PDA

View Full Version : I just got a PS2, what should I get!?

JON9000
03-02-2003, 02:14 PM
I caved in and bought a PS2. I bought Bounty Hunter and Devil May Cry to play on it. I think I will get Vice City as well.

If you could recommend one game on it, which one and why?

Oh, and what is the best Fighting Game? DOA, Tekken, VF, Mortal Combat?

:confused:

Boba Rhett
03-02-2003, 04:00 PM
Get Vice City. I don't know whatyou could get for a fighting game though.

QLD
03-02-2003, 05:51 PM
I have heard that Virtua Fighter is the best fighting game available for it, but I can't verify that.

Rogue II
03-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Target is having a buy 2 get 1 free on their PS2 Greatest Hits games. They are $19.99.

I just got Red Faction, Starfighter, and Tekken Tag Tournament. I've only played Red Faction so far (1st person shooter reminds me of Half-Life)
Tekken Tag - I haven't played it yet. I heard it is the same thing as Tekken 4.

I reccomend these:
Gran Turismo 3
Simpson's Road Rage
Madden 2003

I heard the new Mortal Kombat and Virtual Fighter 4 are good, but I never played them.

mrmiller
03-03-2003, 10:27 AM
If you like racing games pick up Need for Speed, and if you like Racing games and are a Star Wars fan, Star Wars Racer Revenge is cool- and cheap. Most of the other "must haves" have been covered, but don't forget Metal Gear and SSX Trickey. T.Hawk is cool too, but since I'm into racing games, SSX is best.

=MATT=

Teeska Mon Eebon
03-03-2003, 06:33 PM
Guitaroo man is probably the best game I've ever played for the PS2

Also Grand Turismo 3 is great if you like racing games

JediTricks
03-04-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Get Vice City. I don't know whatyou could get for a fighting game though. Ditto, GTA:Vice City is a must-have. I like Twisted Metal:Black as well, though Vice City is probably the most playable game I've had in a while and will destroy my love of other games. ;)

The 'Xir
03-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Well, seeing as how you have their best game in SW:Bounty Hunter, I suggest that if you like sports; the best sports themed game out there in NHL:Hits 2003! The extras are cool, and the game play is SO smooth that it's like you're actually watching a live game on tv!

Dar' Argol
03-05-2003, 10:57 PM
Hmmmm . . best PS2 games . . . . . well . . . ..

Racing Sim: Grand Turismo 3 (now on Sony's Greatest Hits for $20)

RPG: Kindon Hearts (Squaresoft and Disney, a surprizingly(sp) great game) or the staple Final Fantasy X (or wait a bit for 10.2 with a better ending, Dark Cloud 1 or 2 (although I suggest doing 1 first, plus its $20 now).

Fighting: Mortal Kombat (the new one, can't remember the name), Capcom vs Marvel (once again, the newest one, but I can't remember if its 2 or 3 . . . . )

Extreme Sports: Tony Hawk 4 (no more time limits!!:D), Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX 2

Sports: NFL Blitz 2003, Madden 2003, hot Shots Golf 2

Blood, Guts, and Gore: Grand Theft Auto 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Max Payne

Freaky-make-you-jump-with-the-lights-off-games:Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Silent Hill 1 or 2

Good Movie Games: Spiderman, LOTR: The Two Towers (THE best movie adaption I have ever seen. There are sooo many characters on screen at once in some areas!!)

Strangely additicve games: Yi-Gi-Oh: The Duelist of the Rose (a buddy of mine got me hooked on this one, strange), The Sims (nothing is going to be as good and the PC version, but I've heard it has some nice things added to it and the addition facter is still there . . . .strange game).

There is just a few I could think of off the top of my head:D.

JON9000
03-06-2003, 09:41 AM
THanks for the responses you guys
!

BoShek
03-08-2003, 09:24 AM
Grand Theft Auto 3 (now about $30), NBA Street (now about $20), NCAA College Football (EA Sports), Dynasty Warriors 2, Timesplitters (now about $20) and Smackdown 4 are all great games with lots of lasting appeal.

Also, if you can wait a few months you can usually get the games for a lot less. So don't buy a brand new game unless you really want it.

scruffziller
03-09-2003, 12:15 PM
DRAGONBALL Z: BUDOKAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mortal Kombat definately!!!!
And all the Metal Gear Games!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-11-2003, 10:50 AM
I've always loved the original SSX. Don't get me wrong, SSX Tricky was great, but too many pipes!! It's definately a great game to play multiplayer too. So many combos and stuff!!

and yeah, GTA3 and GTA:VC are also DEFINITE buys. Two Towers is also excellent, but relatively quick. cheers! :D

JON9000
03-15-2003, 11:26 AM
I have to wait until next year's NCAA football games come out. N.C. State should should be highly ranked on the game (for the first time).

JediDan
03-29-2003, 10:02 AM
Need for Speed 2 Hot Pursuit is a blast to play. Man the framerate is freakin fast and it's such a great feeling blowing buy the cops roadblocks and spike strips. :D If you like racing (not that boring GT 3 crap) then get this game.

ATV Off Road Fury 2 is also alot of fun. 1st person view is dizzyingly fast.

But the best games are Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City. Nothing can ever touch these games. Talk about replay value. I still play both these games. I'll pick it up and walk the streets with my sniper rifle and then go to town. :crazed: I love these games. :D :D

Greyfolk
03-29-2003, 12:15 PM
An Xbox