PDA

View Full Version : Saga cinema scene Luke Skywalker Medical Frigate Gown?

nova blue
02-18-2003, 04:30 PM
I thought I would gage everybody's opinion with another one of my "what if" ideas. Ok, here goes what if Hasbro did a cinema scene with Luke Medical frigate gown, Leia Medical Frigate gown and the 2-1B Medic droid.

This seems to be the only viable way of getting a Luke in medical frigate attire. The figure doesn't seem very toy worthy where children are concerned. Even with another decade or so of hasbro doing star wars i don't see them releasing this figure on a blister card. It might also be our only way of getting Leia in that outfit as well. These are the only two outfits of Leia and Luke that haven't been made. Luke could be reclined on a table (included of course) with articulation, so that he could stand. It would also be a great way of getting a new 2-1b Medic droid.

For people that bought the Luke Skywalker in Bacta Tank almost two years ago this would be a great way of getting 2-1B. Since some people never got a chance to get one to go along with the tank. He was suppose to be used with the computer console thing that came with the tank. However, the last time the figure was released, I think it was in the mid 90s and a lot of kids and collectors never got him. So what do you think? Would you buy this cinema scene

Beast
02-18-2003, 04:45 PM
This figure has been on my "Most Wanted" list for sometime. I even suggested this exact Screen Scene in one of my past posts. Not because of the Luke, as they could easily sell him on a blister card. But because of the Leia. :)

The Luke is a major costume change, and Luke's always sell. The great thing about this, is that the Luke doubles not only for the Medical Frigate scene, but also for the Hoth Medical scene. The clothes are virtually the same. So it could easily take care of two scenes in one. That's also why selling it carded is a better idea.

Interchangable hands on Luke would be the best idea. That way we have have the mechanical version, with an open panal and the structure around it, from the scene where 2-1B is poking it. As well as a regular basic hand. Plus they could include the bacta mask from the deleted Hoth Medical Center scene as well.

The reason why the Screen Scene is preferred though, is due to the Leia. It's basically just her ANH white gown with her Bespin hairdo. It's not likely to ever see somthing like that carded. Plus nothing wrong with a new 2-1B. Especially if they make his stomache light up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-18-2003, 05:47 PM
Oops, I made a mistake. I kept thinking that Leia had her hair still styled from Bespin when she's wearing her white gown at the end of the movie. I was mistaken. She infact has her hair up into a bun ontop of her head. So I guess it would require a new headsculpt as well. I'll try to locate a better picture. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
02-18-2003, 06:50 PM
I love this idea. I would definitely buy this one, as long as the sculpts were good of course. I love the idea of having luke reclining on the med table with a prosthetic arm that could have a panel that would open or something like that. And I also love Jar Jar's idea of having the 2-1B with light up stomach, cool stuff me thinks :)

Fulit
02-18-2003, 07:13 PM
It should include a background of the window of the frigate, with that nebula or whatever it is they're looking at at the end.

Jargo
02-18-2003, 07:53 PM
On a figure that small the arm panel would have to be open or closed. it's too small to have a working mechanism. Interchangeable lower arms would be good. It'd be alright if they made the lower part of the medical pajamas soft goods so luke could sit properly. It would also give hasbro a chance to redo 2-1B with nicer legs. Working arms and a more flexible hose so he could be a more active droid. And give him a new accessory for his medical 'bag'. Leia I think looks stupid with the ANH dress and the bun hairdo but it would be a different Leia to the usual but still have the element of recognition that hasbro seems to think kids need :rolleyes: If we got a new or modified 2-1B and a new costume Luke I'd probably buy it. if i could find it.

Fulit, you do realise that if they had a background of the nebula they'd be facing the back of the packaging :D I reckon they should be facing front with a backdrop of the medical bay interior with printed Threepio and R2 and the front of the package has the frigate medical bay viewport framing them. Including 2-1B isn't technically movie accurate but still cool IMO. Just a smidge of artistic license in the packaging.

Banthaholic
02-18-2003, 11:20 PM
This item is actually high up on my list of OT releases. For whatever reason I always thought that that they could have released more from ESB

Beast
02-18-2003, 11:33 PM
Well, there is a small problem with ESB. It mostly has just the familar charecters in new costumes. There are very few new charecters, other then "boring" secondary and background humans. So Empire gets the short end of the stick alot.

Yes, there is still a lot to be done from ESB. But unlike ANH with the Cantina and ROTJ with Jabba's Palace, there really isn't a rich environment full of intresting charecters to draw from. Just like with the prequels, which have alot of rich diverse environments.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

gibbspaulus
02-19-2003, 04:23 AM
You could do Luke and 2-1B as discussed in one box, with all the medical hoo-haas, and then Leia with new droid sculpts in the other.

Also make the window on the box the same shape as the frigate window so you get the camera eye view from space, pulling away.

Rogue II
02-19-2003, 08:02 AM
I wouldn't say this is on my "most wanted" list, but I would buy it if it was made.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
It would also give hasbro a chance to redo 2-1B with nicer legs. Working arms and a more flexible hose so he could be a more active droid. And give him a new accessory for his medical 'bag'.

For the hose, they could use the same material from Amanaman's staff.:crazed: :rolleyes:

Bane Malor
02-19-2003, 08:35 AM
I think the scene is a nice idea for die-hard collectors like myself. I'd would buy it just to have the Luke. Leia and 2-1B would be a bonus. I'm somewhat surprised Hasbro has not allready jumped on making this Luke. I suppose because the scene is not action-packed, but hey it's a Luke! I'm hoping someday they will make that version but if they never do it will be ok with me.