PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball Pay League

snakeplkn
02-28-2003, 12:33 AM
Though most of you know don't me, I've been on SirStevesGuide.com for awhile, mainly just reading everyone else's posts. I'm a big Star Wars fan and also a big baseball fan.

This year I'm trying to put together a pay fantasy baseball league. The past couple years my friends have drifted in and out. So this year I'm putting together a 3 year plan. However I am one person short and would like some people from SirStevesGuide to join.

Here's the breakdown:

playing from March 25th, 2003 to October 2005
$160 annual payouts
We use Sportsline.com
Head to Head (stat)
2 divisions of 4 teams each
5 keeper players
AL/NL
Future drafts determined by standings
7 other friendly folks

The entry fee is $125. Yes, a lot of money. But you get 3 year play. And it amounts to 11 cents a day. If you're at all interested, send me an email at snakeplkn2@yahoo.com

-- trevor a.ka. Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

QLD
02-28-2003, 01:26 AM
I am not interested in a pay league, but I plan to start a SSG Fantasy Baseball League on Yahoo. Our football League did very last year, so I hope this will too.

snakeplkn
02-28-2003, 01:47 PM
The problem I have experienced with free leagues that some members will just quit if they are out of contention early on. Money gives people incentive to play regardless of their fortunes. Playing in pay leagues costs as much a video game but there is financial reward at the end.

I'll join your free league if I cannot get one more member causing my league to disbandon.

trevor

QLD
02-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I mean, I do a few pay football league with people I went to high school and college with, but it's a little different. But I hope you find your person.