PDA

View Full Version : TF III shipping soon.

sith_killer_99
02-28-2003, 05:08 PM
Well, it appears that Commemorative Series II has come and gone.

I never did see a single Starscream or Apex-Ultra-
Mega-Super Optimus.

I have pre-ordered Thundercracker, Bluestreak and Jazz, so I am sure not to miss out, this time around. They have all of 'em available for pre-order on the website.

My local store is also doing pre-sales on these. But only one store and not the other a few miles away. So I was wondering if anyone else has seen this?

As for the boxed figures themselves, I noticed that Series III has the "Adult Collectible" printed on the box. I wonder if they did this because the toys won't pass current safety standards and they wanted to stay true to the originals? If so, why didn't they do this for the Series I Optimus Prime. The longer smoke stacks look much better IMO.

Any rumors on Series IV?

Adam
03-01-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
As for the boxed figures themselves, I noticed that Series III has the "Adult Collectible" printed on the box. I wonder if they did this because the toys won't pass current safety standards and they wanted to stay true to the originals? If so, why didn't they do this for the Series I Optimus Prime. The longer smoke stacks look much better IMO.

Any rumors on Series IV?

Unfortunatly, no they will still be altered.

I don't think Wave 3 will ship untill April/May. And series two came out like 3 weeks ago. So they will be getting more in. I've seen both PMOP and Starscream. Passsed on both. Starscream is getting the Dreamwave wave reissue, which will be a lot better than the one on shelves right now. First he is more show accurate in colors, a Megatron in gunmode that can attach to the bottom of SS in alt mode, and a dvd with some cg stuff on it. You can get God Ginrai(PMOP) unaltered from hlj (http://www.hlj.com), and even with the overseas shipping it is less than the Hasbro version!

Oh and the other new Takara reissue is Inferno. Starscream will be be around $35, and Inferno will be $30.

plasticfetish
03-01-2003, 02:00 AM
Funny you should mention series 3 ...
from the catalog at the back of the volume 3 Armada mini comic ...

Adam
03-01-2003, 04:25 AM
Oh and I forgot to mention the rumors goin' round fer CS4. I have heard Red Alert Skywarp and Hoist. I think they will get the Dreamwave treatment at somw point, so I'll wait for those.

Imperial Monarche
03-18-2003, 04:42 PM
well, from what i've seen on another web site, CIII could possibly be unaltered because with "Adult Collection" attached, the safety standards change. but i am looking forward to them because Bluestreak has always been a favorite of mine, i never had the original because i was only two when it came out:cry: however, i did have optimus and megatron, but only from orders to hasbro. so far, from the commemorative series i have optimus, magnus, star scream and hot rod. i did for the optimus replace the smokestacks from the rerelease optimus in 1994:crazed:
buts for C IV i've seen skywarp, red alert and prowl:D C V so far is hoist...it should be shipped out around aug, C IV will be scheduled for june or so and C III should be shippin this month or next...i've seen several starscreams and optimus apex at TRU

Adam
03-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Simply having the words "Adult Collectable" will not save them from US law. They would have to be like cigarettes - no one under a certain age could buy it. And Hasbro's not going to do that so for CS 1 and 2 they were altered and 3 will be less altered, but with no springs in the missle launcers and such.

JediTricks
03-18-2003, 11:07 PM
I've seen plenty of Apex-armor Primes but only 1 Starscream. I bought neither due to lack of interest (Starscream looks so bland the way Hasbro has him painted).

All these re-releases are modified to pass US toy safety regs, Starscream's accessories were modified to accomodate this even. I believe the "adult collectible" moniker is due to 2 things:
- the pinching of little fingers during transformation;
- the high pricepoints.