PDA

View Full Version : Big Stupid Foam Rubber Hulk Fists!

12inch Lando
02-27-2003, 06:27 AM
Ok... sound off if for even a split second you've considered buying the big stupid foam rubber, punching sound action Incredible Hulk fists collecting dust at Wal-Mart. I'm not ashamed to admit that I thought about it.:stupid:

kool-aid killer
02-27-2003, 07:59 AM
I briefly thought about getting a set or two just to either have boxing matches with my brother or just to assault him with them but the "Hulk Smash" or whatever it says gets very annoying and i really think that within an hour the novelty would wear off and i would be stuck with a worthless waste of money. On a side note most of those hulk toys seem dorky.

12inch Lando
02-27-2003, 05:43 PM
The price seems to have dropped already on these things. If I see them in a clearance aisle for $5 then I just might... think about buying them again.

Jayspawn
02-27-2003, 11:50 PM
I hate to admit it, but I' not getting ANY of the Hulk figures. They just don't look as cool as the Marvel Legends or Spiderman figures.

I wish there was a Daredevil Movie figure line instead of Hulk.

QLD
02-28-2003, 01:53 AM
Screw the Hulk figures......but the Hulk hands rule.

My fiance' and I beat the crap out of each other with them in the middle of a Wal-Mart on a Sunday afternoon. We got lots of strange looks :crazed:

I wouldn't mind getting some on clearance.

Eternal Padawan
02-28-2003, 09:28 AM
No.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-28-2003, 10:17 AM
lol funny thing, cause i was out hunting with my lady friend and i tossed them on and chased her around the toy department with them!! It was hella fun!! She then suggested we use them for "other purposes" and i blushed and dropped them and we scampered off giggling. hehehehehehehe :D

dirtybones
02-28-2003, 11:22 AM
I think anyone who has walked into WM with a wife or girlfriend ended up smacking the crap out of each other with those bad boys. Why is it that the women have to really lay it on you while your just "tapping" them?:D :D :D

Tapping....yeah right

JediTricks
02-28-2003, 06:12 PM
I once consider it, it was a brief lapse of judgement. ;) My mom thinks they're hilarious though, last time I dragged her to the store she smacked the Hulk Hands like a pair of conga drums. :D

Prince Xizor
02-28-2003, 06:49 PM
Do these dumb things get ripped and broken everyone else's stores? Just yesterday I was at TRU, and there was a cart-full of ripped up ones.

Oh by the way, yeah I thought about buying them for a split second. Then someone punched me with one and I came to my senses.

JediTricks
02-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
Do these dumb things get ripped and broken everyone else's stores? Just yesterday I was at TRU, and there was a cart-full of ripped up ones. Yeah, they're always released from their packaging and torn up a little when I see 'em. "Luckily" my local TRU has a friggin' WALL of these things to replace the damaged ones.

12inch Lando
03-01-2003, 04:47 AM
Come on clearance aisle! *rubbing my greedy hands together*

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2003, 12:40 PM
No, they were ****ing me off. They were cutting into the SW section at my WM, and that ain't gonna fly.:mad: However, they have been moved over, and 'saul good.:p I'm still not gonna get them, though.

Tonysmo
03-03-2003, 01:31 AM
I picked up a pair to check them out.. started punching air to hear the sounds.. then I heard a clanking sound and felt a pain in my knee.. My wife hit me with that new LOR sword.. I took that as a no..

InsaneJediGirl
03-05-2003, 12:27 PM
No I haven't thought about it.

I was over at WM today and all of the hands were ripped off the packing though.Should have been in a box,IMO.

RooJay
03-06-2003, 07:25 PM
Considered it? I can't wait to get my hands on a pair of those bad boys! My girlfriend wants a pair too! I figure we could have all kinds of fun duking it out with 'em!
They really do remind me a lot of much simpler times when toys used to be really fun, and cool stuff like this would be the norm - stuff like Stretch Armstrong, Nerf anything (before all that battery powered crap out now), the Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle, Shogun Warriors with their launching fists, Air Blaster guns, Colorforms, and all that cool stuff! Ahh, the good old days...

By the way, if you remember enjoying those kinds of things, you might want to check out Yesterdayland.com (http://www.yesterdayland.com) for a lot of cool memories.

Arrogant Arse
11-12-2003, 02:24 PM
GET THESE PIECES OF C*** OFF OF THE SHELVES. Every Target I go into has HUNDREDS of them taking up space where there should be A-Wings. These are junk, just like the movie was.

bobafett07728
11-12-2003, 03:05 PM
Yes. . . these are crap. No. . . I would never consider buying them. But. . . my nephew has them :rolleyes: , and wore them to a recent party at my brother's house. After a few minutes of punching people with them, we told him to charge the drunk characters at the party $1 for a pound (a "pound" is a handshake where you hit each others fists.) Anyway, thinking no one would do it, and he'd just go away. . . these clowns actually gave him money to pound the Hulk hands!!?!?!?!?! He made like $27, which to a little kid is like millions, and I am still baffled by this chain of events to this day. I guess the moral of the story is. . . if you're a cute kid with Hulk hands, go find some dumb drunks and rake in the dough.

InsaneJediGirl
11-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Speaking of Hulk Toys,the local WM was down to 2 pegs of Hulk Action Figures.Now there are somehow six pegs again!This didnt sell the first time around and I doubt it will around the holidays.

bobafett07728
11-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Speaking of Hulk Toys,the local WM was down to 2 pegs of Hulk Action Figures.Now there are somehow six pegs again!This didnt sell the first time around and I doubt it will around the holidays.

And they shrunk the Star Wars section to two pegs (At least around here) !?!?!?!?! What the heck is WalMart thinking?

JediTricks
11-12-2003, 07:19 PM
These Hulk Hands are pretty popular with adults in the stores, especially with the females. The toys have been so popular that Toy Biz has changed the packaging. The Hulk Hands seem to be moving pretty well in my area, especially since the packaging change. I notice KB still has the old packaging, and they're not moving as well (could be the price though, it is KB after all).

kool-aid killer
11-13-2003, 09:23 AM
What i find odd is that they Hulk toys, which from what i can tell havent sold in any area very well, seem to have just put out a new wave of figures. I seen the bad guy, a beefed up dog, and what looks like two new Hulk figures on the pegs a couple of weeks ago. If that line is still alive than something is wrong.

Arrogant Arse
11-13-2003, 12:42 PM
The Hulk Hands seem to be moving pretty well in my area.
JT, have the stores in LA call the stores in Detroit, and have them ship them their entire inventory. Then more (some) A-wings for us!

Jayspawn
11-13-2003, 01:37 PM
Hey California can have all the Hulk Fists collecting dust in my stores!

Somehow, ToyBiz has some Hulk fan working there that loves to manufacture stuff that doesnt sell.

El Chuxter
11-13-2003, 01:43 PM
They might be cheesy, but something about those big green rubber Hulk gloves seems to make everything better. Kinda like bears, or cameo appearances by Jubilee. :D

Hopefully the craptacular figures will sell pretty well, since the Hulk toy line we're all actually looking forward to (the comic-based line, with figures of Joe Fixit, Smart Hulk, Maestro, and other cool characters) is supposedly going to be a continuation of the movie-based line. :(

Jayspawn
11-13-2003, 01:46 PM
They should have made a Daredevil movie line over a Hulk line.

JediTricks
11-13-2003, 08:56 PM
kool-aid, that wave has been out for a few months, but I think most stores haven't put them out because they haven't had room for 'em. Eventually, room is made for those newer figs and out comes one of the maaaaaany cases sitting in the back. ;)

kool-aid killer
11-14-2003, 11:34 AM
JT, the thought of more Hulk cases in the back room of my local Targets and Walmarts scares me.

JediTricks
11-14-2003, 11:18 PM
I cry myself to sleep with that thought, and often awaken in a cold sweat clutching my pillow and screaming to nightmares of this.

:D