PDA

View Full Version : Who's got what?

Fulit
03-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Is there anyone else out there that hasn't found any of the new figures, (since Ephant Mon, and including him)? I hear the Anakin and Dooku speeders were found recently, and the deficit is starting to pile up. I was wondering if the slump was nation wide, or what?

Dr Zoltar
03-04-2003, 02:33 PM
I found a few of the new stuff two weeks ago at one Wal-Mart, but that's it. I got maybe half of the new figures that were released (New Padme, New Tusken Raider, etc.). A stock person who works toys said they got 2 boxes of the newer figs but that scalpers took care of buying them up within 24 hours of them being put on the shelves. I tell yeah, I'm about to throw in the towel on collecting Hasbro Star Wars stuff.

Val Da Car
03-04-2003, 03:27 PM
you know the online retailers like KebcoToys and some of the other sponsors are looking better and better since they can at least deliver new figures sooner than retailers since most scalpers have NO J-O-B-S and pick items off the shelves before hard working 1st shifters get to the stores.....

Lunch time runs are getting dryer and dryer....

AdmiralPiett
03-04-2003, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I'm to the point where I don't even know what's out and what isn't anymore. The newest stuff I've seen is the Destroyer Droid and the new Episode 1 Yoda. Is the Saga Rebel Fleet Trooper wave out yet?
Piett

bobafrett
03-04-2003, 11:35 PM
It's getting to the point where I don't even like going out to the local stores here anymore, because they either have near empty pegs or, like at a Toy's "R" Us nearest to my place, they have tons and tons of the older figures, with no more room for newer figures. I did manage to pick up Padme, the library droids, the Tusken ambush, and a few rehashes, but then after that, nothing. Well, other than a few 12" figures.

AdmiralPiett
03-04-2003, 11:45 PM
I never got a POTJ Rebel Trooper or Eeth Koth the first time around so I'm waiting for those guys to hit my area. It is tough going to the stores when all I find there are senator figures that I already have.
Piett

bobafrett
03-04-2003, 11:45 PM
Rebel Trooper, Imperial officer guy, Eeth Koth and Teebo, yes those are the 4 rehashes, but I bought them anyway. I remember picking up an 8th figure, but I remember I bought a second Tusken to open and put with his other soon to be dead companions!

AdmiralPiett
03-04-2003, 11:47 PM
8th figure?

bobafrett
03-04-2003, 11:51 PM
Well, I bought 8 figures that day, but I had purchased 2 of the Tuskens, because that figure is just way to cool to keep in it's package

AdmiralPiett
03-04-2003, 11:54 PM
In my opinion they didn't need to re-release Teebo. He was probably the easiest figure to find of the Boshek wave. I would definitely love it if they re-released Sio Bibble, R2 w/Holo Leia, and Hooded Leia.
Piett

bobafrett
03-04-2003, 11:55 PM
I see the R2-D2 with holographic Leia from time to time on eBay. I've also seen it at various cons. I have 2 myself, one I got as a present, the other I picked up at a convention, but I don't emember how much I paid for it.

AdmiralPiett
03-04-2003, 11:55 PM
The new Tusken figure itself looks sweet but the base really puts it over the top.
Piett

AdmiralPiett
03-04-2003, 11:57 PM
You know which figure I wish they would re-release? Theed Amidala. I never got that one. I was away at school at the time and pretty much didn't have time to keep up with new figures.

AdmiralPiett
03-04-2003, 11:59 PM
True, I don't like keeping stuff carded either. It makes rooms look too small. Vintage is the only stuff that should be kept carded because the pictures on the packages were big and interesting and the overall package design was top notch.
Piett

AdmiralPiett
03-05-2003, 12:06 AM
It's so expensive though for a fig that is not totally rare, at least among collectors. I'd rather put the money towards something that's a bit more rare like a vintage Dignitary.
Piett

AdmiralPiett
03-05-2003, 12:16 AM
yeah, I'm surprised market forces haven't ousted that guy straight out of business by now. I was checking KebCo and that fig was listed for $14.99 before shipping. Rip off!
Piett

bobafrett
03-05-2003, 12:16 AM
$800 for a little plastic figure? What is he nuts? I knew his prices were outrageous, but man, that takes the cake. I do have my limits on what I'm willing to pay for a figure.

I leave most of my figures packaged, because I'm afraid of losing the weapons and/or accessories. I do pick up seconds of ones that I like, and display them on my entertainment center.

AdmiralPiett
03-05-2003, 12:18 AM
What I want to know is where Brian gets all his vintage inventory from.
Piett

AdmiralPiett
03-05-2003, 12:33 AM
Yeah, the thing that amazes me is that it is all mint in box vintage stuff. Like the sandcrawler. If he thinks he can get away with charging $8 for a MOMC jar jar senator, he's just looney.
Piett

jjreason
03-05-2003, 01:56 AM
He pays and trades a lot of credit for nice vintage stuff. People from all over Canada and the US sell to him apparently (no, I have no experience in dealing with him, but have spoken to a few who have).

Anyway, Im in the Kebco club, and all I have so far is the new Imp and Rebel troops, Padme, Tusken and Library droids. Not bad. I didn't reorder Teebo and Eeth because they, and their accessories didn't change at all.

The next shipment should be leaving Atlanta soon, with the collection 1 figures up to Boba Fett - pit of Carkoon. Can't wait!

stillakid
03-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by jjreason
He pays and trades a lot of credit for nice vintage stuff. People from all over Canada and the US sell to him apparently (no, I have no experience in dealing with him, but have spoken to a few who have).

Anyway, Im in the Kebco club, and all I have so far is the new Imp and Rebel troops, Padme, Tusken and Library droids. Not bad. I didn't reorder Teebo and Eeth because they, and their accessories didn't change at all.

The next shipment should be leaving Atlanta soon, with the collection 1 figures up to Boba Fett - pit of Carkoon. Can't wait!

I've been waiting for weeks for my shipment of Library Droids etc. I wonder what the hold up is? Hopefully I'll get all those plus the collection 1 figures in the same box.

sigh.

kool-aid killer
03-05-2003, 06:58 AM
The only "new" figure ive found is the rebel fleet trooper on the saga card. I dont know if its the different head one or not. Oh and about collections and how they are displayed that you guys briefly touched upon, right now all of my toys are carded but when i get my own house i plan on setting up some massive dioramas. Plus carded figures take up way too much space.

Old Fossil
03-05-2003, 07:31 AM
I have given up on finding anything new. My last "new" figure was a lone Clone Pilot. But it's giving me time to snipe some older figures off EBay -- I've snagged a couple of sweet deals there lately, incredibly.

mtriv73
03-05-2003, 08:41 AM
I suddenly don't feel bad about collecting on the East coast. I've seen the new Padme wave several times now, and I've heard of others who found the Obi-wan Acklay battle wave. New figures aren't plentiful here, but they are showing up.

QLD
03-05-2003, 08:51 AM
The newest figure I have is Ephont Man.

I must confess, I haven't been looking lately. The fact that most of the new figs have been prequel figs has slowed my interest. Last toy run I made was in Jan, but I was looking for Marvel Legends.

Kidhuman
03-05-2003, 10:44 AM
The last figs I got were Watto, Yoda council and Destroyer Droid. Dry pickings in my neck of the woods. I also picked up a POTJ Lando. That is a sweet fig

jjreason
03-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
. I also picked up a POTJ Lando. That is a sweet fig

That he is. I'd love to unearth a bunch of potj figs somewhere. They're wicked, and I need some builders from that era.

jjr

JediDan
03-05-2003, 03:49 PM
I'm up to date so far. Even have Aayla Secura, Barriss Offee and Lama Su w/ Clone Youth. And the new Boba Fett, Secret Ceremony Anakin, R2-D2 w/ rockets, and the new Mace Windu. Now if you think Star Wars collecting is hard to keep up to date try Lord of the Rings, I am SO far behind right now I feel like giving up. Hardly any stores carry the product making it that much harder to find what I want. :( I should note that I have not found any of these SW figs in stores (that's impossible) I bought Wave 9 and 11 by the case. I'm willing to spend $7 a figure, saves me all the headaches of going to store to store and especially now (since gas is around $1.70 a gallon) I end up saving gas money too.

OzOtter
03-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Yeah, but I like to pick out one with a nice paint job. I reckon I've been able to get 95% of my collection at retail. It does entail a lot of running around, but for me, the hunt is half the fun.

JediDan
03-05-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by OzOtter
Yeah, but I like to pick out one with a nice paint job. I reckon I've been able to get 95% of my collection at retail. It does entail a lot of running around, but for me, the hunt is half the fun.

Yes I was once like you. I loved the thrill of the hunt. But now I work 6 days a week and what little time I have off I don't want to spend it in my car hours at a time walking in and out in and out and in and out of stores. I do miss the thrill of the hunt though. But I don't miss almost always hitting every red light I run across. :frus: Happy hunting to you. :D

keithfite
03-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Im pretty up to date. I have been reading your guys stuff on this thread about how your locations are doing on getting the new stuff. Well, I live in Ohio and the wal-mart near me always sucked. But now it rules. They have gotten everything They have yoda in council chair, padme tusken ambush, eeth koth, teebo, acklay obi wan, geonosian dooku, destroyer droid, ephant and all the new stuff. I havent seen aayla secura yet. Has any one found her in a store? I hope everyone starts finding them. Like they said earlier. Its fun to just go hunt for em. I know my wal-mart is doing good now but, I am sure I will hit a dry spell. There are always ups and downs in collecting as you all know. But the way I look at it, if you could just have all the figures given too you at once, where is the fun in that. and it was discussed earlier on whether you like to open your figures or not. OPEN THEM. thats what they were made fore. I just get the coolest looking or extreme rare figs to keep MOC. But I make sur I get one of each figure and open the son ***** up

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
03-05-2003, 07:05 PM
The last new figures I saw were JC Yoda and Clone Pilot. I should have gotten them when I had the chance...

Banthaholic
03-06-2003, 10:46 PM
I recommend people check out Entertainment Earth, they have EII Collection 2 (Wave 13) for preoprder for $64.99 in May. With shipping it comes to a little over $6 a figure. And get this it includes 12 Separate figures, not bad!!! Why wait for stores to restock, when you don't have to.
Here's the break down of the case
Star Wars Saga / Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones Collection 2 Figure Assortment, Wave 13. Includes 12 action figures: 1x Padme Amidala - Wedding Dress (NEW), 1x Wat Tambor (NEW), 1x Coleman Trebor (NEW), 1x Darth Maul (NEW), 1x Princess Leia (NEW), 1x Han Solo (NEW), 1x Yoda & Chian, 1x Ashla & Jempa, 1x Lama Su - Kamino Prime Minister with clone boy, 1x Barriss Offee - Luminara Unduli's Padawn, 1x Aayla Secura - Twi'lek Jedi Knight, and 1x Battle Droid - Arena Battle (subject to change).

The Yodas alone sells it for me, knowing how those things fly off the shelves.

JEDIpartner
03-07-2003, 08:29 AM
I have everything through the 2003 first wave of collection 2 figures... with the exception of the figures I didn't need/want over the last 8 years or the really HTF vintage ones when I was buying them back in the day! :happy:

So... I really have a bunch! Too many, actually.