PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha think about Dark Horse Comics?

PloKoon2385
08-17-2001, 08:13 PM
I love them. The art is usually excellent! Better than Marvel or DC. I think it is less "scratchy." I like it lots and lots! The stories are also really great! I suggest you read 'em if you aren't already!:) :D ;)

JediTricks
08-19-2001, 07:15 AM
I personally find them hacky for most of the stuff I've read. I don't think they visualize the stuff from books well, and the original stuff feels thin or not very Star Wars. That's just my opinion though.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-19-2001, 04:32 PM
The Marvel comics had more of the SW feel to them, even if they tended to be "out there." Dark Horse is flooding the market with SW titles. I expect Star Wars: Padawan Angst to come out soon. I'm not a big DH fan.

evenflow
08-20-2001, 03:19 PM
I personally like what I've read. I think the Tales of the Jedi, Crimson Empire, and Dark Empire were all great.

bigbarada
08-20-2001, 08:40 PM
I was kind of fond of the Saturday Morning Cartoon feel of Underworld. However there are just waaaaay too many different mini-series out there for me to keep up.

PloKoon2385
08-21-2001, 12:01 AM
I personally like the pre-Episode 4 stuff, except the very pre-episode 4 stuff, like Tales of the Jedi. I like the stuff that involve the current Jedi Council the most. I also liked Darth Maul though. And Chewbacca, and the Thrawn trilogy.

Sidiously Darth
08-21-2001, 09:51 PM
I've liked some of the stuff I've read from DH. I haven't bothered with titles such as Dark Empire, etc. b/c they're just comic versions of the novels. I really like the idea of repackaging a series into a trade paperback. It is much easier to get than trying to track down individual issues.

PloKoon2385
08-21-2001, 11:45 PM
I usually buy the graphic novels too. Unless, of course, I just CANNOT wait and must get them NOW! Like Infinities, Jedi Council, Hunt for Aurra Sing.

Lobito
09-27-2001, 02:44 PM
I have most of the DH Sw comic books (i havent read them all yet!!), they indeed are FAR SUPERIOR than the Marvel SW counterparts...now if u compare them to the Marvel or DC Regular heroes line, thats something else...they are just different.

The point is that i really like Dark horse.
:eek: :cool: :D