PDA

View Full Version : Toyfest!!!

187-Maul
02-17-2003, 12:22 PM
at least somebody here has to be interested in a line shown at toyfest, so leave your comments here:)
lines shown were:
-Spawn Reborn
-Spawn Mutations
-Movie Maniacs 6
-Matrix Series 1
-Terminator 3
-Monsters 2/ Twisted land of Oz
and a lot more so check out http://www.spawn.com/toyfest/ for pics

my favorite line is The Matrix Series 1, Neo, Trinity and Morpheus just look EXACTLY like in the movie, and the poses are fantastic
the Arnord likeness in the Terminator line is dead-on, and the pose and sculpt are so cool too
hurray for Mcfarlane:D

The Overlord Returns
02-17-2003, 12:30 PM
I can't wait to see the uproar over that Twisted Oz Dorothy figure......it's already being lambasted on other boards for it's Offensiveness......

tell ya one thing....that's not a look judy garland ever could have pulled off.. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-17-2003, 12:31 PM
187- You are the man for posting these!!! I'm so giddy about the T3 and Matrix line!!! ahhhhhh!!! Gracias!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-17-2003, 12:39 PM
k, lemme rephrase that: i'm giddy about the T3, matrix and Twisted Oz line. Wow, just wow. i'm so creeped out, yet amazed. :crazed:

187-Maul
02-17-2003, 01:26 PM
TOR, check out the spawn.com forums, Dorothy seems to be the the fig almost EVERYBODY wants, although I'm not one of them, don't really like her
but the Spawn series 23 Spawn, Simmons and Angel look so awesome, can't wait to get my hands on these
I will be so broke when these are all out, especially the Deluxe Boxed Alien Queen Set, she'll be 11 inches high and 22 inches long (head to tip of tail) in case you don't know yet
and the Lion from the Monsters 2 line is so awesome too, also one of my favorites so far, but nothing can beat Neo and Terminator with coffin!

The Overlord Returns
02-17-2003, 01:43 PM
Well, that sort of makes sense, most spawn fans are undersexed, ofverly horny nerds (note I said MOST). I was talking more about general public reaction. I'm already in an argument on the figures boards over this thing....and there is quite a bit of backlash over at RTM....

I refuse to buy any McFarlane product, so I wouldn't buy this anyway.....however...it is a nice sculpt..

187-Maul
02-17-2003, 02:08 PM
but if you compare this fig to the tortures souls lines and a lot of anime stuff I don't really see what is more offensive on this fig than on the others, and besides that, if you don't like then don't buy it, but leave the chance to get it for the ones who do like it

AmanaMatt
02-17-2003, 02:10 PM
The Matrix statues aka 'figures' look amazing; articulation or not, they capture the feel of the first movie (at least), so more the same kind of 'wall twirling' for the others, I guess. That line has me more pumped up than any other. The terminator line looks good, and that Dorothy - that is apparently going to be a Tower exclusive? Aint seeing that at Toys R' Us!

The Overlord Returns
02-17-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
but if you compare this fig to the tortures souls lines and a lot of anime stuff I don't really see what is more offensive on this fig than on the others, and besides that, if you don't like then don't buy it, but leave the chance to get it for the ones who do like it

Oh, I agree with you...I have no problem with the figure (other than it being a mcfarlane product, thus part of my boycott), I just imagine that quite a few people will make a huge fuss over it........

Beast
02-17-2003, 02:26 PM
Hmm, some pretty nice stuff. I will of course pick up the Alien and Predator themed movie maniacs. The queen is fantastic. The Terminator 3 stuff looks cool, but I was hoping that they would do the original Terminator droid. :cool:

The Matrix stuff looks great, though I don't care for the first movie all that much. The Oz stuff is pretty twisted, but the Lion is bad arse. Dorthy and the others really don't intrest me at all. I'll proabably atleast pick up the lion. Other then that, nothing else intrests me at all.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
02-17-2003, 02:29 PM
oh k, I thought you had something against the fig, my mistake:)
but why do you refuse to buy Mcfarlane figs?

The Overlord Returns
02-17-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
but why do you refuse to buy Mcfarlane figs?

Because of the MiracleMan fiasco between MacFarlane and Neil Gaiman. I find McFarlane has handled the situation dirty, and underhandedly. The character should be Neils......

Prince Xizor
02-17-2003, 03:06 PM
I will be getting those Matrix toys, and a couple of the Arnold ones.

And maybe if I can find them, I might pick up some of those Oz figures, those are crazy.

James Boba Fettfield
02-17-2003, 06:20 PM
From the man who brought me the greatest band in plastic, and now he's continuing the greatness by doing all of these lines. Everything I looked at there was just superb. I may actually have to buy toys outside of the Star Wars line........And I may actually have to open them because they just scream open us, play with us, display us for your friends. I'm already dreaming about the possibilities.

And did anyone notice that call Arnold's character the T-850? That's very interesting to me, very interesting.

Beast
02-17-2003, 06:33 PM
Probably due to the fact, he looks far to old to be the same model as the T-800 from the first and second movie. Since it's been established that most T-800's have pretty much the same boldies. But Arnold being older and quite a lot different looking then in 1992, they made him a more advanced model with a different basic look. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
02-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Does anybody have any idea when they are releasing the Matrix toys? I would assume it is close to the movie, or could be way before it (like Hulk). Any info?

mylow thehutt
02-17-2003, 10:24 PM
:eek: :eek: SWEET CREAM ON ICECREAM SANDWITCH that aint the OZ I rember.still pretty neat and creepy stuff the lion is sweet so is the tin man I wonder what the wicked witch of the west will look like :p JEEZ if mcfarlane can do this to the Wizard of OZ just think if they got the rights for POK'EMON!!!

187-Maul
02-18-2003, 12:38 PM
even of Mcfarlane got the rights for Pokemon, I don't think he would want to do something with it:p
BTW Xizor, I think they'll be released either in may or june, entertainment earth has them for preorder for june IIRC

Beast
02-18-2003, 01:30 PM
Anyone else find it funny, that most people hate preposed figures in the Star Wars line. But you guys are drooling over a Neo figure doing a frickin' hand stand. :crazed: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
02-18-2003, 01:38 PM
I think it would be an injustice to the Matrix series had Neo not been doing some crazy preposed stance. I can just see that Neo figure in my room on top of my DVD player, or doing his hand stand on the subwoofer.

187-Maul
02-18-2003, 03:01 PM
first of all, I love the preposed jedi, they look great in my Arena diorama
second, I use the other SW figs in my cantina diorama in which they have to be somewhat neutral, but the Mcfarlane figs are displayed on shelves where they can have the poses they like
and third, the matrix characters actually did those moves in the movie, so they are highly movie accurate:D

Prince Xizor
02-18-2003, 08:22 PM
I don't have a problem really with pre-posed figures, its the action features that give me the problem. When Mcfarlane starts putting some Matrix-Neo-Punching-Action on figures, then I will complain my head off.

evenflow
02-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Dorothy is awesome.

OzOtter
02-19-2003, 01:26 PM
My God!

This is what I like about McFarlane, just like he did with the Universal Monsters, he took a classic and made it exceptionally cool.

I love the Wizard of Oz stuff! I expect huge controversy over Dorothy and I applaud his boldness in making this figure. I am equally sure it will be very difficult to get my hands on.

I also intend to get the majority of the Aliens/Predator stuff, and hope that he intends to do more with the license. It would be great to have a good Ripley figure and a few of the more colourful marines.

I own precious few figures from McFarlane. This year alone will triple the amount of his stuff I have. Thanks for posting the link.