PDA

View Full Version : Down with action features

rherk
02-27-2003, 09:49 AM
It appears Hasbro has heard our whines. They are apearantly getting rid of all the action features. Yeah!!!

So, for those (you know who you are) who thought voicing your opinion and being persistant and honest wouldn't do a thing and that you should just accept things the way they are whether you like it or not. This is for you.

187-Maul
02-27-2003, 10:01 AM
well it says that it "will be the last wave for 2003 with action features", so maybe they just mean for 2003 and not overall, but hopefully they will get rid of them

rherk
02-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Hmmm, The wording can be somewhat deceptive but I think it is still stating they are done with them.

Jayspawn
02-27-2003, 02:49 PM
I'm glad Hasbro is dropping the action features. Finally we'll get some great figures again!

Jerjerrod
02-27-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I'm glad Hasbro is dropping the action features. Finally we'll get some great figures again!

Exactly. :)

Beast
02-27-2003, 03:05 PM
I'm happy for you guys. I never had that much of a problem with the features myself. Except for the ones that didn't really work. But it's good to hear that I won't have to read so many complaints now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-27-2003, 03:16 PM
Finally some good news.

Rogue II
02-27-2003, 05:05 PM
And there was much rejoycing....horay!!!

LTBasker
02-27-2003, 05:17 PM
Actually I don't think they really cared about our complaints, but rather this means they won't have to pay for those parts and worry about engineering the figures, so that takes steps out of the making process which means more $$$ for them.

Plus they'll likely start using them again for Episode III figures.

Beast
02-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Actually I don't think they really cared about our complaints, but rather this means they won't have to pay for those parts and worry about engineering the figures, so that takes steps out of the making process which means more $$$ for them.

Plus they'll likely start using them again for Episode III figures.
Damn LTBasker, your even complaining about the removal of action features. Be happy they are gone, for you and everyone else that hated them. Start thinking positive, atleast a little bit. A small gimmick not being on a figure, isn't going to net Hasbro any huge windfalls. :p

Like I said before, with figures taking 10-12 months to go from designed to production, Hasbro wouldn't have known at the time how badly many fans would have reacted to the features at the time designs started for these figures. So I said that Hasbro would likely phase out the action features, but it would probably be midway thru 2003 before it happened. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-27-2003, 06:04 PM
No I'm not complaining about their removal, I'm just trying to make it seem like Hasbro is the bad guy either way because until I see otherwise, they are. :)

Banthaholic
02-27-2003, 07:45 PM
I don't have problems with the action features if
1. they are used properly
2. it doesn't have an effect on the sculpt.

Although when they start putting big nobs (new Mac) on figures backs, it's a sign of a gear out of position in the Hasbro machine.

I'll be glad to see concentration on better sculpted figures.

halcon orlus
02-27-2003, 08:23 PM
I hope they are dumping the action features on saga figures for good. If so I'll be very happy.

But in that write-up, does that mean the upcoming snowtrooper has an action feature? :cry:

Beast
02-27-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by halcon orlus
But in that write-up, does that mean the upcoming snowtrooper has an action feature? :cry:
Yes, we've known about it since the day they showed the figure. His E-Web Blaster Cannon fires a missle. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Chiesa
02-28-2003, 01:25 AM
At the moment I can't think of an action gimmick which worked very well.

Yippee!! No more gimmicks. But will the figures be neutral poses or will they still have their statue like action poses? I do feel that poses for Luminara are alittle extreme though it is nice.

Rogue II
02-28-2003, 07:31 AM
I don't see Hasbro as the "bad guy." They are trying by getting rid of the action features, and don't forget the last Fan's Choice Poll where they named both Rebel Leaders the winner.

Sometimes it seems like Hasbro is trying too hard. Some ideas work(improved sculpts, extra accessories with som figures), others haven't (action features). Sometimes it doesn't seem like they try hard enough.

halcon orlus
02-28-2003, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JarJarBinks
[B]Yes, we've known about it since the day they showed the figure. His E-Web Blaster Cannon fires a missle. :)

Is that all it is? I can live with that. As long as the figure doesn't have a "super action ultra quick draw button" sticking out of his butt.
:p