PDA

View Full Version : sith witch

Emperors_Hand_2211
02-21-2003, 02:44 AM
Presumably the dual saber wielding, kinda wierd looking, chick in the pic that comes with the official site news is the rumoured sith witch.
INteresting or no. Opinions.
clone wars poster (http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/02/img/clonewarsposter_bg.jpg)

Beast
02-21-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Emperors_Hand_2211
Presumably the dual saber wielding, kinda wierd looking, chick in the pic that comes with the official site news is the rumoured sith witch.
INteresting or no. Opinions.
clone wars poster (http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/02/img/clonewarsposter_bg.jpg)
Well, there is more info about her on the official site as well. I hope the actual figure doesn't look quite so cartoony. She looks way to Kaminoian in that sketch. If they tweak her final look a bit more human, more like Anakin and Obi-Wan in that sketch for the final cartoon shorts, I'll be happy. :)

"There's a new female warrior, and Paul Rudish designed her ship, and it was approved and turned out great."

The female warrior is Asajj Ventress, a deadly Dark Jedi armed with paired lightsabers bearing the distinctive curved handles of her mentor. "Ventress' whole backstory was written by Lucasfilm and Dark Horse Comics, but her role in here is that Count Dooku hires her like a new Jango Fett-type. She's sent as an assassin to kill Anakin. She's a really cool bald chick, and she's got great powers, and her and Anakin will have an amazing hardcore fight," says Tartakovsky.

"We based Ventress on some of the drawings from Episode II, because she was originally designed for the movie but wasn't used. She appears in The Art of Attack of the Clones book. Paul did his spin on it, and we played around with it a little bit because we didn't want to copy it exactly. We wanted to have our own identity about it. That's what Lucasfilm wanted too."
http://www.starwars.com/eu/feature/20030220/

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-21-2003, 05:47 AM
Looks like Sly Moore without the feathery coat. Might be cool if she has a decent pose. Not sure I'd want this if it's posed like bariss offee or Luminara. Just know that skirt will end up being all flared out and action posed. :rolleyes: What would be cool would be if they gave the figure tons of articulation and alternate skirts, one action posed and the other neutral. That way you could have her looking mean and contemplative or totally kickin' in action. or they could give her soft goods skirt. Best of both then if her hips are articulated to come back to standing. Just ball joint her hips and ankles and shoulders. hasbro won't do that though and she'll probably end up being a mini unleashed. :cry: I know don't damn 'til you've seen. Just being a little pessimistic. She could look fantastic as a figure. I know I'm being a little hypocritical too having slammed the idea of a sith witch previously. But now i'm looking at the fact that it's another cool female character and it's not another Manakin or Obi-yawn. This character might look really cool in the Coruscant nightclub if she isn't freakily posed. Kind of like a punk diva. I have a really strange way of seeing things i know. I don't like the idea of a sith wirtch still but i do like the idea of this character and the costume.

Emperors_Hand_2211
02-21-2003, 06:20 AM
Jargo, Jargo, Jargo. If only you and not Randy were in charge our lives would be so so much happier.
sigh
One can dream.

Darth Cruel
02-21-2003, 08:29 AM
I like the Sith Witch idea. It would be cool to see her having other powers to compliment her Sith skills and make life tough for Yoda and the rest of the Jedi.

icatch9
02-21-2003, 10:30 AM
I don't really like the idea of the character. Sort of goes away from the story and the idea of "Only 2". She looks cool and will be badass, but I don't like what it's doing for continuity.

hukilu
02-21-2003, 11:15 AM
I think it makes perfect sense, because Dooku is looking for someone to become his padawan and with Sidious being interested in Anakin, Tyrannus knows he may not have a future. That is also one of the reasons he delivered Obi-Wan with a "join me" proposal because he knows his days are numbered. Also I believe I read that Dooku actually hires her to take out Annie which again I believe to make perfect sense.

icatch9
02-21-2003, 11:52 AM
Well, apparently we have different takes on the story line. The way I see it Dooku cannot take padawon becasue he is the apprentice. Second, Master Yoda says there can be only two "A master and apprentice". Now, Yoda could be wrong, but I doubt it. Believing this to be fact this Dark Jedi/Sith Witch doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It certainly messes with continuity of the story.

Dooku is a liar, he didn't want Obi Wan as his apprentice. He just wanted Obi Wan to be on his side with the rest of the Separatists. Remember in the scene he is merely a Separatist, and we don't know he's a Sith Lord and neither does Obi Wan. Chances are he'd of killed Obi Wan eventually anyway.

We cannot be for sure that Dooku knows Sidious is after Anakin. We don't even know if Sidious is after Anakin. Nothing in the story suggests that so far. The only conclusions that can be made are those based on the OT and are not really relevant yet. If we didn't know what was going to happen, we'd have no idea that Sidious was the emperor and Anakin will become Vader.

Again, this whole Idea of a Sith Witch just doesn't mesh. Neither do your musings about her being Dookus apprentice. All these things may come true in the cartoon, but do not go with anything that has to do with the movie at all. It is far away from cannon.

Beast
02-21-2003, 01:57 PM
Yes, but Lucasfilm has said that there can only be two Sith Lords. Note that they never said there can't be other Dark Jedi's. I've seen it explained somewhere officially, but now I don't recall where. So Dooku can have a Dark Jedi apprentice, but she wouldn't be as powerful or have as much training in the dark arts as a full Sith Lord. That way she's not a threat to getting power hungry and bumping off one of the two true Sith Lords. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jblodgett
02-21-2003, 02:14 PM
I get the impression that Dooku does know that Sidious has his eye on Anakin. And he realizes his days are numbered as Sidious's apprentice. Thus he gets this "Sith Witch" to kill Anakin, thereby eliminating the competition, while not making it look like he did the killing himself- so he stays in Sidious's good graces. Reminds me a lot of the Xixor/Vader interplay in the Shadows of the Empire storyline.

El Chuxter
02-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Yes, but Lucasfilm has said that there can only be two Sith Lords. Note that they never said there can't be other Dark Jedi's.

Exactly. My first thought when I saw her picture on the starwars.com website was, "Cool! The rule of two doesn't invalidate every Dark Jedi, Darkside Adept, etc!" And as for only The Lost Twenty leaving the Jedi Order. . . well, we know that the Jedi Knights were around a looooooooooong time, but how long has an actual political body based on Coruscant and called the Jedi Order been there? It certainly wasn't around during the time of the Sith Wars. My money's on it being only a little older than Yoda, or possibly younger. So the Jedi who fell and became the first Sith Lords wouldn't even be included in the Twenty.

And who says that just anybody with a mean streak and some Force ability can't track down some Sith artifacts and train themselves enough to be a nasty customer? If the Witches of Dathomir could become such a force to be reckoned with, I see no reason why others couldn't as well.

(And don't complain about my mentioning the Sith Wars and the Witches. We're talking about the Clone Wars, and, aside from one battle and a couple of lines, the Clone Wars are EU. :))

icatch9
02-21-2003, 02:28 PM
What the hell is a dark jedi? Where is this ever mentioned in the movies? This is a invention of a EU author and has very little relevance on the movies. Dark Jedi? What makes a Dark Jedi? Why isn't Dooku a Dark Jedi? Why isn't Anakin a Dark Jedi? They were both trained fully or near fully by the Jedi Order, so why aren't they DJ's or are they? What the heck is going on here?

Impression or not, there is no evidence in the movies that makes us believe that Dooku even knows who Anakin is. It's all specutlation at this point. These cartoons will probally be good, but have nothing to do with the story. I wish they'd of left the Jedi clean out of them. Just concentrate on the Clonetroopers.

What gives this Samuri Jack guy the right to form and create a story that impacts the PT. Nothing! This i no diffent than any other novel or comic. It has zero relavance on the movies. If it didn't happen in the movie than its not cannon. The EU stories are interesting, but have little to do with the movies at large.

Plus, it seems he's not following the rules set forth by Lucas. Few EU authors do, and thats why continuitiy is a problem.

Jar Jar, I'd love to see that offical work you speak about the Dark Jedi's. It is a topic that I have long struggled with. Something from the Boss (GL, not Springstien) would probally quite all arguments.

2-1B
02-21-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
We don't even know if Sidious is after Anakin. Nothing in the story suggests that so far. The only conclusions that can be made are those based on the OT and are not really relevant yet.

:confused:

Sidious = Palpatine = Anakin's master in the OT.

Sure we don't "know" that yet without considering the OT, but are you serious about it not being relevant yet? :confused:

Since we KNOW that Anakin ends up as Palpatine's apprentice, then it is quite logical that Dooku may have taken steps to prevent that from happening - it's just too bad for Dooku that he didn't succeed.

Jargo
02-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Ooooooh, you've spoiled it for me now...... :(

;) Am i the only one not remotely interested in the Manakin/Palpitate sub-story? I'm curious about how Obi-yawn plays into it but that's about it. I realise that a large part of EPIII will concentrate on the fall of the chosen one but well, I find that aspect of the saga quite dull. I'm totally excited about the prospect of seeing the birth of rebellion and Alderaanian life, new planets and vistas and a sub-plot of dissent and cloak and dagger shenanigans but the main cut and thrust of the seduction into the dark side is too much of a foregone to get me moist.
I feel that they did away with Shmi too soon. keeping her missing and giving Anakin some angst to deal with in the midst of the whole war would have been more dramatic. he could still have killed the tuskens but had something further to deal with as well as the whole forbidden thing of love and marriage. Going into the final chapter he'd have had the jedi Order on his back and the lure of a paternal caring understanding patron in Palpy, who would have been a keen ally in helping Manakin find his mother, but playing it out and having a hand in her death. The way Manakin dealt with the death would have served the fall much better in the final chapter IMO. The rage he felt could have been used to turn him against his master. Pooku is just a patsy for Palpy, a test for Manakin. having Manakin deal with Pooku would prove to Palpy whether his protoge was worth the effort of grooming him. Having Manakin turn on Obi-Yawn is just the final stroke. This other stuff in between the movies is minor fluff and piffling skirmishes. This sith witch is a mere distraction same as Zambam and Jangled. Palpy uses these distractions to test the waters so to speak, push at the boundaries for he has already become aware of how weak the Jedi are becoming. If Yoda sensed it then so did Palpy and everything else is just testing to see how weak they have become and to find the weakest point to strike at. He's also aware that Manakin is by far the strongest of the bunch. he doesn't necessarily realise how strong or indeed that he's the chosen one to fulfill the prophesy but he's on the right track. Manakin will probably fill palpy in on the details of the prophesy later. But i definately think that Pooku is just a little game that palpy is playing. And the Sith witch is nothing more than a pawn. BTW where did this title of sith witch come from? It's really lame. could they not think of something moe inspiring for her. Dark mistress or something, I know technically the Sith lords should have equal sith ladies but sith lady sounds poo as well. Dark mistress at least sounds better than Sith witch which sounds like something from the chronicles of narnia. I mean c'mon guys, get a little more creative there please. ;)

Darth Jax
02-22-2003, 12:29 PM
i believe anakin is a target of sidious's curiousity. recall the little conference they have where he explains he's been watching ani with interest and is glad that he's getting an assignment. i believe that ani mentions that it's palpatines judgement and pointers that keep him going at this time. little off subject of the sith witch but fits into the discussion of motives between epi II and III.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-22-2003, 06:48 PM
I like her. When I heard they were making a figure of a Sith Witch, I thought it would be of one of those odd and stupid Darth Maul designs. This design is pretty cool, unforunately they elongated her neck to make her like a cross between a human and a Kaminoan. Now we know what Obi-Wan and Taun We were doing when it showed Anakin and Padmé on Naboo:eek: ;) :p
Now, I wonder about the Mandalorian warrior guy. Will he be in the show? What about Anakin's starfighter, or commando Yoda?

JangoFart
02-22-2003, 08:08 PM
Have any of you ever read the 4-part Darth Maul comic that came out in 2000 (I think)? That sith witch looks ALOT like a sith witch who was in that series. I forget her name, but she had two sabers and quite foul-tempered.

J

Jargo
02-23-2003, 12:16 PM
She was a Dathomir Sith witch wasn't she? Worked for the bad guy of the story who was running the crime syndicate. if i remember right. I bought the graphic novel of all four parts together. lovely artwork. Yeah she didn't turn out to be so hot after all. Remember the very first star trek movie, the bald chick in that had a really long slender neck. i guess this Asajj Ventress is suposed to have a similar skinny look and the cartoon drawing just accentuates the look. Like how the drawing of Anakain has his legs being really really long. George seems to like chicks with no hair though, right from ANH he's had them, there was that chick in the cantina who just had a few strands of hair running down her head, Leesub sirin i think her name is, wears a silver costume, You hardly see her in the scene but she gets a few background shots. Then all the Twi'lek chicks are technically bald and there's Sly moore of course, Aurra sing was basically bald. An odd obsession. Man george must have some issues :D A bit like all this decapitation and dismemberment and the death toll. It'd be fun to have a psychiatrist interview george sometime.
But as far as this Sith witch goes, she looks quite nimble and single minded. About as single minded as Maul. Wonder if she'll last the distance or do a maul and get iced before she does anything interesting. Was it dermot powers who kept trying to get george to make the AOTC bad guy a woman? Whoever it was must be kind of pleased that the concept is at least being used.

Dar' Argol
02-23-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
What the hell is a dark jedi? Where is this ever mentioned in the movies? This is a invention of a EU author and has very little relevance on the movies. Dark Jedi? What makes a Dark Jedi? Why isn't Dooku a Dark Jedi? Why isn't Anakin a Dark Jedi? They were both trained fully or near fully by the Jedi Order, so why aren't they DJ's or are they? What the heck is going on here?

Here's a little info on Dark Jedi's straight from Starwars.com:

Source: http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/dagobah/eu.html

[B]Years ago, a group of Jedi in the neighboring Bpfasshi star system went rogue and succumbed to the dark side. Jedi Masters were sent to stop the Dark Jedi insurrection, and one of the fallen Jedi escaped to Dagobah. There in the swamps, the Jedi Master Yoda and the Bpfasshi Dark Jedi fought a terrible battle. The Dark Jedi was killed, and the local flora absorbed his twisted energies.

Source: http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/thesith/eu.html
In the early days of the Jedi, a great schism tore the order apart. Jedi who had tapped the forbidden power of the Force's dark side rebelled against their light-sided brothers. After a terrible war, the Dark Jedi were exiled from the Republic. Past the Republic's growing borders, these castaways discovered Korriban and the Sith people.

Powerful with the dark side, the Jedi outcasts set themselves up as gods on Korriban. The primitive Sith worshipped them as their lords, and so the Jedi grew, and built temples and monuments to celebrate their power. Millennia of interbreeding blurred the distinction between Sith native and offworlder, and the term Sith came to encompass not only the indigenous people of Korriban, but also the powerful overlords that ruled them.

So you can see that the Sith are direct decendents of Dark Jedi. The Sith themselves were just once a race of people, ruled by the Dark Jedi.

Impression or not, there is no evidence in the movies that makes us believe that Dooku even knows who Anakin is.

That is laughable:D. Who do you think the Emperor is??? Who is the Chancellor??? Does the Chancellor know Anakin??? and What is the Emperor's full name???? I think I'm done here:D

What gives this Samuri Jack guy the right to form and create a story that impacts the PT. Nothing! This i no diffent than any other novel or comic. It has zero relavance on the movies. If it didn't happen in the movie than its not cannon. The EU stories are interesting, but have little to do with the movies at large.

Ummm . . . . . . Lucas and Cartoon Network gave him the right. I believe they approached him about it. He did not pitch this to them.

And who cares about "cannon" or "EU". What is the big differance???? In about 3 years all you are going to have new in the Star Wars universe IS EU! Unless your just gonna stop liking SW because the movies are done. Then what kind of fan can you be called?? I've said it before and I will continue to say it, IT'S ALL STAR WARS, BABY!!!

Plus, it seems he's not following the rules set forth by Lucas. Few EU authors do, and thats why continuitiy is a problem.

No, its not the Authors who do not follow continuity, its Lucas. Anyone pitching an idea for a book is made to go through rigerious(sp) steps to insure that the continuity is kept throughout all of the books. There is an entire dept devoted to the books and keeping things straight. I forget where I read/heard that. I think it was on the E1 disc. Jar, can you back me up?? Anywho, Everything meshed in the SW universe up until Lucas decided to change some things in the begining of the story with E1. Now Lucas has already approved the books until this point, and now HE changes things, which is his right. But make sure you have the correct person to blame for continuity issues.

And to futher things a little bit it was quoted that "Ventress' whole backstory was written by Lucasfilm and Dark Horse Comics". So Lucasfilms, directly under the man himself, got together with Dark Horse to create this character which was to be used in E2, but was later cut.

Besides, I think this is concidered a EU section, because the Clone Wars is not "cannon" :rolleyes:, so why are you in here complaining if you don't like EU?????

Darth Evil
02-23-2003, 03:12 PM
The Dathomir Witch in the Darth Maul series didn't use lightsabers, she used swords. And the whole double, curved-hilt lightsaber thing seems to be Dooku's thing with his apprentices, look at Komari Vosa in Bounty Hunter.

JangoFart
02-23-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
The Dathomir Witch in the Darth Maul series didn't use lightsabers, she used swords. And the whole double, curved-hilt lightsaber thing seems to be Dooku's thing with his apprentices, look at Komari Vosa in Bounty Hunter.

She did too use lightsabers. Two of them, as a matter of fact. They were shorter and smaller than your typical saber - as are the sabers in the sketches I've seen of the sith witch.

J

Darth Evil
02-24-2003, 02:53 PM
But Mighella used what looked like short swords, then during the fight they were surrounded by an outer blade. So they weren't traditional lightsabers. But I suppose I'm just nit-picking, I was wrong.

El Chuxter
02-27-2003, 02:10 PM
For more information on this Ventress character, check out the Mace Windu comic book that hit shelves yesterday. She's a pretty nasty customer. I won't spoil anything here, but those two curved blades snap together to make a wicked-bad double saber a la Darth Maul's. She's definitely working for Dooku, but Mace doesn't have any knowledge of her background, so it's highly unlikely she's a fallen Jedi.

I get the feeling that it will be necessary to read the comics and books in addition to watching the cartoon to get the full picture.

Darth Evil
02-27-2003, 02:54 PM
Hold on a minute, which of the two Dark Side Witches in the Darth Maul series are you talking about, JangoFart? The one that was protecting the Dug or the one protecting the Black Sun leader(Mighella)? Because the one protecting the Dug used two short lightsabers, but Mighella used two short swords.

I remember reading that Dooku trained Ventress, so she certainly isn't a fallen Jedi.

JangoFart
02-27-2003, 07:37 PM
Darth Evil:

I'm talking about the one with with the dug who Maul takes out in about .0003 nanoseconds. That was such a GREAT comic series.

J

jpak001
02-28-2003, 01:17 PM
When I heard that a Sith witch was coming out I thought of the ones from the Dark Horse SW ongoing series (I forget what issues #'s they were, but I think it was the second Quinlan Vos storyline). In that story, there was a whole village of them. They had 'sabers and tattos on their faces (kinda like maul).

They didn't look like the one pictured on the Clone Wars ad though. I don't remember any elongated necks or bald heads though

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I would just look at my comics but they're buried away in one of my closets in god knows which box! Mabye I'll try to dig 'em out this weekend....

JangoFart
02-28-2003, 03:11 PM
I know what you're referring to, jpak001. The series was called "Infinity's End". Here's a pic of one of the covers which had the witches of which you speak in the background.

J

jpak001
02-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Thanks JangoFart!

Jerjerrod
03-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Sorry this might be a repeat or dumb question:

So is the "Sith Witch" the same as the character "Asajj Ventress" in the current Mace Windu comic?

Beast
03-14-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Jerjerrod
Sorry this might be a repeat or dumb question:

So is the "Sith Witch" the same as the character "Asajj Ventress" in the current Mace Windu comic?
Yes, that is the name of the charecter. We haven't seen the figure yet, but expect her to look pretty much just like the charecter from the comics. Since all the figures will be in the movie/comic style. Since at one point, the cartoons weren't confirmed. Maybe someone can scan the issue, and post a pic for the folks that don't buy comics. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
03-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Great discussion guys. The only thing I disagree with is the part of Dooku trying to kill or hiring Ventress to kill Anakin.

He shut his lightsaber OFF when he had the chance to finish Anakin in Episode 2. Yoda had not yet arrived.

That is not the only reason that I think this, but I strongly feel that Dooku is Anakin's father and doesn't want to kill him.

In my Episode 3: The complete story thread in E3 Spoilers section, I back up this theory with all my logic. There is still as of yet, no spoiler evidence, so I don't think there's any harm in anyone reading my speculation.

However, going into it further, here, would be straying too far from the topic.

But no, Dooku is not going to try and kill Anakin.

I believe that Anakin will think that his wife and unborn child have been murdered, and on top of it, that he will learn that he killed his own father and the Jedi never told him they were related, and all that will drive him over the edge. He will go to Palpatine for support, and when Obi-Wan learns the truth about Palpatine, Anakin will fight Obi-Wan to avenge his family and defend the Chancellor, because he'll think Obi-Wan is a liar, and he also blames him for the death of his mother.

jobi
03-24-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Great discussion guys. The only thing I disagree with is the part of Dooku trying to kill or hiring Ventress to kill Anakin.

He shut his lightsaber OFF when he had the chance to finish Anakin in Episode 2. Yoda had not yet arrived.

That is not the only reason that I think this, but I strongly feel that Dooku is Anakin's father and doesn't want to kill him.

In my Episode 3: The complete story thread in E3 Spoilers section, I back up this theory with all my logic. There is still as of yet, no spoiler evidence, so I don't think there's any harm in anyone reading my speculation.

However, going into it further, here, would be straying too far from the topic.

But no, Dooku is not going to try and kill Anakin.

I believe that Anakin will think that his wife and unborn child have been murdered, and on top of it, that he will learn that he killed his own father and the Jedi never told him they were related, and all that will drive him over the edge. He will go to Palpatine for support, and when Obi-Wan learns the truth about Palpatine, Anakin will fight Obi-Wan to avenge his family and defend the Chancellor, because he'll think Obi-Wan is a liar, and he also blames him for the death of his mother.

I don't know about Dooku being Anakin's father. But I do believe Dooku knows that Sidious wants Anakin. Look at Dooku's expression after he amputates Anakin's arm. It is either regret or fear. He looks like "damnit" I didn't want to do that. If you look at the OT, Vader and the Emperor want to turn Luke because he would be a powerful ally. That would make three, not two. Sounds to me like GL just made all of this, only 2 crap up, after he decided to ruin a bunch of other things from the OT and EU. But whatever it's his perogative.

Well I didn't mean to rant sorry.