PDA

View Full Version : Toyfair Marvel Legends Pics!!!!!!!!!!!

The Overlord Returns
02-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Ooookkkkkaaaaayyyyyyyy...........

So, Figures.com has the pics up, and these things look GREAT!!!!!

Punisher: Fantastic. Gritty, and tres cool. Loyts a guns, and a great base.

Elektra: looks to have some dynamic articulation, and I imagine we are seeing what's in store for future females. A winner all around!

Beast: He appears to be a little small, but the sculpt is fantastic. The face might be a little too snarly, but that is a small complaint.

Gambit: I have no interest in remy, but anyone who does should be very pleased. Great sculpt all around, and a nice cloth coat.

New Daredevil: a Vast improvement, finally, a good medium sized body type for the ML line...expect to see this with any future cyclops release.

Silver Surfer: a thing of beauty. The figure is NOT a spidey alien costume repaint, it uses the same body as the new daredevil (or, to be correct, the new daredevil uses the SS body). He's got a great Silver age facial sculpt, and loads of articulation. Another score for ML!

Goliath: The reason to buy this figure is for the wasp and ant man minis, who even have their own articulation. Goliath is a repaint of the giant man from the Avengers boxed set, so the costume is not 100% accurate for goliath. However, it's still a nice little fig.

Ok, now for the surprise. They are releasing an x men legends boxed set which includes Wolverine, Magneto, Gambit, Beast and,........rogue. Nice idea, and a lovely little surprise in the form of another female figure. However, IF this is the only way to get rogue, they are making a mistake by asking customers to buy 2 releases they already have. I hope this is not the case.....

On the whole, these things are fantastic, and I cannot wait to see the rest of the ML 5 wave......

BTW...the Kraven from the spidey line also looks great......

evenflow
02-17-2003, 01:14 PM
Very cool, thanks for the info.

jblodgett
02-17-2003, 03:23 PM
Where did you see these?

The Overlord Returns
02-17-2003, 03:25 PM
www.figures.com

however, the traffic has virtually stopped the site from moving....

Adam
02-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Those box sets are nice and all, but I don't think they come with bases, which is a must for me. So unless they release that Rogue on a card, I won't be able to get her. :(

You can also find pics at ADC: http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=2003ToyFair%2FMarvel%2FMarvelLegends

Prince Xizor
02-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Holy Crap

I can't believe how awesome most of those are. Gambit is just so good, as is Punisher, and Silver Surfer.

The new Daredevil is leaps and bounds ahead of the first one.

I hope to see that X-Men Legends box sometime soon, as I don't have any of the figures in it.

Boy has the last couple of days been great...

QLD
02-17-2003, 04:13 PM
Awesome!

But who is the guy in the bottom let corner of thispicture?

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=2003ToyFair%2FMarvel%2FMarvelLegends&pic=100_0623.jpg&dispsize=500&start=9

The Overlord Returns
02-17-2003, 04:14 PM
That is Morbius the living vampire, he's a part of the new Spiderman classics waves...as is the sweet retooled daredevil shown on the right hand.....

jpak001
02-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Right on! Can't wait to get 'em! Seeing these pics just re-affirms my belief that Marvel Legends is the best figure series out there!! I see that a few of 'em have that new torso articulation ToyBiz is doing (like on the newer Spider Sense Spider-Man). This is great to see! These all look like they're gonna be awesome to me (except Goliath)!

My only dissapointments are the Goliath fig, and the box sets.

The Goliath is just lame IMO, & wasn't necessary at all. They really should have given us a villian in his place...

As for the box sets, now we'll have to buy duplicate figures just to get the repaint Elektra & exclusive Punisher & Rouge (I will definitely get these too....). My only hope is that the X-Men one is released before series 4 so I don't end up with duplicate Beast & Gambit figs (at least I can customize A wolvie).

I'll be getting the Daredevil, Morbius, Kraven, Green Goblin & Manga Spider-Man from the web heads series too!

Really looking foward to seeing these in the stores!

jjreason
02-18-2003, 04:03 AM
Y'know, it absolutely super that they got the Surfer SO right. What else rocks? It looks like they're going to include a copy of the HARDEST Silver Surfer book to get - the "rare" #4! It was rife with distribution problems as it was, throw in an appearance by everyone's favourite Asgardian, there weren't any to be found. Check ebay, but my money is betting that #4's are going for more than #1's. I have a reprint already, it's a great book.

Marvel Legends can do no wrong in terms of the figures they make. Now it's time to crank the villains up a notch. My vote is for an entire wave of villains. Oh, and Black Panther :cool: .

12inch Lando
02-18-2003, 03:32 PM
Where else do you put Henry Pym aka Goliath/Ant Man/founding member of the Avengers if not in the Marvel Legends line? Not necessary indeed. It's not like you're getting DAMAGE CONTROL figures or anything! Bonus points for anyone who remembers that one.

jpak001
02-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Heh, I remember Damage Control. Didn't read it, but I remember seeing on the shelves.... Looked pretty lame to me.

It's not that I don't think they should make a Henry Pym. I agree with you that he is a Legend in the Marvel universe. The reasons I don't like this figure have nothing to do with this character:

1) A repaint of a lame figure just thrown in with our Marvel Legends. Do a Pym, but do it right (Goliath should be much bigger than that too IMO).

2) With a whole wave of heroes, I think they should've left this repaint out and given us a villian instead. I mean really, almost the whole series is good guys so far.......

This reminds me of the Toad figure (which was just a left-over from a cancelled two pack), I honestly think they should've given us a different villain in that wave. Both figures are nowhere near the quality level of the rest of the Marvel Legends. I'll end up buying one (I know no one's forcing me to) just to complete the set, but it will probably sit back in the shadows of my display case (along with Toad)......

Just my opinion :D

jjreason
02-19-2003, 03:05 AM
Hank Pym's first appearance predates Amazing Fantasy 15, and all other genuine Silver Age Marvel books save the first few issues of FF. He is a Marvel Legend. Whether or not I'll be shelling out for the figure remains to be seen. I do love the minis that come with him though. Love em.

Edit: Oh, and speaking of Damage Control - who do you think was there to speculate on clean up when that other Galactus fell to earth in last year's FF Annual? :D Hilarious. Im going to bid on a run of this book as soon as I can find one. Was that from the Jim Shooter era or what??????