PDA

View Full Version : paint quality question of TF Darth

manji
02-25-2003, 03:24 PM
I have my Toy Fare Darth Vader opened and diplayed on my computer desk. I didn't notice it when I first opened him, but recently I've noticed that the paint on one of his legs and one of his arms has becomed tacky to the touch. Not only that, but it doesn't seem to be as "shiny" either. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concerned about the shelf-life of this figure?

Lord Malakite
02-25-2003, 04:29 PM
I can't help you on that one. My Toy Fair Vader is carded.

Turbowars
02-25-2003, 09:10 PM
A wonder how many collectors opened this guy. Mine is carded and then its in a acrylic case. I have my Silver R2 opened though and he's fine. Maybe you touched him with something on your hands.:confused:

manji
02-25-2003, 09:45 PM
No, I'm quite certain my hands were perfectly clean when I opened him because I washed them right beforehand. Since I've displayed him, I have only handled him once or twice. I've afraid his going to turn colors just like some of my vintage figures. I also have the silver R2 opened, and his color seems to be a shinier, better-looking silver than the Darth. I wonder why they didn't use the same color for both.

Turbowars
02-25-2003, 10:24 PM
Oh yeah, the silver on R2 is alot more shinier. Is the silver on vader cracking? One thing for sure is to keep him out of the sun light. Very strange.

Turbowars
02-25-2003, 10:24 PM
Oh yeah, the silver on R2 is alot more shinier. Is the silver on vader cracking? One thing for sure is to keep him out of the sun light. Very strange.

jjreason
02-26-2003, 02:35 AM
Oh yeah, the silver on the R2 is alot more shinier. Is the silver on vader cracking? One thing for sure is to keep him out of the sun light. Very strange.

;)

Sorry for your luck, manji. The last thing in the world any of us would want is some urge to go and dig up another one of those damned things. With any luck, he's fine and you won't have to worry.