PDA

View Full Version : Boba's voice

dirtybones
03-04-2003, 05:41 PM
I know this is pushing it a little, but after watching AOTC this morning ( I had the day off ) I got to wondering if they should redo all of Boba's line with Jango's tone like all the Clonetroopers had. I mean it does make sense, after all he is a clone of Jango. I think it would really give the true feel of his character, knowing what we now know of him and his past.
So, leave it or change it?

Beast
03-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Nah, the voice is fine. He's a young boy in AOTC's, and your accent comes from your environment and your upbringing. Not genetically. Besides just like Jango, his voice is processed thru a speaker in his helmet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
03-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Agreed. No reason to change, just leave it. But if it is decided that it will be changed fo the AE's then I'm cool with that too.:D

The 'Xir
03-04-2003, 11:32 PM
Also, remember Boba is an unaltered and unmodified clone of Jango, so as JJ stated above his voice would develop as a result of him growing up in his surroundings naturally and could easily be different! Although it sounds as if he has an accent in AOTC, people move to new areas(as I'm sure he will in EPIII seeing as he is on his own now) and when they do their accents often change! His voice in the OT is just fine!

~Put Captain Solo in the Cargo hold~

stillakid
03-05-2003, 01:29 AM
I think he should change the OT. With the non-release of the original versions of the OT, it is clear that he intends on altering those films even more than he already has, so while he's at it, he might as well go all the way and try to close as many of those continuity gaps as possible. Boba's voice is one. Stormtrooper voices are another. Midichlorian references are another. Qui Gon references are another. I say do 'em all.

Kidhuman
03-05-2003, 11:02 AM
I say leave it be. I agree with JJB that environment has alot to do with your accent. My step-son was born in Va. and he speaks with a NewYork accecnt because he hears me talking alot.

scruffziller
03-05-2003, 11:55 AM
It also sounded a bit vocoded too. There's a comlink in that helmet, right?? And possibly, he might have a vocoder in there to change the voice to conceal his identity more.

Rogue II
03-05-2003, 12:09 PM
Geez, Boba Fett only had a couple lines in the OT, so why bother.

"He's no good to me dead."

"Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.'

and his last line:
"Aaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!":crazed:

dirtybones
03-05-2003, 05:29 PM
Why not bother? Lucas made the HUGE mistake of having Greedo fire first. Geez!!

It's just MPO on a small part of a great character.:D :D :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-07-2003, 04:44 PM
If not Boba, then change the troopers' voices. Provided they are still made on Kamino, and hear the Kaminoans talking, they would have accents. Yeah.:D

The 'Xir
03-10-2003, 10:32 PM
actually good point, once the empire is established there are many training facilitys throught the empire along with the famed "academy" mentioned in ANH (so from that alone we know that not all stormtroopers are clones) and fleshed out in EU, so due to surroundings why can't stormtroopers have different voices also?

Amy
03-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
I think he should change the OT. With the non-release of the original versions of the OT, it is clear that he intends on altering those films even more than he already has, so while he's at it, he might as well go all the way and try to close as many of those continuity gaps as possible. Boba's voice is one. Stormtrooper voices are another. Midichlorian references are another. Qui Gon references are another. I say do 'em all.

Ditto. Do whatever need be to make the saga complete.

bobafrett
03-18-2003, 01:43 AM
As a member of the 501st costuming club, and one who wears Stormtrooper armor, I say they should make all the voices sounds as mundane and boring as my own! In fact, they should use my voice and change all the voices of all the characters to that of my own, including Vaders!

I'm just kidding, I think George L. should keep his hands off the movies, and just let them live as they "were". I mean they didn't change the Emperor hologram in Empire to look more like the Emperor in Jedi, even in the SE did they?

Amy
03-18-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett
I mean they didn't change the Emperor hologram in Empire to look more like the Emperor in Jedi, even in the SE did they?

No, but I really wish he did, or would. Whats up with the Emperors eye in that hologram? lol.

Beast
03-18-2003, 04:19 AM
Amy, he's commenly referred to as the O.L.M.E. Emperor. Basically, the "Old Lady Monkey Eyed" Empeoror. Due to the fact that he was a composite of a an old lady's face, with the eyes and forehead of a monkey/chimp. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
03-18-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Amy
No, but I really wish he did, or would. Whats up with the Emperors eye in that hologram? lol.

The eyes are actually that of a chimp. And the person who plays the Emperor is actually a woman :sur:.

PENDO!

edit: Damn! Beaten by JJB, and in more detail too :mad:

:p