy with anything that wasn't red or green at this point.
I'm getting excited about this line the more I think about it. I just hope it lasts longer than previous EU lines have so we have a chance at getting some of the cooler vehicles from the Clone Wars. :cool:

Darth Cruel
02-20-2003, 11:02 PM
Darth Trymybestus (Man! That is a funny name!)- Here ya go!

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=35&show_article=1

Hope this works...it is my first attempt at posting a link.

Chiesa
02-22-2003, 01:24 AM
I must say that the cards look really good!

Jargo
02-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by JangoFart
I was thinking that the un-named bounty hunter with a speeder might be the Aurra Sing we saw some time ago and have heard nothing about since. But, I'll go with Jargo's evaluation over mine; as he typically is more accurate than I.

Okay, reading the interview with Genndy Tartakovsky, he mentioned that the bounty hunter was called DURGE and rode a speeder bike and used a lance . Kind of like a medieval knight. So maybe they changed the name or maybe they'll change it again but at least he'll come with a swoop. Gendi or Durge or both? Gendi Durge? More news as it breaks..... :crazed: Expect Durge to possibly have a pull apart feature as his character can put himself back together is sliced apart by a saber. Apparently he and Obi-Yawn have a big ding dong battle.

There's also the possiblity that we'll get the new ARC clonetrooper with the shoulder pauldron and beefed up armor. The one from the front of that Dark horse comic with the blue skirt thing and the suped up hardware.
We're also getting a clone commander on speeder bike as well which could be interesting. maybe he'll also have the lance and do battle with Durge?

LTBasker
02-22-2003, 08:45 AM
That looks like the Lars Speederbike.. Which is kinda interesting, cause I was checking out pics of the Ani with Speederbike not long ago wondering what a Mandalorian would look like on it because the bike is kinda interesting looking by itself.

Hope it looks good in toy form, and is gimmickless. :D

evenflow
02-22-2003, 09:31 AM
I can't stand th new Yoda figure. I hope that the rest of the line is not that bad. Sadly, from what we seen it all does look that bad.

Jargo
02-22-2003, 09:52 PM
Y'know i'm totally dumb. There was a rumor list a few weeks back that listed this bounty hunter as Gendi, Mandalorian warrior. I just never made a connection before tonight that Gendi is Genndy. As in Genndy Tartakovsky the creator of the toons. Maybe he'll use his own name but i doubt it. whoever leaked the info on the rumor list possibly heard a snippet of conversation with genndy's name involved and assumed it was the character's name.

God how thick can a person be. :rolleyes: In my defense it's been a stressful week and my mother had to have her dog put to sleep today so i'm a little distracted. Can't believe I didn't see that connection before tonight though. Dumb dumb dumb.

Kidhuman
02-22-2003, 11:02 PM
It is possible EJ. He might use his own name. I would just to be a part of SW history. Anyways sorry to hear about the dog.

Jargo
02-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Thanks, he was old, blind and had cancer. Best and kindest thing to do was say "goodnight Blackie" and let the vet send him to the happy dog hunting ground in the sky.

Anyway, I suppose that genndy might be arrogant enough to name the character after himself, he does come across as pretty cocky. I guess I might consider doing the same if I was the creator although i think I'd be a little bit more creative than just mispelling my name.... :D oooooh, bite me! :crazed:

OC47150
02-23-2003, 02:33 PM
I have high hopes and expectations for this line, but I hope it's not too cheesy. The new Yoda looks like Commando Yoda!

SuperBattleDroid88
02-23-2003, 03:07 PM
I myself like the new Yoda from the clone wars line...
I like different things such as this and deffinately will be picking up Yoda and the whole clone wars line! :)

Prince Xizor
02-23-2003, 03:25 PM
I have not been this excited for something new from Hasbro in a long time. I am very much looking forward to seeing all the new toys in the line. Good Job Hasbro.......finally.

chrisc
02-24-2003, 03:08 PM
hi could some one post a link so I can see the previews of these new figures everyone's drooling over.Thanks.

P.S. If you want to sell or trade a clone trooper with a speeder bike (for a resonable price) please pm me. I need one really bad!:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jargo
02-24-2003, 04:19 PM
http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=105

Just click on the pics on the right hand side to see them much larger. So far this is all we have to go on. :)

chrisc
02-24-2003, 06:20 PM
:D Thanks EJ you rock!!!

Val Da Car
02-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=105

Just click on the pics on the right hand side to see them much larger. So far this is all we have to go on. :)

EJ,

I feel ready dumb about buying the bootleg Clone troopers back a few months ago....the new troopers around Yoda are THE BOMB DIGGTY BOMB......

thanks for the link EJ.

SNAYSON
02-27-2003, 11:39 AM
i hope a few (not one or two, but a good number of new characters) new EU figures come out from the Clone Wars line.

Does anyone know how many new characters not seen in the movies that will be making a first appearance in the Clone Wars?

JEDIpartner
03-02-2003, 12:38 PM
I think this line ROCKS! I love the possibility of being able to create new adventures or scenarios that haven't already been laid out for us. The new Yoda is great and the Clone Trooper 3-pack is amazing! I'm sure the articulation will be a lot less than we would hope for, but at least there will be more variants for us to play/work with. I'm really sad that I missed the SOTE line when it was out. The thing is, it looks as though these figues will have more "accurate" scale and detailing in comparison to the SOTE line.

I can't wait!!!!

aceguide
03-07-2003, 02:21 PM
It all looks good to me. More figs, new vehicles. Bring it on.

OzOtter
03-13-2003, 04:32 PM
I like the idea of all these miscellaneous jedi; the Rodian, the Twilek and the human. It is mostly jedi that I buy from the saga line, seeing as I prefer the OT stuff. I'd like to see some senators come out of this as well, although I doubt the politics of the story would translate well to a cartoon, so it seems unlikely.

Beast
03-13-2003, 04:42 PM
Only real stinker of the line so far in my eyes is Durge. The rest are looking very good. The Obi-Wan is great, I love the extra cargo pockets on his pants and tunic and the belt/bandolier that comes with him. The ARC CloneTrooper looks better then I could have imagined. I'm glad they didn't bulk him up, like the covers for the comics show them. The Jedi 3-pack is great. I know a certain forum member that's drooling over the Rodian Jedi. Can't wait to see the other figures, which will be shown at cons later this year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dr_evazan22
03-13-2003, 08:00 PM
Overall, I was very pleased and excited by what was shown as well. I can't wait to find this stuff at retail! Particularly looking forward to the 3 packs.

From the photo's it looks like Hasbro did a great job on the sculpts overall. I even liked the bases that came w/ the fig's.

Going :crazed: for the Hailfire Droid!

Banthaholic
03-13-2003, 08:21 PM
I'm in total agreement with you JEDIPartner. The Clone Wars is going to be an awesoem phenomenon.
Sure SOTE was cool, although it took place between ES & ROTJ, it came out 10 + years too late. Here we're getting the story chronologically, and that my friends RULES!

The Jedi three pack will be mighty nice in the arena. Actually all 3 of the 3 packs are sure things.

Beast
03-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Here's the Jedi 3-Pack from StarWars.com. This loose shot is better then what was shown at Hasbro's press event as we get a look at the human Jedi's cloak. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Obehave Kenobi
03-13-2003, 08:32 PM
Man, it's been a while since I posted! Anyhoo, I like most of what I see. I only wish the 3 packs were more posable, or at least, neutrally posed. 3 packs are a great idea, though. Plus, not an action feature to be seen in the bunch. This is a good thing, as my dislike of those is what drove me away from buying the figures in the first place.

Beast
03-13-2003, 08:59 PM
3 figures for $9.99, somthing had to sacrified to bring the price point down so that it was possible. So Hasbro dropped a point or two of articulation, but they still have some. They are supposed to be combat posed figures. And the Jedi Set looks marvelous. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
03-13-2003, 09:09 PM
ok... why does that He-Man wannabe Jedi get a cloak straight away... but yet it took, what 5/6 Anakin Skywalkers before we got a cloak, what's up with that? :zzz: :frus:

jpak001
03-13-2003, 09:17 PM
I think most of the CW figs shown so far look awesome. I'd have to say I'm looking forward to these way more than I did for most of the Saga line so far. Cant wait to get those Jedi! :D

My question is, are we ever going to see any more different astromech droids (aside from the Star Tours R5) ? I love those little suckers!:

Beast
03-13-2003, 09:29 PM
Pretty much count on it. Hasbro knows how much the droid fans want more droids. And with 15 years left on the license, and plenty of charecters that need redone and have never been done before. I'm pretty sure you'll see more Astromechs at some point. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
03-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Those Jedi do look sweet. Gotta have it and the price is right

Tycho
03-14-2003, 12:38 AM
I'm loving the new stuff too!

Doesn't the human and Twi'lek Jedi slightly remind you of Cay Qel Droma and Tott Doneeta from the Sith Wars?

Emperors_Hand_2211
03-14-2003, 02:44 AM
I'm both pleased and slightly disappointed. Pleased that there are no action features (visible anyways). Pleased that most of the figures look good but..... disappointed somewhat that Hasbro are going their own way.
The impression I got from reading interviews is that each group is telling the clone wars story their own way, Hasbro with toys, DH with comics, and then the cartoon, with little crossover between them. Personally I would rather see some Jedi I recognise from EU (quinlan, tholme, dark woman etc.) than three random jedi. It surely wouldn't be any harder for Hasbro to do this. Still in the end three random Jedi is better than no Jedi at all.

Beast
03-14-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Emperors_Hand_2211
I'm both pleased and slightly disappointed. Pleased that there are no action features (visible anyways). Pleased that most of the figures look good but..... disappointed somewhat that Hasbro are going their own way.
The impression I got from reading interviews is that each group is telling the clone wars story their own way, Hasbro with toys, DH with comics, and then the cartoon, with little crossover between them. Personally I would rather see some Jedi I recognise from EU (quinlan, tholme, dark woman etc.) than three random jedi. It surely wouldn't be any harder for Hasbro to do this. Still in the end three random Jedi is better than no Jedi at all.
There are no action features at all. Luke: Throne Room, Darth: Throne Room, and the SnowTrooper were the last 2003 figures with action features. Hasbro isn't really going their own way. Durge is appearing in the comics and cartoon. And so is the "Sith Witch". She's already made her appearance in the Mace Windu Clone Wars comic. And Durge will show up in the upcoming issue of the Clone Wars main series. :)

They will all be bringing somthing differnt to the table, but they will all feature the core cast of charecters with a few new ones thrown into the mix. The Hasbro figures arn't sculpted like the cartoon, because at one point the cartoon wasn't for sure going to happen. But the games, novels, and comics were always planned. :)

It's gonna run similar to how "Shadows of the Empire" did. There will be some deviation, but it will stay pretty intertwined. The Clone Wars comics just started, I would say picking them up and seeing what you think for yourself. The Mace Windu issue, with the first apperance of the "Sith Witch" is out now. As is Star Wars #50, the first issue dealing direct with the clone wars. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Emperors_Hand_2211
03-14-2003, 04:24 AM
I have, and do, pick up the comics each week, hence my post.
I know there is some cross over around the core characters it just seemed a shame to me that Hasbro should release a three pack of random generic Jedi when there are so many intersting, familiar, Jedi already in existence.
I guess I'd just prefer to see DH's creations imortalised in plastic than "Rodian Jedi".
Still it's early days, and at least our early fears of "night vision obi wan" and "deep see dooku" appear to have been unfounded.

jpak001
03-14-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
Doesn't the human and Twi'lek Jedi slightly remind you of Cay Qel Droma and Tott Doneeta from the Sith Wars?

Y'know, I was thinking the same thing about the Twilek Jedi. Didn't make the connection with the human/Cay though. Now that you mention it, it would be pretty cool to make a Cay custom out of him (later version w/robotic arm).

I sure wish they would make those TOTJ figs, Nomi Sunrider, Oss Willum, the list would go on and on....

Oh yeah, Emperors_hand: I'm sure they'll make a Quinlan someday given his popularity (at least I hope so!) :D

Prince Xizor
03-14-2003, 12:18 PM
This Clone Wars line RULES!!

I am loving all these E.U. characters, the beefed up Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Clone Trooper. I know Durge looks nothing like a Star Wars character, but something differant is always welcome here.

Hopefully I can find that Clonetrooper and Droid 3-pack in great numbers, cause I am getting like 5 of each. And that Jedi 3-pack is nice, especially that Rodian Jedi.

Finally Hasbro is impressing me.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
03-14-2003, 09:12 PM
Cool, a generic human jedi...:cool:

bigbarada
03-16-2003, 11:25 PM
I said it would have to take something really big to bring back my interest in the Star Wars line and this whole Clone Wars thing was just what the doctor ordered. This time period in the films is turning into my favorite era of Star Wars. That Clonetrooper 3-pack is absolutely amazing! That's something I have wanted done with Stormtroopers since I was a little kid. And since Clonetrooper can kick Stormtroopers' butts, this is even better! On top of that we get 3 random Jedi, a Jedi Council 3-pack, Poggle, Wat Tambor, the awesome looking Hailfire Droid and a cool new cartoon.

So is this all for real or am I dreaming right now?:stupid:

jedi master sal
04-01-2003, 01:54 PM
Anyone else plan on customizing the commander clone? I'm going to buy quite a few sets of these bad boys and specifically customize the commander to Lt. and Sergeants. (Blue and Green) This way I keep building an armade of white clones with other officer colors to complement them. I already have 20 or so of the Preview clones and about 10 of the red (Capt) ones. This 3 pack is going to do wonders for my army building!

I think they (Hasbro) have dropped the ball though when it comes to the seperatists droids. One each of: Super Battle Droid, Battle Droid (Red) and Droideka). We don't need no stinking droidekas! Even the Super Battle droid is a stretch. I'd have rather seen three RED BD's or two version of the three pack with 1) being 2 red BD's and 1 Super BD and 2) being 2 red BD's and a geonosian warrior. Now that's ARMY building.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-01-2003, 10:41 PM
Are these going to be carded or in boxed bags or what's the deal...i also hope the distribution is good for this line..i had trouble finding SOTE st uff for a while, so i might just order the stuff from KEBco.

I do like Anakins starfighter though and as for the other starfighter, i'll pass on that repaint. As for the rest of the line, i'm hella giddy! :D

RooJay
04-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Emperors_Hand_2211
Still it's early days, and at least our early fears of "night vision obi wan" and "deep see dooku" appear to have been unfounded.

That's exactly it. It's still early, and I'd be willing to bet that if this line sells as well as it should that we will eventually get some of DH's more well known Jedi. I even imagine that those characters would probably warrant being packaged on their own cards rather than being lumped randomly into a multi-pack. It's just my opinion that multi-packs are probably better served consisting of more generic characters. Don't worry.;)

Patient Zero
04-23-2003, 10:50 AM
I don't remember seeing a picture for this figure at the forums, but I got the new Toyfare in the mail last night and there was a picture of a blue clone trooper in a skirt. No seriously!

Ignore this if was already stated as I am too lazy to search for it.

Val Da Car
04-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Wasn't the Blue Clone trooper in a comic book with Anakin defending Kamino from an attack?

I gotta find the picture.

HARDY
04-23-2003, 07:12 PM
does anyone have any pics of these new clone troopers as i havent seen them yet??

HARDY
04-23-2003, 07:13 PM
oh and when are all these babies gonna be released..i bet the only we are gonna get them is through on line stores too!!!!

Patient Zero
04-23-2003, 07:53 PM
Alright so I am looking at a picture of the blue trooper (ARC TROOPER) right now and his markings are a pale sky blue, has a shoulder pad and a darker blue ?butt flap? like the snow trooper. It does not really say anything about it; just the picture.

The Geonosian Fighter is interesting as it has a Geonosian with mask in the cockpit, but i can't tell if it is an actual figure or just the head and shoulders.

Everything else I remember seeing here.

RooJay
04-23-2003, 08:01 PM
Plenty of pics of each of these items in Sir Steves coverage of the Hasbro Collectors event.;)

Here's that link:

SirSteve's Guide Hasbro Collector's Event coverage (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showgallery.php?cat=639)

HARDY
04-24-2003, 06:06 AM
cheers roo jay!!