PDA

View Full Version : Will YODA appear as a CG only character???

JEDIpartner
11-12-2001, 11:04 AM
In the two trailers that we have seen thus far, it seems that Yoda is now an entirely CG creation. Is there anything out there that informs us of this?

I remember GL stating that he didn't want Yoda to appear as a CG the whole time because the puppet had more of an organic quality to it. While I agree with him on this, I was wondering if CG technology has advanced so far that it can now replicate this "organic quality".

Just wondering... any thoughts on the various points brought up here?

Co Jo-Da
11-12-2001, 11:39 AM
I think you'll see Yoda in CG about 90% of the time if not more.

Fulit
11-12-2001, 12:33 PM
He looks 100% better than that crappy puppet from E1. In the Star Wars Universe, I would explain this away by saying he had a rough 10 years between E1 and E2, which accounts for the drastic change in appearance.

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-12-2001, 05:45 PM
he looks better now than he did...but i like how the kept the same guy to do his voice...

Rollo Tomassi
11-12-2001, 06:53 PM
The "same guy" is Frank Oz who also does Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, and Bert from Sesame Street. He also directs movies like Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and the DeNiro/Norton/Brando flick that came out this summer "The Score". Oz didn't want to hang around Leavesden all last summer, so he asked G. Lu to turn Yoda CGI and he'd just come in and do the voice over. he wanted that last time around too, but Lucas said he'd rather Frank came in and did it puppet style and Frank said yes for old times sake.

mdbulldog
11-12-2001, 11:54 PM
If Yoda decides to fight in this movie, he must be CG. A puppet fighting would look bad. CG will make his actions durning fighting (I hope) look more real.

Co Jo-Da
11-13-2001, 01:18 AM
I'm still not sold on the idea of Yoda flipping and flying through the air but I do like how he looks in CGI and he'll look even better before the release date (May 16)...

GNT
11-13-2001, 01:34 AM
I think he'll look way better as a CGI character than a muppet,although the muppet looks more real it doesnt have the moves that A CGI one can do :)

Co Jo-Da
11-13-2001, 05:41 PM
On a side note...What do you folks think about Yoda's hair, in Episode I he had white hair around the crown of his head. I didn't like that look very much and we again see him with hair in Episode II. In ESB and RotJ, Yoda just had a couple of strands here and there.