PDA

View Full Version : What else could be made into a movie?

Fulit
03-01-2003, 02:26 PM
Since Hollywood has abandoned creativity and originality in favor of making old T.V. shows and cartoons into movies, I thought we could make up a list of other shows to make into bad movies.

And yes, the Garfield thing inspired this.

Here's my current list:

Mama's Family
Sanford and Son
Small Wonder (I could actually see this being done)

and, while they're making freakin' COMIC STRIPS from the PAPER into movies, why not make a feature film about Hagar the Horrible or Beetle Bailey? Heck, lets give Hi and Lois their own reality series!

Apparently, this is all it takes to be a "writer" in Hollywood, so I'll be moving out there soon to start my new career rehasing other peoples ideas.

Pendo
03-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Red Dwarf: The Movie is coming 2004. I have no faith in this movie though :(.
Friends is also becoming a movie.

PENDO!

dr_evazan22
03-01-2003, 03:49 PM
A show I liked a lot was M*A*S*H.

2-1B
03-01-2003, 04:13 PM
ALF

Kidhuman
03-01-2003, 04:36 PM
I would like to see a Simpsons movie. If done right they could make it hilarious. Leave it with no bad language or anything but give them a good plot.

stillakid
03-01-2003, 05:19 PM
Baywatch :cool:

The 'Xir
03-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Personally, I'm waiting for a Green Lantern movie!!!

I think a live actor simed with CGI Transformers movie could be done very well, but also could be a HUGE disappointment.

but actually I'm surprised, shocked even, that a Fat Albert movie hasn't been done!!! :greedy:

Rogue II
03-01-2003, 05:57 PM
In case you didn't know, MASH was a movie before it was a TV show.

Happy Days the movie, with cameos of Laverne and Shirley

Welcome Back, Kotter. Everyone loves John Travolta now:rolleyes:

I could see Beetle Bailey now...John Goodman as Sarge and that Arquette guy as Beetle.:rolleyes:

I would like a Simpson's movie, eventually.

QLD
03-01-2003, 06:11 PM
A-Team
Knight Rider
All in the Family
Charles in Charge
Honeymooners
I Love Lucy
Family Matters
Diff'rent Strokes
Facts of Life
Gimmie A Break
A Different World
Married With Children
Airwolf
BJ and the Bear
21 Jumpstreet
The Jeffersons
Amen
Absolutely Fabulous
Babylon 5
What's Happenin'
Good Times
One Day At A Time

and more :D

darthvyn
03-01-2003, 06:38 PM
super knight rider 3000 is coming out some time in the near future... ;)

sith_killer_99
03-01-2003, 08:09 PM
And yes, the Garfield thing inspired this....and, while they're making freakin' COMIC STRIPS from the PAPER into movies,

Actually there have been several Garfield cartoon specials, so I'm not too surprised.

A show I liked a lot was M*A*S*H.

In case you didn't know, MASH was a movie before it was a TV show.

Correct, and the movie is a classic.

ALF

They did a made for TV movie.

Personally, I'm waiting for a Green Lantern movie!!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one. The only question is, which GL? It would have to be Hal Jordan or Kyle, IMO. But knowing Hollywood, we'd probably get stuck with Guy Gardner. Because he has more "attitude" or some other stupid garbage, or John because he is a more "complex" or "deep" character. :rolleyes:

I was actually just thinking. Today I watched the original "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". It would be interesting to see them do a new Buff with SMG and the gang.

In the words of Brodie from Mallrats "BJ and the Bear. Now there's a concept I can't get enough of and man and his monkey."

I might also got for a live action Transformers with CGI?!?!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
03-01-2003, 09:46 PM
I'd like to see a live action GI Joe movie.

dr_evazan22
03-01-2003, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I was kidding about the MASH movie.

Green Lantern sounds like it would be a cool movie to see.

James Boba Fettfield
03-01-2003, 11:53 PM
I want to see a 3rd installment of the Dennis the Menace series, bring back Don Rickles as Mr. Wilson and everything is set. Wait, that movie was terrible.

Exhaust Port
03-02-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Fulit

Small Wonder (I could actually see this being done)

Oh Sweet Jesus, I believe that is a sign of the Apocalypse. First we get the 4 horsemen, then we get a small robot child in a movie. AAahhhhh.....:eek:

I would love to see:

Knight Rider

Battlestar Galactica

Transformers done in CGI

Simpsons, only after the show wraps up

12inch Lando
03-02-2003, 05:26 AM
Actually Exhaust Port, Battlestar Galactic was released in theaters. I know because I was there.:) The 3 hour pilot (TV time) was released in theaters not long after it's first and only season. I think it was out before Galactica 1980 but I'm not positive. There were a few differences between the theatrical release and the one that made it to TV. In the movie Baltar was killed by the Cylons early on. He was executed by sword if memory serves. This was changed for tv mainly because they wanted to keep Baltar around to make the enemy a bit less faceless (i.e. more human);) The tv edit shows the Cylon centurion executioner drawing his sword but he is interupted but the "Imperious Leader" (voice over) before he can continue. Don't ask me why I remember this crap. Maybe my memory was jogged by the recent SCI-FI Battlestar Galactica marathon. I recorded all 24 (21+3hour pilot) but only got to watch about half of them before they were sacrificed to make room for other stuff.

Exhaust Port
03-02-2003, 07:24 AM
Yes, I've seen at least the TV version of that movie but I would still love to see a new motion picture using the amazing special-effects that directors have available to them now. BSG is still great to watch after all these years. Thank you Sci-Fi.

Tonysmo
03-02-2003, 08:55 AM
Id like to see a redone Battle Star Galactic. I think you guys covered most of the movies Id enjoy being done. A CGI GIJOE flick would be awesome.

Cant forget Buck Rogers though.

Maybe they can bring in Arnold Schwar.. to be HE-MAN....

ok, thats a stretch..

12inch Lando
03-03-2003, 02:22 AM
SPACE 1999!... although the whole *ahem* year thing would have to be ummm... reworked.

QLD
03-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Sealab 2021????

I'd go see Tin Fins ;)

2-1B
03-03-2003, 12:04 PM
They should make a movie about SSG . . .

stillakid
03-03-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Caesar

They did. It's called "Trekkies."

Oops, sorry. That's those other nerds. ;)

Fulit
03-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Caesar

Only if I'm cast as myself. Woody Harrelson is now too old to play me.

wedgeA
03-04-2003, 05:01 PM
If Battlestar Galactica were made into a movie, it should be a sequel with Apollo and Starbuck in charge of a new generation of fighters. Purge Galactica 1980 from memory!!

I would love to see a movie version of The Prisoner.

Also, a new Twin Peaks movie, and this time have it focus on Agent Cooper!! Too bad the actor who played Killer BOB is dead.

smurfvader
03-04-2003, 06:58 PM
They should make a movie about SSG . .

They did it's called Starwoids. There's another one that I haven't seen, but I think is very similar called a Galaxy Far Far Away.

Battlestar Galactica was in the works some time ago. I remeber seeing a picture of what the cylons would have loooked like. I'll have to find that photo. I'm also pretty sure that it is now being considered (again) for a film. Somebody posted it here not too long ago. The thing that sticks in my mind is that Starbuck may be changed to a woman. I know Richard (Apollo) Hatch was trying to get a film made that was faithful to the show, but Glenn Larson said no one would want to go see it.

Matt Groeing once said he was planning on doing a Simpsons movie in which Bart would loose his virginity.

Fat Albert was also in the works to become a film starring Forrest Whitaker.

JIm

JediTricks
03-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
and, while they're making freakin' COMIC STRIPS from the PAPER into movies, why not make a feature film about Hagar the Horrible or Beetle Bailey? Heck, lets give Hi and Lois their own reality series! They've been making movies out of comic strips for many, many years. Lil Abner was made into a film in 1940 and that strip sucks! This trend is nothing new, Hollywood has always ripped off other media for their films.

Originally posted by stillakid
Baywatch :cool: They just aired a new Baywatch TV movie last week.

The 'Xir
03-05-2003, 01:11 AM
I think that the best way to do a Green Lantern movie is to concentrate on Kyle getting the ring much in the way he did in the comics(randomly), but then altering and/or shortening DC history so the plot would entail Klye learning of the greatest superhero that ever lived(Hal) and finding out that he went bad and saving him! It could be done as a drama/dark mystery that Klye could goes on, where his adventures take him to the limit in finding Hal and discovering the reasons for his fall from grace! Hal always lurking in the shadows never seeing him and never knowing if he's pulling Kyle's strings or watching over him!
This would allow the Redemption of Hal Jordan to establish his importance in the DC mythos next to Batman and Superman, and why he really is one of the most powerful and bravest/truest hero's there has ever been. For these same reasons, It also would allow a sequel to be released showing Hal's original story from when he first got the ring and then many sequels to follow showing Hals adventures while introducing the other Gl's like Guy Gardner, and John Stewart possibly even The Corps!