PDA

View Full Version : Worst Movie Lines (merged)

Greyfolk
02-23-2003, 10:05 PM
What is the worst line in a movie that you can think of?

The first I'd think of is when Storm says: "What happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else."

No wit whatsoever, does she really say that in the comics?

derek
02-23-2003, 10:30 PM
how about........

"i wish i could wish my feelings away......."

darthvyn
02-23-2003, 10:32 PM
howzabout in the end of "blade" - it's dirty, so i have to censor it, but

"some ______ ______er's are always tryin to ice skate uphill..."

what the hell does that even MEAN!?

and, no, storm never said anything like that in the comics, neither did blade. so far, the only comic movie that didn't make me slap my forehead at at least one point was "spider-man."

Kidhuman
02-24-2003, 12:27 AM
How about "You had me at hello"

JediTricks
02-24-2003, 01:52 AM
If Storm hadn't said "The same thing that happens to everything else", that would have been a totally killer movie line, but that second sentence ruined it.

Can I nominate an entire film as the worst line? Because if so, I'm gonna have to say "Forrest Gump". :D

2-1B
02-24-2003, 02:33 AM
Luke's scream as he falls into Bespin's abyss.

Pendo
02-24-2003, 07:14 AM
one word: "Yipieee"

:mad:

PENDO!

Eternal Padawan
02-24-2003, 08:56 AM
The Relic Penelope Whatshername walks into the room right after the monster has vivisected her mentor/father figure and covered the entire room in his entrails. She screams and Tom Sizemore offers up a lame "I'm sorry.":rolleyes:

Fulit
02-24-2003, 11:18 AM
I wanted to shoot myself when Arnold Schwarznegger played Mr. Freeze in that terrible Batman movie and said, "It's time to chill" or some similar quip. Then when I realized I was at the dollar theater watching this crap, I wanted to shoot myself more.

Darth Jax
02-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Starship Troopers is full of em (just 2 examples here):
It says it's afraid - as uttered by Doogie Howser
I can die now, I had you.

wedgeA
02-24-2003, 10:14 PM
"It's not about the numbers, it's whats in here that counts."- Ahnuld from Eraser.

"He fights like a monkey!"- The Quest

"You lose, Carl Miller!" and "Where's the Doctor?!"- "Bruce Lee" in Game of Death

Anakin2121
02-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Batman & Robin: "In all the universe, there is only one absolute --everything freezes!" --Ahnuld as Mr. Freeze :rolleyes:

And I guess the line from the end of Blade meant that people are always trying to be the best but can't, or something. :)

Prince Xizor
02-25-2003, 08:16 PM
Ugh, that line at the end of Blade was HORRIBLE. What a stupid thing to say.

BlahBlahBlah
02-25-2003, 08:59 PM
I love that line!

They talk about it on the commentary on the DVD. Apparently it wasn't in the script, it came up during one of the meetings while talking about Frost's character. I think it was Wesley Snipes who said something like "So this M. F.er's always trying to ice skate uphill?"

As for bad lines-- When I saw Spider-Man, I cringed when the Green Goblin screamed "We'll meet again, Spider-Man!"

Prince Xizor
02-25-2003, 09:50 PM
I just saw Daredevil recently and there was one line that struck me as rather cheesy. When Daredevil is standing over the criminal that is laying on the railroad tracks just as the train is coming, he says something like "That light, at the end of the tunnel, that ain't God." I thought that line was damn cool, but then he added something very stupid. "It's the C Train!" It ruined the whole thing. Not unlike, the toad line in X-Men.

12inch Lando
02-26-2003, 03:20 AM
Daredevil. At the end of the movie the reporter writes and then deletes his tell all story about our superhero. He walks into the street, looks up and spys Daredevil and... ruins what could have been a really cool scene by saying "Go get em'" or somthing to that effect. A simple knowing nod, a subtle salute or a tip of the cap would have been much more effective. Go get em? Just stupid.

Eternal Padawan
02-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Capt. Kirk in Generations: "It was...fun."

JediTricks
02-26-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Capt. Kirk in Generations: "It was...fun." And the scary part is, that was part of the reshoot of that scene to make it better!

wedgeA
02-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Capt. Kirk in Generations: "It was...fun."

Wow, I actually liked that line a lot. I thought it was very effective because it was minimalist, but at the same time managed to capture Shatner's hammy bravado one last time.

Still, I still think the final image of Kirk should have been on the bridge in ST6. In a perfect world...

QLD
02-26-2003, 08:49 PM
I don't like sand......it's course and rough.....not like you.....

12inch Lando
02-27-2003, 03:41 AM
And to believe that line actually worked. Padme is just that damn easy.:rolleyes:

Imperial Monarche
02-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by 12inch Lando
And to believe that line actually worked. Padme is just that damn easy.:rolleyes:

no, when obi-wan says something bout how he hopes that anakin doesn't do anything stupid and captain typho responds, "I'm more worried about what she's going to do." when anakin and padme are leaving, makes padme look real easy.

how about "Show me the money!" that has to be the most over rated movie line.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-19-2003, 05:35 PM
My vote is for about every line in Independence Day. The absolute worst is from Randy Quaid: I guess I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.

darthvyn
03-19-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
My vote is for about every line in Independence Day. The absolute worst is from Randy Quaid: I guess I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.

but in airlplane, it's awesome...

"looks like i picked the wrong week to quit smoking..."

"looks like i picked the wrong week to quit drinking..."

"looks like i picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines..."

"looks like i picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue..."

LTBasker
03-19-2003, 08:29 PM
[some chick runs onto Padme's bed like it's slumber party and says gleefully] Are you alright m'lady? :crazed:

Any m'lady line from AOTC, any Anakin line from TPM and any line about love from Anakin and Padme in AOTC.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-20-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
[some chick runs onto Padme's bed like it's slumber party and says gleefully] Are you alright m'lady? :crazed:

Any m'lady line from AOTC, any Anakin line from TPM and any line about love from Anakin and Padme in AOTC.

How about a nightmare combination of all three?

"I'm haunted by the kiss you should not have given me, M'Lady." :kiss:

JON9000
03-29-2003, 12:47 PM
HA! See you later, In di an a JONES! (cringe).

But I was going to the Toshi Station to pick up some power converters!!!

Deoxyribonucleic
03-29-2003, 01:06 PM
"They treat us like.....CRUD!"

Ripley from Alien3

Oooooo I despised that line. There's NO WAY Ripley would EVER say the word "CRUD!" Come on already! In that simple sentence all great acts she had achieved prior, eg: "blow the gawddamn thing out of the air lock" and save humanity not once, but twice (aliens), have been blown out of the gawddamn airlock!

Can I also just mention that I despise NASCAR! Any line uttered on a Nascar show really sux! :o

Tonysmo
03-30-2003, 04:52 AM
EP1 - " I don't know " - Qui Gon

EP1 - " I'm not sure.." - Qui Gon

cmon.. NASCAR ROCKS!! Boogity Boogity BOOGITY!

jeddah
03-31-2003, 10:19 AM
"Yeah, bishop should go" - or any line by him in the movie

Anything Heather Langenkamp utters in ANOES

Most of Heather Donohue's lines in Blair Witchery

jeddah

JON9000
03-31-2003, 01:27 PM
Awww, man, Hudson's lines are great! Hey, not me , man! Hey, with those things running around? You can count me out? Is this going to be a stnd up fight, SIR, or another bug hunt?

And the all time greatest: Game over, man, game over!

mini-rock
06-08-2003, 12:31 PM
I watched Air Force One last night with my parents (they hadn't seen it yet). Anyway there is this part in the movie when the President (Harrison Ford ) says "If you give a mouse a cookie" then Glen Close says "He's gonna want a glass of milk" and as much as I enjoy this movie, this one part just makes me cringe everytime. That's the dumbest frikkin thing I have heard! I actually feel sorry for the actors having to say those lines. Are there worse? I'm sure there are, but it's hard to imagine two worse lines than these.

Pendo
06-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Check out this thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17942&). There are some pretty awful lines in there :).

PENDO!

mini-rock
06-08-2003, 01:11 PM
Ahhhh! Cool, thanks Pendo. Reading all the posts I didn't think any of those came close to the lines in AF1. There were some good ones though.

The 'Xir
06-09-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Lando In My Pants
I don't like sand......it's course and rough.....not like you.....

Sorry to be nit-picky, but the line is..: "I don't like sand... it's corse and rough, and it get's everywhere... {not like here} where everything is soft.... and..smooth".

Originally posted by Imperial Monarche no, when obi-wan says something bout how he hopes that anakin doesn't do anything stupid and captain typho responds, "I'm more worried about what she's going to do."

Ben-- "I sure hope he doesn't do anything foolish"
Typho-- "I'd be more worried about her doing something than him!"

aceguide
06-09-2003, 12:09 PM
"Let me out of the cah Cole, let me out of the cah"