PDA

View Full Version : What's the hardest AOTC fig to find??

Uriarte69
02-17-2003, 03:58 PM
I was wondering if AOTC has a rare basic figure. Something similar to EP1's R2B1; TC14; Holo Darth Sidious; Armidala w/ Ascension. I'm not talking about error figs or bloody luke, just basic.
Thanks!!

Jerjerrod
02-17-2003, 04:04 PM
Nothing much in the Saga line is "rare". But due to popularity, Ephant Mon is pretty tough to find. As for the "variations", where figures like Imperial Officer (blonde), and Rebel Trooper (black hair), those might turn out to be more rare, but right now it's hard to say.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-17-2003, 04:06 PM
I'd have to say Ephant Mon.

Beast
02-17-2003, 04:10 PM
None of them really. The reasons those E1 figures are rare, is because they came out at the end of the E1 line. The Saga line hasn't ended yet, even though we're in a new year. Hard to find figures, probably just Ephant Mon from 2002. As for 2003, the Imperial Officer and RFT head variants are a bit tough to find so far. As is the Jedi Archives Droids. But those will keep shipping for sometime. And Ephant Mon will continue to ship for a while. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
02-17-2003, 05:07 PM
In inclined to agree. I think you'll start to see production numbers go down during this year and next, with another increase in the last movie year (05). About 2 years after 05, we may see very low numbers again.

Another "special" thing about that last wave of epI figures was the fact that so many retailers OVER ordered the first few waves of epI stuff. This cut orders significantly for the last waves as well. Fewer hit the pegs, fewer were made. I don't see this mistake being made again for ep's II and III - at least not to the same extent.

You wouldn't happen to have an extra R2-B1 for sale by any chance........:)

Prince Xizor
02-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Nothing was really that hard to find near me. I did have a little trouble finding Senator Palpatine for awhile, as well as Yoda, but they are easy to get now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-17-2003, 05:49 PM
Ephant Mon and Clone with Speeder Bike are the only Saga figures from 2002 to evade my grasp . . .

kdp100
02-17-2003, 06:09 PM
I go to the secondary market a lot to complete my collections so I haven't really missed anything, but the Clone Trooper (red stripe) & Endor Rebel Trooper (no beard) figures have been conspicuous by their absence on the shelves.

Uriarte69
02-17-2003, 06:18 PM
Thanks for all the info guys.

Turbowars
02-17-2003, 07:49 PM
Well other than Mon, I'd say Dex with insert.

Chiesa
02-17-2003, 07:59 PM
I would say Mon but that is due to it popularity and just how awesome it looks.

Banthaholic
02-17-2003, 10:42 PM
The one that's usually the hardest to get is the figure your currently searching for, a cheap answer, but true nontheless

Kidhuman
02-17-2003, 10:46 PM
I hate to be redundant but Ephant Mon. I haven't seen one yet in a store. The only reason I have one is a friend got me one and mailed it to me.

JangoFart
02-18-2003, 12:15 AM
If you are talking about which figure itself is hardest to find, I'm going to join Spartacus and say Ephant. If you are talking about variations of figures, I'd have to go with either Dexter w/ Pipe text and background, or Clone Trooper (red) with no dots on either figure or insert picture.

J

Adam
02-18-2003, 12:55 AM
Blast you Ephont Mon! You will be mine!!!

Old Fossil
02-18-2003, 01:19 PM
I've never seen the Deluxe Clone w/Bike at retail, and have only seen Ephant Mon and the Clone Pilot once each.

JangoFart
02-18-2003, 01:23 PM
I just picked up 4 Deluxe Clones, 1 Deluxe Geonosian and 1 Deluxe Flipping Anakin (ick) for $5.00 each at a local Wal-Mart :)

But, other than that, they were not warming any pegs 'round here.

J

carnifexold1eye
02-18-2003, 03:07 PM
All the new figs. Meaning all the 2003 ones.

Hellboy
02-18-2003, 05:57 PM
I'd have to say that nothing in this line could be called rare.
Everything can be found it just boils down to the figure's popularity and how hard you're willing to look for the item.

Uriarte69
02-18-2003, 06:41 PM
I've been reading that mon is "discontinued", does this mean they he will not ship in future shipments? Does anyone know how long ago he did start shipping?

12inch Lando
02-18-2003, 06:57 PM
Ephont Mon discontinued? Someone explain that one. Details?

Uriarte69
02-18-2003, 07:07 PM
I saw a few eBay items with discontinued in the title, I should know better than to get info from people listing things on eBay, but I was just curious.

DarthChuckMc
02-18-2003, 07:11 PM
I haven't found that any of the Saga figures have been hard to find. I guess maybe Ephant Mon, only because he mostly shipped to KB. If you just mean plain rare including variations, I would have to say Dexter Jettster and Geonosian Warrior with background cards.

As far as Ephant Mon being discontinued, he isn't in any upcoming case assortments, so that may qualify him as "discontinued", but there have been reports of him making a showing at Walmart and Target now that the X-mas stock is making it to the sales floor and out of the warehouses and storage trailers.

pegger
02-19-2003, 07:53 AM
"As far as Ephant Mon being discontinued, he isn't in any upcoming case assortments"

What!!! :eek:

Why make a Fan's Choice and limit him to 1 Assortment, which ,btw, was full of peg warmers...... :mad:

lousy...good for nothing..... :mad:

Glitch
02-19-2003, 11:11 AM
As far as figures that were available at one point, but are now hard to find, I have not seen a young Boba Fett for quite some time. He has been missing from the assortments for a while now.

SNAYSON
02-20-2003, 11:33 AM
Ephont Mon HAS BEEN ELUDING ME FOR QUITE SOMETIME. I REFUSE TO PAY SECONDARY PRICES FOR THES FIGURE!

carnifexold1eye
02-23-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Hellboy
I'd have to say that nothing in this line could be called rare.
Everything can be found it just boils down to the figure's popularity and how hard you're willing to look for the item.

I beg to differ on how hard someone is willing to look for them. I hit every store in my area every day, and most of the ones a little further out of the area and i have not seen any of the new figures with the exception of Darth Tyrannus GE and Obi Wan AB. I am pretty comfortable in saying that there arent many people who look more then i do and even then i havent found much.

jedibear
02-23-2003, 11:15 PM
Ephont Mon has been the most difficult. I did manage to snag one during the holidays, but I haven't seen him since.

I'm inclined to agree with those who expect him to turn up in a later assortment. As those who got the big guy can attest, he's HUGE for a regular figure on a regular cardback. But since he's a Fan Choice figure, I won't be surprised to see the big guy surface again later this year (or through the fan club or something)...

Turbowars
02-23-2003, 11:25 PM
Though this isn't a basic figure, I would say that the WM x-mas set is one of the hardest to get. I know a few guys that have been going to the local WM every morning for the last 2 years and never saw it.

Jerjerrod
02-24-2003, 02:17 AM
Speaking of WM, how is everybody in finding the Trash Compactors sets? Easy or Impossible?

Banthaholic
02-24-2003, 10:51 AM
2 Trash Compactor sets have been warming the shelves at my WM the past month. And I've seen them at numerous other Wal-marts. Although from past experience, some Wl-marts are awesome places to find stuff and some well...

Darth Detori
02-25-2003, 10:33 AM
ephant mon- I can neither confirm nor deny that this figure has ever been made :p