PDA

View Full Version : Weird Al

Pages : 1 [2]

Mad Slanted Powers
04-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Just found out last week that he will be playing at the Northwest Washington Fair in Lynden, so I think I will go see that. I've lived near there all my life, yet have never been to a grandstand show there, and only ever went to the fair two or three times that I can recall. Last time was probably in high school.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-22-2010, 12:51 PM
His website shows a 110-card limited edition trading card set. I don't even collect the cards, but...

Mad Slanted Powers
07-17-2010, 12:34 AM
Well, I bought my ticket a couple days ago to see him on August 17.

JEDIpartner
07-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Shouldn't Al be doing a Lady Gaga medley about now? He could call it the "Polkaface Medley" and substitute "Oom pah pah!" for that little hook in "Bad Romance". Could you imagine Al doing a take on all of that crazy woman's costumes??!!!!!

El Chuxter
07-19-2010, 01:38 PM
No.

Weird Al has too much taste to touch that talentless tramp.

JEDIpartner
07-19-2010, 03:42 PM
I'd beg to differ. He's parodied lesser groups than that. Ummm... Milli Vanilli, anyone?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Let's list (LISTS... :drool: ) some of the artists of whom WAY's done parodies (not counting "style" songs):
- Michael Jackson
- Madonna
- Milli Vanilli
- Robert Palmer
- Chamillionaire
- R. Kelly
- Greg Kihn
- Toni Basil
- Joan Jett
- James Brown
- U2
- Survivor
- Avril Lavigne [sp?]
- Tiffany
- Billy Joel
- Billy Ray Cyrus
- Billy Idol
- whoever sang "Macarthur Park" first (Richard Harris? Donna Summer?)
- whoever sang "Lola"
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Coolio
- Green Day
- Back Street Boys
- Taylor Hicks
- Cyndi Lauper
- The Presidents of the USA
- De Barge
- MC Hammer
- Huey Lewis & The News
- Rolling Stones
- The Knack
- Fine Young Cannibals
- The Offspring
- Don Maclean
- P Diddy
- The Police
- Nirvana
- REM
- Men Without Hats

Many of those are "one hit wonders" or flashes in the pan. I don't know if she's even pan flash-worthy; I put her in the same category as Marilyn Manson (edgy on purpose, but mainly a waste).

JimJamBonds
07-19-2010, 06:18 PM
What about Crash Test Dummies?

Nice job with the list BCJ, that coves a bunch of them (not counting the polka medley people).

Mad Slanted Powers
07-19-2010, 07:02 PM
- whoever sang "Lola"That would be The Kinks.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-19-2010, 08:55 PM
I did say it was "some" of his parodies (I missed the CTD, and also Nelly, Queen, Los Lobos, and Tone Loc as others come to mind); yes, the polkas weren't included as they were covers, not parodies.

I blanked out on the Kinks.

JEDIpartner
07-20-2010, 08:45 AM
That would be The Kinks.

I was horrified by that. :eek:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-20-2010, 11:20 AM
I actually worked security for his show in Toledo a few weeks back and the guy puts on a helluva live show. He opened up with a polka medley that featured Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and some other random pop songs. He had several costume changes like the Nirvana outfit, white n' nerdy outfit w/ segway, fat suit, jedi robes, hoodie (james blunt video) and a few more. In between songs while they were changing, they played clips from Al TV, UHF and random clips where he's mentioned. The band played for two hours and I had a great view as I was working side stage, so I could sneak a peek every few minutes as the crowd was very, very docile. lol. very awesome show!

El Chuxter
07-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I saw a video for a live version of "The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota" (my father-in-law mentioned the attraction and was unfamiliar with the song). It's funny how ignorant the comments are. Everyone is talking about how it must suck for the band to have to play comedy, and how he must have a massive turnover, and stuff like that.

Maybe we should ask Bermuda Schwartz about that?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-21-2010, 12:21 AM
JMG, that sounds just like the show I saw in Perris, but with current songs from about 3 years ago. It was quite awesome!

JimJamBonds
07-26-2010, 06:14 PM
I just remembered another one to add to the list, I just heard Zoot suit riot by the Cherry Poppin' Daddies. Al of course did "Grapefruit Diet."

Bel-Cam Jos
07-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Although, that would be one song that wouldn't be a bad thing to have forgotten. ;) Not one of Al's bestest.

JimJamBonds
07-27-2010, 02:38 PM
No its not, but I do like the original.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-18-2010, 10:20 PM
I actually worked security for his show in Toledo a few weeks back and the guy puts on a helluva live show. He opened up with a polka medley that featured Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and some other random pop songs. He had several costume changes like the Nirvana outfit, white n' nerdy outfit w/ segway, fat suit, jedi robes, hoodie (james blunt video) and a few more. In between songs while they were changing, they played clips from Al TV, UHF and random clips where he's mentioned. The band played for two hours and I had a great view as I was working side stage, so I could sneak a peek every few minutes as the crowd was very, very docile. lol. very awesome show!
Sounds pretty much like what I saw last night. Indeed, it was a great show, about 2 hours give or take.

I'm not sure if I had heard some of his new songs. "CNR" is a great White Stripes styled song (mostly "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" I think), that elevates Charles Nelson Reilly to Chuck Norris-like status. I liked the Doors-styled parody "Craiglist" quite a bit.

For the encore, they came out in Jedi robes to do "The Saga Begins" and "Yoda." The latter featured a long interlude near the end where they did some crazy vocalizations. Kind of goofy, but pretty amazing that they could memorize that much nonsense sound and do it all together.

I've never seen UHF or Al TV, so any of the video that was from those was all new to me. I liked the fake interviews they had (Eminem, Robert Plant, Jessica Simpson, Celine Dion, Avril Lavigne, and some others that I can't remember), and the old style informative films on germs and taking care of your teeth were quite funny.

Overall, a great show. I highly recommend it.

El Chuxter
08-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Jeez, MSP, you really need to check out UHF. That is easily one of the funniest movies ever made.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Someone posted last night's performance of "Smells Like Nirvana (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_DBDlyTCEg)." It was one of the earlier songs in the show. He didn't look radioactive in person like he does in this video. I was at the other end of the stands and maybe a bit higher up.

JediTricks
08-18-2010, 10:42 PM
UHF is funny, worth tracking down, $3 used on Amazon even.

One that sadly isn't on DVD is The Compleat Al, it's a mockumentary of Al's life into the late '80s that is a parody of The Compleat Beatles. When I met Al shopping at a record store back in the day (he was just there shopping with his ol' lady), I came up to him and said how I was a fan and dug UHF, he was like "whatevs" but when I mentioned "The Compleat Al", he perked right up and was much cooler with me.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Was it anything like Weird (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcNuiri2dV0)? They showed that trailer at the show. If that isn't a real movie, it should be.

JediTricks
08-27-2010, 05:25 PM
No, that's far more modernly dramatized, this was more of an '80s style mockumentary thing.

JimJamBonds
08-28-2010, 11:41 AM
UHF is funny, worth tracking down, $3 used on Amazon even.

That is VERY similar to how Al once described it. He said "UHF is just like Purple Rain, except that its supposed to be funny."

I saw part of Purple Rain a couple of weeks ago and it was just pure crap. While not as bad as say Jersey Shore, P.R. is still mighty bad.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-29-2010, 11:16 AM
According to an Amazon reminder ("our records show you once thought about clicking on..." ) email, the Essential Weird Al 3.0 (I bought the 2-disc one months ago :mad: ) comes out this week, but the 3rd disc songs are fairly weak, and as I have them on their original albums, I will likely pass. What are those six, (yes, only six, with one of his drag-on-and-on songs), you ask?
"Ricky"
"Midnight Star"
"Living With a Hernia"
"Good Old Days"
"Wanna B UR Lovr"
"Genius in France"

I like "MS," "Ricky" is an Old School "classic," and "GOD" is okay in parts, but the others are pretty lame, sadly.

[edit]This talk of WAY's Compleat Al video tempted me, and I found a used VHS copy online for under $10. Somehow I think I have seen it before, but I might be confusing some other Al TV clip or show. We shall [literally] see soon!

El Chuxter
08-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Ricky wasn't on the original? That's... just wrong. It was a single, had a classic video... weird.

I take umbrage with your lackluster opinions of Good Old Days and Genius in France.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-29-2010, 12:45 PM
"Wanna B UR Lovr" was interesting live because he had on some sort of tiger striped suit and came way up into the audience. I'm not sure if I had heard the song before.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Ricky wasn't on the original? That's... just wrong. It was a single, had a classic video... weird.

I take umbrage with your lackluster opinions of Good Old Days and Genius in France.The more I think of GOD, I may have to retract my original statement, but GIF is just too lame for my tastes, sorry.

El Chuxter
08-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Maybe it's more palatable if you're already a Zappa-head.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-29-2010, 08:40 PM
I guess we'll just have to al-gree to disal-gree on this sensitive subject. Does the percentage of what constitutes genius change for countries on the metric system? ;)

El Chuxter
08-29-2010, 09:21 PM
I think I mentioned before, it's an absolutely flawless homage to Frank Zappa, through the ages but particularly in the early 1970s. The solo by Dweezil certainly doesn't hurt, but Al did such a great job nailing Zappa's... unique style that, if his voice were slightly different, one could actually think it was a previously unreleased Zappa song.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2010, 07:05 PM
The VHS arrived yesterday, but haven't had a chance to view it. It's in one of those video store/library cases. Now, if I can only find The Authorized Al book...

Bel-Cam Jos
12-08-2010, 07:05 PM
The VHS arrived yesterday, but haven't had a chance to view it.... until today. :D I didn't realize that oft-Simpsons guest voice Tress MacNeille was the Lucy from the "Ricky" video.

JEDIpartner
12-10-2010, 12:06 PM
... until today. :D I didn't realize that oft-Simpsons guest voice Tress MacNeille was the Lucy from the "Ricky" video.

And also the voice of "Dot" from Animaniacs, don'tchaknow!!! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-22-2011, 08:53 PM
WAY has written a children's book, and will be doing some signings starting in Feb. to promote it. It's titled When I Grow Up. I hope to catch him at one of the locations, so I can embarrass myself in his presence once more! Or, perhaps act less geeky this time. :D

masterväder
02-03-2011, 02:49 PM
oh mn im like th e biggest fans of wierd al when i make to friends i like him tehy all say "Wierd al? U r wierd" what is best comebck for this i no like it :(

masterväder
02-03-2011, 02:52 PM
i think it is not fair to me that tehy laff at me is when they is say tht i say "if u say thsi i will leef" and thn tehy say "tehn leef" how is top this

NEED HELP IS IMPROTANT!

El Chuxter
02-03-2011, 02:59 PM
The best comeback to someone saying you are weird is to look them straight in the face and calmly say, "Why, thank you." Don't let it get under your skin, and, if you do, don't let anyone know it's getting under your skin.

If that doesn't work, you can always pour lighter fluid on them, light it on fire, yell, "BURRRRRRRRRN, I GOT YOU GOOD," and then hide at an uncle's house. But don't tell anyone I said that. lololol

masterväder
02-04-2011, 09:55 AM
hey lol:) thank you wat you said really helped me lol i tried it and ppl where all "omfg just whatevs:tired:" and i smiled:pleased: and they leftd i then said i bested them in game of wits and theyn we shaked hands.:D:D:D:D

Bel-Cam Jos
02-13-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm just out of the shot (cropped all but the bill of my cap) watching the NY Times Best-Selling author sign my copy at the now-World Famous Van Nuys Costco! :thumbsup: He was cool, made fun of a line I gave, shook my hand twice. I was a bit star-struck, I guess. :sur:

Mad Slanted Powers
02-13-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm just out of the shot (cropped all but the bill of my cap) watching the NY Times Best-Selling author sign my copy at the now-World Famous Van Nuys Costco! :thumbsup: He was cool, made fun of a line I gave, shook my hand twice. I was a bit star-struck, I guess. :sur:W.A.Y. cool. Is that some sort of chameleon-man in the background?

Bel-Cam Jos
02-14-2011, 08:37 PM
I wanted to do a terrible, low-tech "removal" of some guy who wouldn't move. :D The tip of my own hat is at the top right.

scruffziller
02-26-2011, 05:17 PM
His new album will be coming soon.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-27-2011, 09:34 AM
His new album will be coming soon.They've been saying that for many months now. The "Internet Leaks" digital releases have been teases. I want it NOW!!!! :frus: :p

Bel-Cam Jos
06-02-2011, 10:53 AM
His new album will be coming soon.On Tue. June 21st of this year, in fact, and titled Alpocalypse. [sp?]

Bel-Cam Jos
06-22-2011, 10:36 AM
On Tue. June 21st of this year, in fact, and titled Alpocalypse. [sp?]I've only had one listen-through so far, but I don't see a "weak link" song on the CD (a la "Party at the Leper Colony," "Such a Groovy Guy," "Dog Eat Dog," etc.), but I was disappointed to find that there's no "long" song for the first time in a few albums (like "Albuquerque," "Trapped in the Drive Thru," etc.). I haven't watched the DVD with the Deluxe edition yet. It's a fun CD, for the most part.

[edit]Now I have seen the DVD of videos: 10 of the 12 tracks are featured (no "Polka face" or "Perform That Way," but "PTW" is on the Weird Al site), all but "Craigslist" are animated (but "If That Isn't Love" does have Al's face on the character). Favorite one? "Another Tattoo" or possibly "ITIL" ).

JimJamBonds
06-22-2011, 02:49 PM
How is the polka medly?

Mad Slanted Powers
06-22-2011, 05:43 PM
I've only had one listen-through so far, but I don't see a "weak link" song on the CD (a la "Party at the Leper Colony," "Such a Groovy Guy," "Dog Eat Dog," etc.)"Dog Eat Dog" is a weak link? I like that one, perhaps because it is a Talking Heads parody, but it was a good tune. Also, if I ever get that song in my collection, I'll have three songs named "Dog Eat Dog", (Ted Nugent and AC/DC are the other two).

Bel-Cam Jos
06-22-2011, 06:28 PM
I realized I left room for a 3rd song in my post and went back to insert one; "DED" was just a title that came to mind. I won't put it in my faves, but I guess it's not as bad as others. How about if I use "Wanna B UR Lover" in its place instead? I was trying to find somewhere in this thread where I'd posted a list (LISTS... :drool: ) of his songs I just didn't really like, but I gave up after 10 pages. :lazy: :tired:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Well, after listening to it for a few days, here's how I'd rank the 12 tracks from Alpocalypse:

1 Another Tattoo
2 Party in the CIA
3 Craigslist
4 Perform That Way
5 Whatever You Like
6 Polka Face
7 TMZ
8 CNR
9 Stop Forwarding that [Carp] to Me
10Ringtone
11If That Isn't Love
12Skipper Dan

Mad Slanted Powers
06-25-2011, 05:53 PM
I've not heard the whole thing, but I don't think anything would top "Craigslist" and "CNR", but it helps that I'm fans of the music being parodied by those two.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-25-2011, 10:44 PM
How is the polka medly?My problem was I didn't recognize all the artists, as I usually have in previous medlies (read: gittin' old, I reckon :rolleyes: ). But it still shows how lame some lyrics really are.

And I realized I mixed up my acronym songs (there were a few); so CNR should be #7, and TMZ #8. I sure didn't like "P in the CIA" because of its original artist; it's just funny in contrast to its peppy style.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-04-2011, 04:01 PM
He was on The View today (hey, not much on on morning holiday TV), and apparently Michael Jackson and Madonna were nothing before WAY, since they said that 80s and 90s artists knew they'd made it when he did a parody of one of their songs. :confused: He performed "Perform This Way," and seemed to humor the ladies' questions.

JimJamBonds
07-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I've heard the comment you haven't made it until you're parodied, but not the comment about Mad's and MJ.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Well, it was inferred. Based on the only 3 parody video clips they showed (2 of Jackson's, 1 of Madonna's; guess which ones), that told me that they needed WAY's parody to hit it big. I'd have used "Smells Like Nirvana" (which they did show, but later in the interview), "Couch Potato," or "Amish Paradise" instead.

JimJamBonds
07-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Like a surgeon, Fat and....ummmm.....

I agree SLM and AP would be excellent choices.

JEDIpartner
07-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Like a surgeon, Fat and....ummmm.....

"Eat it".

:p

Bel-Cam Jos
07-25-2011, 07:40 PM
How did I miss that WAY would be speaking at the Grammy Musuem in L.A. tonight? And that it's sold out? Oh well; wasn't going to make it there without a helicopter anyhow. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
10-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Watched his special on Comedy Central, of the Alpocalypse Tour, tonight. It was filmed in Toronto. And apparently, there'll be a Blu-Ray of the tour out this Tues. (10/4).

Bel-Cam Jos
10-16-2011, 06:50 PM
I've heard several songs on the radio in the past week or so that WAY has parodied:
- "Complicated"
- "Rico Suave"
- "Piano Man"
- "You Belong With Me"
- both "Under the Bridge" and "Give It Away"
- "She Drives Me Crazy"
- "Girls Wanna Have Fun"
- "American Pie" (well, I didn't listen to the whole song)
- "Lump"
- "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (little surprise, with the 20th anniversary)

Bel-Cam Jos
10-23-2012, 08:01 AM
He has his own coffee table book out, titled inexplicibly, Weird Al: The Book, by Nathan Rabin of The Onion fame. That just sounds like a parody in a dustjacket. ;) I have yet to read past the introduction (written by... him, too). Oh, and happy birthday, fellow Oct23rd-er!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-19-2012, 12:15 PM
He has his own coffee table book out, titled inexplicibly, Weird Al: The Book, by Nathan Rabin of The Onion fame.You have to get this book. Not for the comprehensive chronology of Al's life, pre- and post-success. Not for the behind-the-scenes photos and comments from those who knew him. Not to walk down memory lane again, recalling why you loved his music, his style, his creativity. Nope. It's because it includes complete lyrics to many of his songs, INCLUDING "ALBUQUERQUE"!!!!! :eek: :thumbsup: :pleased: :D :)

Bel-Cam Jos
05-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Since I will be visiting ALbuquerque this summer, WAY's newest kids' book, My New Teacher and Me, also comes out this summer. Resume living your lives now.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-29-2013, 06:22 PM
He will be coming to Bellingham in July. I wasn't planning on going, but my girlfriend brought it up, so I will be going with her family. This will be my first time seeing him indoors, as the other time was three years ago at the fair.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-18-2013, 12:18 AM
Just got back from the Weird Al concert. Another good show. No "Dare to be Stupid" this time, but he performed it the other time I saw him.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-18-2013, 08:42 AM
His concerts are nice; like and extended music video compilation, not too loud, but clearly not subdued. I've been to 2 1/2 of them over the years.

I forgot to mention his newest kids' book, My New Teacher and Me!, is out. I may pick it up with a coupon deal.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Check around for Weird Al's FB page, or somewhere else online (i.e. YouTube), but there's a Breaking Bad cast version of "Albuquerque." All 11+ minutes!

(p.s. Like the show, it's pretty violent and not for kids; but it matches amazingly to the lyrics)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Rockin' out on an accordion solo... or a children's book. Happy belated double-27th birthday, Mr. Yankovic! And a belated Happy Halloween, too.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-22-2014, 07:00 PM
Weird Al won the internet last night! He was on that "@Midnight" semi-game show with Chris Hardwick, and beat the dude from that IFC show and the guy who's been on some comedy roasts.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Hard to believe it's been three years since Alpocalypse dropped (music industry term). His next new one is available for purchase (brick and mortar term) July 15th, titled Mandatory Fun, IIRC (Internet acronym term).

JimJamBonds
06-29-2014, 08:11 PM
All 12 songs released at the same time and 8 new video's coming out all on the same day.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-15-2014, 02:02 PM
All 12 songs released at the same time and 8 new video's coming out all on the same day.Actually, he's releasing the 8 songs over 8 days (so far, only "Tacky" and "Word Crimes" are out).

Awesome album, even if it ends up being his last "conventional" album (I don't think I used quotation marks for emphasis there :rolleyes: ); perhaps his best. Time to rank the 12 songs after just one listen-through:

1. "Word Crimes" (parody of "Blurred Lines" with grammer [sp])
2. "Foil" (parody of "Royals" )
3. "Inactive" (parody of "Radioactive" )
4. "First World Problems"
5. "Mission Statement"
6. "Tacky" (parody of "Happy" )
7. "Now That's What I Call Polka!" (good mix of songs here)
8. "Sports Song"
9. "Jackson Park Express" (9:05 of a bus ride "conversation" )
10. "My Own Eyes"
11. "Lame Claim to Fame"
12. "Handy" (parody of "Fancy," of which I'd never heard)

figrin bran
07-15-2014, 09:54 PM
I've only heard 4 tracks from the new album but they've been golden!

IMO, Fancy is the worst of the songs being parodied and hence Handy is the most brilliant of them.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-17-2014, 10:35 AM
After more than just one listening, an updated list (LISTS... :drool: ), for the last time:

1. "Word Crimes"
2. "Foil"
3. "Inactive"
4. "First World Problems"
5. "Tacky"
6. "Mission Statement"
7. "Now That's What I Call Polka!"
8. "Jackson Park Express"
9. "Sports Song"
10. "Handy"
11. "Lame Claim to Fame"
12. "My Own Eyes"

And the bottom two or three aren't that bad, unlike some other albums with ugh-quality songs, making this one of Al's best overall albums ev-ah!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-17-2014, 11:09 AM
I haven't yet picked up the album, but all four videos so far have been great! "Word Crimes" should be shown in every school in the country.

El Chuxter
07-17-2014, 01:06 PM
"Sports Song" almost made me pee the first time I heard it.

JimJamBonds
07-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Foil is pretty good, thats the only new song I've heard so far. In an interview he said he will tour next year.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-21-2014, 02:53 PM
The last video is... "Mission Statement." :pleased: I'm pleased, but surprised (with the previous seven, I thought "Inactive" would be it).

I got to thinking: how do these new 12 songs relate to others in the W.A.Y. catalogue? Here's my views:

1. "Word Crimes" (“Close But No Cigar” )
2. "Foil" (“A Complicated Song,” or “The Plumbing Song” )
3. "Inactive ("Livin' In the Fridge” )
4. "First World Problems" (“Buy Me a Condo,” “Buckingham Blues,” or “Why Does This Always Happen to Me” )
5. "Tacky" (“Ringtone” )
6. "Mission Statement" (“Midnight Star” )
7. "Now That's What I Call Polka!" (hard to compare, but I’d go with “Polka Face” )
8. "Jackson Park Express" (“Biggest Ball of Twine in MN,” or “Good Old Days” )
9. "Sports Song" (“Young, Dumb and Ugly” )
10. "Handy" (“Hardware Store,” or “King of Suede” )
11. "Lame Claim to Fame" (“Jerry Springer” )
12. "My Own Eyes" (“Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White” )

Bel-Cam Jos
08-25-2014, 10:20 PM
Pretty good show from WAY on tonight's (yes, it was on a Monday) Emmy's awards, doing show theme songs for current TV.