PDA

View Full Version : GTA Vice City?

Fulit
03-03-2003, 11:25 PM
Anyone know when/if Vice City is coming out for PC?:confused:

12inch Lando
03-04-2003, 04:26 AM
Nope. Sony has an exclusive deal with the Grand Theft Auto series developer Rockstar which will keep GTA games on the PS2 through the end of 2004. Maybe you'll get "State of Emergency" from Rockstar on PC. It's almost as good.:rolleyes:

James Boba Fettfield
03-04-2003, 04:59 AM
May 13, 2003, Fulit. May 16, 2003 in Europe.

Fulit
03-04-2003, 11:01 AM
So which of you is right? I want to believe Fettfield, since he's telling me what I want to hear. GTA 3 didn't take that long to come out on PC did it, I bought it just last fall.

Boba Rhett
03-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Fettfield is right. :) The news was recently accounced. (About two weeks ago I think)

Fulit
03-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Yeah! Stop trying to scare me, 12 Lando, with your strong arm tactics, and macho head games!

j/k:p

12inch Lando
03-04-2003, 12:50 PM
Hmm... Must be console exclusivity only. Interesting. My apologies.

James Boba Fettfield
03-04-2003, 07:16 PM
Yeah, that's how those exclusive deals work. They usually don't count pc versions of the game.

JediTricks
03-04-2003, 09:14 PM
I can't imagine this game without a PS2 dual shock controller... I can barely play it WITH that controller but I can't imagine playing it without. ;) There are so many vital controls needed there, I can't think of a natural way to do it with a standard PC game controller & a keyboard.

Dar' Argol
03-06-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I can't imagine this game without a PS2 dual shock controller... I can barely play it WITH that controller but I can't imagine playing it without. ;) There are so many vital controls needed there, I can't think of a natural way to do it with a standard PC game controller & a keyboard.

There are PS type controllers out there for the PC. They may not have the Dual Shock in them, but the styling is the same.

12inch Lando
03-06-2003, 05:08 AM
Elitist PC Gamer-- "A MOUSE AND A KEYBOARD ARE THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES!!! IF YOU'RE A CONSOLE PLAYER AND DON'T KNOW THE WONDEROUS JOY OF PLAYING A VIDEO GAME WITH A MOUSE AND KEYBOARD THEN YOUR ARE A PITIFUL FOOL!!! CONSOLES SUCK! PCs RULE!!! BLAHBLAHBLAH!!!"

Has anyone ever ran into this guy before?

QLD
03-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Yeah, his name was Deadeye. ;)

Oh, and 10 people a day like that when I worked at EB.

Boba Rhett
03-06-2003, 12:26 PM
How did you keep from slapping the customers? :D

Jek Porky 2002
03-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Is there a fifth GTA game planned at all?

BoShek
03-11-2003, 09:55 PM
"Is there a fifth GTA game planned at all?"

Yep and rumor has it that the town will be San Andreas (since the orginal had neighborhoods were Liberty, Vice and San Andreas on the original or something).

I am hoping for more interior buldings to explore, the ability to steal a pizza delivery car and make deliveries and to make contacts with people and use them as thugs/friends (that last idea is from PS2 Magazine).

Fulit
03-11-2003, 10:58 PM
Someone give me the run-down, what are some things Vice City has that GTA 3 doesn't, besides the ability to fly helicopters and drive motorcycles?

12inch Lando
03-12-2003, 12:12 PM
The ability to get lost and sidetracked easier. I'm really sorry Fulit but I played the game for 10 hours or so and I only got to the second mission. I kept getting sidetracked by... everything. Causing mayhem, checking out the scenery or just listening to the soundtrack. Just buy it.:D

BoShek
03-13-2003, 11:54 AM
"Causing mayhem . . ."

Tell me about it!

Favorite way to do it?

Me on GTA3: get in the back of a truck that a person is driving and open fire. Some times they will speed up and you will get thrown out. Other times they will keep driving slow! That's fun!

And also get a few wanted stars/cops after you and get on the monarail/train. Watch the bottom of the screen for the cops to go crashing into the poles (near the street) for the train! :p

JediTricks
03-14-2003, 01:00 AM
"Causing Mayhem"

Last Tuesday

GTA:Vice City

Chainsawed some North Point mall security suckers... I mean "officers" (these are the same clowns that get into fights with the real cops and get blown away, that's a great piece of AI! :D) to get the attention of the cops. Tore up the cops in the contest car in the mall until it blew up, mowed down a few gangs with the uzi on my way to the door. 3 stars. Stepped outside and started shooting wildly, cops show up, use flamethrower on them. 4 stars. Steal car and smash into cop barricades, do massive drive-bys of cops trying to stop me, crash car in front of police station, go inside and whip out the last of the flamethrower, chainsaw a few cops, pull out the shotgun and start blasting away. 5 stars. Hunker down in an office but cops can't hit me behind the desk, so run for the door and kill a few more on the way. Steal another car and immediately get run off the road by FBI trucks and SWAT. Steal FBI truck and smash into SWAT van, get "busted". Out on bail, $100 poorer. 0 stars.

Damn I love this game! :evil: :D

12inch Lando
03-14-2003, 06:37 AM
Wow JT! How could I have forgotten in such a short time? I've got some vacation time coming up. I think I'll dust Vice City off and give it another go. You have inspired me JT!:) The funny thing is that I never owned GTA3. I'd heard all about it but never played it. I remember while playing Vice City for the first time and trying to get used to everything I kept getting into slap fights with hookers.... and I'm ashamed to admit that I got arrested for stealing... a moped. The cop was right around the corner and I didn't even see him! This scared me away from jacking vehicles for about another hour or so. That's when I had my moment of clarity and realized that it didn't really matter what you did in the game so I just started freaking out like JT^. I never found the chain saw though...

QLD
03-14-2003, 10:50 AM
Chain Saw is fun.....

but my favorite is the Sniper rifle or rocket launcher.

I love to go on killing rampages in the mall, until a chopper shows up, and starts dropping SWAT team members inside. Then you can take out the choper with the rocket launcher. Oh sweet paradise! :evil:

JediTricks
03-14-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by 12inch Lando
The funny thing is that I never owned GTA3. I'd heard all about it but never played it. Same here, I wanted to, but it was either too expensive or sold out when I had the money. I got GTA:VC for free thanks to some rewards points. :D

and I'm ashamed to admit that I got arrested for stealing... a moped. The cop was right around the corner and I didn't even see him! I hate getting busted on a motorcyle, it's so annoying because the cop punches you and knocks you off the bike, but you could EASILY just whip out a weapon and blast him. :D

I never found the chain saw though... You get a chainsaw in the first Col Cortez mission "Treacherous Swine", the key is simply to hang onto that sucker until you finish the mission, then save the game and NEVER take another melee weapon or get busted and then save, and you'll always have it. There's a place on the west island where you can buy one, but I haven't gotten there yet because I'm so busy doing non-mission stuff. :evil: :D