PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Wat Tambor,Padme Secret Ceremony, and Coleman Trebor

The True Maul
02-19-2003, 07:39 AM
http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=106

There they are, they look good to me. Hope you like them!!!

187-Maul
02-19-2003, 07:53 AM
thanx for the link
Padme sucks IMO, she looks nothing like natalie portman and looks like a boring figure, she looks more like she belongs in the LOTR line (although I don't mean that the LOTR sucks and is boring)
Wat Tambor is alright, but nothing special, but the sculpt looks very good
Coleman Trebor looks alright, but I like the other jedis more, but I'll probably get him anyway cause he's a jedi
overall nothing really special, but I wasn't hoping for much anyway

next week more pics of the new Unleashed, now that's what I'm looking forward to!:)

The True Maul
02-19-2003, 07:59 AM
Your right 187, Nothing special your right about Padme the others look cool though.:)

mm74md
02-19-2003, 08:06 AM
I hope these aren't the final releases. Coleman Trebor's lightsaber looks like about the size of Yoda's! Otherwise he looks great!

Padme...ugh :crazed: I thought we might be getting some good looking Padme figures now after the Droid Factory Chase & Padme Pilot. Oh well.

Originally posted by 187-Maul
she looks more like she belongs in the LOTR line...
You are right...she looks more like Liv Tyler!

Wat Tambor looks pretty cool!

LTBasker
02-19-2003, 08:52 AM
Padme detail wise on the dress and base are fantastic. However on likeness and overall appeal, ugh... Why isn't Anakin coming with a balcony base as well? Padme should've come with something else, like maybe an R2 using the Tools/Saga X-wing mold just cleaned up. Yeah it'd probably suck a bit, but for a pack-in it'd be good and if it was from the R2 w/ holo Leia mold, well would you want to buy an army of boring Padme's?

Wat Tambor looks awesome, the clear fuel pod and stand looks like it'll interact with the War room screen scene.

Coleman Trebor looks awesome as well, bad angle for his hand but it looks like he'll have articulation in his right wrist to bring it over and do his balcony two-handed saber pose. Very nice.

blueswiz
02-19-2003, 09:04 AM
:stupid: padme is awful. it's scary to look at isnt' it? LOTR is right! IMO, Coleman is, at the least, the best one of the three.

dirtybones
02-19-2003, 09:05 AM
I like them. The fact that were finally getting new figs is awesome, but I agree with you all on the face of Padme, she looks like she comes from another line of figures for a different movie.

Adam
02-19-2003, 09:22 AM
Padme can pegwarm for all I care.. Wat Tambor looks good, but I'm not really interested in that figure. Coleman Trebor looks pretty good though. If you look at his knees, they seem to be articulated, which is good. And it looks like he has the all important ability to hold his saber with both hands. He's deffinatly on my "get" list.

gibbspaulus
02-19-2003, 09:37 AM
I had to look for a while as they initially struck me as larger scale models. However, yep, they are standard action figures. Padme is a little too 'Fanklin Mint'. combined with Commetch leia. I mean when did you ever think that a card would read 'Padme - with bonus bouquet'???

Trebor looks pretty good for someone who dies in their first shot, and will really beef up the rest of the jedi on the shelf. He looks like a real 'heavy' unlike most jedi.

I also like Tambor as he's got a really unique look compared to every other character. Far more like a Flash Gordon baddie from the thrirties to be honest. But he looks cool. Not sure that I like his bit of Wuher's bar though.

But, as Is aid, overall detail was really nice and on first view they impressed me far more than any other preview we've had.

Lman316
02-19-2003, 09:40 AM
Yeah, there's something wrong with that Padme. I'm sure the likeness will be better by the time the figure's actually released (maybe), but even if it is, this still will be a very boring figure. Does this mean that Hasbro's going to release the priest figure too? :p

I like Wat Tambor. He looks a little plain, like maybe he should have some more detail or something, but maybe that's because I just woke up :crazed:. It looks good to me, though, and I like the little Techno Union ship and his base. These bases are nice.

Coleman Trebor is definitely the best of these three. He looks massively articulated (I'm seeing 12 points here: neck, shoulders, swivel elbows, wrists, waist, legs and knees, possibly) and just looks awesome. The pose is neutral, it looks like he'll be able to hold his lightsaber with two hands, and has an awesome likeness. I am definitely buying at least two of these. Very nice, Hasbro!
Oh, and this is collection two, right? No action feature hiding somewhere! Nice.

End...

mtriv73
02-19-2003, 09:42 AM
I think the detail on the figures is fantastic. Padme does look a little like Liv Tyler in LOTR but I'd never complain about that. We'll have to see what the final paint job looks like. None of the figures (so far) have looked exactly like the ones Hasbro is showing us, and I think a little different paint would make the figure look more like Natalie Portman.

CrossWizard
02-19-2003, 09:44 AM
Heh looks like Hasbro still keeps dodging and avoids showing Jedi Luke pics.

amidalak
02-19-2003, 09:46 AM
gotta say, tambor and trebor look great, but the padme's face is a little on the harsh side. could see it fixed before it hits shelves. love the bases, all in all, i'm really excited :crazed:

Mike Troxell
02-19-2003, 10:05 AM
I like them all a lot. I like the fact that they didn't make Padme a dynamic action sculpt (although I can't say the same for the only Anakin that would fit in the scene--he's all kinds of whacked). I think her face sculpt is very well done.

Wat Tambor--the blue looks a little too bright for my tastes, but I've only seen Clone three times and my memory could be a little hazy.

Coleman Trebor--Classy. My guess is he'll have a magnet in the spread hand.

rherk
02-19-2003, 10:08 AM
I think they look great! Finally, Some figures that look like figures and are consistant with presaga figures. They aren't constipated or dancing or have buttons coming out of the backs. Thanks

Jargo
02-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Hasbroken gimmicked up Luke and have had to go back and take it all out so they don't incur a third world war starting in Rhode Island. :D

Coleman Trebor looks the bees knees, not only is he a really nice looking character but he'll make excellent custom fodder by the looks of that head and those hands. His pose is a little od but hey, he's a weird alien so why not? Nicely sculpted though. I'll definately be looking to snaffle this.

Wat Tambor is fantastic. The base looks really cool. Nice bit of technical aparatus. The figure is beautifully sculpted and yeah he's a statue but with a costume like that he couldn't be anything else. They could have ruined him by making him bend like Horox Ryyder but that would have ruined the details. I really really like this figure. Definately get it. In fact if all the citizens of Wat Tambors world have to wear this get up to go out to play i might buy a couple more and customise them. Got a feeling that a few of these guys together would look pretty amazing.

Padme. Hmm saw elsewhere that someone thought she came with a bunch of broccolli which was my immediate thought. But in terms of sculpt and detail it's nice. The balcony looks awesome with those cherubs and scrolls, but as a figure I would buy i have to say no. It really doesn't interest me in the slightest. I'd rather have had any of the Coruscant padmes than this. I'm really not interested in dumb wedding scenes or the 'romance' aspect of the story. The coruscant scenes had far more dynamics to them.
And if they wanted to do a naboo Padme then the dominatrix costume would have served us better since it would still at a stretch fit with all the more sophisticated costumes of coruscant.
Bland and pointless is all I can offer on Padme wedding ceremony.

Still two out of three aint bad as far as Hasbroken goes.

Bane Malor
02-19-2003, 10:11 AM
I like them all but will only buy Coleman and Wat.

187-Maul
02-19-2003, 10:17 AM
but Coleman's lightsaber isn't metal, MikeT so the magnet wouldn't be of much use, but of course it could be that the lightsaber is only a prototype
and I'm not sure on the wrist articulation, but I'm pretty sure he has at least 10 points of articulation, and are those arms ball-jointed, cause there's a small gap between the arm and the shoulder, I sure hope so:)

aceguide
02-19-2003, 10:26 AM
I like them all. New figures and a Padme resculpt - not bad.

mylow thehutt
02-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Sweet!!! :happy: :happy: now if all the jedi were done like Colmen,Wat is really nice now padme is soso good dress good base but shes looking a littel like Karrie with that boocae but thats just me.

so will just the C2 have bases. :o

Jerjerrod
02-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Yay! Wat Tambor looks great, Coleman looks alright, but not great. Padme is ok too. Overall, I'm happy with the way they look. I'll probably get all three.

Mike Troxell
02-19-2003, 10:37 AM
True, 187. Good call on the plastic saber. I was just looking for a reason why his hand was like that. :p

Lman316
02-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Mike Troxell
True, 187. Good call on the plastic saber. I was just looking for a reason why his hand was like that. :p

It's probably like that so it can "rest" on top of his other hand. His left hand as a fist would fit perfectly in his right. That'll look good as a neutrally standing Jedi.

End...

hukilu
02-19-2003, 10:48 AM
Thank you Hasbro! 3 great original figs with Bases even! Its like Christmas. Additional Bonus is that the bases attach to other sets coming out!

The Jedi is great - RIP.

Wat (much like others have said I don't remember such an intense shade of blue) but still I'm glad to have him.

Poor Padme' - Why should she receive such a bad review? Granted the face sculpt is not on par with Natalie's likeness, but to be labeled as boring is immensely hypocritical because I do not know one devout collector that isn't begging for a Medical Frigate Luke or Leia, which are equally non-exciting in regards to part and outfits.

I'm excited about the opportunity to have this fig and hope that she finds more support so we can inspire Hasbro to make the rest of her outfits.

sith_killer_99
02-19-2003, 10:49 AM
Brocoli and Cherubs Padme' hehehe;)

Kidhuman
02-19-2003, 10:53 AM
They look pretty good. I know I will buy all three. Padme does look like Liv Tyler(lol). Anyway about time hasbro started making some decent looking figs. Hope Luke JK is just as good.

Jayspawn
02-19-2003, 11:08 AM
I think the Padme figure could have been a LOT better. She's kinds stuck in that position and she does not look a lot like Natalie. Her flowers DO look a little like broccoli.

Wat Tambor looks pretty cool. The little station he comes with is neat.

Coleman Trebor looks cool! He doesn't have too wild a pose either.

Lman316
02-19-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by hukilu
Poor Padme' - Why should she receive such a bad review? Granted the face sculpt is not on par with Natalie's likeness, but to be labeled as boring is immensely hypocritical because I do not know one devout collector that isn't begging for a Medical Frigate Luke or Leia, which are equally non-exciting in regards to part and outfits.

Well, with a Medical Frigate Leia, you might be able to do something else with her. Apparently that version is Leia in the white ANH dress and different hair style - but you could still play with that figure. Just put a blaster in her hand, and she's set to go. What exactly can you do with Wedding Dress Padme? I guess you could do the same thing, but IMO, it would look strange :crazed:.
But that's only for those of us that still play with and don't just display (because I do both) their toys :D.

End...

jad
02-19-2003, 11:42 AM
These are some great collection two figures from the looks of them.
Colman looks fantastic, I love the pose, the articulation, the sculpt, everything looks good about him. Wat Tambor is great too, and i'm excited to see that the base he comes with looks like it will most likely attach to the war room scene :)

While Padme isn't really that interesting of a figure, for collectors of padme it looks nice. I am actually really impressed with her balcony pack in, that is a really cool addition even though i'm not interested in the figure. Good job Hasbro!

Chiesa
02-19-2003, 12:02 PM
All i can say is that the balcony looks great... Padme's face needs alittle resculping!! Now I think I know why so many saga Anakin has that screaming face... Cause Padme doesn't look like Padme anymore!!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-19-2003, 12:05 PM
I'm liking the bases!:D

evenflow
02-19-2003, 12:10 PM
I like them. I will be picking these up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-19-2003, 12:21 PM
Yup, count me in too. I like these figures immensly.

C'mon Hasbleh, give us pics of Jedi Luke!!! :D

Chiesa
02-19-2003, 12:23 PM
Coleman Coleman!! I love figures with articulation. But i do prefer the metal lightsabres.

TheDarthVader
02-19-2003, 12:25 PM
First of all, I will buy all three. Wat Tambor is awesome! I have been looking forward to this figure. He's just a cool character. The Padme could have been better but I am not complaining. The Coleman Trebor is good...nice pose...but I could drive a diesel truck through the two fingers on his left hand. I am not sure that I like they way they did that hand.

mark2d2
02-19-2003, 12:35 PM
The figs look pretty good --- but the two aliens aren't that interesting to me as characters . . . and Padme had a slew of much cooler outfits . . . :sur:

Jargo
02-19-2003, 01:09 PM
Luke Medical frigate outfit could be used for echo base medical center too, not to mention that for customisers it's a nice outfit to use as a base for something else. Leia medical frigate would actually be a nice neutral posing of that outfit rather than a fighting pose so it would be useful for a tarkin and leia watch the explosion of alderaan scene if you just swapped the head for a different leia head.

Padme wedding gown is useless for anything other than padme goes to her wedding and stands looking like a dying guppy. The sculpt on the costume here makes it look less like antique lace and more like antique pizza dough. It looks dirty and I just can't see a reason for making this figure. The costume from her private quarters or the costume from Palpatines office, or the costume from her senate address, the embroidered blue tatooine outfit or the pale blue naboo outfit or the lake retreat black leather outfit. I could understand any of those but not this. What are you supposed to do with this? An unleashed statue would have been a far more fitting place to practice lace dress sculpting if Hasbroken really needed sculpting practice. What a waste of a place in the cases. The balcony is a nice sculpt but really, there's no justification that i can see for doing this figure. Coleman is fine because he's a council member and Wat is the leader of a seperatist faction, both warrior type figures, basic army toys fodder. I've no objection to girly figures at all but within reason please. Make them useful elsewhere too. This padme reminds me of those awful china figurines old ladies have all over their houses with some dumb broad holding some stupid posie of flowers or balancing lovebirds on her hand or something equally twee. Vile horrid sentimental crud. Just makes me want to rteach for the baseball bat in the corner and go SMA****Y SMASH SMASH SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!! broken Padme figurine.:evil: horrid evil vile foul detestible pukemaking nausea inducing allergy reaction triggering piece of crud.

we don't like it. not one jot.

Beast
02-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Damn, I knew I shouldn't have slept in so late. I missed all the fun. But I may as well give my opinions on the figures. :)

Padmé: Wedding Dress - Guys come on, what were we expecting. It's Padmé in a wedding dress. Of course she's plain looking, bearly articulated, and boring in ways. But it's a wedding gown figure. And the majority of us are a bunch of guys. I think the face sculpt is fine, as Padmé looked really plain jane in her wedding attire anyway. Still looks good, it's just the idea that's a bit of a snore for most of us. But I'll be buying one. :)

Wat Tambor - Sweet mother McRee. Wat is very cool. And for the comments about his base interacting with the War Room Diorama, that's what Hasbro said he would do. Atleast we know for sure, the War Room is the big one with the holo table. Since there were a few thoughts originally it could be the Sepratist's briefing room sequence. Sure he's a statue, but he's a very nice one. I wish his knobs were more three dimensional, but he looks very cool. Sure he's a statue, but no way around that. I still hope he has wheels. That would be cool. ;)

Coleman Trebor - Looks very good. Highly articulated and movie accurate. Wish he came with a robe, but I'll excuse that since he's based on the arena battle. I'm sure if he ever is included in a Screen Scene for the Jedi Council, he'll have his cloak there. I don't think the saber blade is to short, but that he's quite a tall charecter. And his blade only looks short, due to that. I don't know, I'll have to compare it to the balcony picture. I checked it, and took a rough measurment with my thumb and finger and compared it to his body. It is the correct length. :)

Oh, and it appears that Hasbro is aware of the breaking lightsaber problem. Because it looks like they are changing them slightly with Coleman. Look at the base of his blade and the top of his hilt. It appears there is a small peg coming up from the hilt, instead of the peg from the saber going into the hilt. It may help the sabers not break from now on. :)

http://starwars.com/databank/character/colemantrebor/img/movie_bg.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
02-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Padme - I won't be getting the figure, but I do like it. The face sculpt is a little off, but that base is awesome, and her dress in damn good as well.

Wat - He is a fun character in the movie, and I am liking the toy. Good scuplt and base.

Coleman - I agree with most that he is the best toy of the three. I have always said I am a big fan of articulation, and this toy is got it! This is a must get.

Good Job Hasbro (Finally).

Banthaholic
02-19-2003, 01:55 PM
WOW!!! A pleasant suprise. I'm liking the inclusion of stands with the figures. Hasbro is giving us something that I want and we could all use.
Just imagine how much cooler the Arena playset wwill be with all these upcoming Jedi with bases. It brings an added depth to the playset.

The PAdme is great, I love the stand. The figure is what it's supposed to be, and that's good for me. By the look at the stand I wonder if it's going to connect to something. Naybe they'll release the other half with the secret ceremony preist one day. HWo knows.

Wat Tambor is just plain cool. I eagerly await to see the Genosian ear room, although what I invision it to be seems awesome. I hope one day they can do a similar sceen of ANH's Death Star meeting room

hango fett
02-19-2003, 02:08 PM
ok...i hate that padme'. she looks like she's about 45, not 24. the other 2 are great! can't wait to see them in stores! they better change that padme' before it gets realeased.........ugh...
h

Jargo
02-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Padme secret ceremony makes Padme look like a younger Shmi. That in itself is enough to put me off buying either of the secret ceremony figures. :eek: "Anakin marries his mother shocker, Naboo holy man spills beans for credits."

I dunno who I'm trying to kid, i'll end up buying the fdamn figure even if it's just for customising with. painted a dark color the dress will probably look really nice. The head is trash though. Is that a pizza base dropped on her head or what? :p

So will Anakin secret ceremony come with the other half of the base or have i completely missed the news on that? I'm not that interested in the Anakin figure so I never paid attention when he was announced. I have to say though that the way these bases link together seems a bit odd and random. Things like the Geo bases are fine but if there's no other Naboo balcony base it's going to look odd linking it to something like the tusken raider base or the geo arena bases. Does it strike anyone else as rather contrived and incongruous to have the linking lugs on all these bases just to make it seem like there's going to be more than there actually will be? Seems like a cheap ploy to me. Or commisioned by someone who doesn't know their arse from their elbow.

Beast
02-19-2003, 02:28 PM
No base with Anakin, but we could always end up getting another Ani with the base later. Or the Naboo Holy Man that marries them. I think they included the linking pieces, just incase we wanted to link them to somthing. Or if somthing comes out later that they can tie into it. You can always saw it off. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
02-19-2003, 02:43 PM
JJB, I noticed it too that it looks like the peg is coming out of the hilt, but what would be the use of a removable hilt then if it has a pin sticking out of it? it wouldn't be very accurate and would look pretty stupid too IMO

Lman316
02-19-2003, 02:57 PM
JJB, I noticed it too that it looks like the peg is coming out of the hilt, but what would be the use of a removable hilt then if it has a pin sticking out of it? it wouldn't be very accurate and would look pretty stupid too IMO

Actually, I think it could work for a few figures. If I recall correctly, Luke's saber from ROTJ has a teeny, tiny peg at the top. So for sabers that look like that, it would be fine.

However, I think it presents just the same problem. Isn't it just as easy to break the peg from that part as it would be to break it from the blade?
I like the removable blades and all, but maybe they should switch back to solid peices. They could do it just like the EP1 Naboo Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon again, and give us a seperate hilt to go with it.
Either way it's okay. I've only broken one so far and it wasn't even all the way - I fixed it with model cement, so I'm fine :D.

End...

Beast
02-19-2003, 03:03 PM
So what if it's not 100% movie accurate, these are toys. And if the peg sticking up from the hilt stops people from complaining all the time that their lightsabers are breaking, it would be worth a small hit to movie accuracy on the lightsabers. As for it being just as easy to break them, not if the final saber is metal and so is the peg. Besides, the reasons the pegs break, is because their attached to the long saber blade. If they're attached to the short hilt, there's a smaller chance of stress being placed on the peg. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
02-19-2003, 03:13 PM
I like it the way it is too since I haven't broken a blade yet either, but of course I don't play with them which means I never really put stress on them or anything, so I guess it's ok if it means that the saber is less fragile, and I never really use the loose hilt for anything anyway (except for decoration on the floor of my arena diorama:rolleyes: )

hukilu
02-19-2003, 03:18 PM
I would like to think that any true Star Wars Fan would be elated to get a Padme' wedding dress figure due to its significance to the Star Wars story and pivitol role in Anakin's decent to darkness.

I am almost inclined to say that anyone who can't comprehend the reason for this figure's existence doesnt really understand the themes or storylines of Star Wars.

Beast
02-19-2003, 03:23 PM
They understand it, I'm sure. But she has many many outfits that are more visually intresting then this one. That's the problem. While I like the figure, I understand totally how some people could feel that way about it. We heard some of the same comments about Celebration Leia when she came out. Because she's not all that visually intresting. :)

As for the base that comes with her, I think I'll end up getting two Padmé's. Because it looks like the bases would connect perfectly to each other to form a nice semi-circular display base for Padmé: Wedding and Anakin: Secret Ceremony. Not sure what I'll do with a second Padmé, but I'm sure I can come up with somthing.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
02-19-2003, 03:24 PM
I have to disagree, just cause she's from a mayor scene in the movie which playes a big role in the hole story's plot doesn't mean we need an action figure of her, I just buy the figs I like, no matter how important they are in the SW universe

Death Star Gimp
02-19-2003, 04:11 PM
I think all three figures are great. It's just good to see new, original figures after all the recent Hans, Vaders, Chewies, Maces, Obi-Wan's, R2 D2's etc etc etc.

The Padme does need work on the face, and although I can understand this figure wouldn't necessarily appeal as an 'action' figure, it is in Collection 2 which is geared more for the collectors and as a non-opener this would sit nicely on my wall.

Wat Tambor looks good, but seems to lack some detailing from the waist down. However, this is one of my favourite secondary characters and is a must buy. I may buy two and open one.

Coleman Trebor is fantastic - enough said.

I hope we can look forward to the majority of collection 2 figures being of this quality in future.

Old Fossil
02-19-2003, 04:11 PM
All three are fine figures. For once, I have no complaints. I will buy Coleman and Wat, at least, and maybe Padme. Great detailing and accessories on all the figures, and excellent articulation on Coleman, where it's needed. Wat's paint detail is superb. This begins to make amends for Hasbro's lackluster Clone Wars offerings, and strengthens their line of basic Saga action figures, which is already doing well with the new Vader and Snowtrooper.

I think Padme's expression is very good, considering it's a 3 3/4" plastic action figure. I don't know what some people expect -- a perfect likeness to Natalie Portman? If so, they are destined for disappointment. There is such a thing as imagination, though some seem to want Hasbro to do their imagining for them.:cool:

Beast
02-19-2003, 04:14 PM
It's to bad that the Padmé is Collection 2. She would have been so cool with bouquet throwing action. :crazed: And yes, I'm kidding. While I don't mind action features, there are limits to even what I can accept. ;)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
02-19-2003, 04:19 PM
I don't know....she looks awfully frightened for a woman who is marrying the man she loves.....

Hellboy
02-19-2003, 05:00 PM
These figures look great.

-Coleman Trebor looks to be the best of the bunch. I hope he has some good articulation. Its great to see so many Jedi's being produced.
-Wat Tambor looks great and is a very interesting character in the film. I'm glad to see he wasn't overlooked by Hasbro.
-Padme looks fine IMO also. While not as interesting as the others she is still an important figure. Her base is the most impressive I've seen thus far and I too might by 2 to open just so I can set up a cool looking wedding scene.

Overall I'd say Hasbro has been listening to what the fans want. The fact that many people were saying they would like figure stands as pack-ins and we're now seeing detailed bases included with many of the new releases seems to prove it. I'm still amazed however at the amount of negative comments concerning these figures or any of the new releases for that matter. It makes me wonder if some of you even enjoy collecting these toys at all. :(

hukilu
02-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Hellboy

I'm still amazed however at the amount of negative comments concerning these figures or any of the new releases for that matter. It makes me wonder if some of you even enjoy collecting these toys at all. :(

I couldn't agree with you more!!

kdp100
02-19-2003, 05:49 PM
Looking forward to all these a lot! Since "Wedding Anakin" has been made, it had only to be a matter of time before the Padme counterpart was unveiled.

The other two look great too. Roll on Poggle & Bail Organa!

Beast
02-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Well, one more outfit down. 15-17 more to go. Hasbro really needs to get on the ball and get some of those done. So I decided to start a thread showing Hasbro just how much support they have for Padmé. I know it's been discussed in a poll Tycho ran in the past. But it never hurts to remind Hasbro again. ;)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17864

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
02-19-2003, 05:52 PM
The Wat Tambor is quite good. It was hard to get a good look at him in the film because he wasn't in any well lit scenes and you didn't really get to see him too well but from the waist up. I like the bit of stand he comes with. Nice touch with the "hologram."

The Coleman Trebor is a good figure. He looks like a pretty large Jedi. I'm glad to see more "Geonosian Arena" bases are being produced. Basic Jedi, but very good.

The Padmé is rather well done considering how "almost" impossible it is to replicate all of that lace and beadwork in such a small scale. It seems that all of the Padmés lean to one side. I dunno why that is. I just hope the face is a little better on the production version.

"Bouquet throwing action"... duh! :crazed:

Jedi Law Student
02-19-2003, 06:18 PM
All three of them are great figures! These are the pictures I've been waiting for. Coleman and Wat are such neat looking aliens. I like Padme (Secret Ceremony), too. The face sculpt could be a little more accurate, but it's not bad, though. I'm glad to see that there are no action features on this figure. The Episode I and POTJ Padme's were all great, IMHO. They had fairly neutral poses, reminiscent of the vintage line. Queen Amidala (Throne Room) was such a movie-accurate figure. Unfortunately, with Padme Amidala (Arena Escape), they went way overboard with the pose and the sculpt. Considering the wild stance of Anakin (Secret Ceremony), I was worried that they might do the same with Padme. But they didn't.

The bases are really cool, too. Especially Padme's and Wat's. Doesn't that Wat Tambor figure just cry out for its own CommTech chip, full of static? :crazed: :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-19-2003, 06:43 PM
It would be dumb if the flowers didn't connect into Padmé's base, but then again, they were in a pot in the film. I think they all look great, and I can't wait to get them.:)

Those cherubs are odd though . . . never noticed them . . .:crazed:

Jargo
02-19-2003, 06:44 PM
I would like to think that any true Star Wars Fan would be elated to get a Padme' wedding dress figure due to its significance to the Star Wars story and pivitol role in Anakin's decent to darkness.

I am almost inclined to say that anyone who can't comprehend the reason for this figure's existence doesnt really understand the themes or storylines of Star Wars.

I would almost be inclined to say phooey. :p what's to understand about the themes and storylines? They're so thin as to be almost transparent. I really don't care for the storyline of this whining punk Anakin. Nor do i care for padme the annoying 'tomboy' senator. if she's so smart and knowing the punk slaughtered all those innocents then she would have run a mile and how in gods name anyone can say that's love i do not know because there is nothing whatsoever that even smells like love in that relationship. You're telling me that she fell in love with anakin when he was ten? no way jose, that's perverse. A few days with a murdering schizophrenic religious zealot and she's suddenly ready to die for him? uh-uh. not gonna happen. Far too contrived and superficial to ever ring true on any level. Not important to me and not worth taking into consideration. The love story is trying to be something bigger than it is and it looks pathetic. The love thing was totally out of character for padme and wedgied in for conveniences sake because somehow it had to happen. If it'd been some one night stand thing i might have believed it. if Anakin had banged her up and then she'd turned round to anakin and said goodbye i might have believed it. The wedding is wrong in terms of character and plot and tone. Just doesn't work. So no figure of padme in that outfit is going to push my happy button.

I'm still amazed however at the amount of negative comments concerning these figures or any of the new releases for that matter. It makes me wonder if some of you even enjoy collecting these toys at all.

Wouldn't be here if I didn't garner some strange sense of enjoyment from it somehow. Sure I enjoy collecting - the good stuff. Just not stuff I see as pointless. sicky and sentimental knick-knacks like Padme secret ceremony are pointless to me. I'm just voicing my opinion negative or not same as everyone else and don't appreciate the veiled insults. If you have something to say say it straight.

Turbowars
02-19-2003, 08:59 PM
You da man EJ! You crack me up. I totaly agree. The wedding was a bad idea, but it was a PG film and it had to be a little PC. Though Annie killing the Tuskens wasn't, I guess Lucas has the belief that pre-marital sex is BAD. I do lke the other 2 figures and will pick them up if I can find them.

Beast
02-19-2003, 09:05 PM
Yeah, like it's not possible for true love to happen in a sci-fi fantasy movie. Hell, Luke was blown away in ANH when he saw Princess Leia for the first time. It's a movie guys, but it's not like a woman falling head over heels for someone emotionally disturbed like Anakin is impossible. Hell, even Hitler had someone who loved him. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
02-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Yeah, like it's not possible for true love to happen in a sci-fi fantasy movie. Hell, Luke was blown away in ANH when he saw Princess Leia for the first time. It's a movie guys, but it's not like a woman falling head over heels for someone emotionally disturbed like Anakin is impossible. Hell, even Hitler had someone who loved him. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

True, this is fiction and anything at all can happen. And, yes, there is precedent in real life for women to fall for childish whiny short-tempered men.

But, there is nothing else in Padme's character that hints that she would be so illogical. Everything else she does is very measured and sane. Her union with Anakin is nothing short of contrived and unbelievable.

The figure itself, based on the picture of course, is kind of lame. I'll hold out final judgment until I get it in my hands. :)

Beast
02-19-2003, 09:28 PM
Nothing in Leia's charecter suggests that she would fall for a scoundral like Han Solo either. She's both a princess and a senator. There's both Luke and Han, but who does Leia fall for? Like a moth to a flame, she gets attracted to the more dangerous rogue choice. Like daughter, like mother. So how is that not contrived and unbelievable. Oh, because it's not a prequel film. Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Adam
02-19-2003, 09:39 PM
It's to bad that the Padmé is Collection 2. She would have been so cool with bouquet throwing action. :crazed:

Ahh! You beat me to it! Blasted job!

If Wat's base connects to the War Room screen scene I may reconsider getting him..

jedihunter25
02-19-2003, 10:00 PM
These figs are great!! No stupid action poses and wacky facial expressions. Although it's gonna look kind of stupid when you put Padme with the new ceremony Anakin to make the wedding scene- because it's gonna look like Anakin is using the force to push her away. The balcony piece is cool, maybe in the future we can get the priest that comes with the other side.

JangoFart
02-19-2003, 10:10 PM
Padme's got that orange-card POTF2 man-Leia look going on. In case anyone can't tell, that's not a compliment :)

J

JangoFart
02-19-2003, 10:13 PM
Jargo said "say it straight".

J

jjreason
02-19-2003, 10:49 PM
I hate the Padme. I really, really thought in the beginning this would finally be the good Amidala figure that Ive been hoping for. I like her character, and think she deserves at least one half decent effigy for her trouble. The face on that thing is a disaster - was the laser scanning maching broken that day? Man.

The other two I quite like, and will be happy to get for my collection. Im happy with the continued inclusion of bases for the figures.

bobafrett
02-19-2003, 11:19 PM
Being as I'm trying to get at least one of every figure, I'll have to buy the Padme wedding figure even though I think it looks more like a mans face, at least on the one pictured.

I like the other two figures.

Lman316
02-19-2003, 11:41 PM
Okay *cracks knuckles* let's see if I can take a crack at this one.
Yes, the love angle hit me a little funny. She did seem a bit irrational about it and just seemed to rushing into it with no apparent reason. There's also the thing with the Tuskens...comforting him and not running away. Both only took a minute of thinking to make them feel just fine with me :).

For the first part of this, you have to look back to Episode 1, where it should have been explained a wee bit better. As I see it, Padme felt extreme emotion and adoration for Anakin for what he did for her. He won the race which allowed them to leave Tatooine and get help for her people (please don't hit me with the argument that there were other ways they could have gotten off the planet, that's not what I'm discussing here :D). She loved her people and Anakin was the biggest "God send" in order to help said people. She loved him for that. And I think that a little extra dialogue in EP1 probably would have helped that along. Something like, "I'll never forget what you've done for me. My people and I owe you so much, a debt which can never be repaid." Maybe going a bit far, but hopefully you see where I'm going with it. I'm usually a better writer than that :D.

Okay, the Tuskens part. Just think about the character of Padme. Who is she, where is she from? Do you honestly believe that she knows (or cares for that matter) who or what a Tusken Raider is? All she heard was Cliegg Lars saying that they may walk like men, but they're animals. Well, why should she believe that they're anything else than that? She may be a senator and believes in peace and no war, but I highly doubt that she's not "high and mighty" in some respects. She can be arrogant when she wants to be. And it's quite possibly that - even if she understood exactly what a Tusken might be - she might hold herself in a higher standard than a "lowly" Sandperson.
They also horribly hurt someone that she cared about. That takes them one notch lower than they already could have been perceived by her.

The figure: again, it's boring to me. Like I said, I guess you could still play with this. But it doing anything more than holding Ani's hand or the bouquet is just going to look weird to me. The only way I'd get it is if it didn't look too weird holding the Anakin's hand and if they release the holy man and a new 3P0 (what's wrong with the 3P0 we have now? Not much - it works okay, I guess - but I'd like a new 3P0 sometime :D).

End...

QLD
02-20-2003, 12:17 AM
Let me just say that Padme sucks. Vey very very badly.

That's all I'll say.

Oh, and the other guys look OK, but don't "do it" for me.

That's REALLY all I'll say.

Jerjerrod
02-20-2003, 12:20 AM
For those who don't like these prototypes, maybe Hasbro will read this and make last minute improvements. Overall, I think these 3 are not bad, just not perfect. Padme figure is ok, just a little boring, but you have to consider the wedding scene which was just as boring. The face does have 'some' resemblance to NP, but definitely not enough feminine characteristics. I wouldn't mind if they modified the face. Hasbro has done a great job with Leia's faces as of late, almost all of them were good, especially POTJ deluxe Slave Leia's.

Wat Tambor, a great simple and neutral sculpt, no complaints there. However, after looking at it a couple of times, I feel that it's painting detail is lacking. What would have made it perfect is if his chestplate/life support was actually "metalized" like C-3PO's instead of silver paint. How cool would it have been to have "shiny armor"?

Coleman is suitable for the scene he was in, very active and in motion. The fact that he has tons af articulation is a definite plus. The only thing that bothers me is that his shoulder joints could be a little more tucked in, and his legs look a tad 'cartoony'. The knees, despite able to bend, looks unclean. I like the conventional way of bendable knees, rather than this new way used on Boba Fett and Coleman Trebor.

Still, all 3 are great and I will buy them.

As for the delaying of Luke, I think this is the figure that Hasbro will use to blow us all away. Watch out for it, cus I have a very good feeling about this one. :)

Beast
02-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Remeber, these are typically painted prototypes or paint masters. The headsculpt is nice, she's just missing a bit of paint on her lips and cheeks to make her look a bit more alive. We've seen that before in early prototypes, that they forget to detail the faces. I think the final version with a bit of "make-up" will look a lot better. She looks older in that outfit in the movie, because the dress is simple and basic, and not grand like her other gowns. :)

http://www.padawansguide.com/wedding.shtml

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
02-20-2003, 12:57 AM
So what if it's not 100% movie accurate, these are toys. And if the peg sticking up from the hilt stops people from complaining all the time that their lightsabers are breaking, it would be worth a small hit to movie accuracy on the lightsabers.
Agree with you 100% ... and thanks for pointing out the detail on the saber, I missed it when looking the first time. As a parent with a growing collection of worn out and soon to be super glued sabers ... I'm very happy that they've made this change. (I was looking over at the "Vader Throne Room" figure and I wonder if they've done the same with him.)

I'm also very happy with the look of all 3 of these figures!

Padme ... yes, the face is a little unhappy looking, but it could look a WHOLE lot worse (g-- forbid.) These are prototypes right? I'm sure the final version will look a bit different ... well, I hope it does or she'll be peeping out at me from the store pegs for months to come.

Wat ... Yeah, I really like this figure. It's a great character and I'm happy with WAT I see (har har) ... though I think what Jerjerrod said about "metalized" armor is a cool idea. Really like the bases ... great idea ... why do I get the feeling that somebody has been paying attention to what we've been saying? I hope Wat looks this good or better when he comes out, this may be my favorite more recent figure.

Coleman ... again, from what I see in the photo I'd say it looks like a great figure with a good subtle action pose and it comes with a cool base. We know for sure that there's no peg hiding on his back for some kind of lame action effect right? I'm wondering about that limited left leg/left arm articulation ... if he does have the action peg, then he'll be staying on the peg. (Well, the kid will want him ... to see if he can break the saber anyway.)

edit ... and then Jar Jar answers one of my questions. The link you gave and those photos ... considering how damn cute she is in those photos ... it isn't helping this figures "man face" any.

gibbspaulus
02-20-2003, 05:43 AM
I am still laughing with Ej at the morality of the SW univers.

Killing women and children - okay
Passionately kissing your brother - okay
Abusing you children with torture, and choping off their hands - okay
Pre-marital sex - Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Sorry - got a bit off topic.

New Figures - good!

hukilu
02-20-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Lman316

Okay, the Tuskens part. Just think about the character of Padme. Who is she, where is she from? Do you honestly believe that she knows (or cares for that matter) who or what a Tusken Raider is? All she heard was Cliegg Lars saying that they may walk like men, but they're animals. Well, why should she believe that they're anything else than that? She may be a senator and believes in peace and no war, but I highly doubt that she's not "high and mighty" in some respects. She can be arrogant when she wants to be. And it's quite possibly that - even if she understood exactly what a Tusken might be - she might hold herself in a higher standard than a "lowly" Sandperson.
They also horribly hurt someone that she cared about. That takes them one notch lower than they already could have been perceived by her.

The figure: I guess you could still play with this.

These are excellent examples of the Padme's need to nurture and fix/help those who and not as strong as her or are close to her heart. Padme's entire existence in EI and EII has revolved around helping others. So in only makes sense when she is thrown in with someone (Annie) who is close to her heart because of EI and is hurting terribly even though he is a Jedi and should be above such emotional pain that she would fall head over heels for him. In more realistic terms, its the classic case of the girl who thinks she can change her boyfriend.

In terms of play value for her New figure - I ask what less play value does she have that Leia Celebration has? I personally cant think of anything and fear that Padme is just taking heat because she is from the prequels and Leia is not.

Lman316
02-20-2003, 12:23 PM
In terms of play value for her New figure - I ask what less play value does she have that Leia Celebration has? I personally cant think of anything and fear that Padme is just taking heat because she is from the prequels and Leia is not.

I didn't buy that figure either ;).

It doesn't have anything to do with it being from the prequels (at least for me).
But, I'll say this again, even with the Celebration Leia, you could do something with her. Like I said, pop a blaster in her hand and even that one might look okay.
The thing with the Wedding Padme is that the figure (and the idea for the figure) is too "nice." How "awful" is it to have a newly wedded woman holding a blaster? :crazed:
If this had been just about any other costume of hers, it would be fine. It would at least look okay that she's holding a weapon or something. And I'm strictly speaking from a play value stand point. If I see a figure and I know that I have no use for it in a display, I immediately ask myself, "Well, can I play with it?"
This one said "no" to me twice, I'm afraid. Unless, like I said, they make the holy man and a new 3P0. Because that wouldn't make too bad of a display.

End...

jedi-cpa
02-20-2003, 12:34 PM
Do I neeed to say it again?

THat Padme fig is AWFUL!!! There are very few figs in my collection I truly dislike. Even the steroid 1995 bunch don't bother me terribly. But I think that Padme wedding fig is going to make a run at being the WORST!!!!!

Jargo
02-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Worse than monkey face leia? I don't know if i'd go that far. I mean the sculpt isn't ugly it's just not Natalie Portman. See you could argue the point that mon mothma was also a scene specific figure with little point exept that she interacts with both senators and rebel troops and generals and personnel. Mon Mothma was a useles statue of a figure in one sense but she had a real sense of belonging. This padme has just half the balcony, she has no real Anakin to go with her because that secret ceremony anakin is not a wedding ceremony anakin at all. If he was he wouldn't have all that articulation or bow legs or a hunched back. that's a fighting anakin not a wedding anakin, so this padme is stand alone and like i said earlier seems more like something that should have been in the unleashed line under 'misguidedly smitten'. I also think it's the wrong time to be bringing a figure like this out. With so many jedi bringing out a Padme in senatorial attire would have been more prudent I think. I mean if hasbro had thought about this a little more they would have ade a screen scene and doe bail organa with padme senator and a resculpt of jar Jar in his other outfit but posed neutrally. It would be the only likely way of sneaking that Jar Jar out. And the screen scenes boast that we'll get two previously unreleased character sculpts with one resculpt. Screen scene or basic I think pizza dough padme will most definately be around for a long long time on clearance. She looks so beautiful in that Palpatines office outfit that it just screams for a figure and that wedding outfit is just so... bleeeurgh. Palpys office outfit padme looks set for business around Coruscant or even Naboo. If we get Alderaan in the next movie she'd likely fit there too.
This wedding outfit just doesn't do anything for padme. She looks down and out to be honest, jilted padme with derelict building backdrop :D mental institutuion padme with pillowcase headress. :p oh stop me someone now - i'm killing myself.... :rolleyes:

jjreason
02-20-2003, 01:33 PM
Im thinking "Preserved Chastity" Padme - Ani won't go near her with a face like that........

The Overlord Returns
02-20-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
Im thinking "Preserved Chastity" Padme - Ani won't go near her with a face like that........

Are you trying to say this Padme has a "butter face"?? ;)

DarthBrandon
02-20-2003, 04:49 PM
Anything but her face is what I think he's saying?:)

The Overlord Returns
02-20-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by brandon
Anything but her face is what I think he's saying?:)

DINGDINGIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

give the man a prize........

Actually...it's usually EVERYTHING but her face. ;)

jjreason
02-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Nastyyyyyyyyyyy boys, don't mean a thing,
All you nasty boys
Don't mean
A thing to me.

- Janet Jackson

Hellboy
02-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

Wouldn't be here if I didn't garner some strange sense of enjoyment from it somehow. Sure I enjoy collecting - the good stuff. Just not stuff I see as pointless. sicky and sentimental knick-knacks like Padme secret ceremony are pointless to me. I'm just voicing my opinion negative or not same as everyone else and don't appreciate the veiled insults. If you have something to say say it straight.

Sorry Jargo if you felt insulted by my comments about people complaining but it wasn't directed at you. You are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else here and I respect that. If you are unsatisfied with something you always back it up with a very detailed explanation about why you dislike it and quite often I agree with you. My comments were not directed at any one person just the overall negative feeling I get when reading threads dealing with new releases. We all enjoy collecting these figures and talking about them or we wouldn't be here. I just feel like many people take much of what we get from Hasbro for granted. It won't always be this good and I guess I'd just like to see more people enjoying it as much as I am. So there I said it straight. ;)

Jargo
02-20-2003, 08:01 PM
Okeydey. Actually i took exeption to the 'some people' comment from an earlier post than yours but well, a Jargo tired and ired is a Jargo tired and ired. ;) Put it down to a bad day at the office and let's forget all about it. eh? :)

Turbowars
02-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Let me just say that Padme sucks. Vey very very badly.

That's all I'll say.

Oh, and the other guys look OK, but don't "do it" for me.

That's REALLY all I'll say. How do you know, have you dated her?:evil:

jjreason
02-20-2003, 08:15 PM
THREAD CLOSED.

Hmmm. Didn't work. What the hell's the matter with this thing?

chubbychicken
02-22-2003, 02:34 AM
:sur: ...haha wow padme looks...well...ya she looks messed haha but the coleman trebor looks really good haha so does wat tambor

jedibear
02-23-2003, 10:57 PM
I like all three.

Yes, the Padme figure looks a little "off", but as we all have seen time & time again, sometimes the pictures don't do the final product justice once we have it in our hot little hands...

The base with the Padme is stunning. I hope that the other half is featured with another figure (or figures) soon. It is a little disappointing that the "Secret Ceremony" Anakin seems a little overposed for the "moment". What I'm hoping for is that the cape/cloak that comes with him works on some other the earlier releases. We'll see....
Another possability for the other "half" to that balcony is with a "Secret Ceremony" Threepio (okay...okay, I'm getting delusional here...back to the figures on topic...)

I like the Wat Tambor alot. I expect the final product to have even more detail. Remember how "doughy" Orn Free Taa looked in early shots and the final result was much more detailed. As Wat looks now though....impressive, most impressive. I especially like the base that will attach to something more later (the rumored "War Room" set for one).

I really like the Coleman Trembor! Looks like great posability, and the stand looks great too. Maybe it'll hook up well with Aalya or Barriss. I just love cool looking jedi figures!

Hopefully these figures are a good indication that we'll be seeing more secondary characters in this off-movie year, similair to the great POTJ line between Ep's I & II. Hope so....