PDA

View Full Version : Ep1 left in the dust

mylow thehutt
03-01-2003, 09:04 AM
:(hay folks when are we going to get some new ep1 dudes like a new littel anakin or battel damage qui-gon ok ok we have a enough mauls to start an army,but there was a lot of cool background guys in phatom meance.so whos up for some more ep1

Banthaholic
03-01-2003, 09:25 AM
I always thought the coolest EP1 background character to make a figure of was the Souveneer Vendor fromt he pod race stands.

Jerjerrod
03-01-2003, 09:37 AM
Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a ne better Qui-Gon Jinn, just sculpted properly.

sith_killer_99
03-01-2003, 10:01 AM
Darth Maul (repack...upcoming)
Darth Maul (concept)
Eeth Koth (repack)
Lott Dod
Lott Dod Nute Gungay Hologram (upcoming???)
Qui Gon Jinn
Teemto Pagalies
Yoda (repaint and repack...with a lightsaber)

That's only 8 EP1 figures, and only 6 have actually hit the shelves, not to mention that 2 of those is a repack.:rolleyes:

So, yes, I would say it's time for some new EP1 Figures. I like the pod pilots and I think Hasbro should crank out more of them. I also want to see more Jedi Council Members (most of these could double as EP1 or EP2 figures).

Then to spice it up, a few background characters, just about anyone except the "Storm's comming Ani" old lady.:eek:

I also think they should stay away from the kid figures. We already have, or will get more than enough. I say stay away from the rug rats.

jjreason
03-01-2003, 10:56 AM
Yeah, there are a few neat ones not done yet. That "corrupt" jedi with the b/w face from tatooine (used in EU, can't remember name), Gragra(SP?) (the seller of the frogs on tatooine), an "ET" Senator (should have been done to honor ET's anniversary last year, imo) included in an epI Senators Screen Scene w Wookie Senator and maybe a Malastari as well, pod racer pilots w pods,
Naboo Pilot w trench coat from the hangar rescue scene, etc.

epI was pretty good for neat characters. Churn em out!!!

Jaff
03-01-2003, 11:07 AM
Forget concepts or resculpts I'm all for your idea. Episode I stuff is ready to be placed on my shelf as long as their not unleashed sculpts.

Kidhuman
03-01-2003, 11:58 AM
We defintley need some new EP1 stuff. I say make a new Sio Bibble, and a few others that came out late. Even make the Hutts and a Bib Fortuna as well. I am tired of getting Mauls. I don't think another Anakin is necessary either. Just my $0.02

Old Fossil
03-01-2003, 01:33 PM
How about a Sith Infiltrator??? I'd definitely buy one of those. Cool ship.

TheDarthVader
03-01-2003, 02:34 PM
I agree...I want to see more of the droids that tried to help repair the queens ship (besides r2-b1 or r2-d2). And I want to see the rest of the jedi council from ep1. And some more aliens from Tatooine...and more pod racers!!!!!

Hellboy
03-01-2003, 03:42 PM
I'd enjoy seeing:

- Jabba the Hutt
- Kitster and Wald 2-pack
- Trade Federation Communications Officer
- Remaining Podracers
- Remaining Jedi Council Members
- Destroyer Droid w/energy shield
- Amidala's Handmaidens (orange cloaks)
- Wookie Senator
- Malistare Senator

cassanova frankensti
03-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Someone here actually wants more Qui Gons and young Anakins???? What are you nuts? Thats like asking for another Maul or another Tatooine Luke. Hasbro only made about 10 versions of each one already and there are no new costumes to make them in. I for one certainly woulg not buy yet another of those guys. Why would you want another Sio Bibble? The first one was great. The only thing that that I think really needs to be made from E1 are 1) the rest of the Jedi Council, 2) one or two background Gungans that have never been made before (the preists I think), 3) Pod Racer pilots other than Sebulba or any other previously release pod racer, 4) Queen Amidala in a handful of outfits that have not already been made (pre-senate, ceremony). 5) a few handmaidesm, 6) assorted aliens of course.

cassanova frankensti
03-01-2003, 04:11 PM
oops, nearly forgot 7) assorted never before made Senators, 8) various never before made Neomodians, 9) Kister & Wald 2 pack, 10) Bib Fortuna.

sith_killer_99
03-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Why would you want another Sio Bibble? The first one was great.

Um, because he was a major pain to find, and many here have yet to get one.

I think Hasbro should either give us a new one or repack the old one on a new SAGA card.

How about a Sith Infiltrator??? I'd definitely buy one of those. Cool ship.

Yep, the best ship in EP1 and we still haven't gotten so much as a rumor of this ship.:mad:

I don't care if it's perfectly to scale, Hasbro could make this thing about the size of the new X-Wing and it would look fine, but we really should have this ship!!!

Besides, I for one am too cheap to pay $15-$20 (3-4 times the cost of current figures) for one figure. Heck I only paid $25.00 for my Skiff, and the average cost of SAGA figures is $5.00, I would rather see a repack Sio Bibble than the repacks Hasbro has lined up right now. POTF All New Likeness Leia!:rolleyes:

Banthaholic
03-01-2003, 08:16 PM
I'm with cassanova frankensti on Sio Bibble, I would rather have 'new' EP! releases )as this thread implies0 then another repack, with patience Sio Bibble can be found for $15-20
I would love to see
1. Dautay Dofine
2. Misc Pod Race two-pack
3. Amidala - celebration
4. twi'lek twins (from fc#3, they are colorful and cool)
5. Handmaiden
6. More Jedi
7. More gungans

Tonysmo
03-02-2003, 01:08 AM
I wonder if this is what they do on any given day at Hasbro:

( Hasbro round table )

So Folks, What do we have on the agenda today?

Well, We've done the Darth Maul without the cloak, weve done him with the cloak. Weve taken his shirt off and showed off his tattoos. Weve done him with his double lightsaber and weve done him with only one side of his saber lit up

Ok, and so what are we planning now?

What we intend to do is release a new Maul with his sleeves rolled up. We would also like to release Maul with an unlit lightsaber, we intend to magnetize his belt so it just hangs there. Weve also come up with a new Maul that has a different menacing grin that the original sculpt. Our Hasbro interns have been searching through that Sir Steves site and have found those guys will buy up anything we throw out..

So thats it? Only three new Maul re-sculpts?

Well, not actually sir, weve also come up with a new packaging idea. Weve got a Maul that comes with a Sith bike. Weve done Maul with an attack droid. We plan on releasing a Maul with three Sith probes. We will have two versions of course, one with his shirt off and one with his shirt on.

Anyway we can save money on these Mauls?

Yes sir, we intend to use the same Mauls from the previous sculpts for the last two.

Sounds great, Lets get back together next week to talk about a re-sculpt for Ani.. Id like to see at least four new ideas for him.

( meeting adjourned.. )

makes you wonder...

jpak001
03-02-2003, 02:45 AM
All I would like from ep1 at this point would be the rest of the Jedi Council & a Sith Infiltrator.

Other than that, I think everything else has been pretty well covered by now.

Beast
03-02-2003, 02:50 AM
I dunno, some of the lists for E1 figures that are still yet to be made are staggering. I think I could run off about 50-100 of them off the top of my head. It definatly needs some attention. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Evil
03-02-2003, 08:40 AM
The only new Qui-Gon I'd really like to see is a battle-damaged one, and that's unlikely. I'd also like a Sith Infiltrator.

bobafrett
03-02-2003, 09:28 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a cinema scene, with Darth Maul sticking his lightsaber through Qui-Gon, while Obi Wan looks on in horror.
Other than that, I really have not a whole lot of interest in EP I figures. I'm not a big fan of the movie, and I only buy stuff now if it's on a deep discount. I'm so sick of all the Darth Mauls that are out there, I mean the character was hardly in the movie.

Bring on more Stormtroopers, that's what I say!

Chiesa
03-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Hey EPI may not be a hit with many fans.. But I do feel that there are indeed many figures and possibilities that can be made and even re-made.

Sio Bibble is so freaking rare! We gotta have more of him!

Maybe a couple of droids as a 2-pack?

Yes the different senators would make a great idea! More aliens to add more colour and range for any collector. :crazed:

Handmaidens... Oh yea mainly for diorama people to finish off some scenes!! We need more sexy things surely! :kiss:

I'm not too supportive of the idea of having more Gungans though. Not a big fan of their kind :D

Death Star Gimp
03-03-2003, 03:49 PM
I think there are lots of characters they could do from EP1. Hasbro however would have to look at it from a commercial perspective, which figures would sell well, are they the figures that collectors would like? probably not.

A compromise would be background characters that appeal to collectors but were involved in key scenes or action sequences. Im thinking of the following:

Eidley Teem (Senator from Malastre)
Mawhonic
Rats Tyrell
Gragra
Naboo Pilots
Tey How (Neimoidian pilot)

I would welcome more EP1, just not Maul, Obi-Wan or Qui-Gonn please.

mtriv73
03-03-2003, 04:34 PM
I think we still need Naboo pilots, handmaidens, and droids (especially the R5 that gets blown to smithereens fixing the shield generator.) I can do without the senators (I can just imagine the senator from Malastre with "filibustering action.") If we get any more Qui Gons or EP1 Obi-wans then I'm going to quit collecting (unless they finally get them right.)

AdmiralPiett
03-05-2003, 12:03 AM
Background, background characters are the best for dioramas like the Cantina and Jabba's palace though.
Piett

AdmiralPiett
03-05-2003, 12:21 AM
I wish that were so. There are some figures like the Tonnika sisters that will probably never be made. I have faith that all major Jabba's palace patrons will be made though.
Piett

AdmiralPiett
03-05-2003, 12:30 AM
The fat dancing lady is Yarna dal Gargan. The Tonnika Sisters are those pale, skanky looking twins in the Cantina. Supposedly back when they had the first movie made, they didn't get extras' permission in writing to create action figures of them. Since then, most have agreed to it but the Tonnika Sisters have been holding out for more money.
Piett