PDA

View Full Version : 2004 could be good

rherk
03-05-2003, 11:53 AM
I just wanna say for the first time since the begining of the Saga line, I am actually optimistic of the future of Star Wars toys and it's all due to the concept sketches of the new Luke jedi.

2002/03 was a tough year. Almost everytime a new figure was revealed, I found myself yelling at the computer screen. Hasbro, I understand that as a corporation it is priority #1 to make money. Although I am sure some employees working on the Star Wars account are very passionate about what they do. You tried new things hoping to expand the market (action features) but in fact you upset many long time fans and collectors. I guess it prooves if you have something good, don't change it. I think the majority of the Star Wars fans appriciate the consistancy of the toy line as apposed to the play value (except with articulation).

I may just forgive you all together for 2002/03 but only if you proove 2004 to be equal or greater to the POTJ line. I do understand that The Clone Wars figures is a line of it's own and don't expect much and have no commitments to it as I do the regular line.

So, with all that said. Keep me happy. Stick with nutral poses, no action features and some great sculpts.

P.S. Please use plastic/rubber materials for the new Luke jedi knight figures cloak for 2004. Oh and remember, the cloak is brown not black.

Thanks,
rherk

Kidhuman
03-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Any year can actually be good, but I am looking foward to a long time of collecting. I feel that since Hasbro has the liscence through 2018 they will be slightly improving year after year, but they need to heed the customers advice.

One thing that just popped into my mind is Hasbro should have a contest like Mastercard is doing. They should hire an intern from the public to help out on the creations of the newer figures. This way at least someone with a love for Star Wars can giveit a shot. Think if someone from here won that at least our opinions and thoughts would actually be considered.

OzOtter
03-05-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
They should hire an intern from the public to help out on the creations of the newer figures. This way at least someone with a love for Star Wars can giveit a shot.

I don't know about that. Some of the guys (and gals?) here have very specific opinions on things that I definitely don't agree with. I certainly wouldn't trust some of you to start making my action figures. :p