PDA

View Full Version : Okay, now what?

Trip J
03-05-2003, 08:43 AM
I finally broke down and bought a Gamecube (Zelda is coming after all).

I admit, other than watching for Zelda, I haven't been keeping track of GC titles too much. What are some great GC titles that I can't get on PS2?

QLD
03-05-2003, 09:42 AM
Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime
Mario Party 4
Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball 1&2
Animal Crossing
Luigi's Mansion

That should hold you over for a while :D

James Boba Fettfield
03-05-2003, 09:57 AM
Ugh, Luigi's Mansion. If you want something new and fun, try out Eternal Darkness. It reminded me of H. P. Lovecraft stories, which only made it that much cooler. Just a word of warning, Luigi's Mansion is a very short game. Get Mario Sunshine instead of Luigi's Mansion. That game is addictive once you get into it. Another game that offered me a lot of fun was Super Smash Bros. Melee. As a mostly single player guy myself, that fighting game offered a lot of stuff in single player mode. Then there was the multi player stuff it offered. A couple of my buddies and I had a few meetings where we played that game and my how the time did fly. I'd also recommend Resident Evil 1 and 0, if you like those sort of games. Those are all great games.

Rogue II
03-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Don't play Animal Crossing. It is like a drug. Once you start playing, you can't stop. How dare I get addicted to a video game that doesn't involve sports or killing.

I started playing Mario Sunshine and Rogue Leader as well. They are both cool. Jedi Outcast is on my shelf as well, but I haven't played it yet.

Lord Malakite
03-05-2003, 10:35 AM
Super Mario Sunshine (if you enjoyed Super Mario 64)
Luigi's Mansion (a bit short, but still a good game - plus I believe it has recently come down in price)
Eternal Darkness (this game has one of best stories I have ever seen, and going insane is fun too)
Metroid Prime (great first person adaption for the classic series)
Animal Crossing (Nintendo's wacky version The Sims)
Rogue Leader (a must for any SW fan)
Wave Race: Blue Storm ( if you are the racing type)
Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2, Mario Party 4 (if you like challenging mini games)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Its Zelda, need I say more)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Ocarina of Time Master Quest ( Its a port and a remake of N64's great Zelda game, plus its free)
Super Smash Brothers Melee (Nintendo's best battling it out)
Sonic Mega Collection (all the Hedgehog's classics on one disk)
Resident Evil (a very realistic remake)
Resident Evil Zero (good prequel to the horror series and has the same great graphics as the RE remake)

QLD
03-05-2003, 11:23 AM
How could I forget about Super Smash Brothers and the Resident Evil games.

Rogue II
03-05-2003, 12:35 PM
I haven't played any version since the original game came out. Are the Zelda games really that cool? There seems to be a ton of Zelda fans. Are there any similarly formated games?

scruffziller
03-05-2003, 01:02 PM
Excellent choice the Cube.:cool: Especially now that alot of what I thought were going to be exclusive PS2 games are coming to the Cube DBZ:Budokai, Metal Gear, etc.:D

Trip J
03-05-2003, 01:15 PM
I've had a PS2 for a couple of years now. It was the first non-Nintendo system I ever bought.

I haven't played any version since the original game came out. Are the Zelda games really that cool? There seems to be a ton of Zelda fans. Are there any similarly formated games?

Yes, they really are that cool. I don't know. Action/adventure without quite crossing the line between First-person Shooter or full-blown RPG. It is cool enough that I'm going to buy a system just for it.

Thanks for all of the input everyone, I really appreciate it.

Teeska Mon Eebon
03-07-2003, 09:33 PM
Super Smash Brothers is the reaon I bought the GC so thus I would have to strongly recomend it!