PDA

View Full Version : was ephantmon cancelled?

reebo1
02-25-2003, 05:58 PM
I've been looking for Ephant mon for months now with no luck. anybody see him on a peg lately?:evil:

Dr Zoltar
02-25-2003, 06:33 PM
Well he does exist because I have one. But it never showed up on the pegs at my local toy stores. I had to buy one on the secondary market. It ran me $15, but the supplier had it shipped up from Oregon, so I don't feel too ripped off. I took the chance that I'd never see one at retail.

Jaff
02-25-2003, 08:42 PM
My wife found me one for christmas, and I've been searching for a carded fig for two months up here in NY, but I have yet to see him ever on a shelf. I might have to get him on the secondary market before they jack up his price. good luck finding him.

12inch Lando
02-25-2003, 09:05 PM
My girlfriend found 2 at KB before Christmas.

Turbowars
02-25-2003, 09:17 PM
Hell who knows. Hasbro doesn't know what they are doing, so how would we know. I found 2 at a K-mart and they were pretty beat up. I have heard of reports of finding them still, so hopefuly they are still shipping

BoShek
02-25-2003, 09:42 PM
I have never seen one!

Banthaholic
02-25-2003, 10:04 PM
I remember when I first found Ephant (I was lucky to find a momc) some one here razed me for waiting to find another to open and not opening him.
Well I've seen him 5-6 times since but never (momc). So I'm glad I used my common sense.

Although on a positive note, this might be the first fan choice that doesn't peg-warm...

aharry
02-25-2003, 10:20 PM
I have only seen one on a peg and I bought it. Was actually looking for something else completely and just checked Star Wars by chance. Just like the Swimming Jar Jar I found once on clearance at TRU for $1.97, it seems when I'm actually not looking for Star Wars stuff is when I find the rarities.

gsr-jedi
02-26-2003, 12:31 AM
I've seen a couple of times, once a KayBee had four of them.

JangoFart
02-26-2003, 12:42 AM
I've actually seen quite a few here in Oklahoma and even a handful in Mississippi. But, they are never there when I've been to the same store the next day.

I lucked into mine pretty much right after they came out. I found one of the first variants on a great card. Nearly every other one I've seen on the pegs had some fairly major damage to the card or bubble.

Perhaps they were short-packed in cases due to the size of this monstrosity. I've never seen a case break down of the Ephant wave, actually, so I may have just made that up :) But, something has kept them off the pegs, that's for sure.

My main complaint is finding anything from the Padme wave forward. All stores are chopping their Star Wars space to a 10th of what they were allocating. It's pretty much a safe bet that if you haven't found Ephant by now, you probably won't. Same for anything that's not a Palpatine, Jango FB, or Mace Arena. Those darn things haunt me in my dreams, I've seen so many.

J

James Boba Fettfield
02-26-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by JangoFart
Same for anything that's not a Palpatine, Jango FB, or Mace Arena. Those darn things haunt me in my dreams, I've seen so many.

Ha ha, I was just at Target today and those were the only guys they had. It makes me laugh.

Well, in restrospect it actually makes me sad.

kool-aid killer
02-26-2003, 07:15 AM
Too many stinking Jangos. I havent seen an Ephant man but am sure that i will eventually find him. I just hope that Hasbro doesnt send out too many to the point where he warms the pegs forever. At a Walmart over here, there is at least 20 of the first fan choice figure (the blue alien space pilot, his name escapes me right now) still hanging around.

robman71
02-26-2003, 09:05 AM
I have only seen this once at target about a month ago at a Target, of course I bought it even though the card was a little bent up. However with a bubble as big as this one, I'm surprised it was in such good shape.

dirtybones
02-26-2003, 09:20 AM
I've never seen him on the pegs here in M.N. I had to get mine from a mom & pops store. I'm looking to score a second, I had to open the first for my diorama so I'm in the same boat as far as looking for him to be in stores. Good hunting reebo1.

Kidhuman
02-26-2003, 09:30 AM
Never seen one either. I got one from a friend who mailed it to me. I have been to about 5 different stores and never seen one. I would still buy them if I saw one. You might want to check the trade, buy sell forums for one if you need it.

cassanova frankensti
02-26-2003, 10:05 AM
After months of fruitless searching in mid-January I found 2 Ephant Mons at a WalMart. I bought one and left the other for someone lucky. I think that they a) did not make as many EMs as other figures and b) stores dont want to order and stock the case that EM comes in because its like one EM and a whole box of Jar Jar Senators, Peasant Anakin and the same old Jango thats been clogging shelves for months, Another bastich which was hard to find was the deluxe Clonetrooper. I think he has been released in appropriate numbers but hes both an arumy-builder and extremely cool, so I think people are just getting multiples and buying him out immediately wherever he is put out. I was lucky to pick up two of those at another Wal MArt.

mtriv73
02-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Hasbro has to know that people are screaming for Ephant mon. I hope they rerelease him with later waves. The problem may lie in the fact that other fan's choice figures (Duros and Amanaman) are still warming pegs (at least at the TRU where I live.) They may have scaled back production since only hard core collectors would want a figure with 3 seconds of screen time.

JediDan
02-26-2003, 11:32 AM
I have never ever seen a Ephant Mon in a store. However I did find 2 at a online store for only $9.99 each. They shipped in great shape, no bubble damage but just a little card wrinkle which is SO common with the cheap cardboard the figures ship on now. Thankfully my search is over with for Ephant Mon. :D

Vortex
02-26-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by mtriv73
Hasbro has to know that people are screaming for Ephant mon. I hope they rerelease him with later waves. The problem may lie in the fact that other fan's choice figures (Duros and Amanaman) are still warming pegs (at least at the TRU where I live.) They may have scaled back production since only hard core collectors would want a figure with 3 seconds of screen time.

I'm not positive on this, but if you check the Entertainment website or any of the other suppliers of full case assortments, you'll notice that he's not listed in any future case assortment.

I have a sinking gut feeling that we may have seen the last of him, especially since we have new cards for 03, and the clone wars figures are estimated for the last half of the year...then again we are getting rehashed teebo, eeth, han, leia, and maul on new cards, so there might still be a chance, but for the bulk of this year, its not looking too good.

Unless the fan club does another blow out like it did with the at-at driver, leia, pote, ree-yees, and death star trooper, the odds of finding mon again look very slim. He was only packed 2 per case, and its obivious that most retailers didn't pre-order a lot of this case since the rest of the assortment was nothing more than peg warmers...

I managed to get my 2, from a friend who owns a little toy shop, but I never seen him at any major retailer.

SNAYSON
02-26-2003, 03:09 PM
i have never seen him on the pegs. oh well, i can't dwell on it. someday i'll find one.

mm74md
03-06-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by SNAYSON
i have never seen him on the pegs. oh well, i can't dwell on it. someday i'll find one.

I've never seen him on a peg either. I've seen him on the way to the checkout line in someone else's hands at a TRU last Christmas season. If I would have just skipped lunch I would have had him then! :cry:

I was lucky enough to find someone who had a damaged card EM here on SSG that traded him for 2 Fan Club Stormtroopers.

He is damaged, but he isn't coming out of that bubble! Unless I come across him at another store (yeah right!)

jpak001
03-06-2003, 09:46 AM
I've seen two at TRU (on seperate occasions) Once right around X-mas, and the second a few months later. They were both pretty beat-up.

I imagine a MOMC one must be extremely hard to come by 'cause of the size and weight of the figure, coupled with the rarity of it.

droidekas2
03-06-2003, 11:30 AM
I have never seen him anywhere at any store. I preordered mine awhile back and got 2 of him, luckily.

Patient Zero
03-06-2003, 11:56 AM
I found them once back in November. Straight out of the box at a Walmart early in the morning. Haven't seen them since though.

JEDIpartner
03-06-2003, 11:57 AM
Ephant was, I think, the only new figure in the in which he debuted. People didn't want to get saddled with all of the "old" tired pegwarmers, so they didn't order as many cases. Stupid Hasblah!

Anyhow... I have one and saw another the other day at a K-mart. I hope they DO start packing more of him in an upcoming wave... It's just tough for them to put him in the standard shipping crate because his bubble is so bloody huge!