PDA

View Full Version : What were the first 2 fan's choice figs?

Uriarte69
02-23-2003, 01:08 PM
I used to know, but I forgot, anyone remember? I know the 3rd one is Ephant Mon.

SuperBattleDroid88
02-23-2003, 01:32 PM
#1 - Duros
#2 - Ammanaman
#3 - Ephant Mon
#4 - Stortrooper drawing figure thing...... :D

DarthBrandon
02-23-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by SuperBattleDroid88
#1 - Duros
#2 - Ammanaman
#3 - Ephant Mon
#4 - Stortrooper drawing figure thing...... :D

Don't forget #5 Captain Antilles and General Dodonna.:D

Uriarte69
02-23-2003, 02:17 PM
hmm, couldn't find one or two on Ebay.

187-Maul
02-23-2003, 02:47 PM
search for "amanaman" (since that's the correct spelling:D ) and it will find something;)

OC47150
02-23-2003, 03:27 PM
Check out KB Toys. I've seen Ammanamans and the slave Leias showing up there still.

OC47150
02-23-2003, 03:28 PM
Try Kmart, TRU or other stores that move SW merchandise slower than Target and Wal-Mart for Duros. He's still out there, if you're willing to look. And probably cheaper than ebay, too!

Darth Jax
02-23-2003, 04:18 PM
Both are POTJ, the Duros name being Ellorrs Madak. Amanaman is considered a deluxe being packaged with his staff and Salacious Crumb.

Beast
02-23-2003, 07:34 PM
And before anyone asks, here's the other charecters from the polls. :)

Fan Choice Figure Poll #1:
Amanaman
Bom Vimdim
Ellors Madek (Winner!!)
Eeth Koth
Teemto Pagalies

Fan Choice Figure Poll #2:
Admiral Ozzel
Amanaman (Winner!!)
Ben Quadinaros
Major Bren Derlin
Yarael Poof

Fan Choice Figure Poll #3:
Ephant Mon (Winner!!)
Even Piell
General Rieekan
R1-G4
Twi'lek Masseuse

Fan Choice Figure Poll #4:
General Carlist Rieekan
Imperial Dignitary
Imperial SketchTrooper (Winner!!)
Nym
Rebel Soldier in Scout Trooper Disguise

Fan Choice Figure Poll #5:
Ben Quadinaros
Captain Colton Antilles (Winner!!)
General Jan Dodonna (Winner!!)
Rabe
Senetaor Yarua

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
02-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Those fans choice nominies should be posted some where permanantly on this site. It seems they come up in conversation at least once a month.

mark2d2
02-23-2003, 08:29 PM
The Duro was and is HANDS DOWN the coolest Fan Choice. . . Ever!

(he's also the only time I've ever backed a winner.)

R1-G4 could have given him a real run for the money, but apparently everybody else wanted some ugly hideous alien. (Very well done figure, but still just a ugly hideous alien . . . ;) )

Darth Trymybestus
02-23-2003, 10:00 PM
The voting don't matter at all, I mean how many "losers" have ended up on the pegs? :)

Beast
02-23-2003, 10:12 PM
Only three so far. Four if the rumor of the Imperial Dignitary at the end of the year is true. Whether it turns out to be the tall hat (vintage) one, or the one from the polls is the question.

Amanaman - (Only because he won the second poll)
Eeth Koth - (One of the last POTJ figures)
Teemto Pagalies - (One of the latest Saga figures)

But most of the charecters from the polls, should be made. Except Nym. And the Rebel Soldier in Scout Trooper Disguise, if they don't give him a removable helmet. Why would they even put him on the polls, if he wasn't going to get a removable helmet. Someone want to answer that. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
02-24-2003, 12:23 AM
Yeah, so far none of "the losers" I've backed have shown up. Hopefully, the Imperial Dignitary will change all of that.

Turbowars
02-24-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2
The Duro was and is HANDS DOWN the coolest Fan Choice. . . Ever!

(he's also the only time I've ever backed a winner.)

R1-G4 could have given him a real run for the money, but apparently everybody else wanted some ugly hideous alien. (Very well done figure, but still just a ugly hideous alien . . . ;) ) Oh come now Mark, you mean to me me you don't like Mon. Now don't get me wrong, I voted for R1, because I'm a huge Droid fan, but Mon is one of the best or is the best figure (IMHO) in the Saga line. I'm hoping that the new Fett will change that, but the pinkish paint might just mess that up.

mark2d2
02-24-2003, 02:23 AM
Mon is definitely a fantastic figure. Flawless in execution.

But it is just a character that I have ZERO interest in. I'm glad he turned out so well for everybody who wants one, but I very much doubt I'll ever pick one up. (I still don't have Amanaman yet.)

Jabba's Palace just leaves me cold, I guess. I can't muster much enthusiasm for many of its creatures. It's almost like the design department was trying too hard. (Kind of like the prequals . . . :sur: )