PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln - Douglas. Nixon - Kennedy. Hussein - Bush ? ? ?



2-1B
02-24-2003, 02:38 PM
So . . . Dan Rather finished his interview with Sadaam today . . . and Rather reported that Sadaam has challenged Bush to an international debate in the style of U.S. Presidential Debates . . .

So uh, as soon as they create the proper Smilie to show how goofy this is, I'll come back and edit it into this post.

For now, this will have to do - :crazed:

Fulit
02-24-2003, 02:52 PM
Can we just put the both of them in a capsule and send them to the Sun?

The Overlord Returns
02-24-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
So . . . Dan Rather finished his interview with Sadaam today . . . and Rather reported that Sadaam has challenged Bush to an international debate in the style of U.S. Presidential Debates . . .

So uh, as soon as they create the proper Smilie to show how goofy this is, I'll come back and edit it into this post.

For now, this will have to do - :crazed:

There is no Emoticon for what I am feeling!!!!!!!

QLD
02-24-2003, 07:19 PM
As long as they assassinate him when he shows up.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-24-2003, 07:57 PM
I believe the word you're looking for is "confusionality." :rolleyes:

Locked box, locked box...

stillakid
02-24-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
So . . . Dan Rather finished his interview with Sadaam today . . . and Rather reported that Sadaam has challenged Bush to an international debate in the style of U.S. Presidential Debates . . .

So uh, as soon as they create the proper Smilie to show how goofy this is, I'll come back and edit it into this post.

For now, this will have to do - :crazed:

Wow. What a concept. Bush can't speak without a script from his own bosses and if Iraq's Foreign Minister is any indication of how Huessen would speak, then I'd actually pay real money to see this circus. There just isn't enough honest to goodness genuine entertainment anymore. :p

Can Heraldo Rivera be the mediator? Does he have a contract with FOX?

Kidhuman
02-24-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
Can Heraldo Rivera be the mediator? Does he have a contract with FOX?

I believe he does have a contract with FOx. He is plastered all over there news shows. He should be the mediator so we can see him get hit with another chair.:D

JediTricks
02-24-2003, 08:17 PM
These 2 seem like they have so little in common on personal and geopolitical beliefs that it'd be interesting but totally fruitless since each would be confident the other "lost" the debate. Still, an interesting idea that dares to take the concepts of human civility to new levels... did I say "human civility"? I meant "human comedy". :D

mabudonicus
02-25-2003, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I thought "FOX head of state boxing" when I heard of it, too... it'd be freakin HILARIOUS, I imagine, I'm gonna be riffing on the concept all day at work now.......
The hype alone would be incredible... I really do hope it happens, I'd tape the thing for sure...
It could well be, too, since "operation indefinite timetable" is making CNN scramble for a war that they've no doubt been making chromakeys and graphics for forever (well, since the early 90's, anyways, and certainly since 2001)
Man, now I'm all stoked, I'd way rather see the whole situation end in a crazy series of overhyped, inconclusive and no doubt hysterical debates than a poorly justified neo-colonial war ANYDAY!!!
BRING ON THE DEBATE!!! Our PM Jean Chretien could moderate, if you know the man's style, you'll understand how this could only make it funnier....
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The Overlord Returns
02-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by mabudon
BRING ON THE DEBATE!!! Our PM Jean Chretien could moderate, if you know the man's style, you'll understand how this could only make it funnier....
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Funny thing is, even with his heavy french accent and partially paralyzed mouth, Chretien still speaks more eloquently than the other two combined....;)

scruffziller
02-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
As long as they assassinate him when he shows up.

It will be a double.

Old Fossil
02-25-2003, 08:27 PM
Saddam hasn't had a real debate with a living human being since he was an up and coming officer in the Iraqi military. I mean, who's going to honestly debate a guy with his hand on a pistol?

derek
02-25-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
Saddam hasn't had a real debate with a living human being since he was an up and coming officer in the Iraqi military. I mean, who's going to honestly debate a guy with his hand on a pistol?

good point. a debate was a really funny idea, seeing how sadam actually murdered his way into power. i guess it would be his first debate.:confused: ;)

QLD
02-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Well, it's awfully hard to win a debate with a bullet. :crazed:

JediTricks
02-26-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
Saddam hasn't had a real debate with a living human being since he was an up and coming officer in the Iraqi military. I mean, who's going to honestly debate a guy with his hand on a pistol? The guy with his hand on the "Nuke 'Em" button, perhaps? :D