PDA

View Full Version : NECA: Gremlins Figures

Beast
02-21-2003, 08:58 PM
Neca finally showed their new line of Gremlins figures at Toy Fair. They look pretty good, and are a lot more articulated then I originally expected. I guess with Hellraiser and Gremlins, NECA's gonna get about as much money as Hasbro does this year. :)

The pictures and info are from Action-Figure.com. Series 1 of the figures is due out in July consisting of 4 figures: Stripe, Gizmo, Poker Player and The Brain (Shown as a 2-up) Each will come with 8 to 10 points of articulation and be priced around $10. :)

http://action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=7031&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-21-2003, 09:05 PM
I decided to not do attachments, I doubt the images will end up being pulled down from there. And I don't really like to use Steve's server for attaching to much stuff. So go ahead and follow the follow the above link and check them out there. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
02-22-2003, 01:33 PM
thanks for the info, I was already wondering if "The Brain" would be included in the line or if he was a statue, I'm glad it was just a two-up since I definitly want him, he looks so amazing, exactly like in the movie
I'm not sure on the other though, IMO their heads are too big, they almost look like the bobble-heads (that are also going to be released by NECA) and Gizmo looks kinda weird too
but the brain is a must-have for me:)

BTW JJB, do you have any info on when and if a next series will be realeased and what the line-up will be (maybe you read something somewhere)? I hope "stripe" and "razor-stripe" (don't really know their names, I mean the "leaders" in both movies) are in it, and maybe a deluxe boxed razor stripe with spider-legged body:D ? wishful thinking...

Beast
02-22-2003, 05:47 PM
Well, the Gremlin version of Stripe is in the first assortment. I assume that Mohawk will be in the second assortment. It would be silly not to do him. I think they should do the female Gremlin, flasher Gremlin, and the "Batman" Gremlin as well. I'd love to see what they could come up with for the electricity Gremlin. Maybe mold it in clear plastic and have it light up or somthing. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
02-23-2003, 07:42 AM
I didn't notice that the one gremlin was supposed to be stripe (althought the hair on his head is pretty obvious), dumb me:p
but IMO his face isn't right, he doesn't looks mean enough
as for a second assortment I'd like to see a Phantom of the Opera Gremlin, maybe a non-transformed stripe (he was black right?), the flying "Batman" Gremlin and a normal Mohawk Gremlin
but my favorite would really be Deluxe Mohawk Gremlin with spider legs, that was always me favorite scene in the movie

SirSteve
02-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Check our our Action Online Media affiliate sites coverage from Figures.com:

http://207.44.204.78/photos/showgallery.php?cat=535&thumb=1

The other cool product from NECA we were not able to photograph are the "A Christmas Story" items. Figures, and yes, the infamous Leg Lamp. It will be full-size.

Beast
02-23-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
Check our our Action Online Media affiliate sites coverage from Figures.com:

http://207.44.204.78/photos/showgallery.php?cat=535&thumb=1

The other cool product from NECA we were not able to photograph are the "A Christmas Story" items. Figures, and yes, the infamous Leg Lamp. It will be full-size.
Thanks Steve. I would have directed people to Figures.Com, had I known they had coverage of the Gremlins line. When I looked, I saw the Hellraiser stuff but not Gremlins. Christmas Story figures? Man, what will they come up with next. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lman316
02-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Nice. I'm definitely going to have to get these. I was obcessed with this movie way back when - I even bought the little PVC Gremlins statues (they had a small display at a JC Penny store. I had almost every one).

Could someone tell me exactly what a 2-Up is? It's probably self-explanatory, but I'm a little off today :crazed:.

End...

Beast
02-24-2003, 02:49 PM
Many companies sculpt their figures 2 sizes up, and then reduce them down for the final figure. Many sculpters find it easier to work that way. Of course you lose some detail doing that, because the sculpters usually sculpt more detail into the 2-ups, then what is possible on the final figure. McFarlane and Mattel and such work a lot in 2-ups. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lman316
02-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Many companies sculpt their figures 2 sizes up, and then reduce them down for the final figure. Many sculpters find it easier to work that way. Of course you lose some detail doing that, because the sculpters usually sculpt more detail into the 2-ups, then what is possible on the final figure. McFarlane and Mattel and such work a lot in 2-ups. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

So the Brain figure will be bigger than the others? Or did they mean that just one in the picture is a 2-Up and they'll re-size it later?

End...

Beast
02-24-2003, 04:57 PM
The Brain Gremlin will be about the same size as the other figures on display. They just didn't have the final version for display. So they stuck the 2-up in there instead. Wish they'd give him a voice chip. Who wouldn't want a Gremlin with Tony Randel's voice. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OzOtter
03-02-2003, 06:18 PM
I like the look of these so far. Love that eighties nostalgia. But they are going to have to be pretty good for me to bring myself to spend money on yet another line of action figures.

But they would be cool hidden in the cupboards and other places around my kitchen! :D

mylow thehutt
03-08-2003, 07:11 PM
How big are the gremline figure 6inchs 3 inchs

Beast
03-08-2003, 07:42 PM
According to Figures.com, they will vary by charecter. :)

Series 1, due out this July for a SRP of $9.99 each will consist of 5 1/2"- 7" tall versions of Gizmo, Poker Player, Stripe, and the Brain. Each figure will star 8-10 points of articulation, accessories and high detail.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Gremlins Series II has been confirmed, according to Action-Figures.com. It sounds like a good line-up. But I hope they do a couple more lines from the movies. Since there's a couple more intresting Gremlins 2 critters that could be done. And check out this arse kicking Singing and Dancing Gizmo plush. :)

NECA: US TOYFAIR: Gremlins Series 2
Posted by adrian on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 08:31 AM EST

NECA had some of their figures on display at their US ToyFair Showroom from their upcoming second series of Gremlins action figures...

Series 2 is due out in the fall and will consist of:

Mohawk Gremlin
Bat Gremlin
Female Gremlin
Party Gremlin

The Party Gremlin is more a generic figure where the others are all based on Gremlins 2.
http://www.necaonline.com/gremlinsnews1.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks