PDA

View Full Version : New Unleashed Figures

mm74md
02-26-2003, 07:47 AM
Hasbro's Site (http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=107)

I don't care what others say...I love all the Unleashed figures!

Emperors_Hand_2211
02-26-2003, 08:27 AM
Sidous is nice. Might have to get that.

jpak001
02-26-2003, 09:30 AM
Sweeet! That Sidious IS awesome! Personally I love all of the unleashed figures so far, but this Sidious just takes the cake! Can't wait to score 'em.

Looks like that Obi-wan is going to go very well with the Mace, Anakin & Padme figures too. I like how they're going along with the ATOC arena theme for them. Great job Hasbro!

12inch Lando
02-26-2003, 09:48 AM
I was onboard the Unleashed bandwagon since they first hit. I'm really into them. The new Sidious and Obi-Wan look sweet. The new Luke has been the only Unleshed figure that I didn't really like the first time I saw it. I guess I'll have to stare at it a while in the toy aisle before I make up my mind.:)

mm74md
02-26-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by 12inch Lando
The new Luke has been the only Unleshed figure that I didn't really like the first time I saw it. I guess I'll have to stare at it a while in the toy aisle before I make up my mind.:)

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that. The figure itself looks cool...I'm hoping that green saber streak thing detaches like the Darth Maul red swirly thing.

12inch Lando
02-26-2003, 09:51 AM
You know... I'm looking at the Unleashed Luke fig. and I'd like to know it the blue and green highlights on Lukes body is from lighting for the photo or actually in the plastic. You have to click on the pic at the link given above to really see what I'm talking about. Anyone know the answer to this?:confused:

HkChicago
02-26-2003, 10:05 AM
Darth Sidious is great, right up there with Anakin for best looking "crazy style" unleashed. I still like Darth Tyrannus as the best one, but I've had it for a few months so I can see it from many angles, etc.

Obi-Wan is cool, but what's up with the unfeatured bases? Unleashed year 1 had some cool bases. Here Sidious is cool (made up for by all the lightning/cloth detail), but Luke and Obi bases = bad.

Kidhuman
02-26-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by 12inch Lando
You know... I'm looking at the Unleashed Luke fig. and I'd like to know it the blue and green highlights on Lukes body is from lighting for the photo or actually in the plastic. You have to click on the pic at the link given above to really see what I'm talking about. Anyone know the answer to this?:confused:

I dunno. I went back and looked at the other pic from the clone wars pics and it has the same thing.

I think the Sidious looks cool. I am not to crazy about the Luke though. It looks ok but something about it is cheesy. I guess I too will look at it first in the toy aisle. The Obi-Wan looks pretty good too.

LTBasker
02-26-2003, 10:53 AM
Luke - Stupid, not even a micromachine figure would be in scale with that frickin base which is supposed to be the DSII walkway.

Palpatine (ugh, why call him Sidious? there's still one movie left :rolleyes:, just call him Emperor Palpatine) - He's an interesting figure, and if it wasn't for the Marilyn Monroe cloak thing he'd be perfect. A waving cloak would be interesting for him, but that's too much.

Obi-Wan - Looks dumb, not only does he have his regular lightsaber but his cloak as well, and yet he's supposed to be on Geonosis? Certainly looks that way from the base, plus it looks like he's trying to cut a dredlock off. Wouldn't have made more sense to give him a rainy Kamino pad base to put with Kidnapper Jango?

If I find Palpy on clearance I may get him, but above $10 for an old guy imitating Marilyn Monroe...no.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-26-2003, 11:03 AM
Well, technically, we could say that Manson is ripping off Sidious due to the fact that he was well before that crazy lunatic mason, LTBasker. ;)

Just more unleashed figures i'll be picking up. I've loved the whole since so far and these are no exceptions. With all the great SW stuff and Mcfarlane's movie lines and the simpsons and LOTR, 2003 is the year i get a 2nd job and donate that extra kidney. :D

Greyfolk
02-26-2003, 12:43 PM
I don't normally like Unleashed but I really like the way Darth Sideous one looks.

Nice.

TheDarthVader
02-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Sidious- the cape was overdone but other than that...cool
Kenobi--a little boring
Skywalker- interesting, but whats with the big green streak?

That is my opinion on these figures.

Darth Evil
02-26-2003, 01:01 PM
I only have one Unleashed so far (Darth Tyranus), they're rare and very expensive here. But it looks like I'll be getting that Sidious, he looks really cool.

187-Maul
02-26-2003, 02:50 PM
I like them:)

Darth Sidous looks great, his face looks very similar to Emp. Palpatine's, very good likeness and his pose is great too, just as I had hoped (although the cape maybe is a bit too much but not that bad) luckily they have him his force lightning

I have already said that I really like the Jedi Luke and I'll definitly pick him up too, very cool IMO

Obi-Wan looks cool but IMO he's just a boring character and I'm not that interested in him so I'll leave him on the pegs, but the fig still looks good

overall the Unleashed line looks very promising this year, now give us a Stormtrooper, Clonetrooper and OT Boba Fett and I'm happy:D

BTW they didn't say what figs will be showed next, I hope they won't take a break with showing previews of new figs:(

Beast
02-26-2003, 03:16 PM
Luke Skywalker - Yawn. But then I'm not a huge Luke fan. He's overly posed artsy-fartsy with his long lightsaber snot trail. On par with "Ballerina Maul" in my opinon. :)

Darth Sidious - Face it LTBasker, it's Darth Sidious. While Palpatine may be his public and more well known name, he is Darth Sidious. Great looking Unleashed figure. :)

Obi-Wan - Not a huge Obi-Wan fan either. The pose is less dynamic then most of the line. He does look very good though. I would have thought they would do a Kamino rain battle version to sort of go along with Jango. :)

187-Maul, No Stormie or Clonie on the way yet. But Boba is one of the Unleashed figures supposedly on the way from the retailer lists. I posted what he's rumored to look like in another thread. But supposedly he'll be somewhat EU, flying out of the Sarlaac's mouth with his blaster rifle firing. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
02-26-2003, 05:13 PM
Luke Skywalker - it's growing on me and I too hope the saber trail is detachable.

Obi-Wan - I like this one. Sure its a little more subtle than the standard Unleashed pose but it represents the character well. Now if we could only get a standard Saga figure that looks like that.

Darth Sidious - Looks great :eek: I wasn't sure how this one would turn out and am very pleased with the final results. IMO the cape doesn't seem to be overdone. It kinda reminds me of the way Storm from the X-Men looks when kickin up a lightning burst. :)

I agree with you 187-Maul about the need for some form of Imperial trooper whether it be a Clonetrooper or a Stormtrooper I don't care because I'd be happy with either. :)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-26-2003, 06:49 PM
I would have preferred an Alec Guinnness Obi-Wan. Darth Sidious is awesome!

Bent Wookie
02-26-2003, 07:57 PM
I would have preferred an Alec Guinnness Obi-Wan. Darth Sidious is awesome!

All good things... ;)

And here I was about to come to post why haven't we seen the Unleashed pics yet... :p

These look awesome in my opinion, but I'm like the poster child for the unleashed line so far. Love every single one of 'em! I'll try to be objective though in my comments.

Luke--not my favorite, but he's definately growing on me. I like the "artsy" approach since it's so far removed from Hasbro's usual fare. It's supposed to be an interpretation, and as that I sort of expect a little creative license. The base could be bigger though. Not loving that part as much. I like the lightsaber trail. Conveys motion.

Sidious--I sort of expected this look but he's actually the one I'm least impressed with right now. The force lightning is nice but a little overdone. Almost looks like he's being engulfed in silly string. :D Would've liked a throne base or at least in the background of the base. The ultimate would be his throne and a detailed view from the Death Star window of the outside battle in the background. That would've rocked!! Still could (hint, hint Hasbro). I still like his overall look and the robes flaying like that look very nice. I'll buy. :cool:

Obi-Wan--Not what I expected. Kind of saw him coming with the pike he attacked the Acklay with or after the battle with a broken, dead Acklay lying at his feet. That would've looked nice. But I have to admit, I still like the calm, steady look he has. Shows his personality very well. Also has that "classic" Star Wars touch. Very classy and a very nice addition to the line.

Ok, I've got to put in my two cents here on how I think the Boba Fett should look. Armor damaged but still intact, Boba flying out of the jaws of the Sarlac, burst of fire from his booster pack, a lone tentacle snapped out to drag him back in, and Boba looking back, blasting the tentacle with his rifle. Wouldn't that just look incredible!

Ok I pictured it AA, make it so! :D

Bent

hango fett
02-26-2003, 08:00 PM
i just have 1 question...is that sidious a thing to come or is itactually a wigged out emperor palpy from ROTJ? if thats actually sidious, i bet we see him do something like that to yoda in EIII.
h

Beast
02-26-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
i just have 1 question...is that sidious a thing to come or is itactually a wigged out emperor palpy from ROTJ? if thats actually sidious, i bet we see him do something like that to yoda in EIII.
h
They are artistic interpretations of the charecters, not entirely based off of actual scenes from the movies. Besides, since Darth Sidious is Emperor Palpatine, it doesn't really matter what they call him. He's never referred to as Emperor Palpatine in the original movies anyway, If I recall correctly. But yes, the figure and scene are semi-based on The Emperor from ROTJ. Due to the dark side lightning, not to mention the stairs and window from the Emperor's Throne Room making up the base. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

halcon orlus
02-26-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
I would have preferred an Alec Guinnness Obi-Wan.

Yeah! same here.

And since when is Luke a goth ribbon dancer? That looks...silly.

Turbowars
02-26-2003, 10:43 PM
I love them all. I'm happy to say that because I have never liked all the figures in one line before. Alec as a Unleashed? I don't think so, I can just see Alec with a walker with his cloak in the wind, but since Hasbro isn't making these, anything can happen.

Jayspawn
02-26-2003, 10:44 PM
I really like the Unleashed Obi-Wan. I'm definatly getting that one. Luke and Sidious look pretty neat, I'll wait to see those in person.

bobafrett
02-26-2003, 11:27 PM
I like all the new unleashed figures, heck I like all the unleashed series, some more than others, but the Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine is awesome! I just goy my Leia last week and those are my top two at the moment. Keep up this line Hasbro, you may just win a few fans back!

Now get out there and get me an unleashed Stormtrooper!!!!

mini-rock
02-26-2003, 11:40 PM
Cool! Looks like I started collecting the Unleashed figures at the right time.:D

187-Maul
02-27-2003, 07:25 AM
BTW I just wanted to add that *if* anybody still doesn't believe that Palpatine is in fact Darth Sidious, the filename for the pic at hasbro is "Palpatine-unleashed_lg.jpg"

hango fett
02-27-2003, 07:56 AM
ok...thanks for clearing that up, JJB. that would be awsome if that happened in EIII thoguh....see my avatar! i love that sidious pose so much i have an avatar of it.
A+ on them all......
h

jedi-cpa
02-27-2003, 02:20 PM
Sidious is awesome.

I do not collect unleashed, but I have many vaders and Maul in my office, I may have to collect unleashed Sith.