PDA

View Full Version : End Of Line Figures

U.K.BOY
11-13-2001, 07:54 AM
Well Well Well,

It certainly looks as though Hasbro were treating the FX-7 wave as the end of that Cardback line.

Judging by the poor, out-of-focus picture on the Rebel Fleet Trooper (worse than most custom cardbacks I have seen) and the fact that nobody could be bothered to properly finish the paint detail on the helmet, and the mini blaster that looks about as long as the guys hand, I am so disappointed that what could have been a mega figure has been spoilt by the detailing.

Also received the Deluxe Amanaman & Leia figures which look nice.Been waiting sooo long for that big yellow Banana guy !!.

The Imperial Officer looks nice although its looks as thought he has his head on tilted ?.Dunno, maybe just me ?.

Anywho, good luck with the hunt for this wave.

Rollo Tomassi
11-13-2001, 09:17 AM
For the first time in history, I ordered full cases of the last waves of POTJ. I am starting to be thankful of that decision. I'll get the figures I want without hassle and have a few "rare" figures to trade with down the road. That's a smart investment in my mind. I see these puppies being about as infamous as the last of the Episode 1 figures and POTF2 figures. I'm still barely clinging to the idea that kay-Bee and TRU are sitting on vast unopened cases of TC-14, R2-B1 and Sio Bibble as well as R2with Holo Leia, but as the months slip inoxerably towards Episode II, I find myself dreading e-bay and $20 figure purchases. At least I won't have that problem with all of these guys.

Wolfwood319
11-13-2001, 12:16 PM
I don't know if these figs are going to be as hard to find as everyone says they will be. The last 3 waves are plentiful and pegwarmers where I live. And with the holidays coming up, I just as soon figure that Hasbro will want to put out more for the shopping season.

OC47150
11-13-2001, 12:35 PM
Rollo, I, too, still hope that KB will release the TC-14 and R2-B1 wave. My confidence in the company raised quite a bit about two weeks ago when a shipment of Yodas, Nute Gunrays and Rune Haakos showed up. I needed an extra Yoda and Rune for dioramas and was on the verge spending $5 or more each to get loose ones, whereas I got brand new ones, complete with commchips for $3 or $4.

The TRUs in my area never got any of the clearanced fan club figues (DS droid, DS trooper, Hoth Leia, Wuhrer) or hologram R2s earlier this year.

I will still continue to hope.

Wolfwood319
11-13-2001, 01:59 PM
Another thing, when are we going to get Ephant Mon. Is he to be POTJ or the new line? I thought he might be thrown in with the Bo Shek line. I haven't heard anything about this figure since he was announced as the 3rd fans' choice.

Anyone have any info on this guy?

OC47150
11-13-2001, 02:26 PM
I'd say it's safe to guess at least next summer at the earliest, after the first wave or two of Ep. 2 figures. It all depends on how far along he was in development at the time of the poll.

evenflow
11-13-2001, 04:17 PM
I think that we will sadly :cry: to wait for Ephant Man. I am curious if Teebo and them will be on POTJ cards?

Mandalorian Candidat
11-13-2001, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
For the first time in history, I ordered full cases of the last waves of POTJ. I am starting to be thankful of that decision. I'll get the figures I want without hassle and have a few "rare" figures to trade with down the road. That's a smart investment in my mind. I see these puppies being about as infamous as the last of the Episode 1 figures and POTF2 figures. I'm still barely clinging to the idea that kay-Bee and TRU are sitting on vast unopened cases of TC-14, R2-B1 and Sio Bibble as well as R2with Holo Leia, but as the months slip inoxerably towards Episode II, I find myself dreading e-bay and $20 figure purchases. At least I won't have that problem with all of these guys.

I hope you're right. I wanted to get a R2-B1 loose just for the power harness for my son's Amidala starship (R2-D2 needs one) and they are going for about as much as a new carded figure at retail (about $7).

GNT
11-14-2001, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

I don't think they'll be rare as you think they'll be Rollo,dont get your hopes up!