PDA

View Full Version : Theater Edition Luke Skywalker !?!?!?!?!

bobafett07728
02-21-2003, 10:19 AM
Upon reading Thrawn's new F.A.Q.'s I was intrigured by the statement made about the Theater Edition Luke Skywalker. It states that many of the figures have the bubbles slowly seperating from the card. This had me curious, so I went and checked my Luke. Low and behold, the damn bubble is coming off the card!!!!!! This figure was perfect when I bought it, and has been in a Star Case, in a large comic book shoebox with the rest of my figures since its purchase (Luckily I didn't get too burned on the price.) Needless to say this really ****** me off. I am wondering how many other collectors have had this happen, and if there is anything that can be done to prevent it. I would imagine that if keeping your figure in a Star Case, out of the light and heat doesn't work. . . we really don't have any options. I am really interested in what all you collectors have to add to this.

2-1B
02-21-2003, 05:50 PM
I discovered my separating bubble when I got home from the theater that very night of 7 March 1997. :(

Since then it hasn't worsened.

JediTricks
02-21-2003, 09:33 PM
Mine has been laying on its back since the day I got it at the theater... 6 years ago! :eek: I can't believe it's been that long. Anyway, I haven't the stomach to investigate this possibility because that piece is one of the crown jewels of my SW collection and I'd hate to KNOW it's time is up.

stillakid
02-22-2003, 10:30 AM
I just checked mine and it seems fine.

r2dee2
02-22-2003, 04:53 PM
Mine (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/lukejediknighttheatera_7.jpg) also seems to be fine.:)

bobafett07728
02-24-2003, 11:05 AM
Interesting. . . so far we have two seperatists, two non-seperatists, and one 'hope it's still ok.' Anyone else. . . .?