PDA

View Full Version : Why is Padme holding a bunch of Broccoli

RaptorMCSE
02-19-2003, 10:43 AM
http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=106

Sorry but Padme just looks stupid, She looks like she is holding a bunch of Broccoli.

The other figures look pretty cool.

badtaste
02-19-2003, 02:51 PM
I think as a married woman, she's going to cook.

sorry

El Chuxter
02-19-2003, 07:20 PM
This will probably be merged into one of the other threads, but what I want to know is why the figure looks more like an "Alanis Morissette: Canadian Broccoli Growers Spokesperson" figure?

Turbowars
02-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Dude, LOL I was going to post the same thing about the broccoli. I like the other 2 though.

evenflow
02-20-2003, 07:22 AM
She is the worst of the latest 3 posted.

JEDIpartner
02-21-2003, 09:31 AM
Ehhhh... she's not THAT bad... It's just going to be a very difficult figure to make all the way around.

Jargo
02-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Dale, I'm sorry old chum but that sentence makes no sense to me whatsoever. very difficult figure to make all the way around what? Have you been drinking again? You know I told you that was bad. It makes your eyes go swimmy, remember? :p ;)

No i actually mean that, I don't understand your post at all. clarification por favor. :)

2-1B
02-21-2003, 07:25 PM
I think he means that considering the difficult costume style and face sculpt it's a tough figure to do in a quality manner. But that's just my interpretation. :crazed:

Will that broccoli cluster fit in the flower pot? I hope so. :p

I like the idea of making this figure but that bundle of Tootsie Roll pops needs to go! :D

Tycho
02-21-2003, 09:50 PM
Brocolli is very good for you. If she eats it, Padme can have healthy babies. That should be important enough to any Star Wars fans. Heh-heh-heh.

Actually, these figures look awesome! I was very impressed, and I love Padme's balcony accessory! While I also think she at least looks more like Shmi Skywalker, than Padme, I am impressed because at least she looks real and like somebody (Allanis or whoever) and not like a "Kenner figure." (no jibes at vintage for being vintage - that is why they are cool, it's just that realism is why the modern collection is so great. The figure can be so real to me, even if it looks nothing like the character. So while I'm not saying she looks perfect, or too much UNLIKE Padme, I am saying I like the figure!)

Tycho
02-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Oh, and I found this picture of brocolli and some other food stuffs for those of you who are afficianados. I hope it is not too suggestive of anything. Just appreciating Padme's brocolli.

Take a look. It's good for you. :D

Darth forb1us
02-23-2003, 10:19 AM
haha the first thing I thought of, when I saw the picture of this figure was "nice brocolli", the second thing was - why does she look so depressed?
haha :p

JEDIpartner
03-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Yeah... that's what I meant. It's just going to be difficult to sculpt all of that beadwork and junk on her veil and dress. Yes, it was a beautiful moment on film, but to reproduce it with a figure of this scale is nearly impossible. Poor cutie Nat's not been done justice with that horrid puss! :frus:

mark2d2
03-04-2003, 04:03 PM
This is what happened when you have nobody in the plastic universe who practices "the love that dare not speak its name." Take a look around the Star Wars galaxy --- there appears to be a serious shortage of florists. Though every thing is very well art directed . . . And all of the early figures were shocking buff . . .

Hmmmmm, clouded and mysterious this riddle is.

Sidiously Darth
03-04-2003, 10:02 PM
The answer to this question is quite simple. Padme was a very healthy eater. Just go back to the scene where she's wearing that black s&m outfit by the fireplace. She has like 0% body fat.:D

Tycho
03-05-2003, 04:24 AM
Actually, the Ithorians are reknowned for their skills at horticulture and perfecting the science of botany. I found an old issue of Country Living Gardener from "A Long Time Ago," that proves this.

There are definitely quality florists in a Galaxy Far, Far Away!

See image:

halcon orlus
03-05-2003, 11:20 AM
"I'm so sad because I have to hold this huge chunk-o-broccoli. Please, could you hold it for me?"