PDA

View Full Version : New Jedi Order

Dark Lord Kakorotto
02-26-2003, 11:49 AM
I once started an Expanded Universe thread and was heckled by some collectors. I'm sorry but I am now up to date with the new Jedi Order and all I want is an exclusive three pack with the Jedi Knight Solo children!

Adam
02-26-2003, 12:55 PM
There are som many EU figures I want, I'd rather not list them all out.

SNAYSON
02-26-2003, 03:07 PM
so many EU characters that i want but will most likely never see most of them. plus to many die hard "only movie figures should be made" supporters out there.

oh BTW: concept stormtrooper = awesome! Clone Wars: hoping the whole figure lineup will be good.

bring on more EU!

James Boba Fettfield
02-26-2003, 03:24 PM
I am a staunch supporter of the expanded universe being made into plastic. They could do so much from just the New Jedi Order series alone. I agreee with what that guy said about the concept stormtrooper. Sweet figure, different from everything else, and who cares if it isn't movie related? As an unopener of my figures, I think it will look good displayed next to the others. Different is good.

keithfite
02-26-2003, 03:57 PM
I really think hasbro is missing a great chance at some easy cash. I love the EU, and I would buy anything that came out based upon it. The figures they already made for it were great. But there is so much more to be done. and I dont just think there missing out on the expanded universe. what about all the characters from stories before EP1. I think they should make everything from darth bane to Brakiss and Jerec, and Lord Hoth and the solo children. But hey. Id say they probably never will. I always thought it would be neat to re release some comics or books of the Expanded Universe that came with exclusive figures. and If they are thinking no one will buy the EU figures because they are not in the movies. they should at least make them for those in the star wars fan club. They are die hard fans and would deffinately get any club exclusive from EU

Banthaholic
02-26-2003, 08:58 PM
I too support more EU releases! Hopefully the Clone Wars will be a success and get the ball rolling for more EU.

I personally would love some of the Jedi from Tales of The Jedi

jblodgett
02-27-2003, 09:53 AM
I think the EU would be a good spin off-- sort of like the droids/ewoks toys. Of course, those toys all bombed incredibly, so maybe Hasbro is thinking the same thing.

That Hasbro has the toy license in the first place is probably the worst thing, when it comes to EU.

SNAYSON
02-27-2003, 11:30 AM
THANK YOU! it's great to hear some support for EU. Having some characters made from the New Jedi Order would produce some great action figures. Even the characters from Timothy Zahn's novels has alot of cool unmade action figures.

i just hope the EU characters that come out of "Clone Wars" are good and exciting. IF it does well, maybe Hasbro might make more EU from the comics/novels/video games.

James Boba Fettfield
02-27-2003, 01:21 PM
They'd have my money if they produced anything from the EU. The EU has given me so many hours of enjoyment, and here's to hoping Hasbro hears our plea.

El Chuxter
02-27-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by SNAYSON
i just hope the EU characters that come out of "Clone Wars" are good and exciting.

In the world of comics, I picked up the Mace Windu one-shot and SW: Republic #50 last night, getting my first look at the "Sith Witch" and the ARC-Clonetroopers. Basically a mysterious woman working for Dooku who has two curved sabers that link sorta along the lines of Darth Maul's sabers, and a super-duper heavily armed Clonetrooper with more intelligence and a little of Jango's personality. I think so far they're good and exciting. :D

stad
02-27-2003, 04:03 PM
I'll throw my support to this too, I suppose. But I can't back the Sketchtrooper, I still think this is a horrible idea of a figure. I would have to say it crosses the line, from Expanded Universe to discarded ideas. That said, there are a lot of figures that could be made from New Jedi Order alone, plus I would still like a Noghri 2-pack. That pretty much covers from Zahn's original trilogy up to NJO.

James Boba Fettfield
02-27-2003, 04:09 PM
And some Bothans. We cannot forget the likes of Borsk and his people.

SNAYSON
02-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
And some Bothans. We cannot forget the likes of Borsk and his people.

i so agree! Bothans were also metioned in ROTJ. that is one particular alien that should have been made.

Darth Evil
03-04-2003, 02:04 PM
I'd say we'll get a Bothan made, since they appear in SW Galaxies. There are so many EU possibilities, Hasbro need to bring out a new line!

Dark Lord Kakorotto
03-09-2003, 11:30 AM
i'm glad there is support. do you think hasbro would respond to a petition?

James Boba Fettfield
03-09-2003, 11:53 AM
Who knows if they will, but there's only one way to find out.