PDA

View Full Version : TNT's Salem's Lot

James Boba Fettfield
02-26-2003, 07:11 PM
Zentertainment reports that Rob Lowe will star in the new four-hour SALEMíS LOT miniseries for TNT. Heíll play Ben Mears, the writer who returns to his childhood home of Jerusalemís Lot and discovers that it is being terrorized by vampires. Itís hardly surprising that Lowe is returning to a TV Stephen King project, as he got some of the best reviews of his career for playing the deaf-mute Nick Andros in Mick Garrisí THE STAND miniseries. Set to roll soon in Australia, the 2003 LOT will be directed by Mikael (SOLE SURVIVOR) Salomon from a script by Peter (RICKY SIX) Filardi.
http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=841

I know one thing, you'll never surpass the book and the old tv miniseries was pretty good. You'll have some high expectations to beat of mine.

Dr Zoltar
07-26-2004, 11:43 AM
Wow! Old post. I swear there was another thread discussing this.

Did anyone else watch this? I taped it and just finished it over the weekend. If so, I have a question about it that I wanted to pose to anyone who saw the entire movie.

El Chuxter
07-26-2004, 11:50 AM
I heard from a friend who saw it (I skipped it, as I was reading the book when it aired) that it took some pretty major liberties with plot, especially regarding Father Callahan.

Funny, since Callahan's the only one to show up in other King books, you'd think they'd keep him closer to his character in the original story.

Dr Zoltar
07-26-2004, 03:07 PM
It's been several years since I read the book, but there were many liberties taken with the story. It had it's moments, but wasn't anything really memerable.

There's a scene where a doctor gets biten my a vampire. He then has the main character inject him with something. The doctor then never turns into a vampire and stays human. I don't remember this from the book and wanted to find out if anyone else caught what it was.