PDA

View Full Version : Did we win?

Darth Cruel
03-03-2003, 09:55 PM
From Hasbro's Website:

Introducing two new versions of Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi. In Spring of 2004, we will be releasing a new sculpt of Luke with tons of detail and multiple points of articulation (see 2004 sculpting input). In the Fall of 2003, a new kids' version of Luke will also be available. This aggressive version of Luke has a cool lightsaber slashing action to recreate the Throne Room battle with Darth Vader. While kids love the cool action features, the wave of figures including Luke, Darth Vader and the Snowtrooper will be the last wave for 2003 with action features. This Fall, Collection 1 figures will become Clone Wars figures with an emphasis on cool new gear. And Collection 2 will become our Saga Collection and we will continue to offer movie-based figures with great authenticity, detail and articulation.

Could this be the start of the end of the action features? Is Hasbro getting a clue? Will Darth Cruel begin buying Star Wars action figures anew?

These and other questions may be answered in the next exciting episode of "As the Galaxy far, far away turns".

Kidhuman
03-03-2003, 10:12 PM
I sure hope they are the end of action features. I hope you can get back into buying more Star Wars. I surely like the nuetral poses better than the action poses and all.

jedihunter25
03-03-2003, 11:30 PM
I was relieved when I heard the news that it will soon be the end of the action features. I think Hasbro finally caught on to our wishes. Not many collectors are thrilled with the action features and not many kids like it either. The facial expessions are horrible too- even in the Clone War battle on Geonosis scene that I made, Mace looks pretty supid with his Crest white teeth and his eyes closed (did anyone see him make that expression in the movie? I didn't.) I do like the multiple points of articulation idea because you can use the same fig in different scenes instead of Hasbro making 20 different figs with different poses of the same character in the same outfit.

Jargo
03-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Ding dong the witch is dead, which ol' witch? The wicked old witch. Ding dong the wicked witch is dead!!!!!! :D

They may be back of course but we'll be ready for them next time. There will be blood and battle, I think hasbro knows who'll win... :evil:

Incidentaly, Nick Rabin who was brand manager at hasbro UK has gone and been rplaced by some judie called Sam. Whether this ha anything to do with hasbro being fined by the office of fair trading or not remains to be seen but hasbro UK has a new brand manager and that means a shake up somewhere, perhaps hasbro US has also had a shake up? I wonder if randy still holds his position within the company as the man who 'puts the action features into the figures'? I wonder if he's still around? I mean heavens above hasbro needs incredibly talented people like randy around to keep the whole thing ticking over smoothly.... Why, hasbro would be nothing without the multi talented randy. he pretty much holds the company together with creative glue - apparently and allegedly.

But if he's gone i'd like to say, buh-bye randy, missin' ya already....

jjreason
03-23-2003, 02:54 AM
I don't know, Jargo. The man had a huge job, who could they ever find to design, sculpt, produce, glue, paint, package and deliver every single SW toy they make? I'd like to see any other single person take on that task.......

evenflow
03-31-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by kidhuman
I sure hope they are the end of action features. I hope you can get back into buying more Star Wars. I surely like the nuetral poses better than the action poses and all.

I feel exactly the same way. I need something to get me back in, and I am all about the neutral poses.

Jargo
04-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Huh, wouldja lookee here, my **** has been censored... that aint fair. It was an innocent **** too. :(

randy can't be in charge of all of everything anymore JJ because the new stuff is coming out okay. I just got my padme droid factory and she actually holds together unlike the last padme who just falls apart. The research droids both work okay. the speeders with figures are okay despite the damn action feature on the Geo speeder. My sandtrooper army builder sets all arrived in perfect shape apart from one who has one lens on his helmet only half painted but I got a spare blaster in one set so that makes up for it. So randy must have been demoted or just lost his super action featurising powers. Maybe he got exposed to a shard of McFarlanelite rock, had his powers all drained away. Gotta be something like that or else why would things suddenly change?

TheDarthVader
04-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Ut oh! They said, "will be the last collection of 2003 figures with action features." That does not mean 2004 figures will not have them! :)