PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Soundtrack

PoggleTheGreater
03-04-2003, 08:06 PM
Anybody know when a complete edition of the AOTC soundtrack will be released?

mini-rock
03-04-2003, 08:17 PM
No idea. Sorry.:)

Pendo
03-05-2003, 12:52 PM
As far as I know there aren't even any plans for one yet :(. I'm hoping there will be one soon though, I think John Williams' music in AOTC is magnificant and much better than the music for TPM (which is also good :)).

PENDO!

icatch9
03-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Yea I heard the same thing. Nothing in the works. I don't think the complete edition of TPM did very well. IMO it was to expensive. I bet we get it sooner or later, but more likely in a box set with all the music from the PT.

El Chuxter
03-05-2003, 01:07 PM
I hope it's sooner rather than later. I want (at the very least) the tune played in Dex's Diner and the Yoda duel music. This is, IMHO, the best of the five scores and it deserves better treatment.

scruffziller
03-05-2003, 04:06 PM
One of the excerpts from the soundtrack I had heard here recently while watching Star Trek Voyager. They aren't exactly the same but extremely similar. I believe it was from the Barge of the Dead ep or it was Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy, I am not sure.

TheDarthVader
03-05-2003, 08:17 PM
The soundtrack should defiantely be released. I like the padme/anakin love theme...that's pretty good music!

mini-rock
03-05-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
I hope it's sooner rather than later. I want (at the very least) the tune played in Dex's Diner and the Yoda duel music. This is, IMHO, the best of the five scores and it deserves better treatment.

Yeah I love the music for the Yoda / Dooku duel. Hopefully if it's decided to be done we can get it on DTS CD, DVD-Audio, or SACD too.:D

PoggleTheGreater
03-05-2003, 09:08 PM
The music from the droid factory sceen was good too.

Pendo
03-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
The soundtrack should defiantely be released. I like the padme/anakin love theme...that's pretty good music!

Originally posted by PoggleTheGreater
The music from the droid factory sceen was good too.

But those two pieces of music can be found on the 1st Soundtrack. It's the little bits such as Anakin and Padmé leaving Coruscant as refugees, and Palpatine talking with Anakin that I want to hear, the bits that weren't on the 1st soundtrack.

PENDO!

PoggleTheGreater
03-06-2003, 06:35 PM
The music I was talking about is the piece when Anakin is stuck on the conveor belt. That piece was also featured in the trailers, but I don't recall it on the soundtrack.

mini-rock
03-06-2003, 08:31 PM
Neither was the Yoda Dooku fight. Unless I somehow missed it over the hundreds of times I've listened to the soundtrack.

El Chuxter
03-07-2003, 11:29 AM
I read somewhere several months ago that the Yoda theme being played during the conveyor belt chase was recycled from Yoda's duel since the scene was extended late in the game and went much longer than John Williams' "On The Conveyor Belt" (the Target bonus track). I'll try to hunt down the link.

mini-rock
03-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Ahhh! Figures. I didn't get it at Target.

Megs 2
03-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Well technically there r complete sdtks to all 4 movies. Well w/TPM that's a different story. However I would think that there will be a complete sdtk (original music) to AOTC. Maybe within a year or so.