PDA

View Full Version : Saga 4 pack sale

Bent Wookie
03-03-2003, 05:36 PM
I don't know how long this sale is supposed to last or if it's nationwide or not, but most of their sales are and I didn't see a post on this already, so here goes. Last night I dropped by KB to find the saga 4 packs are now on sale for 33% off! That makes them just $6 and some change. If you've been waiting to pick them up, now's your chance!

Of course, most of these are just repacks of the same figures most already have, but it might be a decent time to pick up some army builders and for just a few cents more than what figures cost us about a year ago! That's right, get yourself and army of Zam Wesells! Use 'em as Imperial Shock Troops! :D

Seeing these on sale, I started wondering if they were "official" or not. I mean, are there a certain number of different ones to collect or are they just dead stock randomly shoved into the cardboard covers? Might be something good to know in case you're a MOC collector. So how many different packouts were produced? Anyone?

Banthaholic
03-04-2003, 01:19 AM
These are just overstock put in a carbboard frame. Although when on sale, you really can't go wrong with them.

I picked up a 2nd set of these, this time with the Battle Droid in it(I prev picked up one with a SBD)

I've seen tons of combinations of these, making it obviously near impossible for a completest, especially considering some of the figures have backgrounds and some don't. If your into collecting unusual items pick up one for the collection, otherwise just pick up a bunch of figures for cheap.

OC47150
03-04-2003, 07:56 AM
I picked up two sets at Christmas time for the Bespin Chewies (the best Chewie Hasbro has made!) and the goateed Endor Rebel trooper. The trooper was for customizing; his head now belongs on Ric Olie's body.

Can't beat the price for customizing!

JEDIpartner
03-04-2003, 08:40 AM
These are a total bargain compared to the $8.00 K-mart 2-pack!

OC47150
03-04-2003, 08:49 AM
You're right. I picked up the Kmart two-pack when the Coruscant chase Obi-Wan was hard to find.

Some of the Kmarts in my area still have the two-packs.