PDA

View Full Version : What playsets could be done or re-done?

coy5
02-27-2003, 03:01 PM
This thread has probably already been done. If so, I apologize, if not then let the ideas commence.

I particularly like dioramas for the "classic trilogy" but all are welcome.
Some I would like to see are:
1. Bespin duel(done pretty much the same way as the vintage micro collection, but to scale with the 3 3/4" figures. It could have some way of connecting the accessories that are packaged with luke and darth saga bespin duel figures.)

2. Carbon freezing chamber(a bigger micro collection version) that can connect to playset #1

3. Hoth command base with Ion cannon, indoor command center, larger main shield power generator.

......I've have to go now, but will be back with more ideas.

Rogue II
02-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Let me help you out:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14432&highlight=playset

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=210310#post210310

Kidhuman
02-27-2003, 07:19 PM
I would like to see a new Imperial Attack Base. I used to love that playset. They should make it like they did back then though with the collapsing ice bridge and the cell that blew off.

coy5
02-27-2003, 08:05 PM
Thanks rogue II. I will post some ideas in those past threads.

JediTricks
02-28-2003, 06:26 PM
Some good ideas, I'm always up for a better Bespin Duel/Carbon Freeze playset.

I'd like to see a 2-level Death Star Detention Block with working elevators from one level to the next, the main staging area & cell block on the top, a tube from that top level to the garbage masher on level 1, and some hallways that branch out leading away from the masher to complete level 1.

I'd also like to see an Emperor's Throne Room that could connect to that to make a larger Death Star playset.

Jaff
02-28-2003, 08:31 PM
How about every playset possible, I simply love playsets especially the hoth ones. The Turret probot vintage was cool, I was even a sucker for adoring the cardboard playsets like the Rebel command center and the Sandcrawler with escape pod. C'mon hasbro make toys fun again!

stillakid
02-28-2003, 10:57 PM
I'm mostly interested in seeing a good, non-cardboard, version of the Cantina. There have been 3 attempts, all not so great. All these creatures and nowhere to go! :eek:

coy5
03-01-2003, 12:08 PM
We could also use a tantive IV playset. It could have exploding blast doors where the stormtroopers come in and whoop arse on those poor rebel troopers. This could come with an exclusive escape pod and captain antilles.

I would also like to see a new ewok village with improve paint job and foot hole pegs that hold the new star wars line.

I would also like to see the return of gunner stations, i.e.
1. at-at head which holds a crew of 4 and light up hud(to accommodate a miniature holo vader

2. slave 1 with light up computer panels

3. entire rogue squadron x-wings with every different pilot.

Banthaholic
03-01-2003, 08:25 PM
I'm kinda looking forward to the upcoming rumored screen scene Wampa cave, this has potential to rock!

mark2d2
03-03-2003, 04:05 PM
Playsets, playsets, playsets. I LOVE PLAYSETS. This is the one area where Hasbro has truly been uninspired in my not so humble opinion. Let's break it down into two major areas.

ALL NEW --- START FROM SCRATCH --- PLAYSETS

Jeditricks ---- that Detention Block idea sure sound sweet! That has always been one of my favorite sequences in all the films.

I'd also love to see more plastic Cantina Pieces. Obviously, the curve of the bar needs to be finished up. A pair of booths would be great. And then, finally -- real plastic walls.

JAFF --- I totally loved that old LAND OF THE JAWAS playset. How about a totally updated version. Scrap the Sandcrawler background --- since we are soon (hopefully, please, Please, PLEASE!) getting a retooled version of the classic plastic vintage ship. This new set would include a "Dune" plastic base with a molded crash site. A totally resculpted, much more accurate Escape Pod. The new Cardboard backdrop could feature a stunning photograph of the sands of Tatooine. Maybe --- even though this is not totally accurate --- it would show that gigantic skeleton of the what-ever-the name Dragon in the classic shot of C3-P0 crossing the dunes. Call it TATOOINE DUNE SEA LANDING or something like that.

RETOOLED VINTAGE PLAYSETS

The old classic four story Death Star playset could be spruced up a bit and then reissued as it was just so dang cool. Hmmm, maybe this could attach to Jeditricks' idea somehow . . .

Also, the vintage TURRET WITH PROBOT set could just be reissued with a much better Probot. The Turret itself was really awesome ---- much, much better than the POTF2 version that was just not that great.

Of course there is so much more that could be done in the Star Wars universe, but these would constitute a pretty great start. I'd sure love to see that TATOOINE DUNE SEA LANDING set ---- and really think that this one would FLY off the shelves at hyperspace speed. Especially if the ESCAPE POD was done to the level of detail we've come to expect since the TIE BOMBER.

JediTricks
03-04-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
I'd also love to see more plastic Cantina Pieces. Obviously, the curve of the bar needs to be finished up. A pair of booths would be great. And then, finally -- real plastic walls. Totally dig this idea!!! The cantina is classic cinematic history and is just a great scene to boot, it deserves better than what we currently have.

Oh, one thing I forgot, we need a new Millennium Falcon playset/vehicle, one that's super big and splits in half down the keel with corridors and hidden compartments and... well, everything the movie version had. :D

AdmiralPiett
03-05-2003, 12:36 AM
I'd be satisfied with a Jabba's sail barge the height of the AT-AT and half the width of the wingspan of the of the Republic gunship. And the Endor Shield Generator about the size of a turntable.
Piett

mark2d2
03-05-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by JediBrian
Playsets are silly for the most part and really are for kids, not collectors.

I beg to disagree. I don't think that "playsets in general" are silly for the most part and really just for kids . . . That said -- sadly, all of Hasbro's playsets are silly for the most part and really just for kids. It doesn't have to be this way ---- not if they'd get their act together . . .