PDA

View Full Version : Which character not yet "Unleashed" do you want to see sculpted this way?

Tycho
03-03-2003, 12:40 AM
I never wanted to start collecting another Star Wars line. I was in for a penny and in for a Ponda Baba in the 3 3/4" as well as the 12" before I knew it. Then 1998 saw me buying the Star Wars "Buddies" during the height of the Beanie Baby craze. Fair enough, they were cute. When that line faded into distant memory in the archives of Star Wars product release dates, I thought I was back to basics for good. But 2002 saw me chasing down the Playskool Junior Line as well as one of my new favorites, Star Wars "Unleashed!"

I resisted getting the first 2 offerings, Jango Fett and Darth Maul, until I saw what they were doing with Anakin Skywalker, who's probably still my favorite to this date. Darth Vader was also done just too well. Eager to add them to my collection, I picked up everything that had been released thus far, and later found Master Windu and Darth Tyranus. Now I just can't get enough of the "Unleashed" and find myself hoping for more and more offerings.

This year we'll see Princess Leia (Jabba's Prisoner), Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight), Darth Vader (Visage Revealed),Obi-Wan Kenobi (Arena Battle), and if we are lucky, there will soon be pictures of Master Yoda (Hanger Duel), Han Solo, and Boba Fett.

Most of the Unleashed thus far have dealt with Attack of the Clones, given its popularity with Star Wars fans. We're about to poll all of you on which characters you'd like to see Unleashed next, but I appologize in advance for offering only a dozen characters to choose from. I tried to pick most of the main characters that had not been planned yet, and add some icon images from all of the films to make your choice list.

I hope something suits your taste, and go on now and pick which ever you think would be great.

So which Star Wars character would you want to see "Unleashed" next?

Beast
03-03-2003, 12:46 AM
Three words, "Jar Jar Binks". Which I see was conveniently left off your list. ;) They could do him either from E1 in a wild combat pose from the ground battle. Maybe with a gungan shield and an atlatl. Without a doubt, he must feature a broken battle droid attached to his foot. Or they could do an E2 version, in his fancy senator outfit from the start of the film. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I love those fancy beaded epelauts. Either way, I'd buy 2, maybe even 3. :cool: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
03-03-2003, 12:55 AM
A JarJar Unleashed figure should be juggling pit droid parts in Watto's shop if they did him.

Beast
03-03-2003, 01:02 AM
It seems like they are really sticking to main charecters, Tycho. Not sure many of those choices have a chance of happening anytime soon. Probably the best chance would be if they decided to do a StormTrooper or CloneTrooper. I don't think Hasbro will take as big a risk on trying very many secondary charecters in the line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
03-03-2003, 01:23 AM
Not to make this seem like it's a two-person dialogue, but just to respond to JarJarBinks:

I don't think Hasbro will take as big a risk on trying very many secondary charecters in the line.

Let's test that. We'll see what people here want to have in the line, and take it from there. I offered an assortment of secondary characters and troopers, as well as several smaller beasts (obviously they wouldn't do something the Rancor's scale, for example).

But I think troops or Tusken Raiders, or Geonosian Warriors and various Battle Droids could look really cool "Unleashed."

In another poll, we could explore whether they should go back and revist Luke (making him "Tatooine style"), Vader (doing the ultimate "Emperor's Wrath"), Princess Leia, (escaping Bespin) Obi-Wan (making the older Jedi Master or the young Padawan), Padme (styling her like a Queen fighting for her planet, or a maiden threatened by kohouns), and whether or not they should "Unleash" the Bounty Hunters.

For now, let's see what everyone else has to say:

decadentdave
03-03-2003, 02:02 AM
I didn't vote for any of them. Frankly, I can think of better characters to "unleash" although perhaps an Unleashed Chewbacca from the Detention Block rescue would be an awesome sculpt. Personally, I would like to see a Han Hoth Unleashed with parka and firing at the Imperial Probe Droid. That would be just too cool. ANH Obi-Wan as seen in the Mos Eisley cantina as he "unleashes" upon Ponda Baba. How about an Unleashed Bespin or Dagobah Luke? Heck, I'd get Unleashed Lobot before I get Unleashed Lando. Depends on if he's Bespin or Skiff Guard Unleashed. And seeing as how we have Slave Leia unleashed, how about Sarlaac Pit Han Solo and even Unleashed Boba Fett? Gee, they could do like all of the Bounty Hunters Unleashed, ya' know? I mean think about it, Unleashed Bosk and IG-88 and Dengar Unleashed would rule! From the Prequels, I'd love to see a Clone Trooper Unleashed from the Geonosis Battle with a raging big rifle. Perhaps Qui-Gon could be cool from the (brief) Tatooine duel. Just don't give me no Panaka Unleashed (yawn). And where's Shmi Unleashed or an Unleashed Jawa on your poll? Just kidding. :)

Beast
03-03-2003, 02:10 AM
Decadentdave, Unleashed Boba Fett is on the way later this year. One of the people that has been quite reliable when it comes to info, posted on another site what the pose may be. He's rumored to be posed using his rocketpack to fly out of the mouth of Sarlaac, firing his blaster back at it. :)

Han Solo is also on the way, according to the early retailer lists. The same person posted the info they have on that one, but again things change. Right now it's rumored to be an ANH Han on the ramp of the Falcon firing his blaster. Sort of like the pose on the 25th Anniversary Han. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tonysmo
03-03-2003, 05:23 AM
Unleashed Chewy would be awesome, holding up his bowcaster in a yelling stance with his arms flailing.. ahh yes.

If your gonna Unleash Jar Jar, you may as well Unleash C3PO and R2...

IMO Chewy deserves main character status...

jedi_mindtricks_yoda
03-03-2003, 06:37 AM
I like all the posted choices but I still want a unleashed rocket firing R5D4. R5 could be split open and the rocket could be just on its way out. Or a half Han half Carbonized form of him when Leia sets him free in Return of the Jedi.

InsaneJediGirl
03-03-2003, 07:09 AM
I voted for the Stormtrooper,but a Chewie would be awesome has well:DPersonally,I'd like to see an Unleashed Aayla Secura,even though there are a few Jedi out there,it will round out the alien aspect of Unleashed IMO.

jedi master sal
03-03-2003, 08:09 AM
CHEWBACCA, hands down, well for me at least.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Leia in her white Bespin (Chasing after the Imperials to get to Han) Outfit. A classic pose of her running with the Imperial blaster, kinda like the gamepiece figure in the Epic Duels board game.

SirSteve
03-03-2003, 08:42 AM
If people show interest in the non-core characters, it could happen.

NRPeace
03-03-2003, 08:53 AM
I can think of lots of great ideas that weren't on your poll. There Wicket, Jabba, R2, Tarkin, Owen and Beru twin-pack, The Max Rebo band, Mon Mothma, Ugnaughts, Greedo, Spider-Man, Orn Fre Ta, Wuher, and that nice lady that told Anakin that the storm was coming.

187-Maul
03-03-2003, 09:12 AM
I voted for Stormtrooper but where's the Clonetrooper on that list? I'd like that even more (they could do him kinda like the Kotobuyika (sp?) clonetrooper)
but the Destroyer Droid would be my third choice since I still want an accurate Droideka and the Unleashed figs/statues are pretty good in accuracy, they could give him some blasting bolts and an arena base

stillakid
03-03-2003, 09:20 AM
While I voted for Royal Guard, I'd likely pick up a Stormtrooper if done not attacking, rather if he was getting the snot blown out of him...like this:

Kidhuman
03-03-2003, 09:35 AM
I don't know. I voted for Qui-Gon. Alot of those characters have a good shot at being made. A few I can't see making because they didn't do much in the movies.

HkChicago
03-03-2003, 09:36 AM
If people show interest in the non-core characters, it could happen.

I can only hope. While I'm most anticipating Q-G J from the list I decidided it would be more fair to vote for someone that is likely not to happen (Chewy, Lando, Stormie, Q-G are all likely)... so I've got the 1 for the Geonosian Warrior! I prefer to think we'd see Poggle, but I'll take whatever I can get.

What I'd really like to see is a few more of these per year, at least 12. Oh yeah, that and Tuan We unleashed.

SNAYSON
03-03-2003, 10:03 AM
unleash the imperials!

mrmiller
03-03-2003, 10:18 AM
A line of Unleashed Bounty Hunters would be awesome.

But I vote Chewie- a blasted Stormtrooper like Stillakid proposed would be cool to.

=MATT=

Darth Jax
03-03-2003, 11:00 AM
stormtrooper fan at heart. even better would be to make regular stormtrooper, sandtrooper and snowtrooper. not on the poll but my personal choice - bounty hunters.

Darth Grifter
03-03-2003, 11:05 AM
i voted for chewie out of this line although i could see them doing a QGJ or Lando or even - dare i say it - a JarJar Unleashed. I can image it now, covering his eyes awaiting the droids to attack. I could also see a C3P0/R2D2 ala the Jango/Boba that was so popular ;). in any case, the unleashed line has quickly become my favorite because the sculpts are excellent.

i doubt it would happen but there are a couple EU chars I would like to see, Mara, Jaina, Jacen, etc...

mini-rock
03-03-2003, 11:09 AM
I voted Imperial Guard, but honestly would like to see all on that list made, but hopefully soon we will get a female Jedi Unleashed figure. Aayla Secura like IJG said.:)

Also eventually maybe Hasbro could do like a Unleashed Battles figs where 2 figures on one base battle. Like Yoda & Dooku (AOTC), Vader & Obi-Wan (ANH), or Mace chopping off Jango's head. Something like that.:D

scruffziller
03-03-2003, 11:13 AM
I think the Wampa would be the absolute coolest.

Jerjerrod
03-03-2003, 02:25 PM
I voted for Chewbacca because of his detail potential in the unleasehed scale. The 3 3/4" Chewies are already impressive with the amount of detail and design put into them. Imagine Chewie in the unleashed line? Each individual "fur" would be sculpted. Plus he would be HUGE. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Chewie choking Lando unleashed 2-pack. That'd be cool.

The Eck
03-03-2003, 02:46 PM
I would vote for the "Alec" Obi-Wan. Maturity has its advantages.

InsaneJediGirl
03-03-2003, 02:47 PM
Qui would be cool in a similar to the Obi-Wan coming out this year.Hmm..Maybe while he is fighting the Destroyer Droids/Battle droids in TPM,when he goes to turn and slices that BD in two:D

Imperial Loyalist
03-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Won't be buying any already on the shelf - sorry cost too much.

But a battle hardened Imperial Stormtrooper with some minor battle damage would be a definite temptation...impossible to resist.

Then if I buy one I would have to collect the rest...damn this web site, powered by the dark side it is!

2-1B
03-03-2003, 03:27 PM
LANDO ! ! !

:)

decadentdave
03-03-2003, 03:47 PM
GRANDO!!!

decadentdave
03-03-2003, 03:50 PM
GREEDO!!!

AdmiralPiett
03-03-2003, 04:01 PM
I think 8D8 would be awesome as an Unleashed figure, torturing the upside down gonk droid. EV-9D9 would come out nicely also. How about an Imperial Gunner seated at a DS cannon? Finally, I think a Piett with Ozzel choking at his knees would round out the collection well.
Piett

decadentdave
03-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Speaking of choking, how about Captain Antilles being choked by Vader? Or how about Motti Unleashed? Personally I'd love to see Grand Moff Tarkin Unleashed! But Wuher Unleashed (No Blasters! No Blasters!) would just rule!

Sorry, I'm getting a little carried away with this whole "Unleashed" thing...

El Chuxter
03-03-2003, 04:45 PM
I voted for the Tusken (since Chewie is almost a given, I think), but it's not where my heart is. I'd like to see more Unleashed Jedi Masters, especially Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi Mundi, and Plo Koon. And, of course, an Unleashed TEEK!

:D

jedi-cpa
03-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Chewbacca throwing a stormtrooper. (as in rotj)

jedi-cpa
03-03-2003, 05:17 PM
Xixor unleashed!!!!!

AdmiralPiett
03-03-2003, 05:24 PM
how would they make a good teek? it would require something to show his speed. Maybe a flash of "air" behind him?
Piett

decadentdave
03-03-2003, 05:44 PM
"She-Zor... who knew?"

Darth Metalmute
03-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Personally, I don't want to see any done more than once. The second Darth Vader they released is exactly what is wrong with the 3.5" and 12" lines. The unleashed line is the best line they have released, especially for collectors that like to display. Hopefully they release an R2-D2/C-3PO two pack like someone mentioned and maybe a scene with Wicket, Teboo, and Paploo. or two Jawas and a gonk droid. (why not... their small). Most importantly, keep then in supply and hopefully they don't die like the playskool line. (What a great line to give a father and son a hobby.)

Turbowars
03-03-2003, 07:02 PM
I could see JarJar in a Unleashed Clown line. He's not fit for this line of figures. I could see Chewy, Stormy, Clone, and Tusken, but I don't see Hasbro going to far with this line. It's to nice for Hasbro.

TheDarthVader
03-03-2003, 07:45 PM
I voted for Lando although Chewie would be really nice as well. How about unleashed Shmi Skywalker? That could be neat...as well as choking ozzel or choking motti...

dr_evazan22
03-03-2003, 09:16 PM
I didn't vote b/c I haven't yet decided which I'd like to see more: Qui Gon, Lando Skiff Guard, or a Clone/ Storm Trooper.

I really like stillakid's idea of the trooper getting blasted. My fav fig display of a stormie is the COMMTech version, I have him in a blasted pose, using a REAL stand.

Unfortunately, the poses I picture some of the choices listed are pretty predictable, like a clone or Stormie, Chewie, or a Battle Droid of some sort.

I could see doing a combo of Chewie choking Lando from ESB. A Jedi Training Luke would be neat also, maybe balancing on one hand "levitating" some rocks...

jedi-cpa
03-03-2003, 09:57 PM
UNleashed R@ getting zapped by a jawa

Or unleashed Salacious Crumb getting zapped by r2

R2 Zapping An ewok

Unleashed Luke and Dianoga (splashing water, exagrated Luke face, NICE!!)

bobafrett
03-03-2003, 11:13 PM
I voted for a Stormtrooper, but I'm having a hard time imagining a Stormtrooper in some sort of outlandish action pose like Darth Maul, or looking sexy as Leia. I do love the Unleashed line though, and I'm still waiting for the Anakin, Mace, and Darth Tyranus to go on sale so I can pick up a second of each of those figures to open.

stillakid
03-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by bobafrett
I voted for a Stormtrooper, but I'm having a hard time imagining a Stormtrooper ....looking sexy as Leia.

You just have to know where to look. :cool:

http://www.richiesarmor.com/fem_troop_1.htm

http://www.richiesarmor.com/fem_troop_2.htm

http://www.richiesarmor.com/fem_troop_5.htm

http://www.richiesarmor.com/fem_troop_3.htm

http://bluecastle.crosswinds.net/dragoncon2002/DSC00081.JPG

Ashxking
03-04-2003, 12:35 AM
I would like a Bespin Luke it would fit well with Vader and the detail. Or "A NEW HOPE" Obi Won with hood up and ready to be struck down by Vader.

metaljedi
03-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Well since there was no Aayla Secura or ANY Bounty Hunters. I chose Qui-Gon Jinn.

bobafrett
03-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Hey StillaKid, I saw the gal with the bright Red/pink hair at CII. I was doing trooper duty with her, but how can I forget the young lady in the other pictures! Now that would be a sexy Unleashed trooper! :D

James Boba Fettfield
03-04-2003, 08:12 AM
Yeah, Jar Jar Binks would be a terrible Unleashed figure. Unleashed Jar Jar is an oxymoron.

Pete
03-04-2003, 09:47 AM
I voted for the tusken raider. I've always liked the tusken raiders, they're very mysterious and what not. The emperor's royal guard and chewy would've been a tie for second.

I suppose Unleashed Jawas would be pushing our luck. :)

halcon orlus
03-04-2003, 09:52 AM
Alec Obi Wan Unleashed!

Stormtrooper Unleashed!

Hoth Han Unleashed!

Mouse Droid Unleashed!

Imperial Loyalist
03-04-2003, 11:26 AM
I've revised my vote:

"Space Slug Unleashed" with
"Mynocks unleashed"
or how about
"Gonk Droid unleashed"

or
"Tatoinne Moisture Vapouraters uneleashed"

Hoping Hasbro is reading.

JangoFart
03-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Lord, I shudder at the thought of an unleashed Jar Jar....

Then again, I just thought of some good ones: Unleashed Jar Jar with "icky-icky goo" on foot; Unleashed Jar Jar with Eopie fart-sniffing pose and "pee-you-sa" expression; or Unleashed Jar Jar with "how wude" pose and unnecessarily long-held grin as an R2 unit bumps into him.

I'd buy 5 of each - 1 to burn; 1 to smash with a hammer; 1 to drop out of my 10th story office window; 1 to run over with my car; and 1 to shoot with a 12-gauge shotgun.

J

Turbowars
03-04-2003, 08:30 PM
LOL, man that's priceless!

skeeziks22
03-05-2003, 03:28 AM
I assume the Emperor is on the list for release... lightning and all. I'd also like to see Tarkin, just standing there. That guy was in my nightmares more than Vader when I was a kid. I mean he could have been real. How about Jabba... if we're going small beasts I think he fits in there(how do you "unleash" him though?).
Speaking of... I have a Darth Maul (unleashed) with a Darth Tyranus trading card packed in... any more like that out there?

Fraggle
03-05-2003, 05:37 AM
I voted for the battle droid cuz the broken one on the Unleashed Anakin is pretty darn cool. Personally, I would like to have an Unleashed Jar Jar Binks but that prolly will never happen. Watto would be another choice but, if I could pick one character, it'd be Greedo of whom I'm surprised wasn't on the list o' choices.

Fraggle

chewbacca71
03-05-2003, 10:23 AM
Chewy of course!!!

jedibear
03-06-2003, 02:30 AM
I really hope Hasbro does a Qui-Gon. I hope it's from the trade fed ship scene, perhaps on a base that included the melting door. (Mainly because it would include a cloak)

I was delightfully suprised about the forthcoming AOTC Obi-Wan. Looks superb...

Fraggle
03-06-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by jedibear
I really hope Hasbro does a Qui-Gon. I hope it's from the trade fed ship scene, perhaps on a base that included the melting door. (Mainly because it would include a cloak)

I was delightfully suprised about the forthcoming AOTC Obi-Wan. Looks superb...

Just as long as it's not another " screaming " Qui-Gon. ;)

A Jedi duel Qui-Gon would be cool though. .... or an exhausted Qui-Gon laying on the ship deck clutching his heart.... wait, that'd be silly.

Fraggle:D

OriginalBryGuy
03-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Oh come on..that's easy...YODA!!!

What's that you say? Already doing Yoda? Ha! Then let's see...how about the Wampa!! That'd be cool..

At this point everyone who enjoyed Jar Jar Binks in Episode I has had a few years to figure how how lame he is. I'd rather see a 'Baby Ewok Unleashed' then another Jar Jar Binks figure anyday.

mrmiller
03-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Unleashed Jar Jar is an oxymoron.

:D
ROTFL!!!!!!LOL!!!!!ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Your killing me JBF- that's the funniest thing I've read in a while. Thanks for making my day.

Unleashed Wicket would be next.

=MATT=

DagMarus
03-09-2003, 06:34 PM
I'd go for a Chewie/Stormtrooper combo with chewie going nuts on Bespin.

bobafrett
03-09-2003, 10:29 PM
DagMarus, are you familiar with the Midwest Garrison? Your name is similar to someone who posts on the boards there.

plasticfetish
03-13-2003, 07:09 PM
How long will I have to wait before they unleash Jorg Sacul?

CloneTrooperMace
03-13-2003, 07:21 PM
I'd like to see padma show some more skin in an new outfit.

CloneTrooperMace
03-13-2003, 07:22 PM
How about padma in the meadow with ankin?

187-Maul
03-14-2003, 03:37 PM
I think it's a bit earlier for the Unleashed line to be making more figs of the same characters, they should first concentrate on other characters so we get more variety

CloneTrooperMace
03-16-2003, 02:34 PM
Should they make double pack unleashed Sets?

Which Double pack unleashed would you buy?
[list=a]
Mace & CloneTrooper
Yoda & CloneTrooper
Obi-won & Jango Fett
Mace & Jango Fett
Yoda & Youngling
[/list=a]

May The The Force be with you