PDA

View Full Version : Which ship should I get??

Uriarte69
03-03-2003, 08:24 PM
I'm thinking about getting my first ship, and I was looking for some suggestions. I like to display things sealed, but I do open on occasion too. What's your favorite ship and why??

Beast
03-03-2003, 08:30 PM
TIE Bomber - A ship that's been badly wanted since 1980, and was only made originally in the die cast line by Kenner. It took 22 years before it finally saw production. But it was definatly worth the wait. Since it's not a retooled vintage mold, it features all new sculpting and is one of the best classic vehicles of all time. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bent Wookie
03-03-2003, 09:35 PM
I'm going with the Imperial Shuttle or the AT-AT. Both have a presence that can't be ignored. It also helps that they're HUGE! Both also have a playset feel. And both represent their respective movies extremely well. If you were to mention a vehicle for each of these movies, most folks would instantly recognize the AT-AT for Empire and the shuttle for ROTJ. Of course, both are a little pricey, but well worth it imo.

Other fun vehicles--the Falcon, X-Wing FX, A-Wing and the Ties.

But it ultimately rides on what vehicle YOU like the best. They're both fun, but if you don't like them as much, you won't get the same satisfaction.

Hope I helped.

Bent

Jerjerrod
03-03-2003, 09:45 PM
TIE Bomber and Saga TRU X-Wing are inexpensive, but big in size, and also nicely detailed. :)

12inch Lando
03-03-2003, 09:51 PM
Electronic X-wing, AT-AT, Imperial Shuttle.

Chiesa
03-03-2003, 10:37 PM
AT-AT, Imperial Shuttle, Tie Bomber

Strangely I do love the new Republic Gunship :D

mark2d2
03-03-2003, 11:20 PM
My favorite vehicle thus far is definitely the TIE BOMBER. As JarJar said --- it was a long, long wait for this little ship. I was totally shocked --- and totally pleased when I heard that at long lasr this one was in production.

The end results certainly exceded my sky high expectations. Yes, this is one heckuva toy, folks. The "bombing" mechanism works just great and the "bombs" themselves are even pretty cool. Hasbro went all out on this puppy --- and it shows. The details very closely match photos I've seen of the actual film prop.

Also, this ship just screams classic STAR WARS. Anybody who sees it will immediately recognize it as being from the Saga even if they can't quite place the ship due to its obscurity.

Other ships that get high marks from me are:

JANGO FETT'S SLAVE 1. (Great revamping -- cool "bombing feature" -- and a groovy three figure cockpit -- R4-M9 fits great where l'il Boba should.)

DARTH VADER'S TIE FIGHTER. (Nifty all-new mold)

AT-AT. (Cool electronics make this one a must have)

SNOWSPEEDER (POTF2 version --- I love electronics.)

2002 LANDSPEEDER (Nicely redone. Great details.)

Looking ahead --- I await the SANDCRAWLER with baited breath. Surely this one will at least tie the BOMBER in my book. Also, that rumored TIE FIGHTER has alot of potential --- if Hasbro does it totally right.

Jaff
03-04-2003, 12:00 AM
TIE Bomber, Imperial Shuttle, and AT-AT

Don't forget the Tatooine Skiff too!

If you want something cool, inexpensive and large go for the Republic Gunship.

jedihunter25
03-04-2003, 12:11 AM
My favorite ship has always been the Imperial Shuttle. Ever since I saw ROTJ on opening day when I was 11- and still to this day- I think it's the coolest and most beautiful ship the the SW galaxy. When I was 16 and more into playing in rock bands, I got rid of all my SW toys (like many others) and the only thing I kept was my Shuttle. A few years later it got crushed into pieces while I was moving across country:cry: . Ever since they started making SW toys again back in 95', I've been waiting for a new and improved Imperial Shuttle. Now I have two new ones. I put one on top of a cabinet with the wings up in the landed position, and the other one I rigged from my ceiling with five fishing lines and rigg points in the flying position with the wings fully expanded.:cool:

mtriv73
03-04-2003, 09:23 AM
If it's your first ship, then I would go with the new X-wing. Better yet, you can pick up an F/X X-wing on E-bay for $20 or less (sometimes.) The X-wing's are really well done and are signature ships for the first trilogy. Of course, if you get an X-wing you need something for it to blow up so I would suggest a tie bomber or a tie interceptor.

JEDIpartner
03-04-2003, 09:38 AM
I have both the TRU X-Wing and the Republic Gunship. Both are among the best ships ever so I would HAVE to recommend them. They are both also still available and I know the Gunship is selling at discounted prices.

Uriarte69
03-04-2003, 09:09 PM
I can't find the tru x-wing anywhere on Ebay. Anyone know where I could get one? Or am I searching under the wrong thing. SAGA X-WING, AOTC X-Wing, TRU X-WING. I've had no luck with either.

Sidiously Darth
03-04-2003, 10:00 PM
If you want a good ship for a cheap price, get the Gunship off KB Toys site for $9.99 plus shipping which runs a little over $8.

Republic Gunship (http://www.kbtoys.com/mp/surprise.html/ls/default/place/agta)

Beats the heck out of spending $130 on a shuttle.

Prince Xizor
03-04-2003, 10:06 PM
Well, I don't own the Tie Bomber, but after this thread, I really think I am going to pick one up.

Of the ships I own, I would recommend the Jango Fett Slave I or the Republic Gunship. Both ships are very well done, and fun to play with.

AdmiralPiett
03-04-2003, 11:39 PM
If you're looking for a ship that's great for displaying loose action figures in, get the Tatooine Skiff.
I think the vintage Y-wing is the most beautiful Rebel ship but it's hard to come by complete.
As for Imperial ships, go for the Imperial Shuttle, AT-AT, or any of the Tie Fighters (except the POTF2 Darth Vader Tie with the tacky green missiles).
Piett

Teeska Mon Eebon
03-05-2003, 10:33 PM
So Far tie Bomber and the Gunship are at the top of my list

Darkross
03-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Tatooine Skiff is definitely my favorite vehicle in my collection. Tie Bomber is a very close second. If you have a limited budget...then I would spring for the SAGA landspeeder...a very nice vehicle...even though I don't have it...it's still one of the best yet.

LTBasker
03-06-2003, 11:40 AM
The Gunship, it has so many features it'll spin your head around, or the Saga X-wing. :cool: Also the Gunship is getting rereleased with cool black highlights instead of red for Clone Wars and according to Hasbro's listing it's supposed to be $30 ($10 less).

I also reccomend the Saga Landspeeder, pretty nice vehicle for $20, but right now Amazon has it for $15.