PDA

View Full Version : the dead will rise...just read.

mylow thehutt
02-26-2003, 04:56 PM
:D Ok this cartoon of clone wars will be in the time line between EP2 and ep3 so starting were EP2 left off right.

ok then awnswer me this if it's after EP2 then why on the clonwars toy list was there a JANGO FETT??? as I said the dead will rise.:crazed:

Beast
02-26-2003, 05:13 PM
That was a very very early version of the list. The newer version replaces "Jango Fett" with "Mandalorian Bounty Hunter". Of course this list may change as well, because the Bounty Hunter on the Speeder Bike according to the Official Site is named Durge. Plus the Clone Commander seems to be listed often as Clone Commando also, so not sure which is true in this case. :)

Clone Wars:
Clonetrooper
Anakin Skywalker
Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
Sith Witch
Yoda
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Mace Windu
Clone Wars Figure - TBD
Clone Wars Figure - TBD

Clone Wars - Deluxe:
Mandalorian Bounty Hunter (Gendi) with Speeder Bike
Clone Commander (Commando) with Speeder Bike

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
02-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Besides, if Jango does turn up...the obvious answer is CLONE...come on, he's got a million of 'em ;)

El Chuxter
02-26-2003, 05:44 PM
Wasn't a CW Kit Fisto rumored a while back, too?

James Boba Fettfield
02-26-2003, 05:48 PM
So we have this Sith Witch who resembles Komari Vosa and now we have a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter who would resemble Montross. This is sounding more and more like some sort Bounty Hunter cartoon based on the video game. Only it's many years later than Bounty Hunter, but still similar with some characters.

Beast
02-26-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Wasn't a CW Kit Fisto rumored a while back, too?
Yep, I'm sure he's probably one of the figures now under TBD. Yet his name still was listed in the header for that list. So shouldn't they just list Kit Fisto? :)

BTW, what's with the sudden bear obsession? I'm a huge bear fan myself. Just thought I'd ask. BTW, you should include the famouse Clerks: Animated quote to your bear based sig. :)

"Who is driving?!?! Oh my God, BEAR is driving!!! How can that be?!?!" :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-26-2003, 07:10 PM
On the Hasbro site, it mentioned a Destroyer Droid with launcher as a deluxe figure. Does anyone have any idea what that means? The one in the 3-pack is near perfect, we don't need any more (except for one with a shield).

Jedi Law Student
02-26-2003, 10:45 PM
Maybe the Mandalorian Bounty Hunter is Jodo Kast. :crazed:

El Chuxter
02-27-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
BTW, what's with the sudden bear obsession? I'm a huge bear fan myself. Just thought I'd ask. BTW, you should include the famouse Clerks: Animated quote to your bear based sig. :)

Uh, bears like rule, and stuff. :crazed:

I wonder what a Clone Wars Kit would be. . . ? I'm also wondering if a figure of Quinlan Vos might be in the works, since it appears thus far he's a major player in the Clone Wars.

InsaneJediGirl
03-03-2003, 03:55 PM
I suppose the dead will rise,but I dont think kids will care(I will though:D)I hope that the Clone Wars cartoon produces some EUish figures.Maybe this time they wont be so comic-book looking(I.E. Thrawn).

JEDIpartner
03-04-2003, 02:15 PM
It looks like the figures will be based on the actual movie styled figures, so hopefully the "new" characters like "Durge" and the Sith Witch won't stick out like sore thumbs. They probably won't... if Hasblah knows what's good for them! :evil:

Jargo
03-04-2003, 04:22 PM
The Sith witch is called Asajj Ventress
"A ruthless and cunning military mastermind, the beautiful and deadly Asajj Ventress was discovered by Count Dooku on a war-torn planet shortly after the Battle of Geonosis. She demonstrates a natural and corrupt mastery of the Force, and is a formidable opponent with her paired curved lightsabers."
http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/02/img//mace/spotlight_asajj_bg.jpg

The Mandalorian warrior is the same character as the bounty hunter and he's called Durge not Gendi. Durge will have removable limbs no doubt because his character can detach and re-attach his limbs at will. He carries a lance on his swoop bike like a medieval jousting knight.

The single carded clonetrooper might get ditched to make way for the three pack of clonetroopers. No sense in flooding the market to saturation point with the darn things. Everyone will want the three pack and the single carded on would pegwarm which hasbro and the stores won't want so to just release the three pack makes most sense economically.
Clone commando is right, not clone commander because the clone comander comes in the clonetrooper three pack. The clone commando is a suped up clonetrooper with added armor and a blue cape, he's been pictured on the front of a comic book http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/02/img/republic/cover_bg.jpg and looks a little like this http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/02/img/republic/spotlight_arc_bg.jpg

The Destroyer droid launcher will undoubtedly have a rolled up droideka that is fired off by some ratchet pull strip or something. Hopefully it'll be to scale and fairly decently detailed.

Kit Fisto was on the last Hasbro list as being included in the clone wars line up because there's a whole sub plot involving Mr. grinny himself. I'd say he'll be released as a resculpt. new outfit and all that gubbins like Yoda got.

JEDIpartner
03-07-2003, 09:30 AM
I would hope so... especially if the single carded Clone Trooper really had nothing new to offer on its own.

Bring on the multi-packs!

Beast
03-07-2003, 02:58 PM
Unless the single carded CloneTrooper is also an ARC CloneTrooper. Then I don't see a problem of releasing a nice basic carded version, along with the one that's scheduled for to be released with the Speeder Bike. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
03-07-2003, 03:18 PM
Well... then it's not really just a "Clone Trooper", is it? Hahaha...

If that's the case, then a single carded "ARC Clone Trooper" would be fine.

El Chuxter
03-07-2003, 03:21 PM
I know it's a bit premature, since we've only seen them for a few pages, but ARC CLONETROOPERS RULE!!

I wonder if they'll become the first true Stormtroopers. . . ? (j/k)

Jargo
03-07-2003, 07:49 PM
The single carded clonetrooper was reportedly the red clonetrooper without the red. I think GH reported that a week or so back. A single carded ARC trooper would be good but i think he's coming on the swoop. I'm assuming that ARC troopers are the elite commando team and therefore the listing for a clonetrooper commando with speeder bike would be the ARC trooper so he wouldn't be single carded but deluxe carded.

If the clonetrooper 3-pack isn't due out until later this year the single carded clonetrooper would be a similar case to the re-release of the POTJ tusken raider with the Massif followed by the saga headless tusken with base, just a stop gap release until the better version. But i still think it would be better to leave the single carded red clonetrooper sans red and wait for the 3-pack. Perhaps bring the release of the 3-pack forward a little.

JEDIpartner
03-10-2003, 03:01 PM
I couldn't agree with you more about the Clone Trooper (without the Red). Yes, it was a VERY nice sculpt... when you compare it to that rather dull "Sneak Preview" version, but I think they are capable of doing better. The three-pack SHOULD have some very nice sculpts as it looks at present. I'd rather just have "nothing" and wait for them to release the three-pack. Doesn't matter what I think, though... does it?:(