PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Anakin: Preview of things to come?

jblodgett
02-17-2003, 02:15 PM
While I know this runs the risk of being moved to another forum.....

Given the Clone Wars Anakin figure appears to be the exact same figure as the Anakin: Secret Ceremy, just in different packaging, does this mean that Anakin never actually gets a "hand" but rather keeps his metalicized replacement hand?

I.e. when we finally get to Episode III, is Anakin going to have a flesh hand (ala Luke) or is he going to keep the mechanical part.

Ok--- ship this over to the Episode III forum now.

DarthChuckMc
02-17-2003, 02:16 PM
The Clone Wars packaged Ani IS the secret ceremony...it's just in there for display purposes. Hasbro mentions it in the press release that the figures shown are only display pieces, not actaul product.

jblodgett
02-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Oh!! (Forgive my stupidity)

I.e. we're probably going to get an entirely new, entirely different Anakin for the Clone Wars line....

DarthChuckMc
02-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Somewhere it was mentioned that it would be a Starfighter Pilot Ani, not sure where I saw that, maybe in the press release too.

We know we are getting
Mace, Yoda, Kit Fisto, Ani, Obi, Clonetrooper, Bounty Hunter ???, and one more.

kdp100
02-17-2003, 02:26 PM
{The rest of you beat me to it so I've deleted this bit.}

As to the reason why Anakin gets a "skinless" robotic hand while Luke's is real-looking from the outset...
I doubt there's meant to be any great advance in medical technology in the SW universe in the 20-odd years that separate the two trilogies, so maybe Anakin just skips off with an unfinished prosthetic 'coz he's so keen to sneak off and marry Padme? Seems the hotheaded kind of thing he'd do.
He may go back and have a "proper" cybernetic arm fitted later - I suppose we'll have to wait a while to find out.

jblodgett
02-17-2003, 02:49 PM
Don't get me wrong, I LIKE the skinless look. I just think it's something that would be very difficult to do, from a director's standpoint. i.e. it would be tough to do a movie with someone having a robotic hand. The final scene of AOTC was easy- as the hand was only seen for maybe 2 seconds, and it wasn't doing anything. Having a robotic hand be attached to a human's body, AND by fighting in a lightsaber duel, would probably be a stretch even for Lucas.

Beast
02-17-2003, 02:54 PM
I don't know, look at prostetics in real life. A 20 year old cosmetic hand will look alot less realistic then a modern one. They may not have had fake flesh for the robotic hand in the prequel years. :)

As for it being hard for Lucas to give Anakin a robotic hand for fight scenes and such. It wouldn't be that hard. All Hayden would have to do is wear a blue glove. Then the robotic hand can be CGI'd over the original hand. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrossWizard
02-17-2003, 04:05 PM
Or just do like Luke and wear a pilot's glove at all times.

kdp100
02-17-2003, 06:02 PM
Yes, I think you're ALL right, but...

20 years in our time signifies quite a change in medical technology, but in the SW world we're talking about a civilization where intelligent droids, interstellar transports and so on have been around for millennia, in much the same forms (if you believe or accept the EU stuff), so this sort of change seems a bit unlikely;

I doubt a fake flesh hand would be much of a challenge in a world where reproductive cloning can take place without problems;

Lucas could surely film a character with a painted Bacofoil glove (or similar) in a few action-sequences without anything seeming amiss.

plasticfetish
02-17-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by kdp100
As to the reason why Anakin gets a "skinless" robotic hand while Luke's is real-looking from the outset...
I think it's just a question of visual impact. There was only a few moments to visually communicate the "idea" of Anakin having gotten a cyborg hand, (and to reference the idea of Anakin moving toward the physical being that we all know he will become) so it seemingly made best sense to choose a hand that looked very mechanical. (Plus it juxtaposed nicely with Padme's hand, showing us the obvious contrast.) I agree with the idea that he'll probably get a more realistic part later ... and then there will be yet another "good" reason for Hasbro to make even more Anakin figures.

Turbowars
02-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Well I just hope Lucas doesn't give hasbro a good reason to make more JarJar's, Oh wait there will never be a "GOOD" reason to make another JarJar. That's just my opinion, so don't get bent.

Beast
02-17-2003, 09:23 PM
It may be your opinion, but Jar Jar Binks does have a costume change in E2 that hasn't been done as a figure. His outfit with the fancy epelauts from Padme's apartment. The figure that was made, is his more obscure costume. Since it's from his Senate Address scene, and not his more recognizable outfit.

Which also points to the need for a resculpt of that, since the figure was posed in an action stance. That unlike the Jedi figures, is totally unnecissary. Posed that way, he doesn't fit at all with Palpy, Orn Free Taa, Lott Dod, or any of the other senators. Plus of course the fact, that when he's with Palpy and Orn in the movie, he's wearing his more familiar outfit. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
02-17-2003, 09:48 PM
That figure is appalling. What the hell kind of stanse IS that anyway? He may as well have come with an electric guitar. Horrible.

I figure they'll continue the "repacking" trend well into Clone Wars. It will be interesting to see if they release Saga cards and Clone Wars cards together, or will the Saga stop shipping once the white cards get going?

plasticfetish
02-17-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
He may as well have come with an electric guitar.

Just wait until after the Saturday morning Star Wars cartoon comes out. I picture it looking like the Brady Bunch or the Jackson 5 cartoon with frequent song breaks ... "Hey Jar Jar, how about a song?!?" (Insert your own hilarious Jar Jar reply here.)

Beast
02-17-2003, 10:55 PM
Thank the maker that that won't be true. I don't think another Droids or Ewok kind of cartoon would play now adays. More serious and to put it bluntly "adult" cartoons do better now then the silly stuff. Thankfully the latest rumor is that the cartoon will have a similar style to the Starship Troopers Animated Series. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedibear
02-19-2003, 01:10 AM
I'm hoping for that "apartment" version of Jar Jar too...in a nuetral pose.
Not to start a war here, but I'm anixiously awaiting what happens to him in EpIII.
But considering how important the role he plays in (unwittingly) starting the empire, I think we could go for another figure of him...

hango fett
02-22-2003, 07:40 PM
well, in the clone wars game for gamecube, the only diffrence between him and him before EII is that he now sports a black glove over his mechanical arm.
h