PDA

View Full Version : Figures that fit in vehicles

OC47150
02-23-2003, 02:39 PM
Dear Hasbro,

I love the figures and vehicles you have released for AOTC. The figures' stances are a great improvement and add realism.

However, I'd like to see simple, straight-legged figures that can fit into vehicles without major customizing. That's all, and I'll be happy.

Darth Evil
02-23-2003, 03:20 PM
I agree. Releasing figures that don't fit in their vehicles is madness!

mark2d2
02-23-2003, 07:45 PM
It certainly does detract from the play value. As a kid, pretty much every figure I had flew every ship. Greedo could run off is his "stolen" TIE FIGHTER. Hammerhead had a fondness for the MILLENIUM FALCON. And WALRUS MAN cruised the sands of Tattooine in a LANDSPEEDER.

Looking back ---- only two figs --- ONLY TWO!!! --- couldn't seem to fit in any of the pilot seats. FX-7 and POWER DROID. Neither of which seemed to mind much anyway. But I can't believe Hasbro doesn't catch on to this problem with the "bow-legged" figures.

Kidhuman
02-23-2003, 08:23 PM
What Hasbro needs to do is pack-in figures with ships. This way they can make them specifically for that reason. Otherwise just go back to nuetral poses.

JediTricks
02-23-2003, 10:50 PM
I have to disagree there kidhuman, I am with Mark2d2 on this issue, I like having characters steal vehicles from the enemy or just buy them from back-door ship dealers. The B-wing is way cool with Wedge at the controls, Han Solo finding a Jedi Starfighter when the Falcon is out of reach is more fun than just recreating what we see in the films. I'd rather be able to put Anakin or Luke behind the controls of the Coruscant speeder.

But the main point is, figures need to be able to fit in vehicles!!!

OC47150
02-24-2003, 07:31 AM
I think a simple figure in the fashion of the TIE pilot would be great for vehicles. No plastic tunic/shirt hanging under the belt either.

I did manage to get a cloaked Obi-Wan in the landspeeder but I had to trim his cloak just below the waist. You really can't see it when he's sitting.

Anakin kinda looks funny straddling the center column in his souped-up speeder.

dirtybones
02-24-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by kidhuman
What Hasbro needs to do is pack-in figures with ships. This way they can make them specifically for that reason. Otherwise just go back to nuetral poses.

This is really the only way to solve the issue. I had to hack up my Zam in order for her to fit in her ship! Why not have one that fits perfectly come with the speeder?

OC47150
02-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Does the sneak preview Zam fit any better in her speeder than the standard Zam figure?

dirtybones
02-25-2003, 10:43 AM
NO. Her legs are way to goofy for her to fit. I had to cut and super glue the one I have in the speeder. It looks great now, but the fact that I had to do all the hacking on her I did sucked.

mark2d2
02-25-2003, 12:52 PM
I think that having special pack-in figures would SERIOUSLY detract from me wanting the vehicles. For example ---- I totally want that new Genosian Fighter ----- but NOT if the only figure that fits inside is one of those ugly bug like aliens . . .

Jaff
02-28-2003, 09:07 PM
Every figure made from Luminari to Anakin (human sized) should have been sculpted to fit in every vehicle. How am I gonna play out the scene where Aalya and Kit Fisto hijack a republic gunship to get some Whoopie while yoda's cursing at them with his cane. I guess I can't because they can't fit in the cockpit. Hasbro your stunting my imagination!!!!!!!

mark2d2
03-05-2003, 08:00 PM
OC47150 --- your post about the TIE Pilot figures got me thinking . . .

As I had an extra of these with a VERY loose head (TIE INTERCEPTOR) I did a simple boil-n-pop swap with an outdated (no removable arm) Ponda Boba and now have a very cool Aqualish pilot that can pretty much fit into any ship.

For an added detail, I cut off the chest plate w/hoses from the helmet and glued this upside down on the flat back plate --- it fits perfectly --- and gives the figure that little extra pizzaz. The hoses now appear to disappear right into suit now and it looks pretty cool actually.

So, if you've got and extra TIE Pilot lying around --- get creative! The results can be spiffy indeed. And I am BY NO MEANS an expert at this sort of thing . . . .

OC47150
03-06-2003, 07:26 AM
I've experimented some with swapping heads. I've made a generic Bravo Squadron pilot using Ric Olie's body and the goateed head from the Endor Rebel trooper.

I'm going to make a straight-legged Obi-Wan using an extra Ep. 1 Obi-Wan body and an Ep. 2 head.

Other than the deluxe Anakin (chop-sockey Geo warrior deluxe version) Hasbro hasn't made one with fairly straight legs.

Mark2D2, I've wanted to make some Rogue Squadron pilots but the non-steroid bodies are kinda hard to come by. I'm waiting for the Rebel tech accessory set to come out before I complete a Rebel hanger diorama scene.

mark2d2
03-07-2003, 04:48 AM
Well, I must say that my Aqualish Pilot looks amazing. And --- added bonus --- I was playing around and discovered that Chewie's gas mask from the Mynock Hunt set fits Mr. Walrus Pilot perfectly and gives him the right "Star Wars" feel . . . especially since he can't find a decent helmet . . . :sur:

I can't wait for that Rebel Tech set myself and sure wish some pics of the other one with the CZ droid would show up so I can finally rest assured this long anticipated figure is being done justice.

InsaneJediGirl
03-21-2003, 03:40 PM
I have a question for Habro:How can they fit the figures inside the vehicles?Am I doing something wrong?I heard Hasbro said to use "gentle manuplation"..well,I have tried but it still doesnt work on some figures(I.E. Fitting Anakin in a speeder).

A bit off topic,but the only way I see figures fitting into some vehicles is like the episode of the Simpsons when Stan Lee smashes 'The Thing' into a Batmobile:D

Jargo
03-21-2003, 04:26 PM
I hear echoes of my old rants whispering to me.......... :zzz: All the figures need is ball jointed hips. soft rubber skirts not hard molded like on zam. They can do soft goods skirty bits because they'vve done it before and they'll do it again for mace Windu in the screen scene so why not do some basic figures of the characters with dual purpose rather than yawn scene/pose specific. And i still will never see the logic in making a pilot figure of jango and molding his backpack into the figure. All the other jango's had removable backpacks and the one that is desperately in need of it has it molded onto him. Hasbro are right up their own arse on that. Too many cooks spoiling the broth. That's what it is. one guy on legs, one guy on head, one guy on torso and arms. Then some other guy goes and massacres it all with no knowledge of the product he's working on by shoving an action feature in there. Way to go boys! I'm not advocating a resculpt of jango because we already have way too many of him thanks for that, but now we'll have to wait ten years before we get a proper pilot figure or at least one that'll do the bloody job it's supposed to. I mean you even managed to screw up and shove pout another jango in the deluxe line that won't fit the ship and has a permanent backpack and stupid missile firing feature. Not to mention that he's sculpted to hug something that looks like it belongs in an 'adult products' catalog.
Release the ship, and release a decent neutral figure to fot in the ship at the same time. No stupid poses, no stupid action features. no stupid need to mangle the toy to get it to squeeze into the vehicle. therefore making all the paint scrape off. Just a nice neutral posed figure with straight up and down legs and at ease arms with wrist articulation. A head with forward back articulation if the figure sits reclined in the ships seat. Soft goods or really soft rubber lower tunic or skirts. No facial rictus or grimace.

It cannot be hard to get these things right after so many damn years. If it aint broke don't fix it. ok?