PDA

View Full Version : New Playskool Sets?

mm74md
03-03-2003, 06:33 PM
Does anyone know if there are any plans for additional Playskool sets?

My toddler son loves them!

Thunderstorm1
03-03-2003, 11:06 PM
I hope so! The sets from last year are very cool!

Kidhuman
03-03-2003, 11:08 PM
I only have seen one of them. They are pretty cool. I never did get the Ewok one which is the one I wanted. I got the Naboo one. Maybe they will make more, I hope so.

bobafrett
03-04-2003, 12:15 AM
I found these sets very hard to find. I rarely see a Falcon playset. I bought them with the intention of opening them all, but so far they remail in their packages.

I'd love to see more from this line!

Tycho
03-04-2003, 05:53 AM
Me too!

Notice how there's always a group of characters that belong together with the vehicle and at least one "enemy" of the others?

I keep thinking of these other cute set ups....

Landspeeder with Luke, Obi-Wan, Sandtrooper, Greedo

Dewback with Sandtrooper, R2, C-3PO, Jawa

Sandcrawler with Jawa, R5, RA-7, Gonk

Vader TIE with Vader, Tarkin, Stormtrooper, Wedge

TIE Fighter with TIE Pilot, Piett, Stormtrooper, Biggs

Y-wing with Grey Leader, Ackbar, R3 Droid, TIE Pilot

Cloud Car with Lando, Lobot, Cloud Car Pilot, IG-88

Slave-One with Boba Fett, Bossk, Dengar, Frozen Han

Snowspeeder with Hobbie, Janson, Hoth Soldier, Snowtrooper

AT-AT with AT-AT Driver, Veers, Snowtrooper, Leia Hoth

TIE Bomber with TIE Pilot, Chewbacca, Snowtrooper, Han Bespin

Lambda Shuttle with Emperor, Royal Guard, Vader, Luke Jedi

Sailbarge with Jabba, Klaatu, Gamorrean, Bib Fortuna, Luke Jedi

B-wing with Nien Numb, Lando General, Leia Endor, Bikerscout

A-wing with Han Endor, A-wing Pilot, Logray, Bikerscout

TIE Interceptor with TIE Pilot, Royal Guard, Imperial Gunner, Wedge Antilles

Sith Infiltrator with Sidious, Darth Maul, BattleDroid, Qui-Gon Jinn

AAT Tank with Nute Gunray, OOM-9, Rune Haako, Captain Tarpals

2 Kaadu with BattleDroid, JarJarBinks, Gungan Warrior, Destroyer Droid

Gungan Sub with Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, JarJar Binks

Queens Starship with Queen Amidala, Captain Panaka, R2D2, Anakin Skywalker, Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul

2 Droid Fighters with BattleDroid, TC-14, Daulty Dofine

Sebulba and Anakin's Podracers with Anakin, Sebulba, Watto, Shmi Skywalker, C-3PO

Senator's Starship with Padme Pilot, Captain Typho, R2D2, Corde, Zam Wessel

2 Coruscant Speeders with Zam, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Jango Fett

Jedi Starfighter with Obi-Wan, Kit Fisto, Shaak-Ti, Count Dooku

Solar Sailor with Dooku, Poggle the Lesser, BattleDroid, Yoda

Geonosian Fighter with Geonosian Warrior, Padme Arena Battle, Clone Trooper, Destroyer Droid

Republic Gunship with Mace Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi Mundi, Clone Trooper, Super Battle Droid

Acklay Beast with Nexu Beast, Anakin Skywalker, Plo Koon, Super Battle Droid

Hailfire Droid with Spider Droid, BattleDroid, Clone Trooper, Aayla Secura

...and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of other possibilities

bobafrett
03-04-2003, 07:47 AM
And the list goes on, and on, and .............

Wow, I said I'd like a few new sets, not go broke collecting them!

mm74md
03-04-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett
I found these sets very hard to find. I rarely see a Falcon playset. I bought them with the intention of opening them all, but so far they remail in their packages.

I'd love to see more from this line!

The only place I've seen them is KB Toys. If you are lucky enough like I am to have a KB Toy Outlet near you, look there. They have them all at my local one. Including the Falcon for $24.99 (very cool. My son loves 'fixing the hyperdrive').

If anyone is interested, I can pick any up for you (if they are still in stock). I'd only ask that you pay for shipping costs.

PM if anyone is interested.

gibbspaulus
03-04-2003, 09:10 AM
Tycho, you have too much time on your hands - get a hobby! :-P

I love the look of the playskool stuff, but have only got the Speeder Bike one so far (too much Saga to buy). I aim to pick them up over the next year, possibly when I'm in the states in May.

Darth Jax
04-23-2003, 11:27 PM
kb in my area recently got more of these sets in. i'd passed on them when i first saw them, but since i haven't found much new recently needed a way to spend my SW dollars. opened them myself and found them much more entertaining than most of my 3.75" collection. too bad they've been discontinued as now i want more. the falcon set is simply amazing. the detail on the ship is great as are the little characters that come with the set. x-wing is great too. only set i'm not too wild about is naboo, but that might be because of prequel hatred. the vehicles look too streamlined to have preceded the boxier classic ships. look at an early honda and todays model, which one looks older/which more advanced. then look at the ships in the original and prequel series, but i digress.

by all means, pick these up before they disappear.

Turbowars
04-23-2003, 11:47 PM
yeah my local KB has all the sets, but they arn't on sale. I thought that was strange. Anyways, they are cool and I would only buy them if I had a kid. I have no interest in these, but they are cool. Well maybe I'll get the Falcon.:o

bobafrett
04-24-2003, 12:20 AM
I've got all the sets, but sadly I haven't opened them yet.

stillakid
04-24-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by turbowars
yeah my local KB has all the sets, but they arn't on sale. I thought that was strange. Anyways, they are cool and I would only buy them if I had a kid. I have no interest in these, but they are cool. Well maybe I'll get the Falcon.:o

The Falcon is very cool, but so is the XWing. I highly recommend these even without a kid around. They are just too cute! :)

JangoFart
04-24-2003, 10:36 AM
I have a set of all boxed. My 18 month old girl has a set of all un-boxed :) She LOVES these things and plays with them everyday. As my geek genes are apparently dominant, she has little choice.

She can hum the "Imperial March" music and make the sounds of Vader, Chewie, Jabba, battle droids, and does a mean lightsaber with clashing sounds!! LOL (We had a 5 minute duel in the toy aisle at Wal-Mart last weekend :) )

She can also name almost 40 different characters from the whole series. As much of a fan as I am, poor girl never had a chance, I guess :)

With all this, I hate to see Hasbro stop making the Playskool sets. She won't be young forever and I'm sure she'd like to have more of these suckers. She's just too young for me to let her play with the regular figures - choking hazards and all. I'd love to see more of this line right down to each and every one Tycho listed.

J

abell748
04-24-2003, 03:45 PM
I hope they make more, it keeps my 4 year old out of my stuff!

OC47150
04-24-2003, 04:52 PM
I babysat my four-year-old niece the other day and we played SW. She has the Falcon playset, the X-wing and Endor sets. I might have to get the Naboo and Hoth sets for her birthday this year.

They are fun.

DravenUnleashed
04-24-2003, 09:26 PM
I havent found any of these sets anywhere near me... It took a trip down to S. Cali (From N. Cali) to find the Naaboo and XWing set and then a trip towards inland Cali (Cow Country) to find damaged packaged Endor and Arena... I didnt know about the Falcon until I looked on Ebay and that dam thing is going for $60!!

Whats this I see above about this line being discontinued??

JediTricks
04-25-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
The Falcon is very cool, but so is the XWing. I highly recommend these even without a kid around. They are just too cute! :) Ditto! These 2 sets are must-haves for any SW collector IMO. I like the other OT sets too but they're not must-haves, the Falcon and X-wing are both vital.

I've been seeing a lot of the short-packed Ep 2 Arena set at my KBs lately, but I just can't bring myself to buy it.

I hope Hasbro decides to continue this line soon, it's surprisingly popular and not "cancelled", just not active. There's tons more they could do that would be recognizable by little ones and fun toys.

Darth Jax
04-25-2003, 08:22 PM
the likeness is dead on in a kiddish sort of way. the reek set is fun, cuz the jedi stick like glue to the reek. who needs to ride it when you can just cling to the side. the only drawback is the lack of articulation with the figs.

for most of the 3.75" figs they are vastly superior in the package. the playskool sets really don't come alive until you've got them in your hands and can play with them.

hopefully i was mistaken about the discontinued status and the are just on hiatus.

Sentinel18725
04-26-2003, 12:51 AM
I received a survey ****SSSSHHHHH******(confidential) and it basically put two packaging options of these figures and there price point out there and asked for a rating. It was current figures out but they compared two packs for one price or three figures and a vehicle for another price. I tried to give all positive feedback so hopefully they might continue this line.