PDA

View Full Version : SAGA ESB 25th Anniversary 2-packs?

Jerjerrod
02-25-2003, 12:41 PM
In the tradition of the POTJ ANH 25th anniversary 2-packs, will we see 3 more devoted to ESB in 2005 with the same kind of packaging? If they do, what sort of 2-packs would you like to see? Here are my choices:

1. C-3PO and R2-D2: Hoth Hangar background, posed with his hand leaning on R2's dome. Both must be good new sculpts.

2. Luke in Dagobah Gear and Yoda: Dagobah background, which sees Luke with one arm out trying to use the force to pull the X-wing out of the swamp, while Yoda watches with hope.

3. Chewie and Leia with Han in Carbonite lying on the ground: Carbon Freezing Chamber background, with Leia under Chewie's arm, as they both stare at the just-frozen Han in Carbonite.

Let's see some other ideas and thoughts. :)

mark2d2
02-25-2003, 12:46 PM
Those are three great ideas. Especially the Carbonite Scene idea. Hands down the best scene of all in the ENTIRE sago IMOP.

My only note is that the Hoth Artoo should have that little rotating sensor disk thing . . .

TheDarthVader
02-25-2003, 12:55 PM
R2 should also have removable "snow" from where it bonks him on the top of his dome. Other scenes:
1. Vader choking Ozzel
2. Vader and Veers
3. Med. chamber vader w/ holo palpatine
4. C-3po and recovering Luke (after wampa attack)
5. (everyone has mentioned) luke and leia looking out at the stars in medical frigate fatigues (this one would be awesome)

jedi-cpa
02-25-2003, 01:24 PM
Would be A platform which clamps together with

Dengar and 4-LOM
Bossk and Zuckuss
and then
IG88 and Boba.

but I do like R2 and 3po n the snow

What about lando kissing Leia's hand
Han and Leia kissing.

ESB is chock full of great stuff, but many scenes would involve 3 figs (vader Lando Boba) (Han Leia Chewy with 3po in tow)

pegger
02-25-2003, 02:04 PM
I'd like to see:

Chewie (with C3PO on his back) choking Lando (whose on his knees)

Rogue II
02-25-2003, 02:18 PM
Good ideas so far.

Originally posted by jedi-cpa
Would be A platform which clamps together with

Dengar and 4-LOM
Bossk and Zuckuss
and then
IG88 and Boba.

I thought there was a rumor of a bounty hunter/Vader screen scene set coming out at one point. I wonder what happened to that.

DarkArtist
02-25-2003, 03:15 PM
How about a Dagobah scene with Luke and Yoda where Yoda is explaining the Force to Luke with a super articulated Luke that can stand up as well as sit.

Love the Chewbacca chocking Lando scene, throw in Leia for good measure as well.

Most likely we'll see a Luke and Vader set probalby using the same two saga figures already released.

Hoth Wampa cave with Luke dangling from the ice ceiling, A super articulated wampa chewing on the Tauntaun bone and the base could have the Tauntaun skelton lying on the ground.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2003, 04:26 PM
Darth vs. Luke, when they ignite their sabers, is a must. The 2002 Bespin Luke is too bloody and sweaty for the first part of the duel.
C-3PO and R2-D2 on Hoth sounds good, as has been said.
Lando and Leia meeting on Bespin sounds good. Bespin Escape Lando is awesome, but preposed in a way he shouldn't be (he didn't have his cape when he was running), and Hoth Leia is out of scale (I think).

Whether or not this will happen, I don't know.

jjreason
02-25-2003, 04:50 PM
Well the three main environments would be Hoth, Dagobah and Bespin. The ideas above are great, but the sets I think would be two figures, and I wouldn't want dupes in the sets (so Luke Dagobah, and Luke Bespin shouldn't both be in IMO).

Hoth - R2 w 3PO outside the blast door.
Dagobah - Luke w Yoda on back
Bespin - Leia and Han in binders, strapped on the freezing bed.

Oh, and they'd have to look nice, but can't be able to stand up or hold their weapons. :D

Dr Zoltar
02-25-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by pegger
I'd like to see:

Chewie (with C3PO on his back) choking Lando (whose on his knees)

Sweet! I'd buy this one in a heartbeat!

Hellboy
02-25-2003, 06:10 PM
Most everything has been covered but I'd like to see Darth Vader in his meditation chamber while speaking to General Veers about their planned invasion. :)

Rogue II
02-25-2003, 07:04 PM
I seriously doubt any ESB set will be "super articulated."

If you look at the POTJ 25th Anniv. Sets, while quite nice, aren't articulated, so I will assume any future Anniv. Set will also be pre-posed statues.

Jerjerrod
02-25-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Set will also be pre-posed statues.

...but very detailed, good-looking statues.

Too bad we have to wait 2 years to see these. Ooops, we're talking like it's gonna hapen for sure. :p

cassanova frankensti
02-26-2003, 10:10 AM
The ANH 2-packs did not sell well. They are still not moving even after deep discounting. Dont expect Hasbro to make more of them for any reason, even a meaningless anniversarry year.

stillakid
02-26-2003, 10:18 AM
ESB Anniversary Sets are a great idea!

Although it technically would only have just one figure, I'd like to see Vader kneeling in front of a hologram of the Emperor.

Also I've always loved the image of Chewy howling as the big doors are closed on Hoth.

mtriv73
02-26-2003, 10:34 AM
This would be a great fan club exclusive (if they can ever get the store going again.) That way they could make exactly the number ordered and they wouldn't be clogging shelves.